• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Vard

sneaky77 said:
all u have to do is change the camera being used in the be a pro games I think
Oh, wow. I was looking under Online Game Modes and totally didn't see Virtual Pro on the main menu before that. Got it now, thanks!

k0ji-wd

if y'all didn't know, GAF has an official FIFA club over in the Community Forum, we're always looking for more members so join us there if you'd like to play FIFA's best mode!

adelante

k0ji-wd said:
if y'all didn't know, GAF has an official FIFA club over in the Community Forum, we're always looking for more members so join us there if you'd like to play FIFA's best mode!
It is indeed. I absolutely love playing COD/MW/HALO with my friends and the local community here (and I've put a ton of time in them) but those games simply cant compare to FIFA's Clubs when it comes to sheer satisfaction and excitement...probably just a football thing.

Looking forward to watching your videos after work...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
k0ji-wd said:

nice awesome stuff guys

leng jai

I'm getting sick of this shit. 9/10 people online just do random lobs to Ronaldo/Messi/Rooney and eventually they luck out and score.

MMaRsu

leng jai said:
I'm getting sick of this shit. 9/10 people online just do random lobs to Ronaldo/Messi/Rooney and eventually they luck out and score.

Yup..fucking noobs

and almost everyone chooses Real Madrid. Schooled some noob 3-0 though, ofcourse he quit before the match was over.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Psyclone said:
3) Can't get my head around free kicks this time! Any tips?

4) Sometimes when passing, above the strength bar you get another little triangle that doesn't necessarily correspond with the shot power, is that accuracy?!

FIFA is such an undocumented game that it baffles me how little information sharing there is. Everywhere you go, every forum its bitching or boasting or asking for stuff, there's very little useful info sharing which is kinda strange nowadays, most games I play are documented to the brim thanks to the internet and places like GAF. Anyway hoepfully others can chime in with tips too, alot of this is how I think things are, I dont know how definite it is.

3) Free kicks vary a lot, kinda like real life, your player's skill in them is very important and from there your technique has to be spot on.

- holding up = dip
- LB/L1 = power (unless you have power free kick trait ironically in which case its low driven, i.e. hard along the floor)

If I'm within 25 yards I line the edge of the wall with the post, press up (which I hold until the view stops moving, can be tricky) and shoot with 3 bars or so, any curl is added after the shot button is released.

Alternatively if I have power free kick on, I aim at the post not covered by the wall, press up and LB and shoot hard, 3 or 4 bars. Or go under the wall with a small tap.

Further than 25 yards I do the same only hold up and LB and avoid using curl.

4) I think that white thing is how much power the pas actually had. So if you tap it gently your bar will go short but the white marker will be above it showing how much power was actually used. If you hold it to the max, you'll also see the difference. I find it a nuisance at times as you realise just how little control your passing power bar has. I only figured this out when I tried manual passing where the marker doesn't appear and you realise what a short/maxed out pass actually looks like and how much the game was passing for you.

Slizz

If you are down for some semi-assisted controls, GAF member, Xbox 360, Champions League(big deal since most our leagues we use shitty teams) there is a thread in the online and there are still slots left. Please be able to play at least twice a week and not flake :D

21esvgj.gif

I have a question about Fifa 11 hopefully someone can answer.

A friend of mine rented FIFA 11 and brought it over to my house to play last week and I noticed that if you wanted to play international teams there are only the few well known countries that you can choose from.

My question
I was wondering do the other countries get unlocked as you play games or do you need to download them as DLC or they just wont be included?

The only reason is that in FIFA 2010 World Cup game they have a huge selection of international teams and me and my friends (all from different back grounds) like playing with our home countries.

I was going to get FIFA11 but if the international team choices are so limited I think I'll just wait till FIFA12.

For whatever reason, the non specialized versions of FIFA contain a odd selection of International teams. My guess is market for the game are largest in those countries. Unfortunately there are no unlockable teams, DLC teams, or any other sorts. The limit the international selection to encourage the purchasing of their intermittent releases such as FIFA World Cup, and FIFA Euro 2012. It sucks.

jlevel13

Kos Luftar said:
My question
I was wondering do the other countries get unlocked as you play games or do you need to download them as DLC or they just wont be included?

There are very few national teams (compared to their world cup releases) in the mainline FIFA games. that's just the way it is. more teams aren't coming and significantly more won't be in next year's release either.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pretty sure pes has more national teams. world cup is the game to get if you are into national teams and international comp -- game is amazing for that and probably reasonably cheap now too. pes would probably be second. fifa far far last.

adelante

kaizoku said:
4) I think that white thing is how much power the pas actually had. So if you tap it gently your bar will go short but the white marker will be above it showing how much power was actually used. If you hold it to the max, you'll also see the difference. I find it a nuisance at times as you realise just how little control your passing power bar has. I only figured this out when I tried manual passing where the marker doesn't appear and you realise what a short/maxed out pass actually looks like and how much the game was passing for you.
That white thing's actually an indicator for a perfectly weighted pass (i.e ball reaches your team mate in the shortest time possible). Over/under hitting the ball will lead to error-prone passes and as far as I know, this power-dependant aspect of pro passing is turned off for manual settings (contextual error like wrong footedness, pressure, etc remains though)

Slizz said:
Why don't you jus join the 360 Champions League? Fuck international, really.

I only have a PS3, and I really don't think I am ready for a Gaf League. I am still in the sprint down the sides with a fast player and score (which only works when playing against Amateur difficulty against the comp).

Need more practice.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sol.. said:
Sweet vid i gotta play with yall.
yeah man hit us up in the thread in the community forum and i'll send you an invite. i play random weeknights after 11 est mostly but a bunch of different people play at different times too. new faces always welcome.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
pretty sure pes has more national teams. world cup is the game to get if you are into national teams and international comp -- game is amazing for that and probably reasonably cheap now too. pes would probably be second. fifa far far last.

I played the PES demo the other day, I forgot I had downloaded it, and while I like a lot of things, some of the stuff was pretty unresponsive in comparison, I wish the Fifa pitch was that big though, makes it feel like there is more space for passing.

jlevel13

sneaky77 said:
I played the PES demo the other day.

Keep in mind, like the FIFA demo (but moreso), the PES demo really doesn't reflect how the game actually turned out, especially after the most recent batch of patches. It's much improved.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
this game ever go on sale for a decent price?

i havent played FIFA with any of you in a long time.
yah it was on sale for the holidays at amazon but haven't heard about anything else

I think the game ball bug from fifa 10 may have returned. I'm playing a game in the Budesliga, and instead of playing with the official game ball, its a generic orange EA sports game ball. Has anyone else encountered this ?

jlevel13 said:
There are about twice as many national teams in PES (approx. 80 vs 40). You can see the full list here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2011 - but I'm not sure how many of those 80 are fully licensed (some definitely aren't - for example, the USA is in there in theory, but with fictional kits and players).

I hate to say it, but that really is a deal breaker. The licenses are very important to me, which makes me feel a bit like an ass. Oh well, that is why I play FIFA!

Tf53

Awesome Animals said:
I hate to say it, but that really is a deal breaker. The licenses are very important to me, which makes me feel a bit like an ass. Oh well, that is why I play FIFA!
Funnily enough, those licenses are most likely also the reason why there aren't more national teams. From what I understand, FIFA's licensing agreement requires EA to put out official games for each World Cup and UEFA EURO Championship, which has led to the borking of regular FIFA titles. It's kind of annoying, because every FIFA release is either coming right after a championship (like 11) or right before one (like 10 or 12).

FWIW, I still think they should take a week more just to tweak the menu functionality. I don't know how many times I've input "down, down, down, A, A, A" just to get back to play another quick match, when they could've just dropped me back to the Xbox Live menu.

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
Funnily enough, those licenses are most likely also the reason why there aren't more national teams. From what I understand, FIFA's licensing agreement requires EA to put out official games for each World Cup and UEFA EURO Championship, which has led to the borking of regular FIFA titles. It's kind of annoying, because every FIFA release is either coming right after a championship (like 11) or right before one (like 10 or 12).

FWIW, I still think they should take a week more just to tweak the menu functionality. I don't know how many times I've input "down, down, down, A, A, A" just to get back to play another quick match, when they could've just dropped me back to the Xbox Live menu.

I agree on the menu, and I don't mind the lack of international teams on the main releases as I rather play with clubs anyway

dk_

I played 100 ranked matches and didn't get the achievement. Fucking quitters! 80% of my winning matches were quit by some douchebag. I hate the FIFA community!

iNvid02

dk_ said:
I played 100 ranked matches and didn't get the achievement. Fucking quitters! 80% of my winning matches were quit by some douchebag. I hate the FIFA community!

online game modes > head to head > custom match
press square to view/change settings
set did not finish to 10% max (default in ranked games is ANY thats why people leave)

now chances are you'll be hosting the game and play against someone decent
you can also change the game speed to slow normal or fast which is good, i play on slow

Tf53

So who do I complain about death threats? A guy told me I would die after I beat him. When I responded that everyone dies eventually, he replied with this: (spoilered because of graphic language)

SummersBeast 20.1.2011
Your time will come sooner than expected then your decapitated wife will lye beneath you while you beg me not too slice your helpless bonded children

Does this mean I'm officially too good at FIFA?

sneaky77

lol.. some people take shit too seriously... but yes.. what level are you?

Normally I just call people pussy for using madrid and barca and defending with 10 players anyway. Most of them dont reply cause they know I am right. And I don't use a 5 star team lol

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
lol.. some people take shit too seriously... but yes.. what level are you?

Normally I just call people pussy for using madrid and barca and defending with 10 players anyway. Most of them dont reply cause they know I am right. And I don't use a 5 star team lol
I think I'm at level 22 or 23? Lost my last 2 games, so that should put me at around 3250 points. I play as either Sevilla or if people wanna take it to a lower level, Dinamo Moscow. This guy was playing as Real Madrid. He pulled even with a fluky corner at full time, only to foul me in the box during my last chance attack. I scored the winner from the penalty and didn't give him a rematch.

Vard

FIFA hate mail is the best. It's great to see people in their raging element. I've only gotten hate mail when playing FIFA. Oddly enough the only messages I've sent are along the lines of 'hey, those were some great games.'

I also love beating the likes of Real with Liverpool. That never gets old.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I bought FIFA 11 brand new and the online code won't activate!!! It was in the plastic so I don't think it was stolen.

It is from Hong Kong though and I am in Australia. Does that make a difference? If so, it's a load of shit

iNvid02

Dizzan said:
I bought FIFA 11 brand new and the online code won't activate!!! It was in the plastic so I don't think it was stolen.

It is from Hong Kong though and I am in Australia. Does that make a difference? If so, it's a load of shit

you have to use it on the honk kong ps store then, wont work on aus store
what you can do is make a 2nd psn account, set your country as hong kong, activate the game on that account and then go back to playing on your aus account. the activation works for the entire console.

Awesome Animals said:

In some ways I always loved having a number of unlicensed national teams in PES since you could have the freedom to edit the kits. When a new kit was released or a different kit combo, you could just jump right into edit mode and reflect those changes. As long as the players themselves were licensed then that was cool with me (or at least the ability to edit the names, too).

Menelaus

Banned
TheStringTheory said:
I think the game ball bug from fifa 10 may have returned. I'm playing a game in the Budesliga, and instead of playing with the official game ball, its a generic orange EA sports game ball. Has anyone else encountered this ?
It has a name.

Poop ball

adelante

Quick look over at their forums and Rutter's twitter feed yielded nothing? Hmmm

I've already resigned to the fact that the team's focusing on FIFA12 by now, hope to hear some news on that as early as March

Top Bottom