• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

rinse82

FIFA 11 Online Annoyance #17: Opponent spamming "READY!" when you're making pre-game formation/squad adjustments.

When that happens, I purposely go slower, and make sure we watch the pre-game cut scenes in their entirety =)

dk_

rinse82 said:
FIFA 11 Online Annoyance #17: Opponent spamming "READY!" when you're making pre-game formation/squad adjustments.

When that happens, I purposely go slower, and make sure we watch the pre-game cut scenes in their entirety =)
Hahaha, me too.

Maybe it's just because I'm shit, but does anyone else get frustrated at the physic, perfect defensive AI? Or how an attacking AI player will magically read my next move as soon as I hit the tackle button, and sidestep me in Ronaldo-esque fashion?

I'm sick of making incisive, one-two-three breaks and then watching as the AI unnaturally speeds up to make up 5 metres on Adam Johnson with relative ease, or how they ALWAYS get the cut-off angle just right? I play on professional, by the way. Sick off it. And I get the feeling any disputed balls goes 80/20 to the AI, especially headers and deflections, AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE MANNER IN WHICH THE AI INSTANTANEOUSLY RECOVERS FROM A TACKLE OR COLLISION WHILE I WANDER AROUND UNCONTROLLABLY DAZED FOR SEVERAL MOMENTS. ARGH.

/rant

Great game.

Tf53

3ur4zn said:
Maybe it's just because I'm shit, but does anyone else get frustrated at the physic, perfect defensive AI? Or how an attacking AI player will magically read my next move as soon as I hit the tackle button, and sidestep me in Ronaldo-esque fashion?

I'm sick of making incisive, one-two-three breaks and then watching as the AI unnaturally speeds up to make up 5 metres on Adam Johnson with relative ease, or how they ALWAYS get the cut-off angle just right? I play on professional, by the way. Sick off it. And I get the feeling any disputed balls goes 80/20 to the AI, especially headers and deflections, AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE MANNER IN WHICH THE AI INSTANTANEOUSLY RECOVERS FROM A TACKLE OR COLLISION WHILE I WANDER AROUND UNCONTROLLABLY DAZED FOR SEVERAL MOMENTS. ARGH.

/rant

Great game.
You need to stop playing offline.

sneaky77

any idea what the new patch does? other than aparently make my aim in semi go to hell

i really starting to hate auto controls.. whats the pt of even including other options if is so unbalanced..

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
any idea what the new patch does? other than aparently make my aim in semi go to hell

i really starting to hate auto controls.. whats the pt of even including other options if is so unbalanced..
I still fantasize about a world where you can't play ranked matches with auto controls.

WJD

sneaky77 said:
I cant remember the last time I played Barca is 90% RM, the rest divided between Chelsea, Man Utd, Inter Milan.. and 1% someone will use a 4 star team cause they see me with a 4 star team as default.

I've never really had a problem with that. Napoli are my most used team and if anyone ever sees me as them they'll generally pick a 4 star team to match.

Omiee

can someone help me with the pc version, i want to unlock some boots for my virtual pro but it says i have to represent any pro club or what ever 50 times to get coloured boots, iv played on semi pro and worldclass and all dificutlies in manager mode and be a pro and when i go to progress it keeps saying 0/50
so how do i get them..?

Meier

Omiee said:
can someone help me with the pc version, i want to unlock some boots for my virtual pro but it says i have to represent any pro club or what ever 50 times to get coloured boots, iv played on semi pro and worldclass and all dificutlies in manager mode and be a pro and when i go to progress it keeps saying 0/50
so how do i get them..?
I am not entirely sure as I've only done it a few times but I'm guessing this means playing online with your pro in the Pro Clubs option.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah it means online pro clubs. too bad you aren't on 360 or you could join us! i think our club has like 1000+ games played. maybe more

Omiee

is there a ps3 club cuz i might get it on ps3 to.
also does anyone have a save file with all the accomplishments unlocked and the boots etc ( i know im bad for asking this =(

Tf53

Yep, the traditional slide is definitely on. I think I lost 150-200 points tonight. I think I outplayed my opponents in 3 or 4 games, but just couldn't finish. I'm at the point where I'm seriously thinking about switching back to auto shooting. It feels like I'm playing with a different set of rules, and shooting myself in the leg while at it. Fucking infuriating.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tf53 said:
Yep, the traditional slide is definitely on. I think I lost 150-200 points tonight. I think I outplayed my opponents in 3 or 4 games, but just couldn't finish. I'm at the point where I'm seriously thinking about switching back to auto shooting. It feels like I'm playing with a different set of rules, and shooting myself in the leg while at it. Fucking infuriating.
you should finish the gaf wc with that guy you are unstoppable in those that will get you back on track

Tf53

AstroLad said:
you should finish the gaf wc with that guy you are unstoppable in those that will get you back on track
Nah, I think I'll give it a week. If I keep pushing, it'll only get worse.

I keep picking progressively worse teams when I play RM, Barca, or Chelsea, and it isn't helping haha. I'm so bored playing with and against the same teams. I get so excited when someone has a MLS team, or even Milan or Inter at this point. It is amazing the speed difference between a 5* and a 4*. You can hardly compete. It is worse when I lose by a goal and outplayed them and then they won't give me a rematch.

DiresuDR

AstroLad said:
yes altho if you have a choice and get anything other than the 360 version you are literally insane

Why? I have both systems but was going to get it for PS3 because I don't have an active XBL gold account at the moment. Is there something wrong with the PS3 version?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DiresuDR said:
Why? I have both systems but was going to get it for PS3 because I don't have an active XBL gold account at the moment. Is there something wrong with the PS3 version?
not that i know of. just that everyone on gaf plays on 360. without clubs and online leagues i woulda sold this thing three months ago but ymmv

leng jai

Really? In Australia it seems that the PS3 version is a lot more popular. I remember that version being sold out on release day and most of my friends have it on PS3 as well.

Vard

AstroLad said:
not that i know of. just that everyone on gaf plays on 360. without clubs and online leagues i woulda sold this thing three months ago but ymmv
There's nothing wrong with the PS3 version. More GAFfers are on the 360 one it seems, and the 360 club is more active if you're into that, but I see several PSN friends playing FIFA besides me frequently.

Just get whatever version you want to play on; you'll find plenty of people to play against on either one.

DiresuDR

AstroLad said:

Ah ok. Might get this one on 360 then. Would be nice to have some regular people to play with. I mostly lurk on GAF but if there is an online league going that could be kinda fun. I played FIFA10 a ton online but never really got into the online league/club stuff. Mostly just did 1v1 and the random team v team matches.

Vard

AstroLad said:
there's a ps3 club?
Yep, there's a thread in the Community section for it IIRC. I don't know if it's active much any more (if at all), but I almost exclusively do 1v1 against randoms and friends so I'm not the best to ask.

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
i like how every gameplay update fucks up the game even more... fucking ruttski
This morning, I once again fantasized about EA actually trying to encourage people to get off the assists. They don't even have to make them mandatory, just give anyone playing without them a 20 point boost for semi or 30 point boost for manual in ranked or something.

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
This morning, I once again fantasized about EA actually trying to encourage people to get off the assists. They don't even have to make them mandatory, just give anyone playing without them a 20 point boost for semi or 30 point boost for manual in ranked or something.

yeah but not only that is like they regressed the gameplay now is back to being a sprintfest and ping pong all over the place... at least before christmas there was a way to play with semi and not 5 star teams

sneaky77

I think this describes pretty well all is wrong.. I have 70% possession against a guy defending with 8 with R Madrid.. one long pass to Ronaldo.. all my defenders somehow bounce of him like he is made of rubber.. and he scores a tying goal.

If they dont fix that being able to defend with 8 and still be able to create easy chances in fifa 12 it may go back to be traded in record time.

SumGamer

Cant believe Carroll went up a lot. His finishing up from 69 to 82! He's been playing like this for over a year. I wonder if he stays at NUFC will he get this much boost. Overall I'm happy with NUFC stats changes.

Meier

After two seasons as a player, complete with 39 Goals and 23 assists during my second MLS Cup, I decided to take over as player manager for the Chicago Fire.

I was shocked and dismayed to learn that their transfer budget is a paltry $3.2 million. :( Not having any money sucks but at least I can sim games now. One thing that I don't understand about FIFA is that it seems like the other players on the squad never really progress.

Hixx

Wow Sunderland are ace after the squad update. Sessegnon & Gyan just tear through defences, Richardson is ridiculously fast and even Malbranque is quick (he's slow as shit really though).

Of last 9 games won 8 and lost 1 online. Loss was against fucking Newcastle though that was pre-update cos that lanky streak of piss Carroll scored.

It's great watching people race to Chelsea for Torres and Drogba only to realise 10 minutes in Bramble and Mensah will have them nullified all game. Love it.

sneaky77

I dont think the ranked matches should punish you so much for losing 2-1 with a 4 star team to a 5 star team, specially if u dominate the match.. but.. oh well.

Magicked

Meier said:
After two seasons as a player, complete with 39 Goals and 23 assists during my second MLS Cup, I decided to take over as player manager for the Chicago Fire.

I was shocked and dismayed to learn that their transfer budget is a paltry $3.2 million. :( Not having any money sucks but at least I can sim games now. One thing that I don't understand about FIFA is that it seems like the other players on the squad never really progress.

Year after year there are always huge bugs in manager mode. It's really a shame.

Top Bottom