• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

sambo

Neo Member
Anyone know how soon the game will be updated to reflect this transfer window?

Here's hoping my avatar doesn't need to be changed :)

sun-drop

OMG ..did not realized the web client for ps3's ultimate team actually lets you trade now .. fuccck.

there goes my productivity

Dragnet

The update typically comes around mid to late feb, the FIFA team seems to wait a while to see what formations the teams use with their new transfers so they can add those to the update too.

Dragnet said:
The update typically comes around mid to late feb, the FIFA team seems to wait a while to see what formations the teams use with their new transfers so they can add those to the update too.

I'm sure that's it. They have Nasri on the bench for Arsenal...

sneaky77

oh god.. it sounds like they made him even more unstoppable because he cost that much money.. shit.. I wish there was a way to say only 4 star teams or less in quick ranked.

jlevel13

sneaky77 said:
oh god.. it sounds like they made him even more unstoppable because he cost that much money.. shit.. I wish there was a way to say only 4 star teams or less in quick ranked.

I don't understand why they haven't adopted a playlist type format, something like head to head ANY / international / 5 star / 4 star / 3 star / 2 star / 1 star - to take better advantage of all the content built into the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
serious; or like an option to pick a team and get a team within a half star of you or even a star of you

not that i play ranked anymore but still

Tf53

Isn't Chelsea Rutter's favorite team? Fortunately, you don't have to play anyone using Chelsea.

I'm having a rough break at the moment. I'm playing really well, but finishing like shit. I've outplayed my opponent in 5 games in the past couple of days and lost 4 of them. Oh well, it'll turn around sooner or later. At least I'm still over 3400 points.

Arnie

I play both Fifa and PES, and the problem I have with Fifa is that the players pass the ball too slow. Fifa 10 was fine, but for some reason players in Fifa 11 are incapable of spraying balls at a normal speed, especially through balls which seem to have been artificially slowed down instead of properly balancing them. Not only that but many goals in Fifa feel the same, I rarely get the sense of scoring a unique goal like I do in PES.

Oh and the defensive AI is an absolute abomination, that would be my number one priority in Fifa 12.

Theoris

Neo Member
Does anyone have a peculiar problem when outputting a resolution higher than 1280x720 via VGA on the 360 resulting in 'sluggish' gameplay on Fifa? Makes world class suddenly quite tricky.

I fear my 360's deathbell tolls..

sneaky77

Arnie said:
I play both Fifa and PES, and the problem I have with Fifa is that the players pass the ball too slow. Fifa 10 was fine, but for some reason players in Fifa 11 are incapable of spraying balls at a normal speed, especially through balls which seem to have been artificially slowed down instead of properly balancing them. Not only that but many goals in Fifa feel the same, I rarely get the sense of scoring a unique goal like I do in PES.

Oh and the defensive AI is an absolute abomination, that would be my number one priority in Fifa 12.

I feel like the passing in fifa is way superior to PES, and I score plenty of different goals using build up play.. I guess it plays however u want to play, if you want to be a cheeser and do the same thing over and over.. u could, but that's boring. But I can do that in pes too.

Tf53

Yep, that does it. I'm done playing ranked matches against people with "guests". Although it might inconvenience me during matchmaking, it'll save me from a lot of BS in the long run.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I found out recently that a guy in my office is the brother of the FIFA producer :lol So out of the blue. Apparently he gets a lot of twitter messages telling him FIFA sucks and his brother should improve it etc!

AC!D

Trying to start up a friends league for me and my buddies, I get the message that my gamer profile does not have the correct permissions for this feature. Anyone know what you have to do to get this to work?

Cheers

Tf53

Apparently I'm at the point where I lose only to shit players. If my opponent is competent, we have a good game and I nudge ahead most of the time. Against shit players, it's either a thrashing or a game where I couldn't finish my dinner and the other guy gets a lucky goal and runs with it.

It's surprising how big the differences in skill are even at around 3500 points.

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
Apparently I'm at the point where I lose only to shit players. If my opponent is competent, we have a good game and I nudge ahead most of the time. Against shit players, it's either a thrashing or a game where I couldn't finish my dinner and the other guy gets a lucky goal and runs with it.

It's surprising how big the differences in skill are even at around 3500 points.

a lot of cheesers out there unfortunately..

Tf53 said:

Happens quite a bit when you're punishing a guy on his goal for large chunks of time, only to have him break away and score a lucky counter. Depressing.

Tf53

sneaky77 said:
a lot of cheesers out there unfortunately..
It's baffling to see some people who can't do anything except hold A and play long balls with 3600 points or more. WC2010 got a lot better after you hit Division 4, I'm hoping that I can pull through this swamp and it'll get better around 4000 points.

sneaky77

Tf53 said:
It's baffling to see some people who can't do anything except hold A and play long balls with 3600 points or more. WC2010 got a lot better after you hit Division 4, I'm hoping that I can pull through this swamp and it'll get better around 4000 points.

yeah defend with 7-8 and just long balls to the 2 strikers on the other side of the field

WJD

Tf53 said:

At least I'm not the only one. Can't defend against counters for shit.

Tf53

WJD said:
At least I'm not the only one. Can't defend against counters for shit.
The easiest way to defend against them is to prevent them from happening in the first place. In regular play, placing your defense quite deep is a good start, but minimizing stupid possession changes is vital. Especially against tight defenses, the key is to patiently pick them apart. As long as you have the ball, the other side can't score.

illeaturfamily

Neo Member
jlevel13 said:
I don't understand why they haven't adopted a playlist type format, something like head to head ANY / international / 5 star / 4 star / 3 star / 2 star / 1 star - to take better advantage of all the content built into the game.

I agree. Barca/Real matches get old pretty quick. And then you have the wankers that won't use anyone but Spain in an int'l friendly...

illeaturfamily

Neo Member
jlevel13 said:

I agree. Barca/Real matches get old pretty quick. And then you have the wankers that won't use anyone but Spain in an int'l friendly...

Meier

So I started playing the other day.. still get a little annoyed at the camera system in these games and how it affects your shot but oh well. My biggest issue is the difficulty in gauging free kicks and how long you should hold B... it seems like such a crap shoot.

I got it from GameFly so no manual -- ridiculous how many buttons you need to hit to do most everything yet the controller diagram in the game mentions nothing of it! I couldn't believe it when I googled and found out there's about 6000 things you can do.

I've got my Virtual Pro up to an 80.. can score somewhat easily on Semi-Pro now so I will likely up the difficulty again soon. I got two hat tricks in a row playing for the Chicago Fire. Initially I put my guy on Man City and I could dominate on Amateur but anything higher was about impossible due to the skill difference (little ol 73 me versus the quality EPL defenders).

BIGGEST pet peeve is how annoying the computer is about finishing opportunities. How in the world can you get any assists when they either don't shoot or just flat out miss 9/10 chances? It's baffling..

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
you should join us in the gaf club (thread in the community forum). haven't played as much the past week or so b/c of schedules but we are usually good for 3-5 nights a week

Meier

AstroLad said:
you should join us in the gaf club (thread in the community forum). haven't played as much the past week or so b/c of schedules but we are usually good for 3-5 nights a week
I haven't ever played FIFA online.. how does the club work? Can you have a human playing every position on the pitch or is there a cap on number of guys online at once? Either way, it's rented so I didn't get the online code although I am considering using the keep it option so I think I'd get it then with the manual. It'd be nice to play with people who could actually finish!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ahh crap somehow missed that.

yeah it's basically you can play 11 v 11. you use your pro and have a club -- ours is ramen united. you can play with as little as 2. the rest of the players are filled in by crappy generic players. it's a lot of fun actually

Meier

Damn, FIFA is still $43.00 even after how many months? You're killing me GF.. maybe it'd be worth just buying the online code.. hmm.

Messi

Meier said:
Damn, FIFA is still $43.00 even after how many months? You're killing me GF.. maybe it'd be worth just buying the online code.. hmm.

Fifa is great at keeping its high pricepoint for 90% of the year. Football is like clockwork. game will get cheaper in the mid summer when the season ends and a new one is about to be announced. Such is life.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Messi said:
Fifa is great at keeping its high pricepoint for 90% of the year. Football is like clockwork. game will get cheaper in the mid summer when the season ends and a new one is about to be announced. Such is life.
so true. i know this b/c my brother gets annoyed at the game, sells it, and then is later shocked months later when the used price is still high

iNvid02

Meier said:
Quick q, what do the credits do? I am at nearly 60,000 apparently but have no idea what to do with them.

i think you use em to buy lame avatar stuff, i have 200,000 next to my name which has built up from previous fifas

rinse82

I'm still pretty addicted to this game after all these months; for all it's flaws, I always enjoy sitting in front of my TV and playing 3-4 mini sessions of FIFA 11 online.

It does get tiresome playing Barca/Real every game though.

sneaky77

rinse82 said:
I'm still pretty addicted to this game after all these months; for all it's flaws, I always enjoy sitting in front of my TV and playing 3-4 mini sessions of FIFA 11 online.

It does get tiresome playing Barca/Real every game though.

I cant remember the last time I played Barca is 90% RM, the rest divided between Chelsea, Man Utd, Inter Milan.. and 1% someone will use a 4 star team cause they see me with a 4 star team as default.

Top Bottom