• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

k0ji-wd

Meus Renaissance said:
A fucking joke. I remember he promised to add the ability to export our videos in HD. That was cut. And now this? What's the point of it then?

I know man, that's some cold shit. I remember from Gamescom people were like 'u can save as many as u want, it's awesome!##$!@@!!'

I may have to send you cash monies and have you buy me one :lol

USF

Meus Renaissance said:
A fucking joke. I remember he promised to add the ability to export our videos in HD. That was cut. And now this? What's the point of it then?
U MAD?

rinse82

thauoftkidd said:
any word on a neogaf league?

This.

I'm trying to set up a Champions League on PS3 on OS but no one seems to be interested. Hoping that once it hits full release people get more into it.

agaru

EA, why the fuck did you remove the option to turn auto-save off?? This helped a lot in previous games because it reduced the lag that occurs when navigating menus (yeah menus are still unresponsive). Really disappointed to see this option gone. The game now saves every single change I make, which makes this even more disappointing.

The game feels and looks more polished than the demo. Lots of little issues are fixed, and the CPU is actually very good in performing penalty kicks, unlike the demo.

Pro Passing (on assisted controls): the only effect of this feature is the speed of your pass in regard to how much power you give it. I'm saying this because I'm noticing that in the full game it seems they give the pass direction even more assist. Players pass the ball accurately with very minimal effort taken on the direction you point to. In the demo, I think it took more effort to aim. I hope I'm not hallucinating here, someone who played the demo extensively and have the game can back me up...

The game plays like a dream on full manual. <3

I had to download a 35mb update (v1.01). Dunno what's that for. (PS3)

Hopefully will have more time to play tomorrow and see what's this bitch up to. Loving it so far.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm up for any PS3 league.
I created a small google spreadsheet (because that seems to be the lowest maintenance thing of doing things) just to gauge whether or not it's worth doing a league for PS3. (Edit: also 360)

I hope it will be that we're able to do a league for PS3 Euro-GAF as I don't want to lag up the place in a global league.

PS3 Player overview
PS3 Sign-up form

360 Player overview
360 Sign-up form

And if everything fails it can still be used for gaffers to find people from their region and/or time zone to play against.

(Edit: Created one for 360 as well.)

agaru

OK, couldn't resist and went back to have a few more games.. :lol Seriously, I love this!! Goalkeepers are a noticeable improvement. Their positioning, their reflexes, and the new added animations of saves and dives, damn do they look real? :D The new 360 degrees jostling feature makes fighting for possession fun and resulting in different unscripted and interesting outcomes. Man, tons of hours will be wasted on this game. TONS. :D

@bandresen: awesome man. I'll sign up tomorrow. (PS3 club/legue)

moai

i'm having trouble right now with the online pass code. i've tried everything and it still comes as an "invalid code" 360 version. anyone else with the same problem?

Messi

Heres an odd question for those of you with the full game, do barcelona and man united have 3rd kits if so what ones are they :)

thanks

Messi

DominoKid said:
both of them should be their aways from last season...

Yeah I see the orange/mango/pinkish barca kit on one of the demo screens actually. was just curious due to the lack of them in the demo.

Kinda intrested in the united one because they changed sponsers and have not used a 3rd kit this season yet.

DEM0NWOLF

when i enter the EA online pass i get an invalid error message WTF :(

5031784698_10bf1c2cf7_z.jpg

agaru

Regarding the error of online pass code, I'm on PS3 but I can say that the region of the disc MUST match the region of the account you're redeeming the code with. For example, if the game region is NA and your account is European it will not accept the code. Not sure if this goes down to per country since in Europe for example there are several versions of the game, so maybe the country should match too? Also, you can play online with any user account on your console and not necessarily the one you've redeemed the code with.

btw, I take back what I said regarding Pro Passing on assisted. After playing more games (with 3/4/5* teams), I think the amount of direction assist is almost similar to the demo's.

Messi said:
Heres an odd question for those of you with the full game, do barcelona and man united have 3rd kits if so what ones are they :)

thanks
Yes. Actually, lots of teams have three kits.

Barca: bright orange.
ManU: all black with a blue v-shaped strip on the chest area. Sponsored by AON.

Patriots7

What have they done to my FIFA?!?!??

Passing is gone to shit now. Now the emphasis is mostly on dribbling (which I'm horrible at :( )

Hixx

Heads up UK-GAF. Rumours are appearing that ASDA will be selling this for £23 on release day as to undercut Morrison's £27 price. Don't cancel pre-orders yet but if its true it should be confirmed tomorrow.

The Wal-mart on my ride home from work didn't have any on the shelf, but I found a nice lady who happened to have a box full of the game right next to her. After a post-work/pre-game blunt, a buddy and I dove in. 2 hours later.. I realize I have to be up on 6 hours and we quit when that game finished.

Seems like everything's improved from 10, namely the crosses. I served up a couple of ridiculous goals from the wing tonight and I'm loving it. I was down 3-1 in the 80th and went all out attack. Got a corner and here comes Van der Sar sprinting into the box in his new royal kit(shit's baller, wait until you see it). A well placed ball outside the box leads to a pass right to Edwin's chest and down to his swinging foot into the back of the net. +10 Gamerscore ;D

I saved the replay but with no internet connection yet I can't upload, but hopefully we'll be connected sometime this week.

Spruchy

Either this game is a lot harder or my friends and I are rusty, got our arses handed to us on professional tonight.

Messi

agaru said:
Yes. Actually, lots of teams have three kits.

Barca: bright orange.
ManU: all black with a blue v-shaped strip on the chest area. Sponsored by AON.

Thanks for checking

rvy

Banned
I hope a big focus next year is creating classic teams. It would be awesome to play as fully licensed 70's Ajax, 60's Benfica/Barcelona/Real Madrid, 80's Argentina, 90's France/Brazil. Classic XI and World XI doesn't cut it anymore.

Come on, EA...

Miroslav

Im in for a league or occasional matches (ps3), im a quite a noob though so keep in mind. How does the leagues work, do you have to add other players as friends and the game prompts you when both are online or what?

Slizz

Going in to class to take a test and riding straight to Best Buy. Will probably play this all day and neglect the rest the school work I might have.

agaru

Update regarding the online pass code errors:

PWride said:
Hi All,

For those in the US that have bought the game today and had trouble redeeming your Online Pass code I would suggest waiting until tomorrow. Tuesday is the weekly maintenance day for EA Online Services and this may be one of the services being updated at the moment.

You have a 7 day free trial you can utilise to start playing online and when you boot the game up tomorrow it will once again ask you to enter your Online Pass Code.

Thanks

I'm picking this up after work today and I am all ready to play the hell out of it and then GOG goes and releases Planescape Torment on the same day and now I have a strange dilemma. Sometimes life isn't fair in great ways.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Has anything surfaced that distinguishes the PS3 or X360 version from one another as far as performance online or off?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Getting this today. Gonna try to get home early. Played a kajillion hours of 09 (what did we have like three leagues for that?), kind of bailed on 10, and then another kajillion hours of WC (presentation and smart online features like Online WC and even the ranked league-table system are underrated. Excited to get back into the swing.

Down for a 360 league. Haven't read back through the thread but I'm pretty sure sneaky is putting something together. I just don't want to have to be the one to have to bug people to play their games every week so I'll let someone else have that honor this year. :p

This is the first Football game I plan to get on release day. Already have my order paid in full. I'll be playing a Man U and Toronto FC Franchise. :D

Amneisac

I, like most of my fellow countrymen, don't really know a lot about soccer (does that give it away?), but I can recognize a good sports game when I see one. None of my friends will buy NHL 11, so FIFA 11 it is!

I played a lot of FIFA 10 and really enjoyed the Be A Pro features, I personally enjoy playing the whole match as only one player, it's a lot easier, too, since I've never watched a non-WC match in my life (and even then I've probably watched a total of about 30 minutes).

I also really like playing online matches with a few friends where we all have specific positions that we play the whole time. I've heard that you can play online against the CPU? I think that'd be fun for me and my friends since we're still pretty novice at this whole "football" thing.

SumGamer

I have activation code problem as well. I'm on PS3.
I have HK PS3 and using US PSN ID to play game, the game greeted me with different region store and wont allow me to activate redeem the code.

Even when I switch to my HK ID, the game still wouldn't allow me to redeem the code, any idea?

Facism

HixxSAFC said:
Heads up UK-GAF. Rumours are appearing that ASDA will be selling this for £23 on release day as to undercut Morrison's £27 price. Don't cancel pre-orders yet but if its true it should be confirmed tomorrow.

Midnight launch as well? Hope so, let us know, mate :)

agaru

Had my first online matches earlier and I gotta say that it feels and plays a lot different from FIFA 10's online. Pro Passing and the slower pace are really working. The improved stamina/fatigue model although is noticeable, it still needs to have more evident effect to counter the all-90min-high pressure/aggression gamers (who are quite many online).

SumGamer said:
I have activation code problem as well. I'm on PS3.
I have HK PS3 and using US PSN ID to play game, the game greeted me with different region store and wont allow me to activate redeem the code.

Even when I switch to my HK ID, the game still wouldn't allow me to redeem the code, any idea?
Just use the 7-day free trial for now, and by tomorrow this issue should be fixed (see EA's update in my previous post).

Game is sitting at my house right now...only four hours of work, class for two hours
Contract Law. Kill me now.
. Then poopsocking some FIFA. Anyone who wants to play a game or five on 360, feel free to friend me/send me a message. GT in profile.

Nyx

deadnoob said:
My activation code says it has already been used... Hopefully this issue will be cleared up in 7-days.

Same here, EA Customer Support said it should work on releasedate. (30th here in The Netherlands)

Really like the way physical duels are handled now, high passes are a lot more fun now due to all the things happening between the receiver and the defender(s).

SumGamer

agaru said:
Had my first online matches earlier and I gotta say that it feels and plays a lot different from FIFA 10's online. Pro Passing and the slower pace are really working. The improved stamina/fatigue model although is noticeable, it still needs to have more evident effect to counter the all-90min-high pressure/aggression gamers (who are quite many online).

Just use the 7-day free trial for now, and by tomorrow this issue should be fixed (see EA's update in my previous post).

Thank you, did that already :)

Played with a friend for two games and we both hate the time limit when making change to the line-up before the game start :(

T Ghost

What is this "activation code" that you guys are talking about?

EDIT: Forget about it. Already found what is this code for.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SumGamer said:
Thank you, did that already :)

Played with a friend for two games and we both hate the time limit when making change to the line-up before the game start :(
Always hated that. Seems like such a simple fix for there to just be no time limits in friendly matches. Or at least make it an option. But then again this is the series that doesn't let you choose weather, extra-time type, etc. etc. etc. for online.

Dre3001

I heard that not all the transfers are included in the game and was wondering if anyone with the game can confirm this??

If this is true when can an update be expected with all the transfers in for all the teams??

confuziz

Banned
Nyx said:
Same here, EA Customer Support said it should work on releasedate. (30th here in The Netherlands)

Really like the way physical duels are handled now, high passes are a lot more fun now due to all the things happening between the receiver and the defender(s).

So how can you have it already ? :D

DominoKid

this shit's fuckin hard. granted i'm starting out on Legendary. i'm leaking goals but at least i'm still scoring at the same clip as 10/WC so i'm still winning. :lol

scored a sweet grasscutter from 25ish out w/ Kaka. cant shoot for shit w/ Ronaldo yet though. theres just so much swerve and dip on his shots now.

Top Bottom