• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Messi

Anyone know if z.hernadez got a player model or is he just a generic fifa model. Same with pedro and busquets on barca. In the demo they didnt have there own models, was kinda hoping they would get ones. Especially pedro.

Get'sMad

I'm going to see if my Gamestop has this shit after work today. Can't wait.

I'll probably play offline for the first couple days to get the feel of it then hop online FOREVER.

Slizz

2j4woyq.jpg

Haven't touched single player yet, only been doing online. Lost my first 2 games by 2 goals(both games 1 goal each was due to my impatience on the goalie putting the ball in play) then I played a dude who managed to score 5 goals against me with Torres of Liverpool which was fucking annoying. Finally won my first game on the 4th try. 3-0 with OL, Bastos had 3 goals.

Overall thoughts; I fucking love this game. Defense is much tougher to score on and passing is crucial, counters are more efficient and so is your goalie kicking it far up to the striker after an opposing teams attack. I do have problems still with players interacting with each other. Sometimes when there is a loose ball and my teammate is right next to it, but it won't let me switch to him instead the last guy who touched it is running after it. Also they still collide into each other a lil on defensive tries.

EDIT: Tell me when and where to sign up for 360 league. Don't care what * ratings we play with.

sneaky77

Slizz said:
. I do have problems still with players interacting with each other. Sometimes when there is a loose ball and my teammate is right next to it, but it won't let me switch to him instead the last guy who touched it is running after it..

Does that happen even if you try switching players with the right stick

adelante

Game's a farking blast....just started CM and won my first friendly playing as Leeds on WorldClass. Love the new physical interactions and improved headers :D

DominoKid said:
this shit's fuckin hard. granted i'm starting out on Legendary. i'm leaking goals but at least i'm still scoring at the same clip as 10/WC so i'm still winning. :lol

scored a sweet grasscutter from 25ish out w/ Kaka. cant shoot for shit w/ Ronaldo yet though. theres just so much swerve and dip on his shots now.

Legendary isn't really legendary with Real Madrid. And Ronaldo and Kaka are easy to shoot from distance with, it's just getting shots off from the edge on the box that's the the hard part. Most of the time it's more effective to play a through ball to a striker than go for a 30-yarder

rvy

Banned
Is the final game much better than the demo? There's a lot of things that irk me after so many matches.

rvy said:
Another one for the bargain bin.

FIFA games do a surprisingly good job of staying out of the bargain bin during the year that they are out. I was looking for a copy of FIFA 10 back in June and everywhere was still selling it for $59.99/$69.99.

Tf53

rvy said:
Is the final game much better than the demo? There's a lot of things that irk me after so many matches.
I heard that the online portion is much better in the final version. Can't say for sure until I get the game, though.

God damn you muthafuckas who already have it, I'm expecting it straight from EA and it still isn't here

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah FIFA is almost insanely bargain-bin proof. first-week deals will be the best you'll get for sometimes the entire run

rvy

Banned
DoctorWho said:
FIFA games do a surprisingly good job of staying out of the bargain bin during the year that they are out. I was looking for a copy of FIFA 10 back in June and everywhere was still selling it for $59.99/$69.99.
Zavvi is already selling FIFA 11 for 40€, I'm hopeful it won't be too long until it reaches 20€.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
rvy said:
Zavvi is already selling FIFA 11 for 40€, I'm hopeful it won't be too long until it reaches 20€.
game always comes out at or around that price. then never drops much if at all. expensive as hell used too though maybe cheaper now that they're doing this code crap

My copy just arrived from Amazon. Not sure where I'll start tonight. Probably get my virtual pro going and play some friendlies against the AI. I never downloaded the demo, so I don't know what to expect.

Slizz

Man I dunno if you guys use Best Buy to get your games or not, but if you buy a game there and pay the $5.00 1yr replacement fee, you have yourself a game for a year and once you're done you go and trade in and put another $5 down for the 1 yr replacement. I bought Madden 2010 for 67 bucks with the replacement fee, then traded it in for WC2010 for $5, then I just walked in today and paid $5 for FIFA11.

DominoKid

Bungieware said:
Legendary isn't really legendary with Real Madrid. And Ronaldo and Kaka are easy to shoot from distance with, it's just getting shots off from the edge on the box that's the the hard part. Most of the time it's more effective to play a through ball to a striker than go for a 30-yarder

yeah but thats boring. if i played FIFA clinically it wouldnt be fun cause it'd be too easy. :lol

DominoKid said:
yeah but thats boring. if i played FIFA clinically it wouldnt be fun cause it'd be too easy. :lol

My best moments in FIFA have been from trying an impossible pass, like Xavi or Scholes do every week, and scoring.

Messi

A few Questions:

1) Now that you guys can play as lower rated teams, is there a big difference in skill level/passing of a 2 star team and say a 5 star team?

2) If anyone has tried starting manager mode does it feel better than last year?

3) If I want to play all the games in manager mode plus do all the transfers ect club stuff. do I play as , player. manager or player/manager? (this is prob obvious :lol )

4) How are you guys finding the online? winning many/ losing many, stories of using a low rated team to beat 5 star whorers?

Bonus Question :D :

1) My brother is wondering if berbatov (of man united) has the acrobat trait/ability

This being my first FIFA game in forever, I don't get how you select different players on the pitch. The right stick? I flick it to try and select the player closest to the ball but it doesn't seem to always work. Very frustrating.

So far, I suck at this game. Badly.

jlevel13

DoctorWho said:
This being my first FIFA game in forever, I don't get how you select different players on the pitch. The right stick? I flick it to try and select the player closest to the ball but it doesn't seem to always work. Very frustrating.

Tap the left bumper to have the game select the player it feels is closest to the ball.

Decado

Have they made a bit easier to change ages/stats? Every new FIFA I go in and change a bunch of players' ages so they're still useful in 5 years when I can afford them. Takes forever.

Lunchbox

Banned
did they add something like the online world cup like in southafrica in this? like a online champions league

gamefly just shipped mine, so i cant get it till thursday and ill only have 7 days to see if like this cause of ea's dumb shit. hated the demo. worldcup was fifa perfection for me

Brinbe

Jesus, I am in complete love with this game... Just amazing how great it is compared to FIFA 10 or even WC. Practically my SGOTY already, just pending how 2K11 is next week.

AstroLad said:
yeah FIFA is almost insanely bargain-bin proof. first-week deals will be the best you'll get for sometimes the entire run
I picked it up on Amazon during Black Friday last year for $30. I'm assuming I'll be able to do the same again this year. Very hard to justify buying a 3rd FIFA game within 365 days without getting it dirt cheap.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SnakeswithLasers said:
I picked it up on Amazon during Black Friday last year for $30. I'm assuming I'll be able to do the same again this year. Very hard to justify buying a 3rd FIFA game within 365 days without getting it dirt cheap.
i think it was $40 on a lot of preorders. usually like $20 gift card or something like that. i dunno i fucked up and forgot to preorder :lol

k0ji-wd

2zibq11.jpg

Ramen United Match Week One Brought To You By 'Anelka Burger'

11k9jic.jpg

'For that Unmistakable Douche Taste'

(Posting from the Club thread)

Get your afro, pink gloves, and green boots ready, because finally, a new season is about to begin!

So in the next day or two most of us should have the game. And with the weekend conveniently coming up, I thought it'd be appropriate to setup our first club 'match week'.

Here's how it's going to work. Once I get the game tomorrow morning, I will create the club and send invites to everybody signed up through the in-game messaging system, so don't check your XBL messages, but your 'EA Mail' by going into 'My Player Hub' in 'My FIFA Online.' I'll post to let everybody know when it's up.

I've scheduled 3 match days at the most convenient times for both the US and European based players on the weekend, but it's still impossible to mix US, European, and Asian timezones together, but hopefully it means everybody can make time to play. We'll also have a few days to work on our Virtual Pros before the first match day.

I'm going to assign captains for both US and Euro regions so that if I'm not around, the captains can start club matches themselves.

If you've signed up for the club, please try to make it to at least one for the match days. If you fail to show up, unless you're a GAF-FIFA veteran (but that's not an excuse! :lol ) you're out of the club.

So with that out of the way, here are the times (I'll be on Friday during the day anyway playing about.):

Match Day One:
US EST GMT+4 7:00PM Friday, 1st October
UK BST GMT+1 12:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 9:00AM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Two:
US EST GMT+4 5:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 10:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 7:00PM Saturday, 2nd October

Match Day Three:
US EST GMT+4 9:00PM Friday, 2nd October
UK BST GMT+1 2:00AM Saturday, 2nd October
Australia EST GMT+10 11:00AM Saturday, 3rd October

CURRENT LINEUPS:
2pzfv3t.jpg

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
AstroLad said:
i think it was $40 on a lot of preorders. usually like $20 gift card or something like that. i dunno i fucked up and forgot to preorder :lol

Yeah i think i picked FIFA 10 up for 35 dollars in like Dec./Jan. of last year. Best Buy had it for 45 and i had a 10 dollar gift card. Still not "bargain bin" prices but i felt the wait was worth it.

ElyrionX

Had a couple of online games last night. Feels decent but I was lagging really badly so it was hard to tell. I'm not sure if it's the netcode or my connection though I realized afterwards that I forgot to turn off my pc and it was torrenting some stuff so that might have been it.

Messi said:
A few Questions:

1) Now that you guys can play as lower rated teams, is there a big difference in skill level/passing of a 2 star team and say a 5 star team?

2) If anyone has tried starting manager mode does it feel better than last year?

3) If I want to play all the games in manager mode plus do all the transfers ect club stuff. do I play as , player. manager or player/manager? (this is prob obvious :lol )

4) How are you guys finding the online? winning many/ losing many, stories of using a low rated team to beat 5 star whorers?

Bonus Question :D :

1) My brother is wondering if berbatov (of man united) has the acrobat trait/ability

You need to play as Manager. I tried it last night and it is greatly improved from 10. The interface is a lot better and the transfer system is a huge improvement from before. If you start as a big club, you can actually sign some big names right from the start. It's also a lot clearer now why you're failing negotiations. All in all, a huge step up from what I thought was one of the biggest flaws in Manager Mode in 10.

I did notice a couple of issues though. First of all, the interface for finding players is just downright bad. You need to have very specific criterias in mind since the search will return only 50 players max for any search. I couldn't find Aguero until I narrowed my search to finding strikers above 80 in Spain. Merely searching for strikers above 80 won't make him show up. It's quite retarded really.

The other thing has to do with the autosaves. The game automatically overwrites your most recent Career Mode save every single time something significant happens. For example, i saved my game and wanted to try signing Kaka to test the transfer system. I got him in the end but overpaid for him so i went back to reload my save and found that the game had overwritten it and I couldn't reverse the Kaka purchase. Its stupid and you can't turn off the autosave and the only way to circumvent it is to make sure you maintain multiple save files and save in a different slot each time.

k0ji-wd

ElyrionX said:
Had a couple of online games last night. Feels decent but I was lagging really badly so it was hard to tell. I'm not sure if it's the netcode or my connection though I realized afterwards that I forgot to turn off my pc and it was torrenting some stuff so that might have been it.

You need to play as Manager. I tried it last night and it is greatly improved from 10. The interface is a lot better and the transfer system is a huge improvement from before. If you start as a big club, you can actually sign some big names right from the start. It's also a lot clearer now why you're failing negotiations. All in all, a huge step up from what I thought was one of the biggest flaws in Manager Mode in 10.

I did notice a couple of issues though. First of all, the interface for finding players is just downright bad. You need to have very specific criterias in mind since the search will return only 50 players max for any search. I couldn't find Aguero until I narrowed my search to finding strikers above 80 in Spain. Merely searching for strikers above 80 won't make him show up. It's quite retarded really.

The other thing has to do with the autosaves. The game automatically overwrites your most recent Career Mode save every single time something significant happens. For example, i saved my game and wanted to try signing Kaka to test the transfer system. I got him in the end but overpaid or him so i went back to reload my save and found that te game had overwritten it and I couldn't reverse the Kaka purchase. Its stupid and you can't turn off the autosave and the only way to circumvent it is to make sure you

Shouldn't it be in My FIFA 11 -> Profiles -> Turn Auto Save off?

And can't you search for players in career mode?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Kaka is crying after AS rates him a 4 again, some Carling Cup guy for Arsenal, and Landon in his Miss America kit. What a cover.

Top Bottom