• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online Clubs (Xbox 360)

TheCrow

Menelaus said:
Looks like East is up to 53 games this season, while West is at 32. Good job picking up the pace, guys.
Had my first hat trick yesterday, it was one of the only times I was able to score off of headers.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Menelaus said:
They've made no bones about putting FUT and H2H as the only things they care about. I'm not holding out any hope.

Don't sell it back yet, I'm doing my best!

QVT

Update: They're patching the clubs AI to pro. This is why I asked if the rubber band speed is in pro you guys! Go figure it out for me so I can either continue complaining about it or drop it with the pro AI patch!

sneaky77

QVT said:
Update: They're patching the clubs AI to pro. This is why I asked if the rubber band speed is in pro you guys! Go figure it out for me so I can either continue complaining about it or drop it with the pro AI patch!

are they patching the AI on head to head too? Although they probably should leave the goalie AI as is, they already make enough mistakes.

QVT

sneaky77 said:
are they patching the AI on head to head too? Although they probably should leave the goalie AI as is, they already make enough mistakes.

I don't talk to the H2H guys and don't play it, sorry. But I could really use some info! Is rubber banding the same on pro as world class?

sneaky77

QVT said:
I don't talk to the H2H guys and don't play it, sorry. But I could really use some info! Is rubber banding the same on pro as world class?

You may want to post it on the other thread, I don't play single player lol

Menelaus

Banned
QVT said:
I'll play against a shit team tonight and find out.

ijm72

QVT said:
YesJackNicholson.gif

As far as I can remember the rubberbanding is nowhere near the same on pro compared to world class . From what I can remember on pro the rubberbanding is similar to last year. I mean you can kind of tell its there sometimes but its nowhere near as bad as how its on world class right now. I guess I will double check later on.

Menelaus

Banned
Well, it's kind of hard to tell without having another player pressing as hard as they can (like playing against an any) but on Pro, I'm able to double tab and single tap the ball ahead and actually jostle against the AI (and beat them).

I think changing to Pro would go a long ways.

edit: i'm also feeling masochistic, so i guess i'll club if anyone gets on

edit 2: that's no pass, that's a double tap forward. notice how it works.

QVT

I'll believe it when I see it, but I just got word that the camera glitch should be fixed in the first patch. I've heard that before, but this could be it, guys.

Sent in hov's rubber banding explanation, so thanks for that, hov!

sneaky77

I don't know what's worst, the rubber banding, or if they lower to pro we will need to deal with the glitched pro's and the tiny ultrafast forwards again

QVT

sneaky77 said:
I don't know what's worst, the rubber banding, or if they lower to pro we will need to deal with the glitched pro's and the tiny ultrafast forwards again

They increased the speed and ability of the generics to deal with the fast forwards.

The glitched pros, I don't know. They seem to care about doing things wrong in the game, but not about that.

This is a huge fucking victory though, fixing the camera is massive.

Menelaus

Banned
To be fair, we shouldn't use the term "rubber banding" in relation to this issue (yes, i know that's what we've all been calling it since the beginning of time). To the devs, rubber banding is when, if you gain a lead, the AI becomes superhuman to catch up.

A little more about getting around defenders on pro: the defenders still catch up to the streaking player, but they suck at getting the ball out and are jockey-able. I guess that's an improvement?

The glitched pros, I don't know. They seem to care about doing things wrong in the game, but not about that.
They need to store the VPs on their server and not locally, that would solve the issue instantly.

QVT

Menelaus said:
They need to store the VPs on their server and not locally, that would solve the issue instantly.

That's the kind of thing where I mention it and he just says "13" but of course last year the answer was "12" :p

Welp, MS has to escalate the investigation into the hacking on my account, so I'm out of commission for the next "22-28 working days." My gamertag will probably be offline until around Thanksgiving. No clubs for me in the meantime. My VP got erased, too. Joy.

Catch you guys in a few months.

sneaky77

Cornballer said:
Welp, MS has to escalate the investigation into the hacking on my account, so I'm out of commission for the next "22-28 working days." My gamertag will probably be offline until around Thanksgiving. No clubs for me in the meantime. My VP got erased, too. Joy.

That's ridiculous that they dont have a better way to deal with that stuff

QVT

Cornballer said:

Just ridiculous.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Why are they downscaling the pro AI to be pro rather than world class?

I like that it's a challenge... and when my pro is a badass it'll be even easier.

Menelaus

Banned
kaizoku said:
Why are they downscaling the pro AI to be pro rather than world class?

I like that it's a challenge... and when my pro is a badass it'll be even easier.
Because the insane acceleration and jockeying by shit generic players is directly tied to world class difficulty.

kaizoku

Menelaus said:
Because the insane acceleration and jockeying by shit generic players is directly tied to world class difficulty.
So they're dumbing it down?

Isn't top rated pros making mince meat of helpless AI players one of the biggest problems? They need to put up a fight!

Also hands a huge advantage back to anyone who uses ANY vs teams who don't ie purist teams like mine.

kaizoku said:
So they're dumbing it down?

Isn't top rated pros making mince meat of helpless AI players one of the biggest problems? They need to put up a fight!

Also hands a huge advantage back to anyone who uses ANY vs teams who don't ie purist teams like mine.

We don't use an ANY because the AI is currently set to World Class. We also hate needing to do that because we have little control on what the AI does. Make your 'purist' claims all you want but there is nothing pure about being handicapped because you can't control all of your team. Sure, you can call for the ball. But you can't control the kind of pass. You can't control the runs they make, or the positioning they make. Just because you needlessly choose to make the game more difficult doesn't make your team a more pure team.

I can't even believe you would support a game philosophy where they allow the AI to cheat in order to make the game more challenging.

Menelaus said:
My fingers tremble with anticipation of being ANY again and taking control of the retarded back line.

If/When we do go back to needing an ANY, we really are going to need to train some others to play that.

Menelaus said:
What are you trying to say :|

That you've admitted to playing ANY being much more exhausting this year than last year. And to help ease the burden that places on your shoulders, having a second or third option would be bountiful. Additionally, that gives you the option of playing 'out' sometimes when you feel that urge. Last year you didn't have that option.

You know you get lots of <3s

kaizoku

Awesome Animals said:
We don't use an ANY because the AI is currently set to World Class. We also hate needing to do that because we have little control on what the AI does. Make your 'purist' claims all you want but there is nothing pure about being handicapped because you can't control all of your team. Sure, you can call for the ball. But you can't control the kind of pass. You can't control the runs they make, or the positioning they make. Just because you needlessly choose to make the game more difficult doesn't make your team a more pure team.

I can't even believe you would support a game philosophy where they allow the AI to cheat in order to make the game more challenging.
So the players sometimes get a fake speed boost, doesn't bother me since they're already so shit. I'm fed up of them being complete idiots, it ruins the game for me. I prefer to earn my goals by playing good football rather than jut being faster and stronger than the default players that some poor ANY is trying to control because the AI sucks.

As for being pure, the mode is about YOUR pro. How good he is, how well you use him, how well you play your position, how well you interact with your team mates, making yourself available, making the right runs, passing well etc.

If you have an ANY then you might as well be playing another mode as far as I'm concerned.

The ONLY reason to play as ANY was because the AI was so stupid that you couldn't bear it. Even then if you all played well and used the AI intelligently they were capable of playing ok. Kinda like real football. Your team might have weak players but if you band together, use them in the right way and help them play it can all work out. It's part of the challenge. You could call for passes and throughballs, which translate accordingly depending on where you were and what direction you were running - what more do you need?

Now in FIFA 12 they're a good solid addition. You never need to tell them to pass to you anymore. If you make the right run or take up a good position they will pass to you. That's brilliant! They rarely do idiotic things now unless you screw them up by asking for it in a bad spot.

I have no idea why you'd want them to be shit players that forces one of you to stop playing as his pro and have to control a bunch of mediocre players. Just sounds ludicrous. It's not like the rest of you have control over what the ANY does so how is that argument even valid.

Seriously hope the patch doesn't take away from the challenge.

sneaky77

kaizoku said:
So the players sometimes get a fake speed boost, doesn't bother me since they're already so shit. I'm fed up of them being complete idiots, it ruins the game for me. I prefer to earn my goals by playing good football rather than jut being faster and stronger than the default players that some poor ANY is trying to control because the AI sucks.

As for being pure, the mode is about YOUR pro. How good he is, how well you use him, how well you play your position, how well you interact with your team mates, making yourself available, making the right runs, passing well etc.

If you have an ANY then you might as well be playing another mode as far as I'm concerned.

The ONLY reason to play as ANY was because the AI was so stupid that you couldn't bear it. Even then if you all played well and used the AI intelligently they were capable of playing ok. Kinda like real football. Your team might have weak players but if you band together, use them in the right way and help them play it can all work out. It's part of the challenge. You could call for passes and throughballs, which translate accordingly depending on where you were and what direction you were running - what more do you need?

Now in FIFA 12 they're a good solid addition. You never need to tell them to pass to you anymore. If you make the right run or take up a good position they will pass to you. That's brilliant! They rarely do idiotic things now unless you screw them up by asking for it in a bad spot.

I have no idea why you'd want them to be shit players that forces one of you to stop playing as his pro and have to control a bunch of mediocre players. Just sounds ludicrous. It's not like the rest of you have control over what the ANY does so how is that argument even valid.

I like they are smarter, but if you make a perfect pass to be 1 on1 against the goalie, and your pro is fast enough, but they catch up anyway, then thats bs.

kaizoku said:

If you honestly think the AI is good, then I can't argue with you. You either haven't played enough clubs, or you play with 11 players every time. You haven't experienced a lobbed pass from 8 yards away when a ground pass is much better suited?

sneaky77

Awesome Animals said:
If you honestly think the AI is good, then I can't argue with you. You either haven't played enough clubs, or you play with 11 players every time. You haven't experienced a lobbed pass from 8 yards away when a ground pass is much better suited?

That drives me insane!

Top Bottom