• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Online is largely populated by glory-hunting dolts. That is all I have to say about that.

Also, is anyone else having trouble getting EAS FC to work? Losing access to content because it cannot connect (boots, pro boosts) is highly irritating.

Haven't been able to connect to EASCF in the last few hours, and Ultimate team was super laggy also. I missed out on one of my auctions because it was lagging really bad and wouldn't let me put a bid in

iFootball

Probably not going to play H2H or UT online anymore. I enjoy clubs more anyway and I'd rather not put up with the tryhard bullshit that goes on in the other two online game modes. Every fucking game is like 5-4-1 with RM/City, so depressing and NOT fun playstyle. LB+A, LB+Y nonstop for 90 minutes!
...So I guess you're also only picking tier-1 teams right?

Well this is bullshit. I was playing a FUT game last night and the EA servers must have went down during the game because after I finished I got logged out of the EA servers. So I get back on today and it says I disconnected from my last game and my DNF has gone down...wonderful.

Does DNF permanently reduce forever?

Linius

Had one afternoon of solid matchmaking and now it sucks again. Can't get in a damn seasons match, fix your shit EA.

Timbuktu

Also, is anyone else having trouble getting EAS FC to work? Losing access to content because it cannot connect (boots, pro boosts) is highly irritating.

I was able to play and the store seemed to work, but trading seems to get stuck on completing. Now hours later, Ultimate Team seems to have completing fallen apart. God knows whats going on at EA.

Bumhead

Banned
Well this is bullshit. I was playing a FUT game last night and the EA servers must have went down during the game because after I finished I got logged out of the EA servers. So I get back on today and it says I disconnected from my last game and my DNF has gone down...wonderful.

Does DNF permanently reduce forever?

Not sure about that, although I think losing contracts for FUT disconnects is a much bigger offence.

I lost 3 matches worth of contracts the other night through disconnects, which is quite a big deal when you're still working with your bronze squad and without the coinage to instantly replace players or buy new contract cards.

Ardenyal

8060207365_2c449340f2_z.jpg

Fixed itself when i went to the store... I was wishing the system would have been borked enough to spew free packs my way lol

JLG-

Is ultimate team buggy for anyone else? My auctions ended a long time ago but i can't relist them because it doesn't show up as expired.

Ardenyal

Is ultimate team buggy for anyone else? My auctions ended a long time ago but i can't relist them because it doesn't show up as expired.

Yeah, I lost 5k when the card I bought out just disappeared. Not in my trade pile, not on my watch list, not in club.

kvn

Online is largely populated by glory-hunting dolts. That is all I have to say about that.

Yes, all day long, can't connect to the EAS FC servers. FUT auction house is also laggy. The firewall-indicator for the seasons mode is also funny as it changes from red to green to yellow whenever it feels like although I didn't change a single thing in my network configuration.

Joates

Banned
Buggiest game i've played this gen... Constant freezing and failed connects. Shame cause the game is awesome otherwise wtf ea?

I'm not sure if FIFA 12 was this way on the 3DS, but back on the DS FIFA's transfers were always outdated each year. Lazy EA.

the 3DS version does have two free downloadable (kits and squads) updates.

Konami dont offer any updates for PES on 3DS which is BS.

Buggiest game i've played this gen... Constant freezing and failed connects. Shame cause the game is awesome otherwise wtf ea?

Every year since Fifa 09 the launch of the game is plague with that problems, is this the most popular sport game ever? Yes, and server know this as well... :)

I am playing offline career and online friendlies. 54 games played according to my profile. This is one of the best sports games I've ever played. I hope they sort out the rest of the online soon.

This game has single handedly turned me from a casual soccer fan to absolutely rabid.

Desaan

After we finished up our session last night I jumped back into career mode playing my virtual pro and this happened.....

9cf93a2591104730e00edfc1fffb7779d5f82cf2.jpg

I'm on loan at Notts County, apparently my performances there qualify me for the England team. Good job Mr. Hodgson, next month he'll be selecting Benson & Hedges and playing four four fucking two.

Robso

the 3DS version does have two free downloadable (kits and squads) updates.

Konami dont offer any updates for PES on 3DS which is BS.

Oh, I didn't know that. Good to see. Just a shame for those, like with PES 2013 having outdated transfers also, that don't have their consoles online.

03sho

Anyone recommend a good strike partner for Podolski on ultimate team. I have him at the moment partnered with Berbatov and its just not working. Need someone that'll cost max 20,000, fast, good finisher and can head. I was thinking Hernandez but worried about heading.

Anyone recommend a good strike partner for Podolski on ultimate team. I have him at the moment partnered with Berbatov and its just not working. Need someone that'll cost max 20,000, fast, good finisher and can head. I was thinking Hernandez but worried about heading.

Whats your playstyle, wings, pace, defensive, midfielders with insane passing?

03sho

Whats your playstyle, wings, pace, defensive, midfielders with insane passing?

I play a 4-1-2-1-2

---------Fellaini------
Valencia----The Ox
----------Yaya--------
---????-----Podolski

Might save up for tevez or Balo.

I mix it up with yaya bombing forward linking up with the strikers. I also use the wings a lot to cross the ball in a good heading attribute is useful

fenners

Quick question as I can't find a guide - in FUT, are training cards for players permanent attribute boosts, or for one game? For example, a +15 Passing card, or a +3 "all attribs" card.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2

---------Fellaini------
Valencia----The Ox
----------Yaya--------
---????-----Podolski

Might save up for tevez or Balo.

I mix it up with yaya bombing forward linking up with the strikers. I also use the wings a lot to cross the ball in a good heading attribute is useful

Adebayor should fit the bill but I think Torres would be best though. Giroud would be okay as well and would give you good chem with Podolski

Is there any way to change the name of my team in the ultimate team mode? I tried changing it in squad selector but it does apply throughout the mode.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
No. Chemistry is down to players "liking" the players adjacent to them (the lines between them on the squad screen). You want players of the same nationality or team adjacent to boost chemistry.

Thanks. Good I'm mainly using Colombian or Porto players

Not being entirely familiar with FUT, i made a team and bought a couple of guys off auction then proceeded to play an online season game. I just naively assumed it being my first game that i would be matched up against a fellow shitty team but end up against an entire gold team. The guy waxed me 12-0 while i had sat there listening to his awful Kinect Mic and watch every replay. Then to top it off we finish the match, it's in my record and recent activity as a 12-0 loss but the server janks and it somehow counts as a DNF in actual FUT. I'm sure this is probably a common first time experience but what an introduction to an uninitiated.

I know this is a basic question but I'm having a hard time winning headers.
Is it better to mash the shoot button or pass button to try and clear the ball or better with the pass button; or is it better to time a button press to win the ball.
If timing is the way to go, when is the right time to press the button and do you have to hold it before hand and then release it when you want, or press it a single time at the right moment (whenever that is).

Top Bottom