• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

adelante

I always get fouled and it is never called it pisses me off. Then I barely touch my opponent and sure enough it gets whistled.

Am I being punished for picking Barcelona?

The game does tend to penalize you if you keep pressing the push/pull button when you're pressing on a dribble, even if there's no tackle committed onscreen.

...So I guess you're also only picking tier-1 teams right?

More so this time than in FIFA 12. I tried to use my beloved Sounders as I did last year, but good god the first touch stuff has made it hard to enjoy. Everyone except for maybe Montero and Alonso have such TERRIBLE first touches that I can't get any buildup going. I know it's more realistic and lifelike to MLS games etc., but it makes it less fun to play.

That's why I decided to stick with teams/players that can control the ball on a 5 yard pass atleast. Which was my downfall, apparently. I guess I could just yell at the clouds, because complaining about asshole/tryhard players on XBL is the same thing.

Im about to quit seasons...I can't stand how unlucky i get. Just played Milan vs Chelsea and lost 5-2...stats ended Milan -18 shots 12 on target Chelsea 5 shots 5 on target. Every chance this person got, went in. 3 of them were crosses to Hazard. How does a 5'7 forward out jump my 6'4 centre back THREE times in one match..unreal. The crossing mechanic really pisses me off. Yeah i know Milan is not the greatest team in the game but i should still be able to win a darn header.

I'm wanting to change my formation from 4-4-2 to something like 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 maybe 4-3-3 what's your guys opinion on those? What do u use yourself?

Formations are a funny one, it depends what team you have and are you utilising the players at your disposal.

For instance if I were to make a Brazil team right now, as it's a cheaper option I'd go for 3 at the back the CB's are quick and you have pacey wingers and good defensive minded mids at your disposal. They do have excellent wing backs but the obvious ones are rather expensive currently.

Another thing to consider is play style if you have wingers with excellent crossing then don't use 5 f 8 strikers.

Lots of effective and affordable formations that haven't been price fixed as yet, trick is using it in the correct manor.

I use 433 with my RPL team, I was tempted to switch to a Brazil team but not for now.

Feature

Banned
Good tip to level your vp up:
- Make your VP a defender
- Go into a drop-in match with maximum 4 players
- make sure you go any
- always pass to your VP, dont care about the score and just start doing dribbles. This will piss other people off but whatever.
- if it's a 1v1, message the other guy asking to boost VP. If he doesn't want to, treaten to quit at 90th minute so he doesnt get his accomplishments for that game.

extra tip:
- every 2 levels you can buy a permanent boost for your VP in the EASFC (for example: +1 on all your passing attributes). They only cost 300 EA points which you'll easely get every 2 levels and if you have the 10k EASFC points bonus it's no biggy at all.

I got the dribbling 130 opponents in under 10 games.

If you're lucky you can team up with someone you know by going into drop in match at the same time. 1 guy go ANY , other guy go keeper on the other team and just let the guy who's any score for everywhere. This is easier if you have 4 people and you can create 2 clubs. It's easier to get matched up against eachother in clubs as their are less clubs and it's per division.

got my vp upto 50% in 2 days.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
- make sure you go any
- always pass to your VP, dont care about the score and just start doing dribbles. This will piss other people off but whatever.
- if it's a 1v1, message the other guy asking to boost VP. If he doesn't want to, treaten to quit at 90th minute so he doesnt get his accomplishments for that game.

extra tip:
- every 2 levels you can buy a permanent boost for your VP in the EASFC (for example: +1 on all your passing attributes). They only cost 300 EA points which you'll easely get every 2 levels and if you have the 10k EASFC points bonus it's no biggy at all.

If you're lucky you can team up with someone you know by going into drop in match at the same time. 1 guy go ANY , other guy go keeper on the other team and just let the guy who's any score for everywhere. This is easier if you have 4 people and you can create 2 clubs. It's easier to get matched up against eachother in clubs as their are less clubs and it's per division.

Omg guys like you are what's wrong with this game, that post makes me sick. What a loser. Play the game dude. Everything feels better when you earn it.

I bet you then go lording it over other teams with your top pros in the lower leagues against guys just starting out. Lame!

moai

- make sure you go any

extra tip:

i fucking hate morons that enter a game and keep passing the ball in their own corner, ruining the game for everyone. even their teammates start to tackle them. at least we get to report them.
why would you enter a game just to piss everybody is beyond me.

Omg guys like you are what's wrong with this game, that post makes me sick. What a loser. Play the game dude. Everything feels better when you earn it.

I bet you then go lording it over other teams with your top pros in the lower leagues against guys just starting out. Lame!

thank you.

kvn

- make sure you go any

extra tip:

You should fucking sell your game. What the fuck did I just read?

k0ji-wd

lol, holy shit. . .had no idea the 'Ai Se Tu Pego' celebration is an EASFC unlockable. . .it's called 'If I Catch You'. . .it's literal translation

6n0Aw.gif

yep, it's awesome if u trigger it amongst a group of players. . .7 players Ai se Tu Pego :D

I'm glad you explore this stuff because I never do. A guy scored with Balotelli against me last night and did the flex celebration. I was too busy reading a text to watch, but I caught the end of it. I just run to the end of the box and salute everytime currently. Now I'm going to be doing Ai se Tu Pego.

k0ji-wd

Avoid the surfer and pitbull celebration. . .they're shit

Ijust got to level 79. . .can't wait to get 80 to unlock Balotteli's celebration

k0ji-wd

Yeah, 'Why Always Me' lol

Don't think you can view the EASFC catalogue online. . .though someone's probably made a youtube video about it

Feature

Banned
LoL @ the people getting mad over my post. Blame EA and their stupid 'online pro only'. I hardly have the time to level up that stupid pro but I've competed on the highest level of clubs on FIFA10 & FIFA11. Now I'm playing again with the guys from back then and were moving up in divisions but coming across some big monsters that just smash you off the ball or catch you. And an even bigger laugh at the guy who said I would 'lord it over' teams with my SUPER pro that has 50% accomps unlocked. My team is in division 7 and most of the pros that we come up against are higher rated than mine.

I would never do that shit if I could offline level my pro. That's the only way to get close to someone who can sit behind his PS3 24/7.

Feature

Banned
you can level your pro offline. . .just play Career mode with them?

There is an offline and an online pro. They are completely separate. Only way to level up the online pro is drop in club matches or actual club seasons. Seeing as my team (or myself) aren't on 24/7 its impossible to level up my pro at a decent rate without doing the stuff I posted above.

k0ji-wd

Oh shit, really? I didn't realise. . .I was on level like Level 76 when I started playing clubs and it said I was level 76 in the clubs menu so I figured it was the same shit.

Feature

Banned
Oh shit, really? I didn't realise. . .I was on level like Level 76 when I started playing clubs and it said I was level 76 in the clubs menu so I figured it was the same shit.

That's your EASFC level. When I say 'leveling up your pro' I mean doing accomplishments and getting a better rating. You guys can rage about it all you want, I know it's just EA making me play this way because of the lame 'VP' stuff anyway. FIFA10 was the best with everyone just controlling same rated players, leveling the playing field. Then they brought out the VP and shit got messy with an epitome of hacked 8FT3 128% rated freak VPs in FIFA12. Now they pushed it to online only because of the hacking (VPs are now stored on the EA server) and now this takes place. I'm sorry for the casual clubs / drop in matches players, but I only play clubs and it's impossible to compete in the higher divisions with a 75 rated player against 90 rated ones.

k0ji-wd

No, I meant my VP was the same OVR rating when I started playing clubs. . .but I see what you're getting at, didn't realise you had separate VPs.

LoL @ the people getting mad over my post. Blame EA and their stupid 'online pro only'. I hardly have the time to level up that stupid pro but I've competed on the highest level of clubs on FIFA10 & FIFA11. Now I'm playing again with the guys from back then and were moving up in divisions but coming across some big monsters that just smash you off the ball or catch you. And an even bigger laugh at the guy who said I would 'lord it over' teams with my SUPER pro that has 50% accomps unlocked. My team is in division 7 and most of the pros that we come up against are higher rated than mine.

I would never do that shit if I could offline level my pro. That's the only way to get close to someone who can sit behind his PS3 24/7.

You really are an idiot. You're being an asshole because you can't have an instant 90 OVR pro. Are you a 13 year old kid? Why do you feel so fucking entitled? I did the same shit in FIFA 10, 11 and 12, because they were separate games. Have fun with the game instead of becoming obsessed over stats. Learn to play the damn game instead of ruining other's experiences because you suck.

We are all having a lot more fun in clubs because boosting isn't something that is necessary anymore.

Feature

Banned
You really are an idiot. You're being an asshole because you can't have an instant 90 OVR pro. Are you a 13 year old kid? Why do you feel so fucking entitled? I did the same shit in FIFA 10, 11 and 12, because they were separate games. Have fun with the game instead of becoming obsessed over stats. Learn to play the damn game instead of ruining other's experiences because you suck.

We are all having a lot more fun in clubs because boosting isn't something that is necessary anymore.

Your namecalling is useless and doesn't hurt my feelings, so keep going. I don't feel entitled to an instant 90 OVR pro. But giving people who can play 24/7 an advantage over me isn't fair either. I only have fun with playing clubs and I'm very good at it. Ofcourse when you're in a shit club in div 8 you don't need boosted players as most people in that division are as shit as you. Just wait until you get to div < 4 (lol who am I kidding) with your 80 rated pro against 90+ rated beasts. You'll stand no chance.

Take my 'tips' or leave them, either way, I'll still use them.
Is it fun to do it like that? No. Is it fair to do it like that? Yes.

The idea is you won't get to Div4 unless you're good enough. Which comes from playing with a group of players long enough. It becomes very evident that you never player organized sports growing up. But we can cease this discussion because we aren't going to agree on this point. Continue to feel entitled.

Also, you allowed me to feel a little pride in the fact that we have some higher rated players in our club already who earned it legitimately.

Feature

Banned
The idea is you won't get to Div4 unless you're good enough. Which comes from playing with a group of players long enough. It becomes very evident that you never player organized sports growing up. But we can cease this discussion because we aren't going to agree on this point. Continue to feel entitled.

Also, you allowed me to feel a little pride in the fact that we have some higher rated players in our club already who earned it legitimately.

What has me playing sports when I grew up have to do with playing FIFA... yes I did play football when I was young. I've been playing clubs since it's first release in FIFA10 (except fifa 12 which I skipped). I was always at the top with my clubs so I'm not a 'shitty player'. Good on your team mates to get it 'legitimate', it probably took them much more time playing than me to get to that point. And I still leveled up my VP legitimately even if you don't like how I did it.

And I bet your team isn't even close to the top, and if it is, it's because the game hasn't even been out a month. If I look at the top club now, it looks utter garbage.

Alright, someone stop me from wasting coins on an IF Reus. Although, it is nice to see the market start to settle. I'll be able to build my German reserve squad for cheap.

k0ji-wd

Reus is so much better as a CF/ST though. . .I feel like his wasted at RW/RM. . .plus you have options in the Bundesliga for that position, like Schurururlle

Reus is so much better as a CF/ST though. . .I feel like his wasted at RW/RM. . .plus you have options in the Bundesliga for that position, like Schurururlle

Currently have Affellay with Elia on the bench I believe. And Farfan on the other side of Mandzukic in my 4-3-3. Gundogan, Martinez, and Augusto as my midfielders, but I need to pick up Gotze and Diego for some more options. I'll probably grab Khedira as some point and maybe Ozil. I'll probably grap Shaquiri tonight for my backup to Farfan. I'm trying to decide if I should go with Hummels, or Felipe Santana at CB to replace Subotic as I like Howedes there as it stands.

iFootball

Your namecalling is useless and doesn't hurt my feelings, so keep going. I don't feel entitled to an instant 90 OVR pro. But giving people who can play 24/7 an advantage over me isn't fair either. I only have fun with playing clubs and I'm very good at it. Ofcourse when you're in a shit club in div 8 you don't need boosted players as most people in that division are as shit as you. Just wait until you get to div < 4 (lol who am I kidding) with your 80 rated pro against 90+ rated beasts. You'll stand no chance.

Take my 'tips' or leave them, either way, I'll still use them.
Is it fun to do it like that? No. Is it fair to do it like that? Yes.

I'm sorry dude but I'm agreeing with everyone else here... exploiting the game's mechanics/logic makes you look childish... you're becoming exactly the people you're supposedly criticizing... you talk about 'fairness' and now, the rest of us who just like you can't play the game 24/7 get into a Club match and find you with your with Lvl 99 Pro with a Purple Mohawk and the 'coolest' celebration, just a couple of weeks after the game's release... If you are "very good at it" how about you beat those 90+ Pros with your 70+ Pro and actually take the time to earn your level?

I'm sorry, I don't wanna be an ass, but I can't stand people whose only mission is to level their characters in any game as fast as possible with any means possible. I'm of the opinion that these type of "tips" have no place in these threads....

iFootball

More so this time than in FIFA 12. I tried to use my beloved Sounders as I did last year, but good god the first touch stuff has made it hard to enjoy. Everyone except for maybe Montero and Alonso have such TERRIBLE first touches that I can't get any buildup going. I know it's more realistic and lifelike to MLS games etc., but it makes it less fun to play. That's why I decided to stick with teams/players that can control the ball on a 5 yard pass atleast. Which was my downfall, apparently.
I see your point; playing with lower tier teams definitely makes you focus harder on what you're doing with your players, and obviously much harder... but in my perspective, 'realistic' is better, and I've had great matches in Seasons H2H with them... it's a different pace and both teams have to work harder... I dunno, it think it even helps you to learn how to master the game's controls and mechanics
I guess I could just yell at the clouds, because complaining about asshole/tryhard players on XBL is the same thing.
Lol... last night in a Seasons game I came across this guy who obviously picked Madrid, and whose only strategy was to lob through passes towards C. Ronaldo or Benzema and hope for a rebound or mistake.. I was able to contain him with FC Bayern's defense and scored twice on him... but for every goal this guy would Msg me constantly , or he would later even pause the game to do so : "you f*cking lagger" "lagger lagger" "I hate laggers like you bitch" "lagger cunt", etc etc etc etc... even after the game he continued to do so.... now I must say, my Internet connection is great, and I've had almost zero online issues with FIFA 13 ever since release day, and basically no lag in games, so I wonder what his problem was... funny guy though

You were probably hosting, if I had to guess. Either way, I would have reported him for language just because. Those guys are always my favorites. I only msg people if it was a really exciting game.

The game that won me the Div2 title was like that. 0-0 all game, both keepers playing out of their mind, until he went up in the 78' 1-0 on a counter. My next attack, he fouled me in the box and I evened it up 1-1. In the 90' I intercepted the ball in his half and drove down the wing with Farfan and did a near post cross. The keeper punched the ball, which landed at the feet of Augusto on the top corner who did a quick cross to Mandzukic's foot and hammered it home.

It all happened so fast, and I was so excited that I legitimately cheered out loud when it happened. It was easily the most fun I've had in FIFA 13 so far. I sent the guy a quick msg with something like, "gg, lucky final goal for me. great match." and received a response in agreeance.

Feature

Banned
I'm sorry dude but I'm agreeing with everyone else here... exploiting the game's mechanics/logic makes you look childish... you're becoming exactly the people you're supposedly criticizing... you talk about 'fairness' and now, the rest of us who just like you can't play the game 24/7 get into a Club match and find you with your with Lvl 99 Pro with a Purple Mohawk and the 'coolest' celebration, just a couple of weeks after the game's release... If you are "very good at it" how about you beat those 90+ Pros with your 70+ Pro and actually take the time to earn your level?

I'm sorry, I don't wanna be an ass, but I can't stand people whose only mission is to level their characters in any game as fast as possible with any means possible. I'm of the opinion that these type of "tips" have no place in these threads....

The thing is, what I do everyone can do easely without any problems. Unlike playing 24/7 and 50 club matches a week. Also, I really don't care about leveling as fast as I can because of breaking a record, just to level the playing field. Div 1 probably has some very good teams in there at some point, so it wouldn't matter if I would be the best player in the world. Stats unfortunately have a big effect on the game, not just skill.

Tawpgun

Tried getting into Ultimate Team. Far too overwhelming and I didn't feel like putting up with shit players at the beginning.

I'm still a total scrub at this game. Any tips?

alterno69

Banned
It's true playing with lower level clubs can be really frustrating at times with the first touch stuff so exagerated but i just dno't like playing against Madrid and Barcelona over and over again, i use Cruz Azul for my season and since the matchmaking is great now it works out alright, i do concede way too many goals thanks to my defensive players having the technique of a wall but oh well. Also playing with the best clubs feels like a diferent game, so much faster.

Feature, if you're goona do that shit do it with your friends onle, threatening to quit at the 90 minutes is a fucking disgrace and people like you are what ruins the game for people who only play to have fun and not to stroke their egos in a fucking videogame.

Feature

Banned
I also play for fun and am good at the same time, impossible! Fun for me means to play on even ground with the other people in higher divisions. In this case I'll have to do some un-fun things for a couple of days, but after that I'll have lots of fun. In my eyes forcing people to level a stupid VP is anti-fun. Why not give people the choice to level up their VP or start off with a 100% one? Now they're just forcing me to do stupid shit like this to reach a point where I can have actual fun.

I have no entitlement here, but EA needs to deal with the shit that their dumb designs bring with them.

I played the demo and I really did not like it(FIFA12 was great). The passing and kicks felt very off. I would aim in one direction and he would pass in the opposite direction or kick like he never played the sport in his life.

iFootball

I also play for fun and am good at the same time, impossible! Fun for me means to play on even ground with the other people in higher divisions. In this case I'll have to do some un-fun things for a couple of days, but after that I'll have lots of fun. In my eyes forcing people to level a stupid VP is anti-fun. Why not give people the choice to level up their VP or start off with a 100% one? Now they're just forcing me to do stupid shit like this to reach a point where I can have actual fun.

I have no entitlement here, but EA needs to deal with the shit that their dumb designs bring with them.

I guess that why it's a feature called "leveling"... like in many other games... you need to earn your skill by investing hours into the game... you are being given the choice to level-up, but you're choosing to exploit

...Are your really suggesting we ALL start with a 100% VP to level things up??.... "all right folks!, let's all play with our Messi-level players, it's going to a blast!.. and no one ever is going to have to deal with failure and unfairness! "

Top Bottom