• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

I play a 4-1-2-1-2

---------Fellaini------
Valencia----The Ox
----------Yaya--------
---????-----Podolski

Might save up for tevez or Balo.

I mix it up with yaya bombing forward linking up with the strikers. I also use the wings a lot to cross the ball in a good heading attribute is useful

Balo would be perfect.

I'm starting on a Barclays PL gold team. I opened a pck the other day and pulled a Gerrard. Pretty happy about that. I actually have a full 11 (trying 3-5-2 for now) that has an overall rating of 79 but a chemistry rating of only 76. Getting players to improve either of those numbers is probably going to cost me so this may be more of a long-term team.

I did manage to get my MLS all-star bronze team and my Galaxy team both to 100 chemistry. I've been using the bronze team so far and have only lost 3 times with them.

So here's a question about staff - what do the coaches do? Do their bonuses add to your team automatically or is there some way to apply them?

I'm doing all right. I can buy just about any player I want except for some of the insanely expensive ones. Plus, I open packs periodically all the time so I've done alright myself.

I'm starting on a Barclays PL gold team. I opened a pck the other day and pulled a Gerrard. Pretty happy about that. I actually have a full 11 (trying 3-5-2 for now) that has an overall rating of 79 but a chemistry rating of only 76. Getting players to improve either of those numbers is probably going to cost me so this may be more of a long-term team.

I did manage to get my MLS all-star bronze team and my Galaxy team both to 100 chemistry. I've been using the bronze team so far and have only lost 3 times with them.

So here's a question about staff - what do the coaches do? Do their bonuses add to your team automatically or is there some way to apply them?

Keep the coaches in your club. They will give you boosts when you use contracts, team talks, injury cards, morale boosts, or stat boost cards. They will increase the amount those cards do by the percentage listed on their card. So if a physio card is a injuries 3%, that means that when you apply a heal injury card to a player, the effectiveness increases by 3%. I think you may need quite a few coaching cards to notice the difference, and I don't know quite the extent of their stacking properties.

Menelaus

Banned
FUT is just about the shittiest bunch of shit I've ever had to put up with. My 2nd game EVER and I go up against a completely golden roster. Fuck off.

FUT is just about the shittiest bunch of shit I've ever had to put up with. My 2nd game EVER and I go up against a completely golden roster. Fuck off.

Were you entering a Golden tournament?

If it was an online season you should, ideally, be paired against someone within one star of you.

After we finished up our session last night I jumped back into career mode playing my virtual pro and this happened.....

9cf93a2591104730e00edfc1fffb7779d5f82cf2.jpg

I'm on loan at Notts County, apparently my performances there qualify me for the England team. Good job Mr. Hodgson, next month he'll be selecting Benson & Hedges and playing four four fucking two.

Lol!

Plasma

Banned
After we finished up our session last night I jumped back into career mode playing my virtual pro and this happened.....

9cf93a2591104730e00edfc1fffb7779d5f82cf2.jpg

I'm on loan at Notts County, apparently my performances there qualify me for the England team. Good job Mr. Hodgson, next month he'll be selecting Benson & Hedges and playing four four fucking two.

If Shelvey can get a call up so can you I guess.

Cyport

It's my first time trying ultimate team. I don't really know the best way to go about it but it I am enjoying it I guess!

My aim is to have a best of PL 11 but obviously don't have enough coins or anything. I've set up a bronze team full of south koreans lol, and won two tournaments (bronze and trinations) and currently doing an online one. What should I do to help fund towards a gold team?

It's my first time trying ultimate team. I don't really know the best way to go about it but it I am enjoying it I guess!

My aim is to have a best of PL 11 but obviously don't have enough coins or anything. I've set up a bronze team full of south koreans lol, and won two tournaments (bronze and trinations) and currently doing an online one. What should I do to help fund towards a gold team?

Just keep playing thats all you can do.

You build a nice EPL team for a fairly low price.

Ah right thanks, for 100 would every line connected between each player have to be green?

Pretty much. You can see what a player's current chemistry is if you cycle through the stats on the card. I think it is on the same page as fitness, contracts, and morale. 9 is the max a single player can have. You actually can't get to 100 chemistry without having a manager that fits with your team.

IllumiNate

Pulled a Pirlo and sold him for 30k, best card I've pulled yet. Now I'm sitting on 120k and wondering what I should do with it..

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just got Neymar!

damn you!

Yea, FUT matchmaking is still shit.

Yep. I was even playing against the computer and it froze on me. EA is such shit.

Spent just 5 bucks on packs and it's so exciting when the pack opens up in front of you I felt like a little kid on christmas.

Got Palacio (beast), Nocerino, Georkrutz (dortmund), and a few other players I can't remember but I was able to sell some of them so I picked up about 10k coins.

I can see how buying packs is addictive tho

damn you!

Yep. I was even playing against the computer and it froze on me. EA is such shit.

Spent just 5 bucks on packs and it's so exciting when the pack opens up in front of you I felt like a little kid on christmas.

Got Palacio (beast), Nocerino, Georkrutz (dortmund), and a few other players I can't remember but I was able to sell some of them so I picked up about 10k coins.

I can see how buying packs is addictive tho

Yes, it is absolutely throwing some money down because it really is pure fun.

Iztli

Question everyone :p

I'm thinking of getting the 360/PS3 version.

Which one has a bigger community in the USA?

I have the pc version and its mostly euro players :O

Not that I don't like them <3 <3 Believe FC <3

I just want to play season online.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

360 is huge. I used to have it on both systems but I have big greasy, hamburger eating hands so I like the 360 controller.

HenryHSH

!!!

Traitor.

Your out of the team!
maybe :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How is PC360 gaf doing? PS3 gaf is currently stuck at division 6. Couldnt manage to overcome it so far.

How is PC360 gaf doing? PS3 gaf is currently stuck at division 6. Couldnt manage to overcome it so far.

We won the cup once that was open!

iySaCkft8XzBF.gif

ibu6C4pTMYkAOC.gif

Just wanted an excuse to post them :p We keep getting up to 6 then fucking about and going down two or three divisions :lol I haven't played with them today so hopefully someone who did can give you updated information!

JLG-

Here's my EPL team.

QXNPY.jpg

Still need to get a LB and RB but so far so good. Slowly going to start upgrading some players.

Ah right thanks, for 100 would every line connected between each player have to be green?

Nope look at my team i have 100 chem and not every line is green.

JLG-

I just wish the damn formation modifier cards for 4-3-3 weren't so gotdamn expensive!

I'm at only 80 chem atm

Yeah i know, it sucks! Now whenever i buy a player from the auction i only search for 433 so i don't have to keep buying those 433 cards.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah i know, it sucks! Now whenever i buy a player from the auction i only search for 433 so i don't have to keep buying those 433 cards.

Yeah I'm a sentiimental idiot I buy players I like. I've spent like 700 space bucks on packs so I have been selling a lot of those players.

If you played UT the last 2 years do you still have coins or something? I buy fifa every year but this is the first time I play UT.

I thoughth UT was some shit like Magic: The Gathering lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

we are on season 27 or something, relegated like 6 times promoted i think 10 and 1 cup

we are the greatest thing since velcro

IllumiNate

I'm wanting to change my formation from 4-4-2 to something like 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 maybe 4-3-3 what's your guys opinion on those? What do u use yourself?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I play 4-3-3 I like to have a big, powerful striker up front in the middle and 2 fast wingers on his flanks

I use James Rodriguez - Jackson Martinez - Alan

Don't know the alan dude but I think he is brazilian or portuguese. James and Jackson both play for the same club and national team so they link up good.

They are cheap as well <750 coins usually

----4-3-3 hurts your defence tho. At least for me but I do score a lot. Get scored on alot too

brentech

I'm wanting to change my formation from 4-4-2 to something like 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 maybe 4-3-3 what's your guys opinion on those? What do u use yourself?
I was using 4-4-2 for a while myself, recently switched to 4-2-2-2, I'm liking that a lot. Gives options to use extra defenders as the CMDs or CAMs into strikers....just more versitle by far.

kingslunk

Player kicks ball first, opponent player rolls over my player. I get red carded and just get destroyed. Game is real dumb sometimes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I always get fouled and it is never called it pisses me off. Then I barely touch my opponent and sure enough it gets whistled.

Am I being punished for picking Barcelona?

I always get fouled and it is never called it pisses me off. Then I barely touch my opponent and sure enough it gets whistled.

Am I being punished for picking Barcelona?

I play Barca and notice this too. Only explanation I have is game doesn't register the myriad of impact engine collisions that occur since Barca's forwards are all made of paper.

Top Bottom