• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

SumGamer

Any help here? :p

What's your background? PES? Or just new to football? Or else? My first tip to everybody is to not sprint unless you know what you are doing. Keeping possession is really important in Fifa. Try various pass to create opening. Basically, play like as if you are watching a game of football :)

sneaky77

2010 and 2011 went pretty well, iirc. Last year a few people got hacked and some other stuff came up.

Who's going to run the club this year?
No, I'm not volunteering. :p

I got a msg from Ragnar yesterday on live, so maybe him? If not lets volunteer QVT, he's free now that there's no more french class.

adelante

A few tips: Pace Control modifier (LT or L2) allows for tighter dribbling but another good use would be for better ball control when trapping, since holding that trigger essentially makes you move slower.

Complete Dribbling (LT+RT or L2+R2) lets you face up a defender and dribble laterally; the latter makes that feature pretty useful if you want to quickly wrong-foot a defender that's running in parallel with you and charge past him like so (scored this an hour ago heh): http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/136039083

Ragus

Banned

-keep the possesion of the ball. ALWAYS.
-When tou defend, press X/A button to contain the opoonent. When you are close to him and you feel like you can take the ball from, stop pressing X, and ram into him while having L2 pressed down
-don't sprint if you don't have to. You have a better control of the ball when you do not sprint

Ridesh

Banned
jby3yFotqs6Q6X.JPG

This bad boy and I are going to have another great year.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Question for people that are a bit more experienced, when a defender grabs tour jersey and slows you down, is there anything I can do? It seems like I cant run away anymore and passing and shooting become super wonky.

Its specially annoying on breakaways.

Hey, I'm going to try and put up a Clubs thread tonight. Just giving you a heads up. Not sure what I'm going to title it yet. It's been a long time hasn't it.

Unless you want to do it sneaky77, I didn't see anything when searching earlier and figured it would be best to get it up tonight. Also, I believe quite a few people from the footyGAF thread are interested in clubs so we should see a lot of new faces.

Gentle Lovers would be a fun club name I think.

I'm going to name the thread, FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

sneaky77

Hey, I'm going to try and put up a Clubs thread tonight. Just giving you a heads up. Not sure what I'm going to title it yet. It's been a long time hasn't it.

Unless you want to do it sneaky77, I didn't see anything when searching earlier and figured it would be best to get it up tonight. Also, I believe quite a few people from the footyGAF thread are interested in clubs so we should see a lot of new faces.

I was thinking something stupidly dramatic like, Virgin Slayers, or something. But I know that is dumb. So throw some team names out.

Nope.. you're all good to go.. and we still have a few days for the name anyway

Jezabel

gonna make a young english players ultimate team, along with a young bundesliga team.

already have cleverly, rodwell and lallana for my englsih team :D

Gentle Lovers would be a fun club name I think.

I'm going to name the thread, FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

How do you go about picking the positions?

I've read that Pace has less emphasis this year which will be nice also, online play is going to be a lot different than playing against the AI as expected.

zinder

So annoyed by the fact that Origin/PC does not have Season Pass... EA just won't take my money. Surprised. I also have a PS3 but it looks incredible shitty playing on a monitor (which I prefer).

I just played 2 games against the CPU on the Early Release version and what really jumps out is how the A.I actually keeps the shape of your formations this year, maybe even too strictly. More than ever you can tell what each team is playing in just by moving up and down the pitch. I found that pretty fascinating. This may be why some have commented about their being a actually being midfield that's worth a shit (I wouldn't go that far though)

The offensive runs are so smart, not just the forward ones either, guys check back to the ball even after starting to make a long run forward, where in the past if you sent a guy on and one-two run he would just run until he pretty much hit the parking lot. Now if they don't have anything they adjust which is great. CPU scored pretty sneaky goals on me threading the needle and I had some nice chances too in both games that I couldn't put away.

Glad to see they finally tuned the lob and over the top through balls so you can hit really short ones over the top now. I played full manual in FIFA12 and no matter how precise you were with both, I could rarely make those type of passes. The last thing on my list of stuff I hoped was improved that I am really happy about is how the A.I. doesn't pull your players away from 50-50 balls anymore, especially ones in the air to give the CPU an advantage. Used to both me to no end in FIFA12

It's def got a new feel to it, and I really like what I've played so far, looks to be the best FIFA yet by a pretty significant margin. Strongly disagree with those (not on GAF...yet) who say this is only FIFA12.5. Looks and feels like a different, better game now.

madmackem

I've read that Pace has less emphasis this year which will be nice also, online play is going to be a lot different than playing against the AI as expected.

I hope so, ultimate team is a race to get the top stars or a team full of speedy forwards, pretty much every team you play.

Kiraly

IM SO READY FOR THIS GAME

I cant hold out any more, GAF what do I do

Here's hoping some American pioneer is willing to try the Vita version before it hits European stores

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Played the PS3 version today at Gamestop. Seemed like the game was slower than the demo for some reason.

Good, the demo was way too fast, I'm used to the highest difficulty on FIFA12 and that was never as breakneck as the 13 demo.

Not enough space for all teams to have real faces, so they only include the actually important teams.

c9b71_1268393910_george_clooney_at_the_oscars.gif

Kiraly

Why does fucking Austria of all places get a custom cover and the glorious nations of the Netherlands and Germany does not?

Top Bottom