• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

hlhbk

Preordered the PC version on Origin after playing the 360 full version via the EA Sports $20 package where you can download early access copies. I loved Fifa 12 adn 13 plays significantly better than fifa 12 and its $20 cheaper than the console version!

Ragus

Banned
Correct me if I'w wrong, but i DO remember EA saying a year ago, that Fifa for PS3 and Vita were supposed to have cross gaming features (playing online).

I guess they lied.

EA dont give a fcuk about handhelds.

3DS version will be same as last year with new rosters.

There is a reason they never send out preview copies of the handheld versions.

That really just sad if ALL they did was update the rosters and change the name from FIFA 12 -> FIFA 13...a new low in laziness for sure. According to the comments in that video it doesn't get any of the new stuff console versions get...

PaulLFC

Seems to be just a roster update, some say even the soundtrack is the same. Menus are definitely the same.

Fucking EA

It could have been so beautiful

FUCK YOU EA
That is ridiculously lazy. I remember them making a big deal of how launch FIFA was tailored to the Vita and was the first version etc etc, so I'd assumed they'd improve things, sounds like they haven't even tried. Asking money for it is insulting.

This is why it's good to finally have Pro Evo back. I hope they release a Vita version eventually. Competition defeats laziness.

03sho

Been playing the early access on ps3. Is it me or is the game super fast? Seems like its just one big counter attack everytime. Keepersnhave been improved and Joe Hart is a fucking beast!

Been playing the early access on ps3. Is it me or is the game super fast? Seems like its just one big counter attack everytime. Keepersnhave been improved and Joe Hart is a fucking beast!

Demo was super fast for me,had to increase the difficulty and decrease game speed to Slow,after that it was blast.

one thing i worried about.

some people saying it slower while others saying its too fast.

I want it slow!

Didn't see in the OP and I can't find a clear answer: do I need to get Origin to play this on the PC? I don't care one bit about online play or anything like that. Looking solely in terms of a single player experience.

The Amazon download version doesn't seem to require it.

Didn't see in the OP and I can't find a clear answer: do I need to get Origin to play this on the PC? I don't care one bit about online play or anything like that. Looking solely in terms of a single player experience.

The Amazon download version doesn't seem to require it.

Yes while installing you need origin.After that you have to start origin each time when you start the game!Atleast it was like that in Fifa 12 and bf3

Yes while installing you need origin.After that you have to start origin each time when you start the game!Atleast it was like that in Fifa 12 and bf3

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I want to go that route. I understand why EA is doing it, but I would be using the service for exactly one game. Unless EA ever starts releasing Madden or NCAA Football for the PC, their only game that interests me is FIFA.

iFootball

Being a foreigner in the US, I did not expect this level of expose to the game's midnight release... As a football and FIFA fan, I did pre-order my PS3 copy some time ago, and I just expected to pick-up my copy on Tuesday after work...

But... Not only it was confirmed that many Gamestops are doing midnight releases, but today I got TWO calls on my mobile to remind me of it and to make me aware of the "benefits"... One call "from EA on behalf of GameStop", and another from my local store's manager to invite me to it and make sure I get my limited edition tin box.

I guess it's good to know it's kinda of a big thing in the US as well

Being a foreigner in the US, I did not expect this level of expose to the game's midnight release... As a football and FIFA fan, I did pre-order my PS3 copy some time ago, and I just expected to pick-up my copy on Tuesday after work...

But... Not only it was confirmed that many Gamestops are doing midnight releases, but today I got TWO calls on my mobile to remind me of it and to make aware of the "benefits"... One call "from EA on behalf of GameStop", and another from my local store's manager to invite me to it and make sure I get my limited edition tin box.

It's getting bigger here for sure (the sport). I'm glad to hear they are considering building a new stadium in Queens and a new team there.

fenners

But... Not only it was confirmed that many Gamestops are doing midnight releases, but today I got TWO calls on my mobile to remind me of it and to make me aware of the "benefits"... One call "from EA on behalf of GameStop", and another from my local store's manager to invite me to it and make sure I get my limited edition tin box.

It's getting there, year by year. Soccer is way bigger than it was five years ago. Fox had the Liverpool vs Man Utd game live on primetime Sunday afternoon TV right after the Cowboys game, for example. FIFA's definitely helped that rise and keyed into sell more /as/ it rises.

For those who pre-ordered at Gamestop and anxiously await your Messi steelbook case.

It sucks. =( EA got all cheap in the production of them, pretty disappointed but oh well, still free.

For those who pre-ordered at Gamestop and anxiously await your Messi steelbook case.

It sucks. =( EA got all cheap in the production of them, pretty disappointed but oh well, still free.
Well, you should also try PES 13, it's good and I think FIFA 13 got a pretty powerful opponent.

Afrikan

So I guess i'm just going to stick with Fifa Vita...and not get Fifa 13*... well, saved $40

no wonder some EA Guy said he didn't know if the Vita version of 13, was going to be called Fifa 13 or Fifa Soccer again...lol.

I wonder what EA is going to do with people like me... are they going to cut off online access for us? of course no roster updates, but I wonder if we can update the rosters ourselves.

So I guess i'm just going to stick with Fifa Vita...and not get Fifa 13*... well, saved $40

no wonder some EA Guy said he didn't know if the Vita version of 13, was going to be called Fifa 13 or Fifa Soccer again...lol.

I wonder what EA is going to do with people like me... are they going to cut off online access for us? of course no roster updates, but I wonder if we can update the rosters ourselves.

Uh you can make custom rosters. It'll take time unless you just focus on the big changes.
When you go online though, it will require the last roster update that was done.

The only thing that is probably different is just the kits and whatever licenses.

Lkr

Going to GameStop tonight even though I'm busy today and tomorrow. Fuck this game for being addicting

BlankaBR

Banned
It's getting there, year by year. Soccer is way bigger than it was five years ago. Fox had the Liverpool vs Man Utd game live on primetime Sunday afternoon TV right after the Cowboys game, for example. FIFA's definitely helped that rise and keyed into sell more /as/ it rises.
Its getting a little more popular, still has a long way to cacth up with american football, baseball and even hockey.Fox soccer is doing a great job and the red sox owner now owns Liverpool so i noticed more exposure, at least in Boston ...If u go to N.Y., every bar is always playing a soccer match.The thing that I hate the most is the relation they use as a girls sport or for kids grrrrrrrrrr!!

Screw EA for not giving the Vita version some proper attention. And don't complain when the game doesn't sell either, this game was a day one purchase for me from the time the Vita first came out until I found out it was just another lazy port of an old version of FIFA.

Balotelli

Banned
I am getting HORRENDOUS button lag that is FIFA 11 esque. So buyer beware. 360 version online modes obviously. No way to fix it it seems, EA can't even get this right.

ElyrionX

Screw EA for not giving the Vita version some proper attention. And don't complain when the game doesn't sell either, this game was a day one purchase for me from the time the Vita first came out until I found out it was just another lazy port of an old version of FIFA.

Why waste resources developing a port for hardware with such a low installed base?

Its getting a little more popular, still has a long way to cacth up with american football, baseball and even hockey.Fox soccer is doing a great job and the red sox owner now owns Liverpool so i noticed more exposure, at least in Boston ...If u go to N.Y., every bar is always playing a soccer match.The thing that I hate the most is the relation they use as a girls sport or for kids grrrrrrrrrr!!

I thought ESPN said Soccer is now second in popularity for America.

I am getting HORRENDOUS button lag that is FIFA 11 esque. So buyer beware. 360 version online modes obviously. No way to fix it it seems, EA can't even get this right.

I had a bit of that on PS3 actually, but it seemed related to lag/connection more than anything as it's virtually disappeared since the first evening I tried.

Why waste resources developing a port for hardware with such a low installed base?
I understand the reasoning for it but it's still frustrating. Plus, the system will never stand a chance if developers don't even try to make the software worthwhile. I would rather them not even make a Vita version than do this, honestly.

I'm sort of enjoying it, but things from last year that were annoying are still there.

- Can obstruct and barge people off the ball as much as you like
- 'Auto Tackle' is still very powerful
- It's still more successful to just steamroller through people rather than jockey and tackle
- Auto Switch (even when off) is horribly random.
- Manual switching of players is never quick enough when there's a scramble in the box and you want to attack the ball

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm sort of enjoying it, but things from last year that were annoying are still there.

- It's still more successful to just steamroller through people rather than jockey and tackle
- Manual switching of players is never quick enough when there's a scramble in the box and you want to attack the ball

Anything that was improved in your opinion? I am fine with "Not making it worse" if some other aspects have been improved.

Khanage

Does anyone know if fifa 13 is available to preload today in the uk?
Last year I was able to vpn and activate the game so I could play it when it was released in North America. Hoping I’ll be able to do that again!

Edit: Forgot to say. I’m talking about the pc version.

Anything that was improved in your opinion? I am fine with "Not making it worse" if some other aspects have been improved.

- Animation is slightly more fluid
- Ball feels slightly different in terms of weight and physics
- Different variants of goals
- Deflected shots looping and curling over GKs

Meier

Mehhh, I didn't pre-order the game on the MS Store since I was waiting to get refunded for Borderlands 2.. now it's sold out there. :( No Free 1600 MS Points for me I guess..

Is there any site that has it for less than $60?

Does anyone know if fifa 13 is available to preload today in the uk?
Last year I was able to vpn and activate the game so I could play it when it was released in North America. Hoping I’ll be able to do that again!

Edit: Forgot to say. I’m talking about the pc version.

Yeah. It has been for 2/3 days now I think.

elsk

Banned

If you put the game in manual then it pretty much fixes all your complains. You can switch players with the right stick to make it quicker.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Elsk, Bayern are amazing in this game! I had a couple of games online as them and love them!

Nice to hear. They were pretty much below most 5* games in 12. Anyone got a list of player overall stat numbers? Whats Martinez rating?

Everything going alright so far? I like hearing some of the FIFA Youtubers bitch because they aren't very good. I'm hoping that means pace isn't as important, although I know that is unrealistic.

Nice to hear. They were pretty much below most 5* games in 12. Anyone got a list of player overall stat numbers? Whats Martinez rating?

If I remember correctly Martinez is a 83. Gomez is 87 haha. Robben is 89 I think and Ribery is 90. Those are the ones I think I remember haha.

Everything going alright so far? I like hearing some of the FIFA Youtubers bitch because they aren't very good. I'm hoping that means pace isn't as important, although I know that is unrealistic.

I am enjoying it! Me and a friend beat Germany 2-1 as India :D The game just feels fresh again so I won't start finding flaws in it for another few weeks haha.

Soi-Fong

Did they fix the issue of the terrible CPU defence? My defenders always just back off of the opposing players.

Tell me about it. In FIFA Zoccer for Vita at least, you could have opposition in the box and your defenders still won't go after a dead ball.

Add to that the computer can't mark for shit on your side and I constantly have to wrangle with switching through players to get my defenders on position since the AI leaves such huge gaps.

Top Bottom