• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if the supermarkets here in the UK and having a price war again?

most years it seems like they're selling it for £25 of something silly.

Why add a National team and then not have their real names and crest, sigh.

Z9Yy4.jpg

A3WSrYECIAMcQwB.jpg

Anyone know if the supermarkets here in the UK and having a price war again?

most years it seems like they're selling it for £25 of something silly.

I hope so, I got FIFA 11 for £25 on launch day - but think last year it was selling at the usual price. I've got it preordered but if I see rumours of it being cheap in supermarkets then I'll cancel.

I gave in to the season ticket, currently downloading now on PS3.

Flayer

I haven't bought a Fifa game for a number of years and back then there was zero DLC. However FIFA13 seems to have a bewildering array of downloadable content, can anyone give me a quick run down on what you get and how important it is to the experience? Like with the EA season pass you get a free DLC every week for 24 weeks?

Griffin

I haven't bought a Fifa game for a number of years and back then there was zero DLC. However FIFA13 seems to have a bewildering array of downloadable content, can anyone give me a quick run down on what you get and how important it is to the experience? Like with the EA season pass you get a free DLC every week for 24 weeks?

For Fifa Ultimate Team, basicly card packs with new players and other items for your Ultimate Team.

It's a game mode where people create their own teams and trade player cards.

sneaky77

For Fifa Ultimate Team, basicly card packs with new players and other items for your Ultimate Team.

It's a game mode where people create their own teams and trade player cards.

Do you earn packs by playing or do they need to be space pts purchased?

Do you earn packs by playing or do they need to be space pts purchased?

I assume it's like NHL 13 where you earn points by competing online against others, which can then be redeemed for packs.

Thus you don't have to purchase them, but obviously a lot of people do in order to build a better team much quicker.

Why add a National team and then not have their real names and crest, sigh.

No license and the players are probably not covered under the FIFPro license.

Creation Centre and all that stuff aren't very important.
I think Virtual Bundesliga is free this year too.

FUT is included in the retail disc, so it's not DLC.

elsk

Banned
I'm not liking the first touch thing when playing career mode. I usually play with lower division teams and is barely playable with the first touch 'feature' fucking every attack.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If you're having issues with first touch go to user customization, it now has a slider on the bottom to basically turn it off. Just drag to 0.

elsk

Banned
If you're having issues with first touch go to user customization, it now has a slider on the bottom to basically turn it off. Just drag to 0.

Yeah, but I don't like editing those things. I won't be editing it on friends houses and you can't edit that on online can you? I much prefer to try to get used to it as it is :/ but I sure hope they manage to fix it like they fixed the defending system with a patch last year.

Specifics man, specifics!

One touch is still really annoying, but didn't seem to happen as randomly. Like I could see it happening if I was building up too fast or making long, fast passes. Still, seeing a professional player not being able to handle a ball I know they could handle in real life is stupid.

On the flip side, I played online games and it just feels a lot better. Your offense seems to make good runs, not act like retards, and overall feels much better. Defense, I felt, is slightly better. Didn't have any defensive players make absolute bonehead plays so I was happy with that, but still had some auto-lunging and standing around loose balls.

Overall, since I really only play online, I think the game is vastly better than '12. I hated '12 and traded it in half way through the summer, first time I've ever done that with a FIFA game - and I only did it because of the frustration of online play. Impact engine seems refined, as well.

sneaky77

One touch is still really annoying, but didn't seem to happen as randomly. Like I could see it happening if I was building up too fast or making long, fast passes. Still, seeing a professional player not being able to handle a ball I know they could handle in real life is stupid.

even messi misses easy controllable balls sometimes.

You know, FIFA is probably the only game where I will actively enter the replay mode just to stare at some of the animations - great job! It really is leagues above most other games.

Trial is currently installing, and going to play NHL 13 for a while - but then FIFA!!!

Captain N

FIFA 13 Early Access won't get back the main screen. I press Start and its stuck with the arrow pointing down in the bottom left.

After struggling with my own team sunderland i played a game as spurs and took apart a person playing as liverpool, defoe is a beast as is your name.

Good to know! I did mean with the whole face thing though. They scanned our players and apparently they didn't put them in.

Is Career mode really slow for anyone else?

Might just be because it's through the transfer window, but skipping to my next game takes absolutely ages.

Loving this so far though, online is just as tense and rage inducing as I remember :D

adelante

Goddamnit can't stop playing the damn demo... the wait for retail release is soooo unbearable, I find myself intentionally not letting matches end in stalemate by scoring own goals at the last minute so I have the option to rematch (on X360 here)... HARGH

MYE

Is Career mode really slow for anyone else?

Might just be because it's through the transfer window, but skipping to my next game takes absolutely ages.

Loving this so far though, online is just as tense and rage inducing as I remember :D

Not this shit again!

I swear FIFA12 already puts me to sleep in career mode. Between the constant loadings and slow timeline progression during menus, someone at FIFA wants me to go on a rampage.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I played the demo for 2 hours today, the game is outstanding. I played a minigame where I had to put the ball in cans and reach 20.000 points. Spent 30mn on it and did 26.000. It helped me solve the only issue I had with long balls.

Not sure I'll be able to wait for Wii U's version.

Bumhead

Banned
Not sure I'll be able to wait for Wii U's version.

Wii U version is essentially FIFA 12.5, by all accounts. Very much the half-effort EA applies to all new console versions in the first year.

It'll probably be missing a few features from FIFA 13 proper, but I'll still be buying it. FIFA 12.5 isn't necessarily a bad thing and Off-TV Play is such a huge thing for me, for that online play and career mode while my wife and/or kid hog the TV.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Wii U version is essentially FIFA 12.5, by all accounts. Very much the half-effort EA applies to all new console versions in the first year.

It'll probably be missing a few features from FIFA 13 proper, but I'll still be buying it. FIFA 12.5 isn't necessarily a bad thing and Off-TV Play is such a huge thing for me, for that online play and career mode while my wife and/or kid hog the TV.
Fifa 13 is really much better than Fifa 12. The Wii U version will have tactics and calls made via the touchscreen, but if it misses the new IA enhancements, it will really be a tough choice for me.

any 3DS/Vita reviews yet.

I am guessing the 3DS version will be a lazy effort. Do the 3DS or Vita versions have tactical defending or the new first touch feature?

Top Bottom