• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Just lined up to take a free kick and had the referee come in and blow his whistle to move the wall back a couple of steps. Nothing major, but I was really surprised as I've never seen this before. A nice touch.

The passing is incredibly inconsistent for me (playing career mode). At times I have no idea why the game ends up passing it to who it choose to. An example- I see a striker streaking down the other side of the pitch unmarked, and the game apparently thinks I want to pass it to my midfielder 20 yards behind who's tightly marked and the pass gets intercepted. It wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't happen numerous times every game. It gets really old. At times it feels broken almost, and it's a real shame.

Have you done the passing skill game? A combination of power and angle selects who you are aiming for, combined with the players passing ability and vision of course. It's possible a player isn't good enough to make or see a pass so makes a different one. But by and large with assisted or semi you should always be able to pick from two players when passing.

kaizoku

Yep, I also have Muriel who is a striker with 91 pace. I want Ramires so bad...

Do you start with Muriel? I have his as the occasional sub but never gave him much playing time. I know some p spoke think he is the best striker around or something!

Milito has been amazing for me, probably out shining my new signing cavani! And for only 1.5k, crazy crazy price.

I'm considering selling to RVP,whom I should buy to replace him?
I will have 175.000 coins or so to spend.

I'd buy Torres, he's brilliant for me but on the theme of this thread other people disagree. Balotelli, Benzema or Aguero are the others I would pick on a 175k budget

kaizoku

So my record is 27-4-6 and I'm a very solid player. I win div 1 titles etc.

After 17 in games minutes I am losing 4-0 to this team. Wtf is wrong with this shit. Oxlade chamberlain scores 4 goals, all my players are sluggish as fuck. Then he scores another and I am losing 5-0 at half time. This never happens to me. The guy is playing 5221 and I can't get close to his team.

Why is the game like this? I wasn't even allowed to compete with that guy. It wasn't laggy as such, my guys just couldn't do anything whereas all his shit players were amazing as fuck I couldn't make a single tackle cos my guys couldn't even get close and my AI players weren't tracking any runs at all.

It's like all my guys were injected with kryptonite. What a loads of bollocks this game is sometimes. Games are clearly fixed, advantages and whatnot swinging all over the place.

If I lose cos both teams played and the other guy outplayed me fine. I can take that, but that happens maybe once every 5 losses.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Do you start with Muriel? I have his as the occasional sub but never gave him much playing time. I know some p spoke think he is the best striker around or something!

Milito has been amazing for me, probably out shining my new signing cavani! And for only 1.5k, crazy crazy price.

Yeah these FIFA players don't watch football lol

Muriel is a sub for me in place of Falcao. He was a mere 1500 coins too.

Got about 60k might just ride my luck and buy packs with it

Robso

chancellor suggested some good ideas. How about Cavani?

SumGamer

I must be the most unlucky guy in UT. The best player I got is Falcao from about 30 or so packs. My friend though, get Hazard, Rooney(twice), RVP, Torres(Twice), Podolski, Gerrard, Cazorla.

All in a span of one week.

kaizoku

How much is Cavani?

Cavani is good, good in the air, great shot, he tends to score when I just blast it whereas I usually try to finesse finish most of my shots so that's just an adjustment for me. He's scored about 8 goals in 4 appearances for me though ...I like him and would certainly build my team around him.

I suspect my final front 3 may be pato cavani with Di Natale CF behind them.

kaizoku

I must be the most unlucky guy in UT. The best player I got is Falcao from about 30 or so packs. My friend though, get Hazard, Rooney(twice), RVP, Torres(Twice), Podolski, Gerrard, Cazorla.

All in a span of one week.

Unlucky? Falcao is amazing! Best player I've had was Terry followed by Lewandowski and berbatov, never had an amazing player.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Cavani is good, good in the air, great shot, he tends to score when I just blast it whereas I usually try to finesse finish most of my shots so that's just an adjustment for me. He's scored about 8 goals in 4 appearances for me though ...I like him and would certainly build my team around him.

I suspect my final front 3 may be pato cavani with Di Natale CF behind them.

Cavani averages 21k online but Falcao is much better. Muriel is small but fast and a great shot.

I think I might try to get Chiellini since my defence sucks.

EA servers down for anyone else? I dont have the energy to bitch anymore but fuck on a saturday?

Desaan

I've been playing a career on Legendary and it's impossible, World Class is very hard work and Professional is too easy. Feels like the AI just cheats rather than them just being smarter, teleporting tackles and unrealistically physical. Anyone found some decent slider settings?

kaizoku

Cavani averages 21k online but Falcao is much better. Muriel is small but fast and a great shot.

I think I might try to get Chiellini since my defence sucks.

EA servers down for anyone else? I dont have the energy to bitch anymore but fuck on a saturday?

Oh yeh meant to say you can get cavani for about 18k if you shop around, that's what I paid.

brentech

I've been playing a career on Legendary and it's impossible, World Class is very hard work and Professional is too easy. Feels like the AI just cheats rather than them just being smarter, teleporting tackles and unrealistically physical. Anyone found some decent slider settings?

For a while I was having difficulty scoring on World Class which is what I played on in Fifa 11 (didn't play Fifa 12 very long). Lately I've found myself splitting games on world class so I'm happy with that. I don't want to win every game, I also want to have a chance at winning it, so for now I'll keep playing on that level.

Fifa 11 I scored like 80% of my goals off crosses through the box and score with the header or maybe a touch to kick. Fifa 13 I don't score off crosses very often at all, maybe corner kicks...but usually through creating space in/near the box and taking the shot.

I should sell this guy, but his name is Mahboob, so I might have to keep him for the novelty factor.

1L1c6.png

AlexBasch

(Talking about online)

This is definitely the Fifa where I feel your effort, no matter how good it is, doesn't matter in most games. 9 out of 10 are Real Madrid players who abuse of CR and Benzema. Ping-pong passing and what not.
This is the only Fifa where I definitely won't care about my DNF. I won't stand this shit. Online matches have become a joke.
Air balls with a tall player are almost non-stoppable. I'm fucking tired of playing against PSG at this point too. :|

Is there any way to gift away cards? I don't give a crap about the FUT bullshit. It's too complicated, but I have gold cards and maybe someone can use them.

kaizoku

So yeh guess I will stick with Milito and Cavani as my strike pairing, bit annoyed with my defence though. My once awesome midfield has seemed very lacklustre recently, very annoying.

A5q_0-lCIAIAEjq.jpg

SumGamer

Unlucky? Falcao is amazing! Best player I've had was Terry followed by Lewandowski and berbatov, never had an amazing player.

He's the only card over 80 that I got from pack. From around 30 packs. I'm not gonna base my luck on a single card that has sub 50K resell value. He's a great finisher tho.

Feeling like I should start building my 2nd team now that my German/Bundesliga team is pretty much as good as it can get.

I wonder what the best possible pace team looks like. I'd like to be on the other side of that battle for once.

kaizoku

I don't understand why I sometimes kick ass and I sometimes can't even pass the ball in my own half. What could possibly be going wrong and what can I do about it?

If you change formation mid game does it screw up your chemistry?

Robso

There may be someone else, but I'm managing Porto and Belgium. Qualified for the "World Championship" but I'm still only in October 2013 so a ways out yet.

If you previously mentioned about it, it probably was you.

Can you pick your squads for each match from the national pool?

Also, can you receive reports on how players are doing at their respective clubs if you can indeed choose the squad yourself?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I don't understand why I sometimes kick ass and I sometimes can't even pass the ball in my own half. What could possibly be going wrong and what can I do about it?

If you change formation mid game does it screw up your chemistry?

Do you believe in fifa momentum/scripting?

kaizoku

Do you believe in fifa momentum/scripting?

As far as I'm concerned its a stone cold fact. The existence of wooly things like chemistry and fucking gameplay sliders that adjust everything from how much your players run to how accurate their passes are proves that these things can be manipulated.

I don't know what the fuck is going on today. I think I might be fed up of the one on one stuff already, I am so fucking angry with it and I'm just not enjoying myself. Not with ultimate team anyway where I have just the one team that's stuck in its formation and is full of people boosting their players into super humans.

Before today I'd lost only 3 games of UT from 30 odd games. today I lost about 11 games and won about 5 and that's after my team has gotten better and better. Maybe I'm having an off day but that goes out the window when you're kicking off and your guys can't even pass or control simple passes and your midfielders with high/high work rates can't be bothered running.

In my last few games I literally can't tackle anyone and when I do it bounces back to one of theirs or goes out. I commit fouls and get yellow cards for absolutely nothing. One game I had 6 yellow cards and I swear I couldn't even make a tackle cos I couldn't get close! The ref was just calling me up whenever they banged into me with their super fast super strong mutants. Attackers just run in a straight line and my defence gets out of the way and lines up behind him. And omfg the player select has been kicking my ass today.

My results today include wins of 8-4, 7-1, 6-2 and losses of 6-4, 6-2, 5-4 - all in one days play. It's absolutely mental right now, as arcadey as you can get. I'd rather play 4/4.5 star seasons with real teams and put up with the scripting in that environment where I can adjust things properly and don't have to deal with monster players.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

I moved the cpu sliders around and it seems to help.

I put the shot and pass error up a little to combat the ping pong passing. I made the shots and passes slower for the same reason. I also moved the acceleration down a touch, the first touch error up and moved all the defensive lines up to give everyone on the pitch more room.

For the most part it seems to have stopped the problem of teams suddenly turning into the Harlem Globetrotters on a moments notice. They now miss passes, miss some shots, make mistakes etc. I don't know if it's actually doing anything but it seems better.

adelante

As far as I'm concerned its a stone cold fact. The existence of wooly things like chemistry and fucking gameplay sliders that adjust everything from how much your players run to how accurate their passes are proves that these things can be manipulated.

Before they were made accessible, sliders have always existed as backend parameters for devs to tweak; fixes or changes can be dispatched without a need for an official patch (an example is Match Day-affecting stats). As for momentum/scripting, make of this what you will:

Are Pro Player Intelligence and the new first touch system dynamic? Can a player's form or confidence be affected by their performance over the course of a match?

DR: We get asked about that a lot. Ultimately, there's no momentum, that's how our community and fans talk about it within the game. So if your team's doing badly, they don't start to play badly, or if your team's playing well, they don't start to play better. That concept doesn't exist in the game, ultimately because we want it to be down to your skill and abilities, and down to the attributes of the players on the pitch, rather than "oh, bad luck". The fact that, fans who believe that's in there get so passionately against it is like "yeah that's why we wouldn't put it in, because it would be a dumb idea".

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f...nd_kneeing_players_in_the_bum_in_fifa_13.html

I just find it humorous that I just played two Career Mode matches in a row. Dominated possession and shots and somehow come out with draws because my opponent scored equalizers in the 90'. It happens all the time.

Good thing I'm in a Player Career Mode so I could care less about the results of Southend United while I'm loaned there.

EDIT: Hapened again

sneaky77

every yr EA denies momentum.. and every yr playing online its noticeable that something changes sometimes between games where even a simple pass will not go to where you want it to go

kaizoku

every yr EA denies momentum.. and every yr playing online its noticeable that something changes sometimes between games where even a simple pass will not go to where you want it to go

Yeah it got so bad in the community that they conducted an official investigation to see if they had somehow done something accidentally which would manifest itself as scripting and they said they found nothing!

I think it's ridiculous how many times I am absolutely smashing someone, the guy clearly doesn't know how to play the game as well as me, then all of a sudden it switches, my guys suddenly don't want to defend or track runners, his guys are reacting to everything quicker and any tackles I do make go STRAIGHT to his guys. He doesn't even need to work for his goals.

For example I might be on ultra defensive trying to stave off pressure. I have 8 defenders in the box and the guy takes a long shot, keeper parries it into the box where it slowly rolls along the ground, I can't select anyone and no one reacts to this trickling ball except to get in each others way. The one attacker within 25 yards steams into the box and buries it. I am literally a passenger throughout because my guys aren't reacting to my controls!

On the flip side I might be attacking and play a pass to my strikers feet and his defender steamrolls through his back and intercepts! That's an example of AI involvement helping/hindering a player without us doing anything.

I would blame it on host advantage or lag but it happens offline too.

I can usually put up with it on seasons, you just have to learn when it's against you and take measures to weather the storm which usually works, but not on UT where players seem to become supermen.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Who is the best RW in the game? My UT is beastly but I think someone might be better than Palacio.

I need someone from serie A or la liga to pair in my 4-3-3 with

Tello - Falcao

Looking at Alexis but I want pace and strength.

Falcao isn't super fast but he's really powerful

kaizoku

So my last two games finished 4-4 and 6-0. Since the patch my results have been utterly ridiculous. I go from having advantage and boringly smashing teams to not having advantage and clawing my way to an absurd scoreline rage inducing defeat, neither scenario is particularly enjoyable.

Is this what UT is like for everyone? It's like a basketball game right now.

That 4-4 the guy was beating me 3-1 and I got a man sent off in the 70th minute then I get it back to 4-3 and he equalises late on. There's got to be some kind of scripting or momentum there.

Who is the best RW in the game? My UT is beastly but I think someone might be better than Palacio.

I need someone from serie A or la liga to pair in my 4-3-3 with

Tello - Falcao

Looking at Alexis but I want pace and strength.

Falcao isn't super fast but he's really powerful

I'd pick, Navas he's awesome for me, his crossing his unreal and he's only about 20k

kaizoku

Just had an amazing set of packs, got Nocerino, Kaka, David Luiz, Old Trafford, Man Utd kit, and best of all Cavani and Bale!

Tempted to stick bale in my serie A team and see how he does, I was tempted to do that anyway considering LM is a weak spot for me so well pleased with that.

Just had an amazing set of packs, got Nocerino, Kaka, David Luiz, Old Trafford, Man Utd kit, and best of all Cavani and Bale!

Tempted to stick bale in my serie A team and see how he does, I was tempted to do that anyway considering LM is a weak spot for me so well pleased with that.

I bought like 30 packs so far and the only player I got worth more than 300 coins was Hernandez. Damn this game.

kaizoku

I bought like 30 packs so far and the only player I got worth more than 300 coins was Hernandez. Damn this game.

I followed those up with Guiseppe Rossi.

Weird how all my luck came at once like that. Wonder how they actually determine how the rare cards are distributed.

Has anyone done a test to see if buying the same type of pack with real money or in-game coins makes a difference on what kind of cards you pull? Me think if EA is being really nasty, that they will save the better players for people paying real money to get them to fork more over, even if both players are buying the same type of pack.

Top Bottom