• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

brentech

I made a German league team. Got 100 chemistry with all yellow and a green line. I don't pay more than 350 for anyone. I started it because I had like 4 players already from it. I only have players that prefer 4-2-2-2 as well.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
What's the next area I should improve here?

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/478663/#.UIXZBJG9KSM

I reckon I sometimes get caught out at the back because I have 2 high/high CMs so maybe I should get a more defensive CM in, who would you go for? Will it make a tangible difference?

Anyone have experience with De Rossi or Pirlo? Who's going to be most likely to stop counter attacks tearing me apart?

Or maybe I should go for Yaya Toure to compliment Bale on the left there.

I was originally going to get Pato, Buffon or Di Natale next but my scorelines have been so insane that I might adopt a more defensive strategy, I don't exactly struggle to score goals.

Thoughts appreciated.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

I reckon I sometimes get caught out at the back because I have 2 high/high CMs so maybe I should get a more defensive CM in, who would you go for? Will it make a tangible difference?

Anyone have experience with De Rossi or Pirlo? Who's going to be most likely to stop counter attacks tearing me apart?

I was originally going to get Pato, Buffon or Di Natale next but my scorelines have been so insane that I might adopt a more defensive strategy, I don't exactly struggle to score goals.

Thoughts appreciated.

Samuel is really slow so maybe a better defender? CDM hmm maybe Biscuits? He's pretty cheap too since everyone hates him lol

Nice team though. Can't believe the Pace rating they gave Hamsik. THESE PEOPLE DONT WATCH GAMES

k0ji-wd

Thoughts appreciated.

You don't have a holding midfielder at all, especially in an open formation like 3412 Marchisio and Boateng are going to be really exposed. Your best options are Vidal/De Rossi (Vidal box to box, De Rossi stays back) or for a cheaper option, Zanetti/Gonzalez (Lazio). You can also switch Boateng up to the CF spot and replace Hamsik.

Also, get Bale outta there and replace him with Zuniga, his got high defensive work rates so will provide cover on the left and he's from Serie A so you'll get 9 chemistry.

Replace Samuel with Gamberini from Napoli, awesome defender and put him in the centre, get Chiellini on the side to provide a bit more pace there.

kaizoku

Samuel is really slow so maybe a better defender? CDM hmm maybe Biscuits? He's pretty cheap too since everyone hates him lol

Nice team though. Can't believe the Pace rating they gave Hamsik. THESE PEOPLE DONT WATCH GAMES

Busquetts wouldn't jive with my chemistry, Toure is only a consideration cos I have Bale on the left so the two of them should be able to muster some chemistry between them...maybe..plus he's a beast.

Thoughts appreciated.

I would say Campagnaro is a safe bet instead of Samuel. Also, you can replace Palacio with Maggio. Right now you pretty much have a striker as a RM.. Maggio is much better in terms of defending (46 for Palacio, 77 for Maggio) Hes also better at heading (64 for Palacio, 82 for Maggio). Plus he's still fast enough to get down the wing and send in a good ball. A big part of defending is being strong on the ball, and winning headers. A striker isn't good for that coming back.

kaizoku

You don't have a holding midfielder at all, especially in an open formation like 3412 Marchisio and Boateng are going to be really exposed. Your best options are Vidal/De Rossi (Vidal box to box, De Rossi stays back) or for a cheaper option, Zanetti/Gonzalez (Lazio). You can also switch Boateng up to the CF spot and replace Hamsik.

Also, get Bale outta there and replace him with Zuniga, his got high defensive work rates so will provide cover on the left and he's from Serie A so you'll get 9 chemistry.

Replace Samuel with Gamberini from Napoli, awesome defender and put him in the centre, get Chiellini on the side to provide a bit more pace there.

Yeh I have Vidal too, he also has high/high though so I'm still left exposed a lot. I love Boateng as a CM, he's amazing, all over the place and running the show, I went to great pains to convert him to a CM cos I wanted him in there specifically.

I'm experimenting with Bale, I've tried Lulic and Giovinco there and I find Bale has done pretty well despite the lower chem, my team is still 100 overall, just his personal chem is like 6 or 7, which I can live with if he delivers consistently. He's not bad defensively either.

On the right I do have Maggio as a back up for when I need more solidity on the flanks. Palacio is just my pacey option. I reckon all my problems come in the middle though, either my CMs not being there or being tired or switching off, whatever it is its usually through the middle.

De Rossi is looking likely, he's cheap as well, can be found for 9k. Probably a better fit for Pirlo who is the other main candidate.

Definitely interested in trying out these "overpowered" defenders, I hear good things about Diakite, anyone tried him? Apparently wins everything in the air. Astori, Acerbi, there's a few really. Will check out Gamberini too.

I can't sing Hamsik's praises enough, strong in the air, great shot, decent dribbling and passing, he's arguably my key performer, always pops up with important goals and assists. if I ever replace him it will have to be for a real powerhouse, Di Natale or Sneijder maybe.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Gamberini is good I use him as CB in my 4-3-3. He has 78 pace and is 90 in defending.

What kind of packs do you guys buy? I just buy the premium gold packs but I wonder if I can get any other players via Rare Packs. I just want Iniesta tbh. It'll be a bitch moving him to CM but I'll do it.

Damn, Marchisio's ratings are as good as his face. Had to pick him up since he was less than 8k

My new XI:

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#cFHVnEUgpal:360

The Dutch RW is killing my Chem but 97 is good and his pace is 94

brentech

Made 3000 coins selling CDM -> CM consumable. Almost more than any player I've sold, lol. I've got such shit in my gold packs and GameStop pre-order bonus packs. Ridiculous.

kaizoku

Gamberini is good I use him as CB in my 4-3-3. He has 78 pace and is 90 in defending.

What kind of packs do you guys buy? I just buy the premium gold packs but I wonder if I can get any other players via Rare Packs. I just want Iniesta tbh. It'll be a bitch moving him to CM but I'll do it.

Damn, Marchisio's ratings are as good as his face. Had to pick him up since he was less than 8k

My new XI:

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#cFHVnEUgpal:360

The Dutch RW is killing my Chem but 97 is good and his pace is 94

Tried Biabiany? 96 pace I think, RM/RW in serie a. You not like Palacio as a RW?

I buy premium packs though I should really stop. Will probably keep going til I get that packs achievement and tell myself I'm swapping out a few drinks.

Just got De Rossi as a CM for 7.5k :D love bargains.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Made 3000 coins selling CDM -> CM consumable. Almost more than any player I've sold, lol. I've got such shit in my gold packs and GameStop pre-order bonus packs. Ridiculous.

I'm selling fitness cards for like 2k. That is a good option too. My packs have been garbage too the only player of note I got was Torres who I sold for 43k to pay for Falcao. Contracts are an easy 300 or 400.

Tried Biabiany? 96 pace I think, RM/RW in serie a. You not like Palacio as a RW?

I buy premium packs though I should really stop. Will probably keep going til I get that packs achievement and tell myself I'm swapping out a few drinks.

Just got De Rossi as a CM for 7.5k :D love bargains.

Yep Marchisio was about the same price for me. Thanks for the Biabiny suggestion I'll check him out. Palacio is good but I got him in my first pack lol

brentech

I'm selling fitness cards for like 2k. That is a good option too. My packs have been garbage too the only player of note I got was Torres who I sold for 43k to pay for Falcao. Contracts are an easy 300 or 400.
I'll have to look what the fitness cards are going for on PS3, I have plenty of those and don't really use them at all.

Contract cards I use myself since I've had so many disconnects from EA servers screwing me over.

edit: just saw a team fitness card go for 2700 so I'll get rid of some of those bad boys. Thanks for making me aware.

JLG-

Was getting bored with my EPL team and I had like 16000 coins in the bank and decided to throw together a Russian League squad. Only spent about 14,000.

HK1u0.png

I'm saving up for Emenike, Welliton and a LB. But until then i've been pairing up Martins with Chicharito, which is working out great. Both have 90 pace and Martins has a 5 star weak foot.

Also have Dzagoev and Danny on the bench. Not bad for 14000. Think i'm building a Mexican league squad next.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'll have to look what the fitness cards are going for on PS3, I have plenty of those and don't really use them at all.

Contract cards I use myself since I've had so many disconnects from EA servers screwing me over.

edit: just saw a team fitness card go for 2700 so I'll get rid of some of those bad boys. Thanks for making me aware.

The + attributes cards are good too. People think they are permanent lol

They only last for the following match iirc

I got a +10 attributes card I put up for 150 already at 1900. With 2 hours left lulz

iFootball

Not UT realted --> So awesome, someone just rage-quit on me because I tied on the 92~ min ... And I got the win!!! Thx pal!

JLG-

The + attributes cards are good too. People think they are permanent lol

They only last for the following match iirc

I got a +10 attributes card I put up for 150 already at 1900. With 2 hours left lulz

What the hell.. LOL.

I have a bunch of those cards. I never use them. About to throw them up on the market.

brentech

Just had a club fitness card go for 1800.
I don't really use any of these fitness or attribute cards so I'll be off loading those the next few days. Slowly put them on and made some revenue, lol. Probably still buy some Gold packs and hope for a bread winner.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah it is quite funny that great players sell for like 350 coins but that shit sells for 2k hahaha

My new team:

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#irCu5JIUpa6:360

Thanks for the tip Kaizoku. Biabiny only cost 2k. The RM > RW was only 1200 luckily. Had to get him out of my formation because at 4-3-3 he was more expensive and I wanted him NOW

Just need a 4-3-3 modifier card and I'll be at 100 again. 98 now but the kid is 96 pace god damn

Hmm I got Arsene Wenger in a gold pack and I switched to him from Chepo de la torre and my chem went up to 99. I guess it's because Biabiny is French

Was getting bored with my EPL team and I had like 16000 coins in the bank and decided to throw together a Russian League squad. Only spent about 14,000.

I'm saving up for Emenike, Welliton and a LB. But until then i've been pairing up Martins with Chicharito, which is working out great. Both have 90 pace and Martins has a 5 star weak foot.

Also have Dzagoev and Danny on the bench. Not bad for 14000. Think i'm building a Mexican league squad next.

I would go for criscito on the LB

brentech

I just landed Cech and another rare player card (that ain't worth much) in the same back.
At least that will fetch semi-decent coins.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just landed Cech and another rare player card (that ain't worth much) in the same back.
At least that will fetch semi-decent coins.

EPL players have the best returns. Sold Aaron Lennon for like 3200. Even silver players are easy to sell.

Fuck do the ea servers go down at 1am every couple days

smh

---Yep. Even the fucking web app is down

JLG-

Why do they always do maintenance during US peak time? It's barely 10 pm here and they always do maintenance at this time. smfh

kaizoku

Shiiiit, I've just used up all my squad slots including the last EASFC bought ones. . .time to sell some dudes :(

Can one player be in multiple squads? Would be nice to make a rotate squad and bring in my subs but I only have about 23 players so there would be some overlap. Save me swapping guys manually all the time!

JLG-

Can one player be in multiple squads? Would be nice to make a rotate squad and bring in my subs but I only have about 23 players so there would be some overlap. Save me swapping guys manually all the time!

Yeah you can have a player in multiple squads.

k0ji-wd

Yep, and this is why EA need to make it so we can apply multiple formations to the one player. . .I've had to buy multiples of one player before to fit him into different formations, it sucks ass.

I have two squads for Gold, so for Oktoberfest, my Brazilian squad is on the bench so they get the 'rest' and their fitness goes back up, and then my Brazilian squad has all my German players on the bench so their fitness goes up.

kaizoku

I have two squads for Gold, so for Oktoberfest, my Brazilian squad is on the bench so they get the 'rest' and their fitness goes back up, and then my Brazilian squad has all my German players on the bench so their fitness goes up.

oh they have to be benched to get fitness back, ok.

Anyone tried Pato? He's so expensive for his ratings comparative to similarly rated strikers. Should I take the plunge on him or save up for Di Natale?

oh they have to be benched to get fitness back, ok.

Anyone tried Pato? He's so expensive for his ratings comparative to similarly rated strikers. Should I take the plunge on him or save up for Di Natale?

I don't rate Pato personally. I've faced him quite a few times and I don't recall him scoring against me. I'd pick up Giovinco or Miccoli before him.

Keio

For a Finer World
They should block Real Madrid from Seasons online. I'm up against them 60% of the time.

Set your matching to "strict" and play with a 4,5 star team: problem solved.

I constantly play with Ajax (4 stars) and Newcastle (4,5 stars) with matching with national teams off - most of the time I end up having very good matches in Seasons. Some people try to abuse Anzhi, but if you set Eto'o to man mark and play with "Defensive" you'll be pretty well off.

SumGamer

The different of playing Falcao with 7 and 9 chemistry is massive. He's a goal machine now. Running for space trying to get a header, etc.

My 3-4-3 team, FUT gonna need some work, Cuenca doesn't seem to cut it. Might really save up for Navas.
Who should I replace Song with though? Right now he's out of position and once I switch Cuenca for Navas, he wont get 9 chemistry anyway.

So the only way to get 9 chemistry is either to
1. Have a player from the same team and get 3 boost.
2. Have two links between league or nationality(1.5 each)?

It's just strange that if I replace Ben Arfa(RW) with Pablo Hernandez(RM) both has 4 chemistry but the overall move up from 96 to 97 for no reason.

k0ji-wd

The different of playing Falcao with 7 and 9 chemistry is massive. He's a goal machine now. Running for space trying to get a header, etc.

My 3-4-3 team, FUT gonna need some work, Cuenca doesn't seem to cut it. Might really save up for Navas.
Who should I replace Song with though? Right now he's out of position and once I switch Cuenca for Navas, he wont get 9 chemistry anyway.

So the only way to get 9 chemistry is either to
1. Have a player from the same team and get 3 boost.
2. Have two links between league or nationality(1.5 each)?

It's just strange that if I replace Ben Arfa(RW) with Pablo Hernandez(RM) both has 4 chemistry but the overall move up from 96 to 97 for no reason.

4 for RW and 5 for RM is the correct in game chemistry in that team with one weak link. Sometimes it doesn't display properly in game unless you swap a player out to another position and back again.

But I can't even fathom playing someone with 5 chemistry. . .it'd do my head in lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I have a bunch of wingers that can fly but they can't shoot for shit, lol

I have Narsingh, Tello, Biayinbi, Atsu.

I'd go back to Palacio and James but they're too slow. I may just convert Muriel to RF then RW.

Any suggestions? I'd love Robben but he costs too much. Really need serie a or la liga wingers.

Is FUT having an issue? I show a shitload of cards as sold but I haven't gotten any money for them..
It's been wonky all week. I had a stack of 20 sold cards sitting in my trade pile that I couldn't remove via the web app, so I had to go on XBL to take care of them.

Meier

It's been wonky all week. I had a stack of 20 sold cards sitting in my trade pile that I couldn't remove via the web app, so I had to go on XBL to take care of them.

Interesting. Did you get your coins then at that point? I don't really follow all of the cards I have but I know for sure this Bayern kit that sold for 550 is new.

Interesting. Did you get your coins then at that point? I don't really follow all of the cards I have but I know for sure this Bayern kit that sold for 550 is new.
I'm pretty sure that I got paid for everything. It was just an issue of what was showing up in the trade pile.

I have a bunch of wingers that can fly but they can't shoot for shit, lol

I have Narsingh, Tello, Biayinbi, Atsu.

I'd go back to Palacio and James but they're too slow. I may just convert Muriel to RF then RW.

Any suggestions? I'd love Robben but he costs too much. Really need serie a or la liga wingers.

You can convert strikers to wingers? Is there a cf > rf card and vice versa? I might put Di Maria over to the left wing if that's possible...

On the wingers subject, Navas and Sanchez are your best options and cost 15-20k - I'd pick Navas because of his crossing ability and he's worked well for me. Feghouli from Valencia and Maggio are cheaper options but I've never used them so don't know how good they are.

Top Bottom