• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Robso

The same issue that happened with 12, I'm suffering in 13. I dominate, my opponent gets one chance, and scores.
I'm sure it's not my shooting at fault, as the keepers constantly pull off magnificent saves, like they're Superman.

Spoils the game.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Has anyone done a test to see if buying the same type of pack with real money or in-game coins makes a difference on what kind of cards you pull? Me think if EA is being really nasty, that they will save the better players for people paying real money to get them to fork more over, even if both players are buying the same type of pack.

Bought a bunch of gold packs and premium gold packs with real money and never really got anything worthwhile. Think the only card I got that I still use is Dzeko, and he's cheap as chips anyway. Also, I have gotten comparable or sometimes marginally better pulls from reward packs, so I doubt they're fudging it in favour of real payments.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I followed those up with Guiseppe Rossi.

Weird how all my luck came at once like that. Wonder how they actually determine how the rare cards are distributed.

Had 60k coins and after I bought Narsingh for 1500 I spent the rest on gold packs lol. Got Gundogan, Arsene Wenger, and a few other good players. Pretty cool you can buy gold packs with coins and not have to spend real money.

I love ultimate team so much.

---looked at the app I got Lennon, Quagliarella, Huddleston, Muslera, just a shit load of good players but no one I can see that is expensive other than Gundogan

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Has anyone done a test to see if buying the same type of pack with real money or in-game coins makes a difference on what kind of cards you pull? Me think if EA is being really nasty, that they will save the better players for people paying real money to get them to fork more over, even if both players are buying the same type of pack.

All my packs are bought with real money and today was the only time I got decent cards including fifa 12.

I suspect real money gets you more packs though so more chance of getting a good one.

My serie a team has evolved to serie a plus bale and Rossi, who both do pretty well.

I'd be careful about picking up players like Navas at this point for that price. . .come Dec/Jan his going to be 3-4k.

One of the downsides of having a good team at the start is the price can go down any moment. I got Neuer, Schweinsteger, and Ozil all for 35k and beyond and there's no telling how long those prices last. It will be nice when BPL players go down in price though, that league is pricey as hell.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Gamestop preorder pack seems to be out.

I got Giroud and a few nice players but nobody that costs a ton of money

I also got Arsene Wenger earlier. Does the manager make any difference apart from formation? atm I have a 4-3-3 Chepo de La Torre

I also got Arsene Wenger earlier. Does the manager make any difference apart from formation? atm I have a 4-3-3 Chepo de La Torre

Well, Wenger will give a French team an additional boost because he is also French. That French Connection, lol.

Just opened mine. What a surprise the best card I got was a squad fitness. Why can't I catch a break on this shit.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Just opened mine. What a surprise the best card I got was a squad fitness. Why can't I catch a break on this shit.

If you got lots of gold coins a premium pack is only 7500 coins.

What league is your main? I got mainly serie a and la liga. I can give you a good deal on 360 in a trade.

AA lol no my only French league dude is ospina the back up gk.

Most of my players are serie a should I get an Italian?

If you got lots of gold coins a premium pack is only 7500 coins.

What league is your main?
I got mainly serie a and la liga. I can give you a good deal on 360 in a trade.

AA lol no my only French league dude is ospina the back up gk.

Most of my players are serie a should I get an Italian?

Bundesliga. Want to start a BPL team but I need to get 100k+ built up to get a good squad together.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Bundesliga. Want to start a BPL team but I need to get 100k+ built up to get a good squad together.

lol I put Rafael up for 550 and he's already at 1400!

UTD fans lol

I got Mandzukic, Gundogan, Kiebling, and Makiadi

I'll give you a player for a 4-3-3 modifier card if you have it, of course they are around 3k. If you have some Serie a or la liga players let me know. I prefer those players that are in a 4-3-3

Gundogan = 80, CM, 4-4-1-1
Mandzukic = 82, ST, 4-3-3
Kiebling = 79, ST, 3-4-3
Makiadi = 75, CM, 3-4-2-1

I really only like Gundogan and Manzukic but the chemistry kills me. Narsing is my only non serie a/la liga player and that's because I needed a fast RW and his pace is 92

Let me know! I like Colombian players too regardless of league

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Robben is the best RW in the game haha

Damn he has 93 pace fuck, 92 dribbling, 85 shooting, 80 passing :O

240k tho lol. I'll take Narsingh or walcott for less than 5 percent of the price.

Got Narsingh for like 1500 lol

The new Dutch hotness, son

SQUADNEW.jpg

Just switched Guarin and the Spanish guy. Chem up to 95.

Mascot

Wow, that final Legendary dribbling skills challenge was a bit of a bitch. Finally beat it (even though I missed scoring a goal at the end) but HOLY FUCK the randomness of the fouling keeper and twelve-foot high gargantuan defender REALLY made this challenge a total bastard.

k0ji-wd

One of the downsides of having a good team at the start is the price can go down any moment. I got Neuer, Schweinsteger, and Ozil all for 35k and beyond and there's no telling how long those prices last. It will be nice when BPL players go down in price though, that league is pricey as hell.

Well, the safe bet is to offload those players before the January upgrades, re-activated 0 weight and TOTY cards come out.

Only silver cards are relatively safe from the price drops, though they'll still drop somewhat because of how many packs are going to get opened around upgrade time.

Mascot

Yeah it got so bad in the community that they conducted an official investigation to see if they had somehow done something accidentally which would manifest itself as scripting and they said they found nothing!

I think it's ridiculous how many times I am absolutely smashing someone, the guy clearly doesn't know how to play the game as well as me, then all of a sudden it switches, my guys suddenly don't want to defend or track runners, his guys are reacting to everything quicker and any tackles I do make go STRAIGHT to his guys. He doesn't even need to work for his goals.

For example I might be on ultra defensive trying to stave off pressure. I have 8 defenders in the box and the guy takes a long shot, keeper parries it into the box where it slowly rolls along the ground, I can't select anyone and no one reacts to this trickling ball except to get in each others way. The one attacker within 25 yards steams into the box and buries it. I am literally a passenger throughout because my guys aren't reacting to my controls!

On the flip side I might be attacking and play a pass to my strikers feet and his defender steamrolls through his back and intercepts! That's an example of AI involvement helping/hindering a player without us doing anything.

I would blame it on host advantage or lag but it happens offline too.

I can usually put up with it on seasons, you just have to learn when it's against you and take measures to weather the storm which usually works, but not on UT where players seem to become supermen.
Interesting that this happens for you in offline games too. I've always had these symptoms in online matches (and I'm convinced it's some fucked-up broken connection compensation algorithm bullshit that randomly heavily favours one side), but never offline.

Interesting that this type of thing is STILL a controversial subject six years on. I wonder how much old code gets recycled each year?

kaizoku

Interesting that this happens for you in offline games too. I've always had these symptoms in online matches (and I'm convinced it's some fucked-up broken connection compensation algorithm bullshit that randomly heavily favours one side), but never offline.

Interesting that this type of thing is STILL a controversial subject six years on. I wonder how much old code gets recycled each year?

do you ever play offline multiplayer?

Single player the AI will just decide its time to score and everyone turns into a monster dribbler, players run into space and they know exactly where your tackles will land etc.

multiplayer is just like online, sometimes one team gets a massive advantage from the start, sometimes it swings back and forth. I play with guys who I am regular better than, we're at least equal but every now and then we'll have a game where our team just can't perform and if one of us is smashing the other we just know that it isn't fair.

I probably play FIFA too much that I recognise when these things happen. I've considered what else it might be, fitness, formation etc etc.

I was beasting one guy yday, it was one of the easiest laid back games ever but I could only score one goal for ages. But there was no way he was getting back into this cos I was all over him and he couldn't read my moves at all. Then I score a 2nd goal and all of a sudden a switch flicks and he just dominates me for the rest of the game. Doesn't make sense, there were no subs or pauses for formation changes. How much of that was skill vs AI interference either in the first stage where I bossed it and 2nd where he had me scrambling?

kaizoku

What do mean by offline multiplayer? 1 vs 1 on the same console?

yep, or 2 vs 2 etc.

The game can make your guys screw up, go really slowly etc simple as that. Lag manifests itself in different ways, usually stuttering, and in my experience I rarely see lag give one team an advantage over the other. I reckon this problem is often mistaken for host advantage by people who only play online.

Keio

For a Finer World
What the hell is wrong with auction house atm?

Sold and bought some players but I can't do anything?
360 here

Same problem, I guess it's frozen at Completing... deals for everyone.

Regarding the "momentum", it seems that the game has some kind of random momentum thing going on. Last night I was being totally dominated by a player in Seasons who was playing West Ham, I couldn't get one pass completed to my Ajax players. I went to switch formation to 4-5-1 to get more play on the wings and suddenly the whole game started flowing. I was tempted to think it was my tactical genius, but more likely some internal momentum shift mechanic came into play.

I hate being paranoid about internal game mechanics. Same as chemistry 7 vs 9 for each player :p

alterno69

Banned
I think the different defensive, balanced etc stands are broken. Ultra offensive is basically an invitation to get raped, ultra defensive can work during 60 minutes and suddenly my midfield won't track back at all and i'm facinf 3 strikers with 2 defenders :s, i noticed it works better if you use the different stands since the begining of the match, if you switch late in the game it might fuck your team and cost you a game or make it way harder than it should be.

Still loving the game, i can usually read my opponent within the first 10-15 minutes of a match, by then i can tell if i'll win or lose.

I mainly play seasons with Cruz Azul, really love that they finally got matchmaking wright, Brasileirao teams are my kriptonyte, i think i've beat one and lost like 7 games against brazilian teams :(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
That is why I only play UT online, you can't pick a different formation. Only custom tactics I believe.

Also EA needs to get with the times and release an UT app for Android.

--I was picking Colombia but kept getting crushed by Portugal.

They are overpowered its bullshit

SumGamer

I just hate it so much when the other guy is trying to stop a short goal kick. It's not a big problem but it's annoying as hell. Personally, I'd hope people to have more decency than that. Especially the one with three IF in their team. Oh well :S

kaizoku

I just hate it so much when the other guy is trying to stop a short goal kick. It's not a big problem but it's annoying as hell. Personally, I'd hope people to have more decency than that. Especially the one with three IF in their team. Oh well :S

Your goalie can kick it to someone else other than the nearest man, aim at the full back, the other CB or even dink it to the wing, if you want a short pass there's no way one player can close you off from all options. Some guys will read you though so still a bit risky and sometimes your CB will take a dreadful touch.

kaizoku

That is why I only play UT online, you can't pick a different formation. Only custom tactics I believe.

Also EA needs to get with the times and release an UT app for Android.

--I was picking Colombia but kept getting crushed by Portugal.

They are overpowered its bullshit

You can change UT formations midgame, whether it helps or loses all your chemistry only EA knows! Is there a way to check chemistry midgame as you change stuff?

In a way it'd be nice to be able to adjust tactics, as that's a large part of the sport and sometimes playing 3 at the back against a 433 is impossible and you can't pick who you match up with. But I can see why it'd be annoying if chemistry just stayed as your original formation regardless

Burak_50

Neo Member

Gaf, I've got 35k to spend, just won the first division, who would you recommend for my first 11 ?

I almost feel like I just finished Fifa...

Meier

Just blew another 7,500 coins (out of my 7,600, lol) on a pack.. another absolute piece of shit pack. "Best" player was a rare 77 CB. Sigh, the rares you get are utter bullshit 99.99999% of the time.. only decent one I've received thus far was Ashley Young and I got like 15k for him.

Edit: Interesting, the guy I got was Felipe Santana from BVB.. I'm not familiar with him but he's apparently worth around 6k at least. We'll see if I can sell him or not. I bought Johan Cabaye for below market value but can't unload him at all.

brentech

Can anyone tell me how to prevent my players to tackle by themselves? Is it specific to any tactic?
Ones your controlling?
Only instance that they've ever attempted a tackle when I didn't initiate one is a shot attempt or fake shot. The player regardless of your input if nearby will make a lunge to block the ball.
Sometimes it can really screw up the positioning your trying to get to.

SumGamer

Ones your controlling?
Only instance that they've ever attempted a tackle when I didn't initiate one is a shot attempt or fake shot. The player regardless of your input if nearby will make a lunge to block the ball.
Sometimes it can really screw up the positioning your trying to get to.

All of them. I'm trying to think if the one I'm not controlling tackled because I used CPU pressure quite often.

brentech

damn that sucks I didn't know. I wish you would have to stick to that 1 formation

It sucks they only let you have 50 consumables too. Also only 30 in the trade pile is not enough. Come on EA I want to give you my money but you're not helping!

I just want to finish an ultimate team match and not be disconnected from EA servers. Not even playing online matches, but the EA serves drop me and I lose a contract for all the players. Luckily it doesn't turn the match into a loss as well.

damn that sucks I didn't know. I wish you would have to stick to that 1 formation

It sucks they only let you have 50 consumables too. Also only 30 in the trade pile is not enough. Come on EA I want to give you my money but you're not helping!
You can upgrade the size of those via the EASFC menu, can't you?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just want to finish an ultimate team match and not be disconnected from EA servers. Not even playing online matches, but the EA serves drop me and I lose a contract for all the players. Luckily it doesn't turn the match into a loss as well.

Yep. I was knocking out the cpu tournaments the other night and it died in the cup final on me. The computer is terrible unless you play legendary. Still feels good beating them 12-0 on semi pro lol

You can upgrade the size of those via the EASFC menu, can't you?

For real? The one year I need a fucking manual and I get nothing lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah, just go to the EASFC menu and the top menu item is the store or whatever it's called. You can use your EA points and buy upgrades along with a bunch of other stuff whenever you level up.

Damn. I got like 8000 of those coins lol

Thanks though I'll def check it out. I've only bought goal celebrations so far.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Trying to make the most out of Falcao from my minimum budget. http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#fHs2g5EnnHPWU:ps3
Completely untested. Have a feeling that I should get chemistry up to at least 95 before trying. Also very confused of why Campagnaro doesn't get chemistry boost playing alongside Coloccini. Did they change the way chemistry work in 13?

That's a pretty good squad. Also they are getting a boost because the line is orange. For it to be green they have to be in the same League. If they werent both Argentine the line would be red.

Most Colombian players are in Italy so I have to buy Italians in Serie A to keep my chem up. What sucks is that I want Chiellini and Marchisio but dey expensive

Top Bottom