• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Anyone using KP Boateng on their squad? Think he's worth it for ~22k coins?

I think 22k is actually really cheap for him, the average is closer to 30k on xbox.

I have him as CM and he is great, fast, powerul on the ground and in the air, good passing, dribbling, shot and good defensively. Just an all round beast. It seems like he's one of the higher rated players amongst the community for those who use him.

I'm building my midfield around him. A CAM->CM card is stupid though, like 7-8k! But getting KPB for 22k makes up for that!

Pachimari

But I spent real money on packs? How much are the? And they are random? Or how can one save up for certain players? Sorry for all the questions but I'm about to head out buy it maybe.

I think 22k is actually really cheap for him, the average is closer to 30k on xbox.

I have him as CM and he is great, fast, powerul on the ground and in the air, good passing, dribbling, shot and good defensively. Just an all round beast. It seems like he's one of the higher rated players amongst the community for those who use him.

I'm building my midfield around him. A CAM->CM card is stupid though, like 7-8k! But getting KPB for 22k makes up for that!

Awesome. I'm going to put him in my CAM rotation with Pastore and Palacio.

But I spent real money on packs? How much are the? And they are random? Or how can one save up for certain players? Sorry for all the questions but I'm about to head out buy it maybe.

Ultimate team comes as a game mode for FIFA 13. You aren't required to spend any additional money other than what you paid for the disk.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
You can convert strikers to wingers? Is there a cf > rf card and vice versa? I might put Di Maria over to the left wing if that's possible...

On the wingers subject, Navas and Sanchez are your best options and cost 15-20k - I'd pick Navas because of his crossing ability and he's worked well for me. Feghouli from Valencia and Maggio are cheaper options but I've never used them so don't know how good they are.

Yeah I think I'll get Sanchez that's a good call. My centerpiece is Falcao and la liga chem will help.

Pretty sure you can go LM > LW > LF > CF > ST

some cards are rare but I use the web app for auctions as it is MUCH faster.

How is Ultimate Team?
And is there a mode where one can play with its own custom team against others? Like buying players.

Yes. I don't play regular seasons anymore. You can also wear your favorite teams kit and play in their stadium.

kaizoku

Is UT Trade Pile being weird for anyone? I see lots of items in there that I either sold a long time ago or don't remember selling, certainly not today, and when I remove items new ones keep appearing.

For awhile I thought maybe I'd been hacked but that doesn't seem to be the case, plus a hacker doing that would simply be giving me coins. I still have points etc and I don't see any notifications where my account has opened lots of Premium packs.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Is UT Trade Pile being weird for anyone? I see lots of items in there that I either sold a long time ago or don't remember selling, certainly not today, and when I remove items new ones keep appearing.

For awhile I thought maybe I'd been hacked but that doesn't seem to be the case, plus a hacker doing that would simply be giving me coins. I still have points etc and I don't see any notifications where my account has opened lots of Premium packs.

It started doing that shit last night after the servers came back up lol

longdi

Banned
Is it me or it has become even more impossible to defend online? my opponent who have ball possession will do their passing dribbling things and score...then my turn with the ball and i would do my own thang and score? i got no feel of defending, feels more scripted than seabass old PES....glad i bought this cheap from amazon.

SumGamer

Is it me or it has become even more impossible to defend online? my opponent who have ball possession will do their passing dribbling things and score...then my turn with the ball and i would do my own thang and score? i got no feel of defending, feels more scripted than seabass old PES....glad i bought this cheap from amazon.

I reckon it depend on you and your opponent play style. Once you can predict what the others gonna do then you can defend effectively.

kaizoku

I can't imagine my 3-4-1-2 formation ever playing out a 0-0 draw, attack is my only form of defence.

Play 5 at the back or a 4 who knows how to defend though and you won't feel the same when you struggle to get a shot on goal.

I reckon it depend on you and your opponent play style. Once you can predict what the others gonna do then you can defend effectively.

Agreed - I've been able to figure out certain players patterns over the course of the game. I usually only lose to those who adapt and switch things up mid-game (or lose to the usual FIFA gameplay carnival of stupidity).

longdi

Banned
I get that we need to anticipate passes and turns even more but still dont get the feeling im in control of my players. It comes down to holding back and back until you can spring for a mispass, but by that time my opponent is deep inside my half and any wrong tackle they are in for goal..something just feels off, my players AI dont react/defend like a team and i feel it is all about a 1v1 battle.

I get that we need to anticipate passes and turns even more but still dont get the feeling im in control of my players. It comes down to holding back and back until you can spring for a mispass, but by that time my opponent is deep inside my half and any wrong tackle they are in for goal..something just feels off, my players AI dont react/defend like a team and i feel it is all about a 1v1 battle.

From what I've seen if you choose defensive or ultra defensive it just makes your guys stay back more instead of trying to challenge people pushing the ball. It sets up players with 85+ shooting to take long shots and get lucky.

kaizoku

Sometimes you can feel overwhelmed, whether its a formation/momentum or purely a skill thing I don't know. Sometimes I can read what will happen and have no chance of making my guys stop it, particularly thanks to the player select.

I've started holding LT more to block the most dangerous passes and press RB to make someone close the ball, but this can have disastrous consequences and sometimes the LT jockey just lets the ball roll past. It's infuriating. In the last game I didn't bother hold LT, I just positioned myself and my guy would stretch for it, doesn't seem to work so well now.

Other times your defence will feel amazing and the other guys can't get out of their half.

And the rest of the time it will feel fairly equal as in if you defend well you will force an error to win the ball back or a bit of magic to open you up and that's the only time the game feels fun and satisfying.

kaizoku

De Rossi (and Boateng I guess) have transformed my midfield, I really noticed when I rested them that my backups were just bombing forward all the time leaving my 3 defenders completely exposed. Just won 6 games in a row in div 1, just need 2 more points to win the title

Been an epic run of games, I've gone behind in every game and had a man sent off in the last 3 games and come back to win each one with 10 men. Absolutely heroic performances from Hamsik as CF.

3 games left to get 2 points. I bet I screw this up!

Spl1nter

Buy the Canadian National Team. And then build a real team when you have 195,000 left over.

Bought the Italian national team! Well a good part of it, de rossi, nocerino, marchisio, cassano and balzaretti.

First pack I bought with all my money I got Milito as well haha.

Cassano may be the best player bang for buck, 86 Overall for only 5000. All the Italian midfielders are great prices. Added Matri as well for nothing. Good cheap striker with speed and height, underrated. Abate seems to be selling for 25 000 so I still need to find a good RB.

kaizoku

Title won! Undefeated in div 1, mission accomplished. Shame there's no achievement for it.

My record now is 45-5-14 and about 10 of those losses came in a long run the other day when I was moaning my face off, something must've been up that day.

Koji, thanks for recommending Gamberini, he's been awesome for me, so strange seeing my CB chase guys like Suarez and Bent and actually give them a run for their money.

Do you win a gold pack every time you win the league or just the once?

Bought the Italian national team! Well a good part of it, de rossi, nocerino, marchisio, cassano and balzaretti.

First pack I bought with all my money I got Milito as well haha.

Cassano may be the best player bang for buck, 86 Overall for only 5000. All the Italian midfielders are great prices. Added Matri as well for nothing. Good cheap striker with speed and height, underrated. Abate seems to be selling for 25 000 so I still need to find a good RB.
How much is Balotelli going for? Def worth grabbing.

brentech

Put my Cech card up for 1 hour listing, started it at 17k.
Still 18 min left and it's up to 30,250 bid. Best sell ever for me considering I watched other cards all day go for just 22k-25k.

brentech

Since selling Cech for 32k, I bought a few gold packs and got 4 more rare gold cards....only one prior to getting Cech and another in the same pack last night. Seems I hit a streak now.

JLG-

Russian League team complete!

fULsJ.png

I'm gonna head out buy FIFA today.

Do we buy players from each other or how do the transfer market work?

You use coins to buy the players or you get them from packs. You earn coins by simply playing games with your FUT, either doing seasons or entering tournaments. You can also sell off players for coins.

kaizoku

Opened a premium pack. My rares were a training coach, a milan kit, and a contract. My god this game despises me.

That's so harsh! I never buy packs with coins I earn btw, far too much effort for what you get. 7500 coins is worth more than whatever 150 FIFA coins cost in real money.

I just need to pace myself regarding the pack purchasing, but it is a bit of a rush buying packs and seeing what you get.

Pachimari

I hear chemistry is extremely important in FUT but what does it exactly do?
I know it's a good idea to line up players of the same nationality or league but what effect does it have?

kaizoku

I hear chemistry is extremely important in FUT but what does it exactly do?
I know it's a good idea to line up players of the same nationality or league but what effect does it have?

Positioning, organisation, runs off the ball and so on. The way I see it the understanding between them is better. they feel more fluid as well.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
That's so harsh! I never buy packs with coins I earn btw, far too much effort for what you get. 7500 coins is worth more than whatever 150 FIFA coins cost in real money.

I just need to pace myself regarding the pack purchasing, but it is a bit of a rush buying packs and seeing what you get.

Meh I got Joao Moutino and Ramires only using coins.

kaizoku

I need a good back up for De Rossi

Anyone used Gargano, Zanetti, Bradley etc? I hear good things about them as more defensive mids.

Vidal would be perfect if it wasn't for his High/High work rates. Need someone with a low attack work rate.

SumGamer

Don't understand how chemistry in this game work at all. Can someone point me to a good place that describe how chem works in FIFA13?

Here's my update on Falcao centric team: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#e4HcgYfCnHRpf:ps3

J4iP.jpeg

Saved up 19K then spend it on Navas(15.5K) and Tiote(2.3K). Then another 1.5K to convert both to the right position. The price for CDM >> CM is crazily fluctuated. I got mine for 800 but the one just before that went for 1900. Now it's really annoying that Navas don't get any boost from Falcao at all.

Ever since I switch to 3-4-3, Falcao is truly a beast. Love him so much now LOL.

kaizoku

Don't understand how chemistry in this game work at all. Can someone point me to a good place that describe how chem works in FIFA13?

Here's my update on Falcao centric team: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#e4HcgYfCnHRpf:ps3

J4iP.jpeg

Saved up 19K then spend it on Navas(15.5K) and Tiote(2.3K). Then another 1.5K to convert both to the right position. The price for CDM >> CM is crazily fluctuated. I got mine for 800 but the one just before that went for 1900. Now it's really annoying that Navas don't get any boost from Falcao at all.

Ever since I switch to 3-4-3, Falcao is truly a beast. Love him so much now LOL.

Chemistry is down to a few things, personal chemistry goes up if players are in their right formation with their proper position.

They get a further boost by the players around them, this is what the lines are. Connected players get a boost if players play in same league, are the same nationality or play for the same club. Satisfying one of these gets an orange line (small boost) and two is a green line (big boost) - but a 9 maxes them out anyway.

So sometimes moving the same players around on a pitch will connect the right players leading to a boost to overall team chemistry which maxes out at 100.

There will be more exact formulas for how many players need to be 9 for your team to reach 100 but I've told you all you need to know.

Relate players to each other.

Falcao and Navas get the same league boost, changing Navas position had no effect on that, it's an orange line regardless.

Falcao playing in Spain has no effect on your GK's chemistry so you could get creative with how you mix and match players.

Pachimari

Alright. I just popped in FIFA 13 for the first time but to my surprise I get this message:

"We're sorry but you are not permitted to register an Online Pass which is required to access all online features."

I really don't understand this, why is that??? =/

I played FIFA 10, 11 and 12 online all year.

Alright. I just popped in FIFA 13 for the first time but to my surprise I get this message:

"We're sorry but you are not permitted to register an Online Pass which is required to access all online features."

I really don't understand this, why is that??? =/

I played FIFA 10, 11 and 12 online all year.

That's happened to me a few times, just turn your console/pc off and on again and the game should act like normal

SumGamer

Chemistry is down to a few things, personal chemistry goes up if players are in their right formation with their proper position.

They get a further boost by the players around them, this is what the lines are. Connected players get a boost if players play in same league, are the same nationality or play for the same club. Satisfying one of these gets an orange line (small boost) and two is a green line (big boost) - but a 9 maxes them out anyway.

So sometimes moving the same players around on a pitch will connect the right players leading to a boost to overall team chemistry which maxes out at 100.

There will be more exact formulas for how many players need to be 9 for your team to reach 100 but I've told you all you need to know.

Relate players to each other.

Falcao playing in Spain has no effect on your GK's chemistry so you could get creative with how you mix and match players.

That's exactly what I understand.

Falcao and Navas get the same league boost, changing Navas position had no effect on that, it's an orange line regardless.

This is what I don't understand. Navas is playing to his formation which is 3-4-3 and I mod him to RW. So that should give him a 6 by himself. Then I put him next to Falcao. Falcao get the boost and he's up to 9 but Navas stays at 6. Shouldn't he be up to 7 since there's yellow line between him and Falcao? I don't remember there's direction in linking players.

I don't know what to tell you bud. I don't think anyone has found any sort of exact calculations for Individual Chemistry in Ultimate team. But if you look at Navas he is receiving no chemistry from either of the midfielders he links to. Falcao, on the other hand links up with both Wingers and the midfielders don't matter based on the formation you picked.

SumGamer

I don't know what to tell you bud. I don't think anyone has found any sort of exact calculations for Individual Chemistry in Ultimate team. But if you look at Navas he is receiving no chemistry from either of the midfielders he links to. Falcao, on the other hand links up with both Wingers and the midfielders don't matter based on the formation you picked.

It's strange that in Falcao case. He get 6 by himself then if I place Rodriguez in he's up to 7. When I place Navas in he turn 9.
If we assumed each yellow is worth 1.5 chem, Navas should get the same treatment and boosted up to 7.

So I would assume that nationality worth more than playing in the same league.

However, the second case between Coloccini and Campagnaro contradicted that. Despite both playing for Argentina, Campagnaro don't get any boost while Coloccini is up to 7.

I just cant really tell which player I'd pick to perfect the chem for all players at the current stage :-|
Maybe I should test all of this again to see if I misunderstood something. Or I might just leave it at this and assume that this is actually a bug.

kaizoku

It's strange that in Falcao case. He get 6 by himself then if I place Rodriguez in he's up to 7. When I place Navas in he turn 9.
If we assumed each yellow is worth 1.5 chem, Navas should get the same treatment and boosted up to 7.

So I would assume that nationality worth more than playing in the same league.

However, the second case between Coloccini and Campagnaro contradicted that. Despite both playing for Argentina, Campagnaro don't get any boost while Coloccini is up to 7.

I just cant really tell which player I'd pick to perfect the chem for all players at the current stage :-|
Maybe I should test all of this again to see if I misunderstood something. Or I might just leave it at this and assume that this is actually a bug.

There probably is a formula but you don't need it. Chemistry is inherently social and depends on a players links with other players, so his chemistry when you first stick him in is irrelevant as that gets tweaked by whoever you add around him, red lines may decrease chemistry as well.

Maybe that's why Navas gets lower because he has 2 red lines.

SumGamer

There probably is a formula but you don't need it. Chemistry is inherently social and depends on a players links with other players, so his chemistry when you first stick him in is irrelevant as that gets tweaked by whoever you add around him, red lines may decrease chemistry as well.

Maybe that's why Navas gets lower because he has 2 red lines.

I'll check that red line again, I was thinking if that's possible before. Maybe I should switch Tiote to Toulalan.

bud23

What about Schweinsteiger?I have Yaya Toure but he is slow as hell,I´m thinking replace him for Schweinsteiger,but I don't know if it worth. Anyone?

Top Bottom