• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Pachimari

Do anyone here want to play with me on PS3? I got nobody to play with. I just started Ultimate Team but we can try some matches and see how I fare?

My PSN is: Anastacio

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Another game where I'm 4-0 down inside the first 20 minutes, I don't understand how that works. It was the fucking cup final as well. All his players were zippy fast little shits and mine couldn't be bothered marking anyone or running back, and that's with De Rossi in there.

His CBs like Sakho and Koscielny were outpacing Gareth Bale and Palacio with ease, it wasn't even a race, I would be sprinting in front of them and within 5 strides they had the ball. 1 stride to catch up to me, 1 stride to tug me back, 1 stride to ease me off the ball and 1 to turn me and 1 to run away from me. Even when I had clear space to run into within a few strides some guy had bust a gut to make up 20 yards and somehow block a cross.

His guys were throwing and pushing mine around like rag dolls. At one point at a throw I just stopped and watched and my guys would try to find space, bang into his and flip around and crash to the ground while his guys just stood there like Hercules. These are strong guys like Cavani, Boateng, Bale, de Rossi, Milito...

Before that I had won about 15 games in a row - no draws - with half those being in div 1. Then every now and then that happens. Absolute nonsense.

When that happens I need to just chill out and forget about it cos the game has decided I'm gonna lose.

Another game where I'm 4-0 down inside the first 20 minutes, I don't understand how that works. It was the fucking cup final as well. All his players were zippy fast little shits and mine couldn't be bothered marking anyone or running back, and that's with De Rossi in there.

His CBs like Sakho and Koscielny were outpacing Gareth Bale and Palacio with ease, it wasn't even a race, I would be sprinting in front of them and within 5 strides they had the ball. 1 stride to catch up to me, 1 stride to tug me back, 1 stride to ease me off the ball and 1 to turn me and 1 to run away from me. Even when I had clear space to run into within a few strides some guy had bust a gut to make up 20 yards and somehow block a cross.

His guys were throwing and pushing mine around like rag dolls. At one point at a throw I just stopped and watched and my guys would try to find space, bang into his and flip around and crash to the ground while his guys just stood there like Hercules. These are strong guys like Cavani, Boateng, Bale, de Rossi, Milito...

Before that I had won about 15 games in a row - no draws - with half those being in div 1. Then every now and then that happens. Absolute nonsense.

When that happens I need to just chill out and forget about it cos the game has decided I'm gonna lose.

Had a game like that last night. He just started bombing OTTTBs with his CBs and my defense kept fucking up and my keeper didn't make a save. Brought it back to 4-3 at the 70' mark. But then he scored a fluke goal and it ruined my comeback. I was miles better than the kid, I just had bad luck and couldn't adjust quick enough.

I think I must have made a tidy profit on Wednesday night, quite a few people but players up for stupid buy it now prices and I managed to swoop in and sell them on for 500 - 1k profit after the EA tax.

Do anyone here want to play with me on PS3? I got nobody to play with. I just started Ultimate Team but we can try some matches and see how I fare?

My PSN is: Anastacio

I added you on PSN dude

kaizoku

Had a game like that last night. He just started bombing OTTTBs with his CBs and my defense kept fucking up and my keeper didn't make a save. Brought it back to 4-3 at the 70' mark. But then he scored a fluke goal and it ruined my comeback. I was miles better than the kid, I just had bad luck and couldn't adjust quick enough.

Just had another joke of a game and conceded one of the stupidest goals ever, not from a glitch point of view or some kind of screwy input/AI mistake like passing to the wrong place, but just a wtf are you doing you imbecile bullshit fucker.

I had the ball on the left on the edge of his box trying to make some space for a cross. My guy was controlling like a drunk so I got tackled and he breaks on me. For some reason my midfield are all by the opposition penalty box so his midfield was pushed back. He only has 1 striker against my 3 defenders so I'm not in any immediate danger because my winger can catch his guy before his midfielders swamp my ass.

Except all my defenders have charged into his half and instead of stopping at the line to try and play him offside they keep going past the centre circle. So this striker is stood in his own half with no defenders between him and my goal so he can't even be played offside. Stupidest goal ever. I watched the stupid last defender marking him go from running back to cover him to suddenly changing his mind and sprinting in the opposite direction as if he was afraid his defender mates had gone partying without him. I hadn't pressed anything besides RT to try and catch his winger!

Major sigh.

The game quite often likes to fuck with people I think, my major gripe is not being given the correct defender on corners allowing the opponent a free header. Switching players at the wrong time is another issue I have.

JLG-

WTF is up with online seasons? After i play 1 game i can't play another one because of that stupid glitch where it loads the roster of your "support your club" instead of the correct roster for the team i'm using. I have to reboot the damn game every time i want to play.

Pachimari

I think I must have made a tidy profit on Wednesday night, quite a few people but players up for stupid buy it now prices and I managed to swoop in and sell them on for 500 - 1k profit after the EA tax.

I added you on PSN dude

Thanks for the game, we should play again.

I really don't suck at FIFA and have played it for years but my team chemistry still suck as I just started out.

I started off buying Carvalho and Varane for real cheap (like less than 500 each), so that I would have a solid defense and two players that know each other from Real Madrid. Though Chancellor totally demonstrated my defense suck ass, as I lost 5-0. I have also bought Rodrigo from Benfica as I like him and he's been real good for me. Then I also got Callejón as my attack duo would then be Spanish. A player I kept was a Portuguese midfielder in Adrien; I don't know who he is but he has been solid for me, and so have some of my Korean players. I'm now trying to get Antonio Adán for the goalkeeper position.

But I should really try find some chemistry..

SumGamer

I really don't suck at FIFA and have played it for years but my team chemistry still suck as I just started out.

I started off buying Carvalho and Varane for real cheap (like less than 500 each), so that I would have a solid defense and two players that know each other from Real Madrid. Though Chancellor totally demonstrated my defense suck ass, as I lost 5-0. I have also bought Rodrigo from Benfica as I like him and he's been real good for me. Then I also got Callejón as my attack duo would then be Spanish. A player I kept was a Portuguese midfielder in Adrien; I don't know who he is but he has been solid for me, and so have some of my Korean players. I'm now trying to get Antonio Adán for the goalkeeper position.

Which formation are you playing? Moutinho is a great and cheap Portuguese CM that might be useful for you.

I think Miranda would improve your defense when I had him he was solid, 3rd best in Liga BBVA imo. Also Nolito is a good player to link with Rodrigo. Both of them are two of the best cheap players I have came across and should do well for your team and add to your chemistry.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Is there something I'm missing about the TOTW challenge? As I understand it, the "active challenge" where you earn a coin bonus for beating them on a specific difficulty remains active until you beat them, right? I challenged the TOTW, chose ultimate difficulty for the 1000 coin bonus, lost the game 0-2, earned around 500 coins for the match. Challenged them again, still allowed to select a difficulty along with a coin bonus, drew the game 3-3, earned around 500 coins again. Finally, challenged them again, selected ultimate again with the 1000 coin bonus, won 1-0, earned a big fat ZERO coins! Did the game just glitch out or what? Challenge is now showing as completed in my hub so I guess the 1500 or so coins I should have earned is gone?

2352435-fifa13_2012_10_26_17_42_20_66_super.jpg

2352436-fifa13_2012_10_26_17_42_24_03_super.jpg

Mascot

Talking of FIFA fucking with people, I must have played 40 online matches over the past couple of days and EVERY. FUCKING. ONE. was under floodlights.
WTF Fifa, you dumb fucking broken game? Games under floodlights feel so much more sluggish than, say, in bright sun (all those three extra shadows per player, I guess) so it's been pretty fucking terrible.
I've tried resetting my router, picking different teams, uninstalling the game, powering down the Xbox at the wall... nothing makes a difference. Fucking game drives me mad, it really does.
Anyone else had this bullshit?

Talking of FIFA fucking with people, I must have played 40 online matches over the past couple of days and EVERY. FUCKING. ONE. was under floodlights.
WTF Fifa, you dumb fucking broken game? Games under floodlights feel so much more sluggish than, say, in bright sun (all those three extra shadows per player, I guess) so it's been pretty fucking terrible.
I've tried resetting my router, picking different teams, uninstalling the game, powering down the Xbox at the wall... nothing makes a difference. Fucking game drives me mad, it really does.
Anyone else had this bullshit?

I know that feeling, we get 9/10 games with rain. It's fucking ridiculous!

Mascot

The contrast problems are all the worse when the guy you're playing chose a dark grey football as his default.

EA don't help matters by lighting a lot of the sunny matches from the opposite side of the pitch, putting both teams in semi-silhouette.

Not that I've seen any sunny matches lately...

kaizoku

I prefer that to the games with the HUGE SHADOWS ON THE PITCH!

this is the most annoying shit, I have been tempted to adjust my tv settings to see if it helps.

I switched from San Siro (HUGE SHADOWS but lots of gaps) to Old Trafford which has like 1 inch shadows along the top but they're much darker (no gaps) so for throw ins or running down the line you often just lose all visibility in the top inch of the pitch.

Wembley has a pretty cool shadow shape that I didnt find so difficult.

Anyone found any good stadiums that have good morale boost plus no shadows?

this is the most annoying shit, I have been tempted to adjust my tv settings to see if it helps.

I switched from San Siro (HUGE SHADOWS but lots of gaps) to Old Trafford which has like 1 inch shadows along the top but they're much darker (no gaps) so for throw ins or running down the line you often just lose all visibility in the top inch of the pitch.

I've found Ethiad to be acceptable.

Mascot

I played on one of the US pitches a few days ago. It had faint NFL markings on the grass which was cool, but was in complete shadow except for a few bright spots. It looked ridiculous.

dalVlatko

Why is Raheem Sterling so expensive?

This is my first time playing ultimate team and I got him in a free pack and didn't think much of it but I checked his price and he goes for 130k!

Is he just one of the best silver players?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
wow Lewandowski is only around 4k. I want to make a bundesliga team.

Dammit Reus and Gotze cost too much. I got Ramires in a pack the other day but I don't want to sell him

I played on one of the US pitches a few days ago. It had faint NFL markings on the grass which was cool, but was in complete shadow except for a few bright spots. It looked ridiculous.

That is the Vancouver stadium I think.

Why is Raheem Sterling so expensive?

This is my first time playing ultimate team and I got him in a free pack and didn't think much of it but I checked his price and he goes for 130k!

Is he just one of the best silver players?

Good silver players are very expensive. Check out Barry Bannan

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

The Azteca is fine. The thumbnail image seems to indicate a shadow along the sideline, but I don't even remember noticing it after playing dozens of games in it.

So..I'm kind of new to Ultimate team.

Kinda of getting the grasp of it, but heres the thing...am I screwing up by making my team a group of guys I like? I mean I know it helps to use same nationality and league, and thats good for me, cause I'm making my team a full MLS/USA squad.

I have Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, Bradley, etc... Sadly, thier isnt TOO many gold US stars and even worse I think the highest rated US player is about an 83. I mean the best US strikers I can find are Eddie Johnson who is a 71, ALtidore who is a 75, etc.. all rate between 71-75.

I dropped like $20 bucks on packs of cards, got a TON of Italian stars so Im trying to make some money right now by sellign them off.
I wanna have fun, do good, and not be like the 10 teams in a row I faced loaded with Brazilian/Spain players. Seriously, if I have to get crushed by Vagnar Love anymore Im gonna freak out lol.

brentech

what is generations? I wasn't sure what it actually was.

Been receiving a few hate messages for being "defensive" with little extra details added on. The funny thing is when I look at the match stats, I have had more shots than them normally. On occasions the opponent has beaten me and they still send a message for, I think "you've ruined a good match by sending that"

One person actually had the cheek to call me a "defensive ****" at half time when it was 1-1 when he'd scored with his only shot and I had 5. Unfortunately when I was leading 2-1 I conceded an equaliser in the 90th min and it went to extra time where he scored the winning goal and time wasted for the last 20 mins of the match. I never time wasted when I was 2-1 up yet he still sends me a message at the end for being "defensive". Some people just want to cause trouble I suppose, he went into my block list.

His abuse was minor to the person who told me to go kill myself but what I wonder is what makes people so angry that they need to send hate messages to their opponents, even if they are the winner.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I remember when Barcelona had Eto'o I would get those kind of messages. People would be like 'you just sit back and run with Eto'o. YOU'RE SHIT!'

I have voice chat enabled only for friends

kaizoku

Been receiving a few hate messages for being "defensive" with little extra details added on. The funny thing is when I look at the match stats, I have had more shots than them normally. On occasions the opponent has beaten me and they still send a message for, I think "you've ruined a good match by sending that"

One person actually had the cheek to call me a "defensive ****" at half time when it was 1-1 when he'd scored with his only shot and I had 5. Unfortunately when I was leading 2-1 I conceded an equaliser in the 90th min and it went to extra time where he scored the winning goal and time wasted for the last 20 mins of the match. I never time wasted when I was 2-1 up yet he still sends me a message at the end for being "defensive". Some people just want to cause trouble I suppose, he went into my block list.

His abuse was minor to the person who told me to go kill myself but what I wonder is what makes people so angry that they need to send hate messages to their opponents, even if they are the winner.

do you play 5 defenders set to ultra defensive or something? If you did that and just squeezed the life out of the game and hit them on the break with long balls and pacey counter attacks I can see why people would send you hate mail. This tactic will be considered defensive and does mean your opponent will struggle to break you down and get shots off.

Do you generally have more possession?

I rarely see this on UT though so it's not been a concern for me, if anything my games are too stupidly high scoring.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
do you play 5 defenders set to ultra defensive or something? If you did that and just squeezed the life out of the game and hit them on the break with long balls and pacey counter attacks I can see why people would send you hate mail. This tactic will be considered defensive and does mean your opponent will struggle to break you down and get shots off.

Do you generally have more possession?

I rarely see this on UT though so it's not been a concern for me, if anything my games are too stupidly high scoring.

Yeah UT seems to have way cooler players than seasons. People are more likely to finish games even if you're blowing them out too

--Put Ramires up for 15k. I wanted to keep him but I rather open more packs

---edit 2: sold him for 15,750. Now I can redeem that for a couple of packs

--edit 3: got nothing but garbage in 2 gold packs lol

Mascot

Does anyone know why on earth the team selection screen in single player lets you see both team kits in their entirety (an excellent idea), yet the online version only shows the shirts by themselves (a fucking terrible idea)? I've lost count of the number of times that both team kits have blended together once the match starts and shorts and socks are factored in.
And how hard would it be to automatically ensure that goalkeeper's kits (and referee's kits, for fuck's sake) don't match the opposition's kit? It must be like three lines of code to deal with this.

enderep12

Neo Member
Yeah UT seems to have way cooler players than seasons. People are more likely to finish games even if you're blowing them out too

I guess thats because you lose your coin multiplier if you (rage-)quit...

I lost mine yesterday, just because I lost connection to the EA Servers and it was calculated as a loss and quit... That's a bummer... went from x1.25 to x0.8

Pachimari

Lol so annoying. I have done really well in seasons. With 5 matches left I had 11 points and I need 12 to succeed. I now have 1 match left and is still at 11 points... Ouch.

What the hell happened to me. I was either winning division 1 or getting close to the points needed and now I'm going on like 5 game losing streaks and barely holding onto division 2. Every team is just too fast and it's all through balls.

Top Bottom