• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 (360/PS3/PC) |OT| ITS NOT A RESKIN DAMNIT

What the fuck, is it just me or are goalkeepers in this game ridiculously good? I'm regularly hitting 15+ shots on target and coming away with 1/2 goals. When I check Match Ratings at full time, keeper is pretty much always 9.5 or higher. I've even had quite a few 10s.

For example, just lost 1-0 to Brentford. I had 16 shots on target, they had 2. Keeper rating of 10. So annoying.

Mascot

Okay, is I played a few matches again after waiting a week for the patch.

I'm selling this game ASAP. Seriously, don't do this to yourself guys. The game is worse than drugs.

Just sold mine. Got back what I paid for it which makes me feel a whole lot better - I'd have been very pissed off to have wasted money as well as time on this piece of dogshit.

I blame it on the transition to next-gen and the resultant dilution of resources, but really - EA should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for releasing such a lazy, buggy update with worse gameplay, worse graphics and all of last year's problems present and correct.

Guys help me out here please whats the nave of the guy that made the funny FIFA bug videos in the past? It had several episode and was funny as hell

What the fuuuuck? Bought Kagawa on the market in FUT and got some server problem. Now I lost 8000 gold, but got no player. Is this common?

EA better not change the momentum back to what it was like in 13 bc of all these people complaining about not being able to do hyper speed unrealistic turn anymore.

The game, while not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, is way closer to reality than 13 was. And for that I applaud EA.

I actually was going to pick up PES but I decided to just hold out and wait for whatever Konami release on PS4 next year so i can be blown away.

TL;DR Fifa is better and more realistic this year, if you dont like it just sell the game or crank up the sliders, theyre there for a reason.

Anyone got any tips for good PL players hovering around 80 overall? I got players around 80+ at most places now, but if I want a really significant upgrade I need to go up in the 20000 coin range.

Mascot

EA better not change the momentum back to what it was like in 13 bc of all these people complaining about not being able to do hyper speed unrealistic turn anymore.

The game, while not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, is way closer to reality than 13 was. And for that I applaud EA.

I actually was going to pick up PES but I decided to just hold out and wait for whatever Konami release on PS4 next year so i can be blown away.

TL;DR Fifa is better and more realistic this year, if you dont like it just sell the game or crank up the sliders, theyre there for a reason.
Sliders don't work online.

iFootball

Im with you bro!

Garret

Does anybody know if there's a way of changing the referee uniforms? Whenever I choose my hometown team I get the same colors on the referee... Thanks!

U2NUMB

I am a casual fan so I rented it last week to check it out from Redbox. Today I got an email that said this ..

"If you loved FIFA 14 and are planning on buying it (or if you already did), here's a treat for you:The FIFA Ultimate Team Ultimate Gift Pack with four gold items, including at least one player!* Start FIFA 14 Ultimate Team and enter this token code:"

So I have this code for the 360 and do not have a use for it. First to PM me gets it.

Taken

ZQQLANDER

Shout out to NeoSkull who gave me a great trade offer after systematically dismantling me in an online friendly.

Fifa players are so nice.

Eanan

Forget headed goals and 100% constant pressure... my new big issue with the game is player switching. It doesn't work half of the time and I do be there hammering lb, or sometimes it switches to a different player if your running to a loose ball, and im using manual switching. It also always seems to not want to switch when the opponent has crossed a ball in. Ive conceded lots of headed goals because the game wouldnt let me switch to a player to head the ball out.

So I'm enjoying the game but I'm bloody awful at 1v1. Not sure why. I can hold my own in the Pro Clubs mode but even there I try and shoot a bit too much haha.

What's the problem? Build-up? Just abuse close control and finesse shots.

not sure. I just can't finish some times. The finesse shots are no where near as bad as they were before patch. Also playing this game with a guest in seasons is infuriating! 2v1 just doesn't work when the person I am playing with always runs towards the ball so there is a massive gap in the defense every time!

Doing ultimate team single player ladder, really annoys me how can see different ai patterns and cheating levels due to every match being a different difficulty.
Such bullshit, at the end of the match all there players will have 70-80% fitness despite endless sprinting.

Maybe should just stick with manager mode like I normally do.

rvy

Banned
not sure. I just can't finish some times. The finesse shots are no where near as bad as they were before patch. Also playing this game with a guest in seasons is infuriating! 2v1 just doesn't work when the person I am playing with always runs towards the ball so there is a massive gap in the defense every time!

You guys are going for Believe FC on next-gen? I might get this thing used on next-gen to play with ya'll.

Dribbling round players feels so satisfying this year.

Not sure if its the engine improvements, but im noticing it a lot more now.

Has there been any news about next gen apart from the off-camera vids. It's been a few weeks since current gen release, so I thought they would have something for us to see for xbone or ps4. It's only a month or so out now, isn't it?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Forget headed goals and 100% constant pressure... my new big issue with the game is player switching. It doesn't work half of the time and I do be there hammering lb, or sometimes it switches to a different player if your running to a loose ball, and im using manual switching. It also always seems to not want to switch when the opponent has crossed a ball in. Ive conceded lots of headed goals because the game wouldnt let me switch to a player to head the ball out.
All of this happened to me last night. Very much considering selling this.

I don't even know why I'm doing this to myself anymore. What a POS of a game.

I thought they supposedly 'fixed' the lob through pass? Because all I score and all goals I concede are lob through super volleys.

newsguy

Guys. I need confirmation. Is team play no longer a game type online? For years my friends and I have bought Fifa exclusively to play this mode. We can't find it anywhere. Did they get rid of co op online???

Happened to too when using the right thumbstick. If the player was like to the left of me I still had to tilt it downwards to get control of him.

I'll be honest, I am enjoying the game overall - when it works well, it's a fantastic sports game.

I'm beginning to think there's really something dodgy regarding 45/90min goals though, specifically in UT.

Seems like I can struggle against an opponent and get to that marker relatively unscathed, yet as soon as stoppage time hits my defence begins to fail big time. I pretty much assume that I'm going to concede during these periods now.

Doesn't happen EVERY game, but often enough. Maybe I just suck :p

Mascot

I'll be honest, I am enjoying the game overall - when it works well, it's a fantastic sports game.

I'm beginning to think there's really something dodgy regarding 45/90min goals though, specifically in UT.

Seems like I can struggle against an opponent and get to that marker relatively unscathed, yet as soon as stoppage time hits my defence begins to fail big time. I pretty much assume that I'm going to concede during these periods now.

Doesn't happen EVERY game, but often enough. Maybe I just suck :p

45/90 min goals are legendary in FIFA. I guess it's EA's way of injecting false drama into proceedings.

So how's the menu lag in this one? I've been buying FIFA since FIFA 10 and it seems to get worse every year. 13 wasn't *quite* as bad as 12, but it was still awful (12 was a fucking joke that never should have gotten past beta testing). Some Googling leads me to believe menu lag is insane this year.

I've held off on buying it because the plan was to get it for my PS4, but if the menu lag is still bad (or even worse), I can't buy this shit anymore.

Eanan

I just can't take it anymore online. I have to trade this in.

I can feel myself getting a stroke or a heart attack if I play this any longer. Im winning most of my games, but not having fun. Its just far too easy to let the computer defend for you, and abuse lobbed through balls and chipped crosses this year.

I nearly smashed my controller (which I haven't done for years on fifa) when I conceded a injury time BS lobbed through ball goal.

sneaky77

Guys. I need confirmation. Is team play no longer a game type online? For years my friends and I have bought Fifa exclusively to play this mode. We can't find it anywhere. Did they get rid of co op online???

You can always make a 2 player pro club, or playing in the same console I guess you can have 2 players in online seasons

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I got this game for my dad who isn't too busy at the moment and wants to have something he can play on the PS3. I haven't owned a soccer game since World Cup 98 for PC, and even though I have played PES and FIFA games at friends' houses in the past years, actually teaching how to play to a newbie seems impossible with all the new changes. Are there any good resources out there to teach newcomers how to play FIFA? I own a Move controller btw, could it be potentially easier to play the game using the Move?

sneaky77

Guys, I got this game for my dad who isn't too busy at the moment and wants to have something he can play on the PS3. I haven't owned a soccer game since World Cup 98 for PC, and even though I have played PES and FIFA games at friends' houses in the past years, actually teaching how to play to a newbie seems impossible with all the new changes. Are there any good resources out there to teach newcomers how to play FIFA? I own a Move controller btw, could it be potentially easier to play the game using the Move?

There is a two button control option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HhL8eXSy7A

Its sad when you look at this compared to nba 2k14. The biggest sport in the world is still recreated so poorly.

Well EA is going to EA that's a given so while I am looking forward to it since I skipped the 360 version I don't expect to be fully blown out, I also think is easier to do 10 players at a time + AI of that vs the 22 players + respective AI, is just a launch title, hopefully next yr will bring more improvements.

mancan92

Banned
There is a two button control option

Well EA is going to EA that's a given so while I am looking forward to it since I skipped the 360 version I don't expect to be fully blown out, I also think is easier to do 10 players at a time + AI of that vs the 22 players + respective AI, is just a launch title, hopefully next yr will bring more improvements.

Its apparently fully featured. All modes etc.

But its disappointing that there isnt the anywhere near the same fidelity as Nba 2k14. Ive played it at eurogamer event and tbh it just didnt feel like a big leap.

THRILLH0

Banned
Why the hell am I being left out of almost every other game playing career mode?

Firstly, simming games is boring as all hell, and secondly, how am I supposed to achieve chances/goals targets if I'm playing 2/4 games?

Really sucks.

Linius

Still playing FIFA 13 but it seemed pointless to kick that thread for this question. But where are my replay videos at? I used to know where to find them but it seems EA overhauled the complete website and I can't find the 'my media' tab anywhere :(

EDIT

I finally found it trough the main EA website. But they say there's no recent activity and none of my videos are there. Please don't BS me EA, I've been uploading three goals over the last few days :/

Why the hell am I being left out of almost every other game playing career mode?

Firstly, simming games is boring as all hell, and secondly, how am I supposed to achieve chances/goals targets if I'm playing 2/4 games?

Really sucks.

This is one of the things that bugs me the most. You still can't come on as a sub. You either start or nothing. Come on, guys.

Also, the fouls, or lack of them, is becoming absolutely infuriating now that I've gone onto World Class (win every game 5-0 or more on any lower setting). Playing a Be A Pro season with Arsenal and I am the -only- person who can score. Ever. And I usually have to do so much dribbling back-and-forth to clear shooting space that it seems grossly unrealistic for the DM I'm playing as. Still, we're third in the league on 24 points after 18 matches (the fuck?) because the opposing teams seem unable to score either. I make at least three key passes every game, but the strikers either miss by a mile or this happens:

iUfSaN5T6HSMl.gif

It's often much more flagrant than that example, but that one just occurred. This happens at least once a match. In what universe is holding the striker's arm like that and clipping his feet not a foul? Call the foul and send him the fuck off or give me a 'dive' button.

It could also be a result of the offensive AI's poor pathmaking. The striker could easily run straight into that, but he keeps leaning into the defender. Either way, it makes playing the game distinctly unenjoyable.

I would love to have FIFA 13 back; I only bought 14 because I lost my copy of 13. Might go buy a used copy anyway.

Top Bottom