• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Hasney

My PSN FUT works, get servers not available still on PC. But you can't change your persona before you login so I have no idea whats going on.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This might be possible on next next NEXT gen, because god knows no current sport franchise allows this it seems:

Can you play co op career, with a friend against the computer? I know you can if he/she is physically present, but can you do it over THE INTERNET? Can me and my buddy pick a shitty struggling team like Manure, and then we play together and buy players in career mode?

The answer is most likely no. I know you can play this against other players but we just want to play career, without him having to actually come here.
If you have good upload and your friend doesn't mind the probable lag you could use the PS4's upcoming Shareplay.

Tak3n

Banned
I am presuming the starter cup is designed to make you feel good about your team

as with my lowly rubbish team in FUT I won every match in double digits, in fact when each match got to 10-0 I would just pass it around at the back to make time go quicker....

Also (I am hoping it is because it was the starter cup) you can score everytime if you hold RB and shoot which does a lob shot, just before the goalie comes into view as he is always off their lines

MbEeqmN.png

Sold some of my players and ended up with this. Shame my trial ran out now :/

Also added both Pro Clubs threads to the OP.

Hixx

I'm building a past and present SAFC team for UT.

I want to end up with:

Mignolet
??? - Evans - Vergini - van Aanholt
Rodwell - Alvarez - Henderson
Johnson - Welbeck - Giaccherini

I have the midfield, AJ and Evans. I want the rest by Tuesday and it will see me to Division 1 where I will build a top squad. Oh, as Jamie Redknapp would say: a top, TOP squad.

Hasney

Champion. Never pre-loaded a game before, usually buy the game day of release/after when I go digital.

From what the description says, we should have to take no further action and it'll download whenever it's ready as long as your PS4 is on standby.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So, I 100% CAN NOT purchase fifa points/backs on UK account if I purchase from US Store?

Hasney

So, I 100% CAN NOT purchase fifa points/backs on UK account if I purchase from US Store?

Nah. It'll take you to the store and then say it can't find any items. Unless EA has some black magic to allow you to give them money, every other game bought from the US store has done this.

Lashley

Nah. It'll take you to the store and then say it can't find any items. Unless EA has some black magic to allow you to give them money, every other game bought from the US store has done this.

Just wanted to clarify. I never buy packs.

Strider

So I haven't played fifa 14 in 3-4 months, but trying out the fifa 15 demo for the first time today...

It seems I noticed 3 things after my first 3 of games on the demo. Player agility/ball control is improved and the goalkeepers are also improved. Headers aren't as good though. I've only played 2 games so is this the way others feel and how the final game holds up (this game is early access on Xbox right with EA pass right?)

I was actually able to dribble around a defender and score with Dzeko for once lol In Fifa 14 players like that only scored on headers for me.

I just wanted to play a couple matches to check it out but I actually like those changes. Will probably buy it now.

Into

If you have good upload and your friend doesn't mind the probable lag you could use the PS4's upcoming Shareplay.

Huh.. thats actually something ive never even considered. So many sports games have career co op, but only through the use of someone being physically there to "move the controller" to my side so we both play.

Courage

This game is so janky. Barely tap the shot button, the ball flies. Goalies are useless. Defenders don't respond to the ball immediately.

They better be patching this.

Lashley

This game is so janky. Barely tap the shot button, the ball flies. Goalies are useless. Defenders don't respond to the ball immediately.

They better be patching this.

Weird, I find the game to be very smooth. I have no problems keeping my shots down either? GK's have been fantastic and all my defenders have been responsive

Courage

Weird, I find the game to be very smooth. I have no problems keeping my shots down either? GK's have been fantastic and all my defenders have been responsive

GKs fantastic? Really? I've conceded/scored so many goals where the goalie saves the ball and it slips through him into the goal, or the goalie has his back turned while he's trying to save it, or just not jumping for the save early enough.

Goalies are the worst part so far, and are making the game almost unplayable.

What southamerican leagues are in the game?
Copa libertadores?
who are the spanish comentaristas this time?

thanks.

Chile, Argentina and Colombia have their leagues in the game and there is no Libertadores or Brazilian league. I don't know who the commentators are this time though.

Messi

GKs fantastic? Really? I've conceded/scored so many goals where the goalie saves the ball and it slips through him into the goal, or the goalie has his back turned while he's trying to save it, or just not jumping for the save early enough.

Absolutely. Keepers are actually worse this year. Getting sick of them being off the line running back to save a ball and not actually diving.

Had a shot against me last night that was just above Casillas head and he didn't do anything and it just went straight in.

Ruining it for me.

receipts.gif

I've never had this happen. I know sometimes it happens because people talking about it on the net, but you must have it on Beginner settings if it you can score so many goals. I can barely score a goal or two on Semi-Pro. If I drop it down to Amateur I can go something like 2-5 goals per game. Goalies are hardcore in this game, I play on Semi-Pro because of this. In FIFA 14 my setting was almost always Pro, but goalies in 15 are so goddamn overpowered that my goal ratio on Pro difficulty is like 1 goal per 2, 3 games.

sneaky77

I only played the demo.. but I really wish EA figured a way to make the goals a little bigger in the game lol they feel so tiny

Hedrush

I bought FIFA 14 on PS+ for £17.99 and I seriously can't see any difference between that and the FIFA 15 demo. The demo was great but I really can't see much difference.

mellow

hm

wondering if anyone could help me

I'm buying a copy of FIFA 15 on the US PSN store (since it releases 3 days early)

that I'll play on my UK main account, I know there will be no issues with that, but I'm wondering if I'll have any problems purchasing ultimate team packs on my main account on the US copy? anyone know?

Played the six hour trial. It looks really good. It plays well. Manual is better than 14 I think, but it still doesn't feel completely manual.

Keepers can be absolutely atrocious at times. The amount of goals I've scored and conceded where the keeper is just standing still is ridiculous. Or they will stick there hands infront of their face and fall on their arse when all they need to do is stick their arm to the left or the right. I had a feeling these NEXT GEN KEEPERS would be glitchy for the first year and, it would seem, sadly, I'm correct.

The Premier League is really well done. Shame they don't have the refs' real faces. I thought they would have.

They've also not bothered with any real faces of the lower league sides. One or two wouldn't hurt surely?

Decent game overall. The fact that Tournaments are back in already means it's a huge improvement on 14.

I'll definitely be buying it, but I will also be keeping a very close eye on PES.

Courage

receipts.gif

I've never had this happen. I know sometimes it happens because people talking about it on the net, but you must have it on Beginner settings if it you can score so many goals. I can barely score a goal or two on Semi-Pro. If I drop it down to Amateur I can go something like 2-5 goals per game. Goalies are hardcore in this game, I play on Semi-Pro because of this. In FIFA 14 my setting was almost always Pro, but goalies in 15 are so goddamn overpowered that my goal ratio on Pro difficulty is like 1 goal per 2, 3 games.

Sounds like you're bad at the game. There's gifs in the demo thread and videos all over Youtube

hm

I'm buying a copy of FIFA 15 on the US PSN store (since it releases 3 days early)

that I'll play on my UK main account, I know there will be no issues with that, but I'm wondering if I'll have any problems purchasing ultimate team packs on my main account on the US copy? anyone know?

I will also be doing this, as far as I can tell we will not be able to buy packs. Something to do with when you play on your uk acount and try to add fifa points it won't recognise the store

NHale

Allegedly. It does say "expected" date.

I also preordered from the US but I don't have any tile on the XMB with the timer until unlock. Only on the library does that tile appear. Is this normal? Destiny didn't worked this way IRC.

hm

Unless they changed it (I believe MLB The Show now allows you to buy DLC "coins" from the EU Store even with a US copy of the game) if you buy the US version you can't use FUT Points to buy packs in-game with your UK account. Only via coins.

Hasney

I also preordered from the US but I don't have any tile on the XMB with the timer until unlock. Only on the library does that tile appear. Is this normal? Destiny didn't worked this way IRC.

Yeah, they haven't sorted out the icon yet or something. It just comes up with a cross as the graphic on the webstore, so I'm not worrying about it not turning up until the 22nd. Reckon this is how it will work with non-Sony published/promoted games.

AcridMeat

Banned
Did anyone get a chance to see which international teams are available? Is Hungary still there? I expect them to, but want to be sure.

Tainted

Can any Xbone / Early access peeps confirm you can now play singleplayer FA cup tournaments now ?

I used to play them all the time in lastgen FIFAs

Double D

So I plan on getting this for PS4, but I'm currently playing the Xbone access version. Does the Ultimate team stuff work across platforms? Like if I open packs or whatever on the Xbone will all that be in my PS4 version?

Holding onto these guys for now. Everyone but the in-forms I'll probably sell real soon to get high value out of. I mean, reus is already 200k that doesn't seem too sustainable.

AxEMy2N.jpg

Holding onto these guys for now. Everyone but the in-forms I'll probably sell real soon to get high value out of. I mean, reus is already 200k that doesn't seem too sustainable.

AxEMy2N.jpg

200K plus is very sustainable for Reus, at least for this week Dortmund lost this week and the only risk to you is him getting an IF. When the game releases this week I'm sure his price will be closer to 300K, sell next weekend.

Ed - Miranda scored last night so watch he doesn't get a SIF.

hm

I can only tell you about the NHL series, but if you have the US version you need a US account to access the in-game store.
It is probably going to be the same with FIFA.

Tak3n

Banned
Just did my first online game

Liverpool Vs Arsenal

Very disappointed in the lag, and I was totally dominated and the other player was just able to through ball me to death

Portugeezer

So I have 100 chemistry in this squad and almost 10 for every individual player (would be 10 once they get loyalty): http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/488442/

But take my CB's for example, they aren't actually linked although they still have 10 chem (after loyalty), so do the links between players actually matter (i.e. if everyone is linked is it better) or is it just the chemistry that matters.

Hasney

So I have 100 chemistry in this squad and almost 10 for every individual player (would be 10 once they get loyalty): http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/488442/

But take my CB's for example, they aren't actually linked although they still have 10 chem (after loyalty), so do the links between players actually matter (i.e. if everyone is linked is it better) or is it just the chemistry that matters.

Since FIFA 14, individual chemistry has mattered too. With Chemistry Styles, you can boost your players stats. Even the basic has a boost, it's just a small all round boost. However, if you look at the FIFA 14 chemistry styles, it shows what you can boost:

http://www.futhead.com/14/consumables/chemistrystyles/

Top Bottom