• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
There's no handicapping or scripting. It's all in your head.

There's people on Ultimate Team with 2,000 wins to 100 losses.

Um no, it's super blatant. There's ways to overcome it and switchit round but it's definitely a thing. How can you not feel when your players suddenly start playing like shit?

But the most clear example from my experience is my all gold UT with the best players in the world got absolutely destroyed by a Saudi arabian squad. It was like 5-0 at halftime.

Their tiny shrimps were faster, stronger, better in the air, couldn't be tackled and basically dominated me in every way.

Keep in mind I'm a good player, always in division one and never been relegated since that model was introduced.

Anyway after that I ditched my amazing gold team and made a team of silvers and 75s and I suddenly started beasting much better teams more easily where it was sometimes a battle before.

So having been on both ends, it's definitely some kind of handicap or scripting.

LegoArmo

I don't find most expensive players to be that much better than well chosen non rare golds, and I have been beaten many times by players a lot worse than me, especially in FIFA 14. I just think we play the game so much that the odd game where it seems like everything is going wrong will occur. I think it's a result of the first touch systems randomness, and passing errors brought on by over confidence.

Momentum might exist, if I feel a game is going south, I'll pass the ball around and keep possession for a bit, probably a placebo, but I feel like it boosts your players confidence, or something.

But I don't think I'm getting handicapped.

P.S. Saudis are ridiculous at this game, I'm scared to play them. Avoid late night games! Slight lag can play a big part too.

zychi

Banned
Where's the cheapest place to get Fifa 15 for ps4 in the US? Just played it for the first time in years, and 4 hours zoomed by. I really like the improvements.

Messi

What time will my USA x1 copy unlock. Thanks folks?

My trial ran out last night while I was 2-0 online. My Atletico vs Bayern. Some dude got a win he didn't deserve. I am not salty at all.

RulkezX

Well I cancelled my PS4 order and went pc, how there is enough players to be alert to play seasons / Fut all year and that it doesn't get ruined by cheaters.

Can't wait to play it tonight at 4 :)

Honome

I pre-ordered Fifa on PSN and already pre-downloaded it... The problem is that i can't stop playing the PES demo... I hope i still enjoy Fifa full game.

Hasney

I pre-ordered Fifa on PSN and already pre-downloaded it... The problem is that i can't stop playing the PES demo... I hope i still enjoy Fifa full game.

Yeah, new PES has that one more match addiction to it. I think it has a much better match engine, but everything else in FIFA is better unless they polished it up since last year. Think I might need both (and not PES in a Steam sale this year)!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
is Hong Kong the cheapest place for it on XB1 or just the earliest? I still need to grab the Xbone version.

Cheapest and earliest combined.

India is cheaper but it releases on the 26th along with Europe. Hong Kong seems to release along side North America.

I'd rathet pay a couple £ more to play 3 days earlier. :p

Cheapest and earliest combined.

India is cheaper but it releases on the 26th along with Europe. Hong Kong seems to release along side North America.

I'd rathet pay a couple £ more to play 3 days earlier. :p

cheers. I don't mind about the release date cause I have the PC version unlocking later and the PS4 one tomorrow morning haha.

I like that PES is now an arcade counterpart to FIFA. I don't enjoy it as much as fifa but at least it's fun this time around.

All it needs now is for a graphics overhaul, better Ui and we will have two fantastic football games every year.

Jack cw

I like that PES is now an arcade counterpart to FIFA. I don't enjoy it as much as fifa but at least it's fun this time around.

All it needs now is for a graphics overhaul, better Ui and we will have two fantastic football games every year.

Opinions and all but this post is so full of flaws...
FIFA is indeed more arcady and we dont need to talk about the visuals. The whole lighting, level of detail and player ID is worse than PES. The UI is absolute shit, but visually and from the gameplay, FIFA is inferior this time.

Honome

Yeah, new PES has that one more match addiction to it. I think it has a much better match engine, but everything else in FIFA is better unless they polished it up since last year. Think I might need both (and not PES in a Steam sale this year)!

Yes, Fifa is indeed much more polished and it's a more finished package but the AI were always the main problem for me. Fifa is amazing to play online against friends and full manual controls but playing against the CPU is really boring. Last year the games was less painful against the AI using sliders but i still could not play more than 3 games in a row before get bored.

In the other hand, PES is much more enjoyable to play alone and i can easily play 10 games in a row on the PES2015 demo.

Opinions and all but this post is so full of flaws...
FIFA is indeed more arcady and we dont need to talk about the visuals. The whole lighting, level of detail and player ID is worse than PES. The UI is absolute shit, but visually and from the gameplay, FIFA is inferior this time.

No way FIFA is more arcade. PES demo reminds me of the 90s arcades machines. You already said last year that PES 2014 lag was to emulate real football... FIFA is so superior in gameplay, graphics, animations...that there is no contest really. Another thing is this year´s PES 2015 will be at last playable.

zinder

So I just booted up origin with Korean VPN and it says that the game is available Sept 22nd 5:00pm. Is that based on my timezone? In which case that should be in 2 hours and 30 minutes, correct?

Out on friday, but that PES demo has put a major doubt in my head for the first time in 7-8 years!

PES just feels more tactically aware and feels more like real football, and is more fun than Fifa. The problem is the long time period between the Fifa and PES releases, which means I will get Fifa and decide later. I hope EA Sports have sorted out the shooting and goalkeepers for the full release as they were a joke in the demo!

zinder

I hope EA Sports have sorted out the shooting and goalkeepers for the full release as they were a joke in the demo!

From what I've seen, the shooting in early access was still stupid as hell. Smashing the ball into the goal was near impossible, it always ended up wide.

zinder

I feel the shooting is fine, shooting it wide happens..

Not when you are Messi 1v1 against the keeper... Finesse shots go in 10 times out of 10 while regular shots miss 5 out of 10. Just doesn't seem right to me. But I haven't played the full game myself so I shouldn't be judging it yet, it just looks like that watching on youtube.

Not when you are Messi 1v1 against the keeper... Finesse shots go in 10 times out of 10 while regular shots miss 5 out of 10. Just doesn't seem right to me. But I haven't played the full game myself so I shouldn't be judging it yet, it just looks like that watching on youtube.

It hasn't changed since the demo unfortunately, it just seems so random as to where a shot will end up even if you shoot the same way from the same spot each time.

From what I've seen, the shooting in early access was still stupid as hell. Smashing the ball into the goal was near impossible, it always ended up wide.

Pro Evo gives a sense of control and power when you shoot, but on Fifa it just seems random, but this has ALWAYS been the FIFA WAY.

Fifa gets so many things right and no doubt the online play will beat Konami's offering, but for pure single player gaming, Pro Evo seems to be the one to get this year. I may even just get both, although dedicating time to learning 2 football games is a bit OTT, especially with so many other games releases this year.

1. download/install this free vpn app
2. login using the username/password shown here: (box on the right)
3. connect to either vietnam or korean server
4. reload your origin library from the menu bar and fifa 15 will become available
5. finish the installation (assuming you already preloaded it), disconnect vpn and play

From iNvid in the PC Pro Clubs thread in case anyone wants to unlock early in exactly an hour.

zinder

Day 1 update on consoles

r2Y0oWJ.jpg

Goalkeeper and AI Positioning optimized - Day One purchase!

Who's to know if it's any good. I agree, I'm still getting it. But if you were actually basing your purchase of this game on the goalkeepers being "fixed". I wouldn't trust it just cause they did some "optimizations" to their AI. Who knows how comprehensive it was until it's played.

zinder

The game is available on Origin PC using Korean VPN right now. Just disconnect the VPN when you have started the game, everything works so far.

Top Bottom