• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Red Comet

Origin won't take my key, keeps saying an error occurred so it's on their end.

I keep getting a message saying my code is invalid. I got two codes, one for the game and the other for the 15 packs. It won't take my key for the game, but it accepted it for the packs. Do you guys think I'll get my packs even though they were redeemed before I had the game?

AcridMeat

Banned
I keep getting a message saying my code is invalid. I got two codes, one for the game and the other for the 15 packs. It won't take my key for the game, but it accepted it for the packs. Do you guys think I'll get my packs even though they were redeemed before I had the game?
Neither code worked for me, I talked to GMG and EA support, and after seeing this, I think it's best we just try in a couple days.

Sucks I really want to be able to pre load it.

I think you'll be okay with the packs code.

iJudged

Banned
Help me understand this, I got the EA access and I have 6 hour trial to play fifa? What happened to the 5 day thing? What do I need to do to play this game 5 days before it's release?

Red Comet

Neither code worked for me, I talked to GMG and EA support, and after seeing this, I think it's best we just try in a couple days.

Hmm, interesting. I was going to contact GMG, but it looks like everybody is having this problem. Weird that they will allow some of us to redeem the packs, but not the game itself. I really hope this gets resolved before release day so that we can preload.

Hixx

You tried clearing your cache or using a different browser? I'm getting on to the web app absolutely no problem...

jesu

Ugh caved in and played the early access, couldn't resist spending a fiver on packs.
This is going to cost me a fortune again, fuck you EA and your crack packs!

florin3k3

I know not a lot of people play the offline single player career modes, specifically the one where you make your own player, but ever since EA started including training modes like PES had in their games (you know, crossing, dribbling, finishing, etc) it bothers me that they don't implement them (at least optionally) into that mode. It seems like such an obvious fit, maybe as an in between seasons session to raise some extra stats, impress a club you want to move to or something.

I mean, I'm sure people who play that mode, with the behind the shoulder camera (BAL used to be my fav mode in PES a few years back) would enjoy that kind of thing. The idea is bringing one player from a lowly academy player to be the next super star, transfer to a big club, etc. It baffles me they don't figure it would improve the experience. I'd probably buy this game if it had something like that. I know it's kind of nerdy to say, but it's almost like an RPG experience within a footy game.

That would be awesome.
Whyarewenotfundingthis.gif

Phlebas

Banned
About 4 hours worth. Mode is the same, progression is the same, all that's new is you can change your freekick animation.

EA don't give a shit about Clubs.

They didn't manage to fuck it up somehow though then?

That'll be a relief since its the only mode I play.

BlindRage

So FIFA bros, I started the FIFA web app and only opened 1 packs, I got 10 still waiting to be opened they will be there when I get the game right? Only asking cause I wanna make sure I get some of the achievements related to fut

Red Comet

My key is working now, so you might want to try yours again. I'm preloading now.

Now as long as I get my 15 packs I'll be golden.

So FIFA bros, I started the FIFA web app and only opened 1 packs, I got 10 still waiting to be opened they will be there when I get the game right? Only asking cause I wanna make sure I get some of the achievements related to fut

Yeah they'll be there. Tbh though I'd open them, if you pack a TOTW 1 player they normally rise astronomically after 3 or 4 weeks, same can't be said of any other TOTW. You've also got all year to earn the achievement

NHale

Just preordered it on the PS4 using an US account. 47€ (with bank charges) compared to 70€ here in Portugal or 56€ imported from the UK and with the added bonus of getting 3 days earlier... And just to think that last generation 99% of my games were imported from UK.

The UK retailers need to get their shit together before people like me go 100% Canada/US Store.

By the way after preordering it wasn't supposed to create a tile on the PS4 XMB with the FIFA 14 logo and the timer until unlock?

I blew through my 6 hours on EA Access. Really wish they'd give us more time to play, like how it was with the Season Ticket.

Anyways, the game feels a lot better compared to 14. The AI on defense don't let you run around them anymore like they did last year, even on legendary. I've never been slide tackled so many times in and around the box. Also, I haven't drawn this many penalties in a 6 hour time period. Really liking the more aggressive AI. And, parking the bus is awesome.

BlindRage

Yeah they'll be there. Tbh though I'd open them, if you pack a TOTW 1 player they normally rise astronomically after 3 or 4 weeks, same can't be said of any other TOTW. You've also got all year to earn the achievement
Yeah I guess that makes more sense considering I'm preordering it anyway and that gives 40 packs, and you only need 20 for the achievement

Well I opened them all and got no one good, fml

GravyButt

Digging it. Never really played a Fifa game but now im hooked. I suck hard though. I always either shoot way over the net, or barely have enough power to get the ball rolling while shooting.

Only way I can score is drive the net and force goalie to confront me and lightly tap the ball in.

Any tips for an uber noob?

TsuWave

Digging it. Never really played a Fifa game but now im hooked. I suck hard though. I always either shoot way over the net, or barely have enough power to get the ball rolling while shooting.

Only way I can score is drive the net and force goalie to confront me and lightly tap the ball in.

Any tips for an uber noob?

i'm assuming you don't have a history of playing football/soccer games. erm, "1-2/pass and go" is a quick noob friendly way of opening defences up, if you're on playstation i think you gotta be holding L1 when you make the pass and upon passing the ball your player will make a forward run to which you can then pass the ball to again. its effective.

GravyButt

Well I have a good knowledge of soccer and can open the D up good. Only thing I have a problem with is shooting. Im not sure if its I hold the button to long or to short. Also, what is finesse shot or whatever its called?

Also whats the trick with corner kicks?

Like I said, I have good knowledge of soccer, just never played it in video game form so im not really sure the best ways, or tips n tricks.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well I have a good knowledge of soccer and can open the D up good. Only thing I have a problem with is shooting. Im not sure if its I hold the button to long or to short. Also, what is finesse shot or whatever its called?

Also whats the trick with corner kicks?

Like I said, I have good knowledge of soccer, just never played it in video game form so im not really sure the best ways, or tips n tricks.

R1/RB for finesse shot

Corners, just aim for a guy in the box, try and power it as much as you think he is far from you and hope for the best

Hold up to drill the corner, down to float it

Soccer games always seem so finicky when it comes to shooting. Even slight variations in how hard you press the button result in drastic changes, I find. It's hard to actually shoot perfectly in either FIFA or PES.

It's too bad soccer (which should be called football) doesn't lend itself to a mechanic like the skill stick from NHL, because it's fantastic.

No, not that, i meant once they give the same treatment to the bundesliga like they give now to the premier league. No offense here, premier league is cool and all that, but I need more to justify 60 bucks. Enjoy the game buddy!

I just want the proper bundesliga, something I can associate with. Currently, it feels more like a sum of program algorithm.

Bundesliga only consists of Bayern and Dortmund. No one cares about the other teams lol.

Neil_J_UK

Consider yourself lucky to have 6 hours, whilst UK users on PS4 have to wait until Friday. If i didn't already have some UK psn credit saved I would have bought the US store version.

Working fine here. Managed to get some great deals.

You've got 6 hours within that 5 days. Was exactly the same for Madden.

Nope! I just learned with my still not totally used up Madden NFL 15 trial that the trial lasts as long as you have yet to use it all up!

I played Fifa 15 trial for the first time earlier today, which is fucking amazing btw. Huge improvement over FIFA 14. You feel it right away in the movements of the players. After I got done with the first game, I thought to myself, "Wait, I never did use up all my Madden NFL 15 trial. I wonder if by some stroke of luck I still have some access to that?"

I tried it, and it works! Xbox One just notified me that I had less than 5 hours remaining, but I can still play it. So, EA Access trials are literally not limited to the first 5 days before a game is released. They remain for as long as you haven't used your full 6 hours. I was amazed today when I found this out. I had no idea it worked like this. It was pretty much the only reason I wasn't occasionally playing Madden NFL 15. I thought I missed out on my trial time by not using it all before the game's release date.

Quick question to gauge interest levels: anyone in the Americas looking to form a club on PC? I wanted to join FC Believe, but their hours probably won't work in my time zone.

If there are enough folks interested on PC, we can put together a team with more suitable hours for folks on this side of the globe.

The gameplay is a major upgrade, but all the modes look and play the same as last year.

FUT is the only thing EA care about when it comes to FIFA and let's face it that really is money for old rope.

AcridMeat

Banned
Quick question to gauge interest levels: anyone in the Americas looking to form a club on PC? I wanted to join FC Believe, but their hours probably won't work in my time zone.

If there are enough folks interested on PC, we can put together a team with more suitable hours for folks on this side of the globe.
I'm on the west coast so I'd be happy to join. Will probably still try to play with the believers as well.

Into

This might be possible on next next NEXT gen, because god knows no current sport franchise allows this it seems:

Can you play co op career, with a friend against the computer? I know you can if he/she is physically present, but can you do it over THE INTERNET? Can me and my buddy pick a shitty struggling team like Manure, and then we play together and buy players in career mode?

The answer is most likely no. I know you can play this against other players but we just want to play career, without him having to actually come here.

Top Bottom