• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
PS4 demo overscanning or what? Edges almost off the screen...
Yeah, it's bugged. If you want to see everything you need to change the PS4 display settings to be at maximum overscan compensation instead of the correct setting for native 1080p on a 1080p display.

So, my first three matches (PS4 demo)

Match 1: 0-0, 10 shots on goal, many acrobatic saves

Match 2: 0-0, 11 shots on goal, many acrobatic saves

Match 3: Won 5-1. Most due to keeper stupidity

So basically, keeper goes God mode at will. This is why I never wanted them to overhaul the GK, they'd just send it into a more broken state.

Do you guys believe in the handicapping of high rated players on ultimate team? You can't even mention it anymore on the EA forums without being banned. There is done scripting involved when you play scrub teams imo

200K plus is very sustainable for Reus, at least for this week Dortmund lost this week and the only risk to you is him getting an IF. When the game releases this week I'm sure his price will be closer to 300K, sell next weekend.

Ed - Miranda scored last night so watch he doesn't get a SIF.

I would expect Reus to go down tbh since people pack binge on day 1. Also if players do get IFs their price normally goes up because of real life hype and the fact they won't be in packs for 1 week while the IF is in packs. I really doubt Miranda will get back to back IFs when his team conceded two goals.

Do you guys believe in the handicapping of high rated players on ultimate team? You can't even mention it anymore on the EA forums without being banned. There is done scripting involved when you play scrub teams imo

This has been discussed for years, I'm not even sure who to believe anymore, but I've always felt like some 'thing' happens just to make the game interesting for both players.

Ragus

Banned
Does Fifa 15 look and run as good on XO as on PC? Wanted to buy it on PC, but I'm getting XO soon and may be getting a download code for Fifa.

sneaky77

This has been discussed for years, I'm not even sure who to believe anymore, but I've always felt like some 'thing' happens just to make the game interesting for both players.

There's been talk of "momentum" in online play for years, EA has always denied it, but playing seasons and any kind of online mode you can def feel like sometimes your players IQ drops 100 pts between matches, or sometimes a run of matches, specially if you're close to getting a promotion is when I noticed it more.

There's been talk of "momentum" in online play for years, EA has always denied it, but playing seasons and any kind of online mode you can def feel like sometimes your players IQ drops 100 pts between matches, or sometimes a run of matches, specially if you're close to getting a promotion is when I noticed it more.

Yeah, it it was probably this I remember reading about as that describes how I've felt about the game tbh.

LegoArmo

There's no handicapping or scripting. It's all in your head.

There's people on Ultimate Team with 2,000 wins to 100 losses.

fenners

Still can't get into the webapp. A little annoyed at missing out on the early start bonuses etc :-/

Guess at this point, it'll magically start working once I log in with my retail copy on Tuesday.

Hasney

Where do you see this? I only get a release countdown
Xbone preload much better :(

Says it on the website, should happen automatically when it's live if you clicked download from the webbapp.

The XBone works exactly like other games have worked on PS4, it's just EA fannying about with it I think since Destiny was fine.

Tc91

I've got 2 questions;

If I buy this from the US store and use the game on my UK account, I can't buy FIFA points for UT packs for my UK account right?

and

If I buy it from the US store, can I play the game when it is released in the US on my UK account?

So, my first three matches (PS4 demo)

Match 1: 0-0, 10 shots on goal, many acrobatic saves

Match 2: 0-0, 11 shots on goal, many acrobatic saves

Match 3: Won 5-1. Most due to keeper stupidity

So basically, keeper goes God mode at will. This is why I never wanted them to overhaul the GK, they'd just send it into a more broken state.

Yep it seems like shots with less power he will make crazy save but powerful shots goalie wont even move even if the shot is really close.

I've got 2 questions;

If I buy this from the US store and use the game on my UK account, I can't buy FIFA points for UT packs for my UK account right?

and

If I buy it from the US store, can I play the game when it is released in the US on my UK account?

Yes and Yes.

Neil_J_UK

Oh my days. So I forgot that I had the season ticket last year and got an email to say it's been renewed, so decided to make the most of the discount and chance at early trading.

Topped up points on PS3, loaded up early access and transferred the points actoss to open on web app in preparation for PS4. Highlights were two IF Diego Costa's, IF Neymar, Falcao, Lewandowski, Rooney, plus some others. Never been so lucky in all my pack luck since UT started.

Genio88

Does Fifa 15 look and run as good on XO as on PC? Wanted to buy it on PC, but I'm getting XO soon and may be getting a download code for Fifa.

I played the demo on both my Xbox One ad gaming PC, on PC it looks slightly better, better antialiasing, definition, and also a bit smoother, but it's really a slight difference, the Xbox One version is pretty good, indeed in the end i prepurchased it on Xbone cause the overall online experience should be better, and i like to use the record that/upload studio combo in FIFA

The keepers are retarded in the demo. Like 50% of the time they try to save shots by sliding in front of the ball with the legs first! Looks so silly.

I would expect Reus to go down tbh since people pack binge on day 1. Also if players do get IFs their price normally goes up because of real life hype and the fact they won't be in packs for 1 week while the IF is in packs. I really doubt Miranda will get back to back IFs when his team conceded two goals.

Typically when the game comes out in EU on friday there's a brief period where prices come down on a lot of players since everyone wants coins. In FUT 14 I remember a guy on twitch getting a Ronaldo for like 800k around that time.

TehPabz

if my trial runs out does it work the same way as it did for madden? where i can purchase another month on my other account and activate it on my main for another 6 hours?

Typically when the game comes out in EU on friday there's a brief period where prices come down on a lot of players since everyone wants coins. In FUT 14 I remember a guy on twitch getting a Ronaldo for like 800k around that time.

Just to follow up on this my advice would be to build as much coin as you can and put it all into the best card you can afford. I'm hoping maybe I'll have enough for a Ribery or Robben on Friday.

double post but PC guys you can unlock it tomorrow at 4pm GMT with FlyVPN's free trial and connecting to the Korea or Vietnam servers. Just a heads up!

Tainted

You can, yes. No idea why they weren't in next gen FIFA 14.

Thanks very much :) Yes, it was a strange omission...EA's reasoning was that it wasn't popular enough to devote the time (ie FIFA 14 nextgen was rushed out for the new console launches)

I'm glad FIFA 15 seems to be the more feature complete version this time around

You can always get coins for players just depends how many you want.

Someone a couple of days ago sold Ruud Gullit for 1 million coins, if he would of waited a few weeks he would of been looking a 2-4 mil.

It's all about what you are happy to sell at.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Soundtrack is just so goooood. I don't know how they can get it right almost everytime. It just feels right for the game like FIFA.

Aye. They seem to nail it all the time. Every year a soundtrack list gets leaked, every year I go "who?" but within 6 months I discover new and great tunes.

Top Bottom