• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Hasney

I see, thanks. I guess i will wait another day or two then because i already have a team on the main account

It was easier with trade offers, but one thing you could do is buy packs on the US account, overprice them on the market and let your main account buy them. Then, to get the coins back, list a bronze player at a similar price and buy that back. you will lose coins in that method due to the fact EA takes a cut, but it's doable.

Becomes harder with the IF cards when you don't have the coins to overprice them though...

is there any way for us in the europe to play this today on pc? the official releasedate here is 26. sept, i cant wait that long :(

Yeah, use a US VPN to launch the game, then disconnect it when you're in game. Spotflux is probably easiest and free. https://www.spotflux.com/

It was easier with trade offers, but one thing you could do is buy packs on the US account, overprice them on the market and let your main account buy them. Then, to get the coins back, list a bronze player at a similar price and buy that back. you will lose coins in that method due to the fact EA takes a cut, but it's doable.

Becomes harder with the IF cards when you don't have the coins to overprice them though...

Yeah, use a US VPN to launch the game, then disconnect it when you're in game. Spotflux is probably easiest and free. https://www.spotflux.com/

I see, that is a method ofcourse, maybe i will do that and take the small loss :).. Last question. You can buy fifa fut packs with coins earned in games right? Or is that not possible even? That would make it a bit of a hassle, fifa points (the green things bought with real money) i'm okay with but the coins earned in matchers...

Facism

I have no idea how to equip skill moves on my pro. There's nothing in the catalogue, nothing in the stats, nothing anywhere :/

MauroNL

Anyone else getting 0 handball calls? Even though I've had in turned on in the demo all the time and now in the full game as well. Have yet to get a single handball call by the ref, even though replays clearly show a handball. Weird.

Ally1987

Thanks. ill check it out

Hasney

you can't trade cards at all now can you?

Nah, they got rid of it to try and get rid of the coin sellers.

Anyone else getting 0 handball calls? Even though I've had in turned on in the demo all the time and now in the full game as well. Have yet to get a single handball call by the ref, even though replays clearly show a handball. Weird.

I didn't even know handball was in the game, so news to me anyway! Maybe there's an intentional handball button combo like diving?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Nope, but you can still get coins over to a second account if you need too.

it was the cards from the free packs I was interested in more than owt else

if I did want to send coins, how would I do it and what would be the cost??

What modes do you guys usually play? This is my first year playing FIFA and have no interest in FUT. How are the Career/Player/Coach modes?

Double D

Is there an iOS companion app out for FUT 15? I got the 'FIFA Ultimate Team' app but that appears to be just it's own standalone game.

edit: iAmMaximus - have you tried FUT? If not, I highly recommend it. I ignored it for a long time because it seemed too daunting to deal with contracts, fitness, chemistry, etc. But I finally caved in and absolutely love it.

GoxRx

I own the pre-order edition on X1 but I don't know how to get the 15 free UT packs that were included.

Do I need a code or something?

Hasney

From Reddit: Errybody became goalkeeprs D:

IGcJaQK.jpg

Double D

I own the pre-order edition on X1 but I don't know how to get the 15 free UT packs that were included.

Do I need a code or something?

If it's like madden, they just might not be showing yet. Otherwise, you'll find them in the store under 'My Packs'. Also I believe the pre-order bonus packs roll out over time, so you won't have all 15 right away.

Is there an iOS companion app out for FUT 15? I got the 'FIFA Ultimate Team' app but that appears to be just it's own standalone game.

edit: iAmMaximus - have you tried FUT? If not, I highly recommend it. I ignored it for a long time because it seemed too daunting to deal with contracts, fitness, chemistry, etc. But I finally caved in and absolutely love it.

Tbh, I don't know too much about it. Isn't is all microtransactions?

Guys, what is this pitch wear thing that you can change in the settings before the match?

I don't know if it's just me or the pitch in the premier league stadiums look live and better than the other ones?

Hasney

Really? How do you get new packs?

Buy them with coins earned in the game, but I find it much better to be smart on the transfer market. Browse www.futhead.com to get an idea of players you want that are in your price range (prices should be added when there's a few weeks of data) and mark some targets. Just on free packs from the web app and buying Spanish players from the proceeds of selling my other guys, I've got this:

zkxgDUQ.png

Not out of this world, but competitive. Lot of pace down the wings, fairly pacy striker in Ruben Castro and a decent heading striker in Adruiz.

From there, I'll play a few single player seasons to grab some coins then I should have enough players for a second squad and not have to buy fitness cards again as I'll play online with my main squad until they're tired, then switch to the single player B-team. The starters from each team should be the subs/reserves of the other one to allow them to regain fitness.

From there, it'll be all about rolling the dice on packs or marking out upgrades on the transfer market.

GoxRx

1 pack a week will be added in game per week for 15 weeks.

If it's like madden, they just might not be showing yet. Otherwise, you'll find them in the store under 'My Packs'. Also I believe the pre-order bonus packs roll out over time, so you won't have all 15 right away.

I understand. The first time that I started UT, the game gave me one gold pack. That was the first of the 15 or everyone get one the first time?

Sorry for my stupid questions, I did not play FIFA 14 so I don't remember how this works

newsguy

I understand. The first time that I started UT, the game gave me one gold pack. That was the first of the 15 or everyone get one the first time?

Sorry for my stupid questions, I did not play FIFA 14 so I don't remember how this works

Probably first of 15.

Blablurn

Seems like keepers are pretty fast this year. Especially when they leave the goal. Dat Neuer effect. But maybe that's also a counter mesaure against lob pass spamming.

Seems like keepers are pretty fast this year. Especially when they leave the goal. Dat Neuer effect. But maybe that's also a counter mesaure against lob pass spamming.

Hoping they run directly to the ball. In past Fifas when to ball is coming from the sides, the keepers just run in a "L" fashion. It's so dumb.

Tc91

On your European account, you will not be able to buy FIFA points at all. You'd have to use your US account.

So to make sure,

I'm in the UK going to buy the game on my US account. I can still buy US fifa points to use for packs in UT but that will stay on my US account and you don't get banned for that kind of stuff?

GravyButt

So being a soccer noob i started playing as ne revolution in mls.

Ick.

I want to start a offline season. My buddy recommended i play as bayer munich in a german leauge. I sort of want to play in a british leauge tho. Who do you guys recommend? I like speed.

Man this game is addicting. Been playing on ea access. Should I go with xbox one or ps4? Are both the same?

Hasney

So to make sure,

I'm in the UK going to buy the game on my US account. I can still buy US fifa points to use for packs in UT but that will stay on my US account and you don't get banned for that kind of stuff?

Don't think you'll be banned. Can't see why they would since you can't now physically buy from your main account.

Blablurn

So being a soccer noob i started playing as ne revolution in mls.

Ick.

I want to start a offline season. My buddy recommended i play as bayer munich in a german leauge. I sort of want to play in a british leauge tho. Who do you guys recommend? I like speed.

Man this game is addicting. Been playing on ea access. Should I go with xbox one or ps4? Are both the same?

I heard this Bayern team is pretty good. I think you should stick to them.

According to what my friends told me they are pretty legit. Probably even the best team in the world.

MauroNL

Nah, they got rid of it to try and get rid of the coin sellers.

I didn't even know handball was in the game, so news to me anyway! Maybe there's an intentional handball button combo like diving?
It has been for years iirc, but it doesn't seem te work at all this year.

v1lla21

Handball is broken. I've seen two so far in the demo and they weren't called. Crowding the keeper while taking a corner works wonders for goals.

It sometimes worked in fifa13.

Top Bottom