• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

jesu

Did you buy it from the US store or elsewhere then download from the US marketplace?

I bought it from the US store and downloaded it from there.
When Early Access went live though I had to download it again, I don't know what region I had my settings at when that downloaded.

And that was the pre-ordered version btw.

adburns

For people playing release version:

Is normal league mode back this year? Not Master League, or whatever it is called in Fifa. The mode where you just play in a league without any transfers etc.

Thanks

Carlius

Banned
what are the biggest differences compared to 14 according to you?

i played 14 for 2 hours...never again touched it. i didnt like 14 and i was pissed we didnt get a next gen version of it, so i really didnt pay attention to it. so i am basically fresh off coming from 13.

Blablurn

i played 14 for 2 hours...never again touched it. i didnt like 14 and i was pissed we didnt get a next gen version of it, so i really didnt pay attention to it. so i am basically fresh off coming from 13.

It's funny cause I think they are very similar :lol

But I respect your opinion of course.

That's a workaround, not a fix. We shouldn't have to change anything in the PS4's settings to accommodate a single game. changing this can mess up the UI in other games

Yep, exactly and is hilarious, especially as the previous game did not have the issue.

The_Poet

Banned
Try disabling desktop composition. Find the .exe, go to properties and click it.

If not, the other workaround I used to use was alt+tab, kepping alt held down and then picking the game from the selection with the mouse.

The best solution is if your BIOS supports iGPU mode. Then you can enable that, plug the second monitor into your mainboard and your main GPU will take much less of a hit by the second monitor.

Cheers, I'll try those when I get home.

Fifa 14 wasnt like this and I cant remember if the demo was....

Gibbo

Stuff which i like so far

-the revamped team management screens.it has a real clean look to it, and the hexagon box stats display which has been used in PES is a nice introduction

-grass and soiled jerseys

-long shots are now pretty unpredictable. It is not easy to score from outside the box. I found myself ballooning quite a few of such attempts last evening.

sun-drop

EA keep perfecting ultimate team .. really is one of the best online modes in gaming ..

they've added loan players etc like madden has had , so thats cool. interface is snappy

seriously generous re returning UT players too ... fifa points can be transfered , gift packs ..yeh ... but yr fifa level comes over so all those coin bonus unlocks are right there from the get go, and bonus player loans etc .... end result is my starting UT squad is full gold before i have even added the loan guys

and yet another awesome fifa soundtrack ..every year man ...win

jesalr

Played a couple of friendlies (world-class) and the super human CPU is pissing me off already. They've always already closed down my player before the pass gets to him, while I can't make it within a yard of their player.

mf luder

Can anyone who's played the full game tell me how different it is from the demo? I don't play online much so mostly about single player.

Looks like there's still an issue with having Spanish language broadcast as the commentary language in ultimate team. I change it to Mexican Spanish in the menu but I still get English when I play an ultimate team match.

EA keep perfecting ultimate team .. really is one of the best online modes in gaming ..

seriously generous re returning UT players too

It's the only mode they even bother to refresh anymore, the gameplay this year is a major upgrade don't me wrong.

I can't say they are giving much value to returning players at all if you spend a grand on UT and play 1000 games you get the same reward as someone that spends 100 quid and plays 1000 games.

It's crazy that you can spend as much money as you want and one day it's worthless, because EA brings out a new game adds few bits and you are expected to give them more money!

Your choice of course you could just not spend fifa points I guess.....

Hasney

It's the only mode they even bother to refresh anymore, the gameplay this year is a major upgrade don't me wrong.

I can't say they are giving much value to returning players at all if you spend a grand on UT and play 1000 games you get the same reward as someone that spends 100 quid and plays 1000 games.

It's crazy that you can spend as much money as you want and one day it's worthless, because EA brings out a new game adds few bits and you are expected to give them more money!

Your choice of course you could just not spend fifa points I guess.....

Yup. I probably spent £20 last year, all while drunk and won division 1 online in FUT. The microtransactions are super optional.

EDIT: Aw, Jonathan Pereira is only 83 pace this year. I'll miss you, you cheap tactic silver card bastard.

Hasney

I got Messi on PC and got really excited then went to play a game and the guy I played had 7 loan players! I had a silver defence against Vidal, Pogba, Sterling, Bale, Neymar, Lewandowski! Fucking was awful.

Hasney

I got Messi on PC and got really excited then went to play a game and the guy I played had 7 loan players! I had a silver defence against Vidal, Pogba, Sterling, Bale, Neymar, Lewandowski! Fucking was awful.

I'm still stuck at work, so how do loan players work? Do you have to pay for them?

I'm still stuck at work, so how do loan players work? Do you have to pay for them?

with EASFC points. the ones you get for playing any mode. It just really put me off instantly. Will probably leave it a week until everyone has used them up. They only have a certain amount of games you can use them for.

Hasney

with EASFC points. the ones you get for playing any mode. It just really put me off instantly. Will probably leave it a week until everyone has used them up. They only have a certain amount of games you can use them for.

Ah, that's pretty lame. Might get one or two if I need to win to stay up/win the title or whatever, but I like the catalogue stuff.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is FIFA store down? Can't claim free pack(s)

also how much do loans cost?

dammit its took all my fucking easfc coins

Lashley

We meet again, Thomas

ByN_uUAIgAAQGs4.jpg:large

mellow

finally had some pack luck after years of getting trash on UT

pulled Robben in my first pack :)

my digital PS4 copy was extremely laggy, which seems to be somewhat common..I had to disable UPNP in my router settings to fix it which isn't ideal

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Stuff which i like so far

-long shots are now pretty unpredictable. It is not easy to score from outside the box. I found myself ballooning quite a few of such attempts last evening.

That seems to be the theme of this game.

stay gold

Just sold my Serie A team, so back to the drawing board.

I try to go with Serie A every year cos they're so cheap, but I can never get on with them :(

So if im going to download this game for the PS4 with a US account ( im dutch) I don't get the 15 packs on my main account, but i can buy packs on that main account and play the game on the main account. Is that correct?

newsguy

Kind of OT, but does anyone know if you buy the game online at best buy before the store opens if it's considered pre order? I want those $10

Hasney

So if im going to download this game for the PS4 with a US account ( im dutch) I don't get the 15 packs on my main account, but i can buy packs on that main account and play the game on the main account. Is that correct?

Yup. Just need to buy the packs using US currency, so Amazon voucher cards or so.

Yup. Just need to buy the packs using US currency, so Amazon voucher cards or so.

Wait.. how does that work, i play fut on my European PS4 account but i still need to buy with the US PSN cards?

Just wished they released the game worldwide :( Every year it's the same

Hasney

Wait.. how does that work, i play fut on my European PS4 account but i still need to buy with the US PSN cards?

Just wished they released the game worldwide :( Every year it's the same

On your European account, you will not be able to buy FIFA points at all. You'd have to use your US account.

how do you buy packs with amazon voucher codes?

I received 3 free packs btw and i used us psn method

Add the PSN credit then buy the points from in-game using your US account.

I was hoping that would be the case as it may have not been a pre-order bonus. FUT edition probably wouldn't have given extra cards since that was a purchase incentive, but glad the free ones might still come through (although I did get a bunch of free packs as a loyalty bonus, so hopefully they weren't those since that's account based).

On your European account, you will not be able to buy FIFA points at all. You'd have to use your US account.

I was hoping that would be the case as it may have not been a pre-order bonus. FUT edition probably wouldn't have given extra cards since that was a purchase incentive, but glad the free ones might still come through (although I did get a bunch of free packs as a loyalty bonus, so hopefully they weren't those since that's account based).
I see, thanks. I guess i will wait another day or two then because i already have a team on the main account

Lashley

so the points will be usable on my UK account?

Oh nevermind

did you try pairing Chambers with Kos?

aye im doing that now

Ally1987

is there any way for us in the europe to play this today on pc? the official releasedate here is 26. sept, i cant wait that long :(

Top Bottom