• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Hixx

Handball is broken. I've seen two so far in the demo and they weren't called. Crowding the keeper while taking a corner works wonders for goals.

It sometimes worked in fifa13.

Handball isn't on by default because it'd fucking suck tbh.

it was the cards from the free packs I was interested in more than owt else

if I did want to send coins, how would I do it and what would be the cost??

If you had 100K coins you needed on another account you would list a crappy bronze player for 100K (BIN) using the account you need the coins on, then with the old account just BIN for 100K and the coins will be transferred.

Portugeezer

Buy them with coins earned in the game, but I find it much better to be smart on the transfer market. Browse www.futhead.com to get an idea of players you want that are in your price range (prices should be added when there's a few weeks of data) and mark some targets.

I would suggest www.sofifa.com for this as you can search individual attributes. Some cheaper players might have what you need in the early game before you can afford the more expensive players.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If you had 100K coins you needed on another account you would list a crappy bronze player for 100K (BIN) using the account you need the coins on, then with the old account just BIN for 100K and the coins will be transferred.

simple enough

MauroNL

Has it? Damn. God knows how many hours I put into FIFA 14, I didn't see a single handball.
Well, you have to activate it first in the game settings > rules area. You can put on always handball or only handballs outside the box (so you won't concede cheap penalties)

If you want coins and don't give a shit about W/L ratio play online FUT seasons play and win up the league you are happywitn say 3 then just get relegated the coins you will get from going up then down... THEN UP will be damn nice you could be looking at 100k-150k coins.

Hasney

If you want coins and don't give a shit about W/L ratio play online FUT seasons play and win up the league you are happywitn say 3 then just get relegated the coins you will get from going up then down... THEN UP will be damn nice you could be looking at 100k-150k coins.

Aye, and have a quick browse of the single player seasons as some of them do have a nice coin boost if you have an eligible team.

Like I said earlier, single-player team and online team is great to just switch between and not worry about fitness.

akileese

Am I the only one that feels that this releasing in america first is a bit of a piss take?

It should be day and date at the very most.

UK releases always happen on Friday. They just happen to be Tuesday in the US (unless it's Nintendo first party in which case it is Friday or Sunday). They get it out during the same week every year but we just happen to get it earlier.

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to do some exhibitions online on PS4. Akileese is my PSN tag. Should be around 6 central time.

Daximuss

Does FIFA 15 have the two player co-op that 14 had? I've read three reviews and not one of them mentions anything about online co-op.

its been like this for years

is it? I don't normally buy it. I'm getting a copy for a family member who is footie crazy and just noticed.

UK releases always happen on Friday. They just happen to be Tuesday in the US (unless it's Nintendo first party in which case it is Friday or Sunday). They get it out during the same week every year but we just happen to get it earlier.

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to do some exhibitions online on PS4. Akileese is my PSN tag. Should be around 6 central time.

Yeah that makes more sense.

Some big games have simultaneous worldwide releases, you'd think FIFA was big enough in Europe for a world wide launch.

Fixed but yeah,

Portugeezer

Some big games have simultaneous worldwide releases, you'd think FIFA was big enough for a world wide launch.

Nyx

So according to Eurogamer it plays completely different than 14 while Gamespot claims there is no learning-curve at all if you played 14.

Wut?

Gibran7

Buy them with coins earned in the game, but I find it much better to be smart on the transfer market. Browse www.futhead.com to get an idea of players you want that are in your price range (prices should be added when there's a few weeks of data) and mark some targets. Just on free packs from the web app and buying Spanish players from the proceeds of selling my other guys, I've got this:

zkxgDUQ.png

Not out of this world, but competitive. Lot of pace down the wings, fairly pacy striker in Ruben Castro and a decent heading striker in Adruiz.

From there, I'll play a few single player seasons to grab some coins then I should have enough players for a second squad and not have to buy fitness cards again as I'll play online with my main squad until they're tired, then switch to the single player B-team. The starters from each team should be the subs/reserves of the other one to allow them to regain fitness.

From there, it'll be all about rolling the dice on packs or marking out upgrades on the transfer market.

Stupid question... How did you get all your players from the same country like that?

tanuki

Played a few games of Seasons online on PS4, loving the feel of the game. Seems (so far) that it's harder to cheese the game (i.e. they closed up all of last years loopholes), had some good battles, putting some nice moves together, managing to stop the rampaging of Ronaldo and Bale. Chipped through-balls are definitely not as useful, or I haven't worked out how to use them yet. But the passing is nice in 15, it's much more responsive than last year.

There's some nice stuff in the team formation menu, you can set how you want each of the your players movement to be with and without the ball, which is nice.

Refereeing is definitely dodgy though, to hilarious effect. I kinda like it though (mainly because I've benefited from some blatant fouls not being called). Probably will change my tune as soon as it causes me to lose games, hahaha.

Has anyone bought the pc version on nuuvem? Everything went smooth, with game language, key activation etc? It's much cheaper than the normal price (some €30 rather than 70), at least buying from Europe, so it would be a no brainer for me.

edit: mhm apparently is not available for purchase from my region? Weird

darknil

Does FIFA 15 have the two player co-op that 14 had? I've read three reviews and not one of them mentions anything about online co-op.

Is there online co-op seasons in 15? My cousin just bought a ps4 along with FIFA to play with me. Lol.

Yes, there is, is the same 5 divisions mode.

I had no chance to test it since no one was playing that mode on the weekend.

They have removed the "Same size team" on the filters, that is the only chance that I was able to spot.

Messi

Looool I just checked. No Suarez cards on the market. That is fantastic stuff.

My friend used him against me online though so he can be used on online friendlies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I tried to get a feeling for the shooting and noticed that... longshots are insane now. Like seriously.

Some goals from a SINGLE game with horrible bronze players and 10 chemistry. 50 longshots/shot power:
http://youtu.be/6LiB-culfO8

I mean... huh?

Edit: Video currently still uploading. Takes a few more minutes but I am out now :p

DrunkDan

I've noticed several mentions of switching regions and buying FIFA points and how that doesn't work etc but it did on the last game didn't it? Just checking I'm not going mad that's all, because about a week ago I switched my Xbox one to USA and bought FIFA points using my dollars and then switched back to UK and had the fifa points to use.

So that definitely won't work on 15?

I've noticed several mentions of switching regions and buying FIFA points and how that doesn't work etc but it did on the last game didn't it? Just checking I'm not going mad that's all, because about a week ago I switched my Xbox one to USA and bought FIFA points using my dollars and then switched back to UK and had the fifa points to use.

So that definitely won't work on 15?

It doesn't work on PS4.

SpaceHorror

So this goalkeeper glitch, anyone else getting it often on PS4?

Just happened to me three times in one match while playing career mode. Red lines start coming out of the players indicating pass direction and the keeper runs out from the post and behaves like an outfield player.

I've been able to stop it by going into replay mode, but it usually returns.

Also, there have been a few occasions of the ball going out of play and it being ignored.

Daffy Duck

That emotional intelligence stuff from the IGN review sounds infuriating.

I do not want random events I have no control over taking away control from my players.

No fucking thanks!

Because it means using 2 different accounts as opposed to the one on Xbox one?

Last year I didn't have this issue as I had it for my PS4 but I've bought it on the One instead this time to play pro clubs with some pals.

Yes. It should still be fine on Xbone as far as I know. I've not tried though.

Top Bottom