• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

mauaus

The online feels broken, seems like people just do a lob throughpass and they are one on one even if my player (Defender) is clearly positioned to intercept... nope

Portugeezer

Saw the Gamespot review and it seems the UI is still very close to the edges on PS4, almost cutting off, but I don't know if they took footage from the updated version, it the game like that?

Do I have to lower the margins in my PS4?

Saw the Gamespot review and it seems the UI is still very close to the edges on PS4, almost cutting off, but I don't know if they took footage from the updated version, it the game like that?

It's like that on my game. Annoying as hell.

Edit: I changed my TV settings from '16:9' to 'Screen fit', and it's solved it...

Phototropic

Neo Member
Can someone explain how pro clubs work? I can't find an option to play anything other than Cups and I don't see anywhere to change settings that are listed such as allowing teams to control "Any" player.

It is also not tracking a record for the Cup games. Are these like a playoff period separate from season play?

Double D

My first 2 games of FUT offline seasons and I've lost connection both times. Anyone else experiencing this?

edit: just got booted from game 3...Maybe it's something to do with my router settings? I'm terrible with network related stuff and never had anything like this with '14. Hoping it's just the launch day blues.

Hasney

The online feels broken, seems like people just do a lob throughpass and they are one on one even if my player (Defender) is clearly positioned to intercept... nope

Not happened to me at all. 5 games and not one lobbed through ball has made it through unless I'm all out attack.

cripterion

The pc version is great but what's up with that long ass loading when booting the game and isn't there a way to save replays at all?

GravyButt

What camera angle do you use for single player? Ive been using default, but even with glasses I have a tough time when the balls on the far side

Is there a way to set only International teams for the Tournaments or at least have it so once you add in one team, each additional team you add starts from that same league? Gets really annoying having to scroll through every league.

Portugeezer

On your TV or ps4? I have had no issues on any ps4 games but this one clearly has overscan issues

Indeed. TV settings are one thing, mine are already correct, but the UI is waaaay to close to the edge of the screen (looks weird) in the demo and it seems that way in the full release too :(

iFootball

Since I'm not really into UT, here's my FIFA PS4 UT pre-order bonus code for PSN Store:

4FK2 LGN5 MF2T

whoever redeems it first let me know via PM so I can edit this post...

Tainted

Indeed. TV settings are one thing, mine are already correct, but the UI is waaaay to close to the edge of the screen (looks weird) in the demo and it seems that way in the full release too :(

Its not just the UI which is too close, it also zooms everything in slightly and shows up the horrible AA issues the demo had (which I presume are also present in the full version)

It seems like the Xbone version is the optimal version (until the PS4 version is patched)

lmbotiva

man this game has no AA at all on ps4, fifa 14 looks cleaner and clearer somehow, also why the heck the HUD doesn't fit the screen? any way to fix this?

Hmm, not a fan of the Be A Pro mode too much. Rating system is screwy, framerate is iffy and the moment to moment gameplay isn't as fun as controlling a full team.

Edit: Also agree about having no AA at all, FIFA 14 may actually look better.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Anyone preorder the PSN version of the Ultimate Team Edition? I did not get any of the bonuses with the exception of the Messi loaner. Is this the same for everyone?

Portugeezer

Its not just the UI which is too close, it also zooms everything in slightly and shows up the horrible AA issues the demo had (which I presume are also present in the full version)

It seems like the Xbone version is the optimal version (until the PS4 version is patched)
Fucking hell EA...

Do most of you guys play with manual shot/passing?

The manual community is extremely small on FIFA unfortunately so it's rare to come across any outside of organised manual communities and groups.

And on that note....I am a full manual player and would never go back to assisted or semi-assisted controls again.

Damn man Ribery is only 320k, Robben only 405k, Bale around 650k if not less.

It's a buyers market for sure. Too bad it's so hard to build coins. Gonna sell my reus and put it towards a Ribery or Robben when the price hopefully comes down on Friday.

CR-18

Neo Member
This game is the worst Fifa I have play to this date. Defending is impossible in this game I'm gonna give it some more time if not I'm gonna trade this garbage in and just play fifa 2014.

Tainted

This game is the worst Fifa I have play to this date. Defending is impossible in this game I'm gonna give it some more time if not I'm gonna trade this garbage in and just play fifa 2014.

Ah man...for someone who has been waiting for fifa 15 since I bought a PS4 back in May, this is really discouraging to read :(

Cormano

Im having the same issue here.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yeah, it's bugged. If you want to see everything you need to change the PS4 display settings to be at maximum overscan compensation instead of the correct setting for native 1080p on a 1080p display.
Quality certification there.

valeo

So just confirming - this is available to play for people in Australia tomorrow? (PC)

Have a TiL day tomorrow so would be a good chance to have a go ;D

Ah man...for someone who has been waiting for fifa 15 since I bought a PS4 back in May, this is really discouraging to read :(

In my experience, there are always people who say this - and then they figure out how to defend and it clicks.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
In my experience, there are always people who say this - and then they figure out how to defend and it clicks.
To show how much it varies: I think the defending is the most fun in years. I mainly played the demo against humans though. (8 hours or more.)

tanuki

I don't think the defending is any different from FIFA 14. Quite fond of doing some tactical fouling (shirt-pulling) when someone is trying to break away towards the goal.

Hasney

Defending is fine, can't really see an issue with it.

Went back to the PES demo after playing this though... Looks like this year's FIFA may be a stop gap until the main event.

Damn man Ribery is only 320k, Robben only 405k, Bale around 650k if not less.

It's a buyers market for sure. Too bad it's so hard to build coins. Gonna sell my reus and put it towards a Ribery or Robben when the price hopefully comes down on Friday.

They won't go down for top players not yet, I'm telling you hold on to Reus.

Went with some 3rd Tier English squad from Wimbledon. Made one summer transfer so far, some fast SOB names Elliot. Hoping to get to EPL with'n 5 seasons. My new transfer got off to a good start scoring his first goal for his club and provided an assist on the game winner.

That's my trial done.

Sitting this year out for sure, gameplay is better than before, but some major bugs that I'm sure will be fixed, kick off charge, shots from distance looping keepers etc.

I don't play FUT anymore so nothing for me here.

CanaryRob

Yeah, just blast em. Like AcridMeat says though, only happens on the low difficulties (hopefully).

Best celebration yet though:

ClearSecretGavial.gif

:(

Looking forward to getting City back into the EPL, hope the EPL presentation stuff they've been touting extends to 2nd year promoted teams in Career.

Top Bottom