• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Messi

In-form cards are released in packs for a limited time (one week). Once that window is closed, said cards are only available through the auction house.

When a big player like Ronaldo gets an in-form card, users tend to buy an insane amount of packs hoping to find it, thus releasing on the auction house a shit-ton of other cards, dramatically increasing the offer.

Prices go down pretty fast for "normal" (i.e. not the rarest) cards.

Worldwide launch (tomorrow is Europe's turn) and Ronaldo in-form could be a little market-crash.

EDIT: sorry if I'm over-explaining, I don't know how familiar with FUT you are ;)

No that is perfect. Thanks for the explanation.

You still can :D treat yourself to the IF.

Hahahaha. Damn, any time I have more than 20,000 coins is a miracle. I've never owned and inform card let alone team of the season. My best player is Giovani dos Santos. But he is cool.

sun-drop

Still dont like the default button lay out.

I use alt, and make a few changes on D.

Map tackle/shirt tug to x

Teammate contain to square

Slide tackle to circle

Hide contain over on r1

I'm glad folks play FUT and pay a fortune for it, since they help fund continued development of the game. I can't get drawn into that mode. It's purely a pay to win setup, and I'm not even good enough to compete on an even playing field.

I'll stick with grinding up my GK in pro clubs mode.

stay gold

I'm glad folks play FUT and pay a fortune for it, since they help fund continued development of the game. I can't get drawn into that mode. It's purely a pay to win setup, and I'm not even good enough to compete on an even playing field.

You can make a team capable of hanging in Division 1 for less than 10k quite easily. You only need to buy packs if you want the most popular EPL/La Liga players or IF cards.

Half the fun of FUT is making non obvious teams IMO, which can be had for pennies.

FUT isn't even close to pay to win. Fut mode = pay for shiny cards.

I constantly get beat by better players that have all bronze teams. and my record is 46-12-38... W/D/L

Pay to win?

Not in a million years.

High-rated teams are easier than low-rated ones, trust me xD

FUT is one of most clever scam I've ever seen xD

Hixx

I don't pay a penny and I win division 1 regularly.

I'm currently 10 wins, 0 draws, 0 defeats.

I stand corrected, but I'll stick with this one fact: I'm not even good enough to compete on an even playing field. If I come up against a stacked team, it will be a rout. If we have evenly matched talent, I'll likely still lose.

In conclusion: I suck at FUT.

Portugeezer

Yeah, it's bugged. If you want to see everything you need to change the PS4 display settings to be at maximum overscan compensation instead of the correct setting for native 1080p on a 1080p display.

that fixes it, still ridiculous. FIFA 14 was just fine, what programmer thought it would be smart to change that?

Those prices are going to sink hard.

Pogba is a 83 rated player. It's going to be 4-6k very soon.

Yeah, there's a lot of bad advice going around. All I can tell you is what I've seen as someone who has been playing FUT for years now. Doesn't mean it will happen this year but this is just how it usually goes.

The first day of the EU release is the first crash of the year. Last year alone I saw players drop 10-15-20% and scooped up quite a few guys I later sold for profits. Most of the big fifa players are waiting for this day to get their most wanted players. However, bear in mind that the window this happens in can be measured in hours so if you miss it, tough luck. The week after is the worst time to buy, even some crappy players get inflated since everyone is looking to build a team.

If you're looking to invest the best way to go is to either buy week 1 in forms or the top 10-20 players in the entire game. Week 1 in forms are usually good for a return but you gotta wait 6-8 weeks+ and this year with all the early access stuff they may be less rare. When I say top players I don't mean just overall ratings. Sometimes guys have 87 ratings and aren't worth shit because their stats don't justify it.

Guys like Robben, Ribery, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra, Bale will be good investments. Personally I'm going to buy Robben since he's the best player I can afford right now. 90 rated which usually means the card is hard to get, high pace, high dribbling, great shooting. He and Bale are the two best RM's in the game by far so limited options as well if people wanna build god squads.

10 games online in FUT and there's been at least 2 goals conceded each game due to chipped through ball. Some things never change. Also I think the EA Servers are breaking as the last 2 games I've received no coins.

It's really hard to get into Ultimate Team when you get no one decent in the packs and know you'll have to grind for ages before you can get a good side together. It puts you off even starting.

It's really hard to get into Ultimate Team when you get no one decent in the packs and know you'll have to grind for ages before you can get a good side together. It puts you off even starting.

FUT is tough without paying. You only get about 500 coins for each match and contracts cost at least 200 coins. If you don't open packs and horde contracts then you're basically losing coins playing matches.

tanuki

It's interesting to see how popular Ultimate Team is, because it never did anything for me. I think I played it the first year it came out, and never touched it again. For years I was enamoured with Pro Clubs, training my left winger (mapped with my face of course) and playing with the same guys every night. Eventually that became too much of a time sink. Now I happy to just indulge in Seasons mode and work my way up the Divisions. I may give co-op Seasons a go this year, now that I have some PS4-owning friends.

Anyway, it's good that EA put so many modes into the game, even if Ultimate Team is the one that they focus the most on. I know Career mode seems to have a lot of detractors, but I guess I never really got into it. That offline stuff never does it for me, the AI just isn't fun to play against. And if I'm playing a Career-based football game, I guess I'd rather just jump back into Football Manager.

Back to the gameplay, I noticed you have to rely on the L2 jockeying move a lot more in this game. There's a lot of people trying to dribble and trick their way to the goal from kick off (so annoying!), but usually some L2 action takes care of that.

FUT is tough without paying. You only get about 500 coins for each match and contracts cost at least 200 coins. If you don't open packs and horde contracts then you're basically losing coins playing matches.

That's what offline mode is for.

No matter who you're using, just beat the crap out of the cpu in the first two-three seasons, then get relegated, and win anew.

Easy coins. And quite fast (you don't even have to play the games: score 2-3 goals and let the cpu be dumb while you browse/work).

Rinse, repeat and profit (no insane amounts, but easily 50-100k in a week or so).

It's interesting to see how popular Ultimate Team is, because it never did anything for me. I think I played it the first year it came out, and never touched it again. For years I was enamoured with Pro Clubs, training my left winger (mapped with my face of course) and playing with the same guys every night. Eventually that became too much of a time sink. Now I happy to just indulge in Seasons mode and work my way up the Divisions. I may give co-op Seasons a go this year, now that I have some PS4-owning friends.

Yeah, I was all about Pro Clubs back it in the day, I'd love them to expand the feature but I'm not sure it'll ever really happen (unless they monitise items).

holygeesus

Banned
Can anyone from the UK who has the Ultimate Team edition pre-ordered digitally for the XBOX ONE just check for me what they have downloaded? I could have sworn that there were 3 items I downloaded, but looking at my Apps there is just one 15.5GB file there. Do you have to download the other stuff (i.e. FUT pack pre-order bits) separately?

Thanks for any help.

Nope, tried downloading again, and they have disappeared. Both myself and a friend ordered the same edition and he has 3 icons when he clicks on 'manage' and I just have the 1 :( No idea how I go about sorting it with Microsoft. My email order confirmation clearly says Ultimate edition on it though. Annoying.

stay gold

If you go to FIFA 15, press settings and go to manage game, the other 2 files should be there.

Edit: Ah you've done that already, no idea then :/

Is anyone else having trouble changing the commentary language?

I keep setting it to Mexican Spanish and it CONSTANTLY reverts back to English. Very, very annoying. Can't listen to a single match with the Spanish commentary.

stay gold

Is the Ultimate Team app integrated with your PS4 Ultimate Team? Or is it an entirely stand-alone game?

It's integrated, it's such a productivity killer at work lol

There is a stand alone game on the App Store though. The one you want is called EA Sports Football Club

Hasney

That's what offline mode is for.

No matter who you're using, just beat the crap out of the cpu in the first two-three seasons, then get relegated, and win anew.

Easy coins. And quite fast (you don't even have to play the games: score 2-3 goals and let the cpu be dumb while you browse/work).

Rinse, repeat and profit (no insane amounts, but easily 50-100k in a week or so).

Yeah, and you can easily make a competitive online team by paying less that 1,000 coins a player. Just need pace down the sides, a couple of holding midfielders, a striker with over 80 pace and a big target man. It's why I always go with a predominantly Spanish team, their weaker players are pretty good.

Yeah, just blast em. Like AcridMeat says though, only happens on the low difficulties (hopefully).

Best celebration yet though:

ClearSecretGavial.gif

hahahaha that's great

Mihalis0013

Neo Member
For the unlocks you can get by caching in coins (gear, upgrades, etc.) I have 2 questions.

Are you able to rebuy the same upgrade multiple times or is it gone once you purchase it from the list? "(ie. be a pro stuff)

Second, there was one in there called Billionaire Assistance or something like that (I apologize I don't have the game in front of me) that can be used to add to your transfer amount in career mode. Any idea how much that adds?

Thanks.

GravyButt

So im a fifa noob. Why did noone tell me about throughs and lob throughs?! I can actually set up decent shots and one timers now.

Game changer!

i still suck though, specially at D

DrunkDan

... so ... the iOS "EA SPORTS Football Club" app was just updated for "FIFA 15 compatibility and other EAS FC features "

Updated mine but now it says no access for Ultimate Team because apparently I don't have a team, says go to the web app to create one even though I have already.

Hopefully just a bug because I'm ready to go, even have a decent UT set up ready to go.

Totally regret buying this. I haven't played a FIFA since FIFA 12 and I all the things I hated about 12 are here in this one.

- Off the ball body checks going unnoticed
- Foul detection in general is really terrible
- Chipped through balls
- Chipped through balls killing defensive momentum when tracking the run (even with the settings changed)
- Auto change being really random (even with settings change)
- Pace is king
- One-Two LB1 spam
- General defensive AI
- Terrible GKs
- 'FIFA Sweet spot' cutting in on the angle of the area towards the back post and you score all the time

I admire those of you who can enjoy this every year, but I'm going to sit this out for another 3 years after this one.

Totally regret buying this. I haven't played a FIFA since FIFA 12 and I all the things I hated about 12 are here in this one.

- Off the ball body checks going unnoticed
- Foul detection in general is really terrible
- Chipped through balls
- Chipped through balls killing defensive momentum when tracking the run (even with the settings changed)
- Auto change being really random (even with settings change)
- Pace is king
- One-Two LB1 spam
- General defensive AI
- Terrible GKs
- 'FIFA Sweet spot' cutting in on the angle of the area towards the back post and you score all the time

I admire those of you who can enjoy this every year, but I'm going to sit this out for another 3 years after this one.

I have't played a Fifa since 12 like you, and I think this game is fantastic. Yes, there's a lot of things to improve, the game need two patches or three, but play like a dream, and sometimes look sick

W Hudson

I'm getting livid at this horrible laggy mess. I can't navigate the menus and the game is an unplayable stuttering mess. I disabled the firewall on my router and turned off UPNP. So having issues. Is there anything else I can do before I blow a gasket over here?

Ally1987

Is online friendlies-mode the only thing you can play if you want to play against a friend? Is it not possible to play a regular game with golden goal or penalty shootout online against a friend?

My Xbox One copy won't load past the main screen "Loading...." with the flashing down arrow. Anyone else having this issue? Was working fine last night.

S¡mon

Banned
My copy is being delivered this afternoon (it's 00:29 right now). And I won't have any time to play this game. Neither will I have any time on Friday. Saturday, maybe. Sunday, nay. :(

Devil

This was the worst Day 1 impression I got of a FIFA game since the big changes in the franchise in FIFA 08 and I played every single one of them.

I love Tactical Defending but they messed up the defense big time with this one. I was constantly playing in League 1 and 2 in Online Seasons in the last games so I know how to defend in FIFA. But in 15... Wow, the defenders are really bad. It's incredibly easy to literally just sprint around a defender with a fast and agile player. I've seen a bunch of people in previous FIFAs trying to run through directly from kickoff out of fun but in 15 almost everybody tries to do this all this time, since it is a legitimate "strategy" this time around. It easily can get you into a good situation. Defenders are often terribly slow to change their running direction and get to a full speed sprint.

I won most of my matches, but the scores and the way the goals were scored are ridiculous. Last 4 match results: 5-4, 5-3, 6-2, 6-5.

The goalkeepers being totally shit doesn't help this either. How do they even dare to heavily advertise this game with "Next Gen Goalkeepers" when they are so much worse than in the last games?

I'm one of those people who buy FIFA year after year without a break although I know there will be big issues every time but I usually don't care, I need my FIFA. This time it is the first time I kind of regret supporting this shit on day 1.

AlexBasch

Weird, I'm playing Player Career Mode and the accomplishments don't seem to be working.

I'm completing passes and creating goal chances, but they don't reflect in the progress bar. Here's hoping they didn't fuck up that mode somehow. :/

PS3 digital version, btw.

Man I need some help running this game, downloading it off Origin (84% now and supposedly playable already) and I keep getting this "unexpected exception has occurred" error messages everytime I try and launch it by pressing play or even game settings, after which the launcher just stops working.

I knew beforehand that I would only be able to play this on my 3 year old laptop, whose graphic card falls below the requirements, and that's the reason I made sure to try out the demo first, which ran at a rock solid 30fps with maximum settings and native resolution.

So what the fuck? Could it just be because the game is still downloading? Anybody has any clue?

edit: now it seems to be working. Go figure. Maybe I shouldn't mess with the game before it has finished downloading

Dartastic

Oh man. I uh, know people told me to not start playing Fifa Ultimate Team because it's addictive as fuck but... I kinda did today... D:

Oh god what have I done.

I want Diego Valeri. I want Diego Valeri so fucking bad. Fucking fuck.

This is the year man. I've owned every single player in FUT at some point but Ronaldo.

If I can't get him this year then I quit. Technically I had enough coins for him most years but I like having talent across the field instead of just one position.

Top Bottom