• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Genio88

Not happened to me at all. 5 games and not one lobbed through ball has made it through unless I'm all out attack.

Same for me, and i've played more than 10 matchs on ultimate team online, you don't have to go towards the ball with the defender, just run backwards with him staying close to the striker

Player prices will level out in around a month, in the short term players between 10 - 50k will fall as they are more common and more affordable. The top tier players 86+ (ones that don't have slow pace and weak physical) for now will just continue to rise. It's the way FUT has always been, coin traders may be on the back burner right now but people are buying more packs then ever.

Genio88

So should i wait to buy the players i want in my team for now? They would be Pogba who costs about 33k, Vidal 24k and Tevez 25k

So, this is €69.99 for the digital version on the Xbox One store. If I got the EA Access thing, could I get the game for €62.99 instead, and then spend the €4 monthly charge to download Battlefield and Need for Speed and all that? Or do you need to subscribe for a year? Does the 10% off only work for preordering, or can I get 10% off if I buy it later? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Gibbo

Ive played about 170 hours on Fifa 14, but im having a real difficult time defending in 15. I played a few matches against a friend who used Man U, and got torned apart by his through passes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
got a shipment confirmation from gamestop, so my son won't kill me on friday :)

also only charged me 98p for the ultimate team edition. Did one of their trade in offers, but it should have been 99p for the standard, £9.99 for the ultimate. Fingers crossed they send the right version - if they charge me less thats ok :)

jesu

So, this is €69.99 for the digital version on the Xbox One store. If I got the EA Access thing, could I get the game for €62.99 instead, and then spend the €4 monthly charge to download Battlefield and Need for Speed and all that? Or do you need to subscribe for a year? Does the 10% off only work for preordering, or can I get 10% off if I buy it later? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

You can subscribe for the month and get the 10% discount when you buy FIFA, as long as you buy within that month.
You'll also have the vault games for that month.
And a 10% discount on any DLC you fancy that month.

Pachimari

If I'm gonna create a new EA Sports FIFA profile with my new Origin account, what will I lose from my old one? All of my experience points but what else?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Can anyone explain to me what Concept Squads are for?

Don't know what to do with them

They basically allow you to build your dreamteam without paying for it. It allows you to experiment with formations to see what gives you the best chemistry before shelling out your hard earned coins.

RulkezX

Should I expect a decent influx of players to the PC version on Friday or will most people buying on PC already know about the VPN unlocking.

The FUT market on PC seems really small atm and the prices are hilarious for bog standard goldies.

bjaelke

Should I expect a decent influx of players to the PC version on Friday or will most people buying on PC already know about the VPN unlocking.

The FUT market on PC seems really small atm and the prices are hilarious for bog standard goldies.

Yes. Numbers should increase by a large number on Friday.

holygeesus

Banned
Can anyone from the UK who has the Ultimate Team edition pre-ordered digitally for the XBOX ONE just check for me what they have downloaded? I could have sworn that there were 3 items I downloaded, but looking at my Apps there is just one 15.5GB file there. Do you have to download the other stuff (i.e. FUT pack pre-order bits) separately?

Thanks for any help.

ngower

Been playing offline exclusively and I am not into this game at all. Lots of really silly decisions by the AI, some unbelievable goalkeeping (one shot on goal, one goal for the opposition kind of stuff), harsh fouls (got a red card for something my AI did)...just not into it at all right now. Feels like a caricature of a soccer game and not a simulation. Hoping PES 2015 is great, because I'm pretty much over this. Hoping online with friends can redeem the game.

PaulLFC

TDVZxdWl.jpg

YPN80db.jpg

i have never played any of the FIFA games, but a friend of mine has just been educating me about what Ultimate teams is and it sounds evil.

People are dropping around £200 - £500 this feature?? It sounds crazy

i have never played any of the FIFA games, but a friend of mine has just been educating me about what Ultimate teams is and it sounds evil.

People are dropping around £200 - £500 this feature?? It sounds crazy

And on the other hand I'm using nothing but coins gained in the game and I'm getting slaughtered by teams full of pace who play constant thru-balls.

Yay...so much fun :)

jesu

Can anyone from the UK who has the Ultimate Team edition pre-ordered digitally for the XBOX ONE just check for me what they have downloaded? I could have sworn that there were 3 items I downloaded, but looking at my Apps there is just one 15.5GB file there. Do you have to download the other stuff (i.e. FUT pack pre-order bits) separately?

Thanks for any help.

I've got the US version that comes with 15 packs.
When I manage FIFA the download is there (9.5mb).

Your downloads might appear when you start the game on Friday.

(If you haven't already looked at the Manage section they might be there, press Start over FIFA 15 in your Games section)

GoxRx

(If you haven't already looked at the Manage section they might be there, press Start over FIFA 15 in your Games section)

I just checked mine and I just have one file(15,5gb). I'm starting to think that I lost my 15 "free" packs.

RulkezX

I was considering getting it, but this has put me off, plus the fact i haven't played a football games since pes6

Chances are you're not going to be competing at the highest levels anyway, most people don't spend a lot (if any) real money.

I've not bought a single pack for real money since the day UT came out, you really don't have to and it shouldn't be something that puts you of the game.

I know it's early day but does anyone have any impressions on the career mode? Are there any sweeping changes that make this worthwhile? I know it's wishful thinking given that FUT completely killed that game mode.

Pimpwerx

Fun game. The animation and graphics are noticeably improved from last year. The controls feel tighter, as a result. Players are much more responsive. The teammate assist and contain buttons have made defense less of a gambling poke to prevent a break.

Not having played in 8 months, my aim is pretty sloppy again. I'm making passes to the wrong guy at times. I haven't tried it on the higher difficulties, but I assume passing the ball around will still be the best strategy.

The through-lob was always my preferred method of offense in pro club, and I was always annoyed by teammates who didn't understand how to use it. I think the AI in pro club is professional by default, and thus susceptible to stupid tricks. The higher difficulty levels are another story, though I remember using a funny exploit on Legendary that basically used the CPU's limited control to allow end-to-end runs by defenders. It's the only way I got the platinum, because beating some of those Legenday match day challenges was absolutely brutal. Scoring is really tough. Now there seems to be an even higher difficulty setting. LOLnope. I'll probably try it out until I feel like pulling my hair out.

Anyway, I quite like the game. I only got to put in a few hours last night. A good chunk of that was spent figuring out how to rename my FUT squad, and the rest of the time was spent winning a tourney and trying to figure out the FUT menus.

How do I manage my FUT club like last year? There was a menu where I could tab between active roster and the rest of the club players, and I could do batch jobs on the club players, like quick sell all of them. However, I can't find any way to manage my club like that now. I can manage the active roster with subs and reserves, and I can search my club for players as well, but I can't separate active from non-active, and I can't seem to do batch jobs on them anymore. The only place I'm able to do batch jobs is right after I open a card pack and it prompts me to add/drop. What am I doing wrong?

Lastly, I bought one bronze pack last night because I need a bunch of contracts and didn't want to use any coins on the xfer market. I hardly got any contracts out of it. Is it even worth buying bronze packs in this game, or should I just buy a gold pack whenever I can raise the minimum coin for it? Someone explain the way I should be approaching the card packs to assemble my roster. PEACE.

holygeesus

Banned

Thanks for looking.

I'll double-check again. It was the Ultimate edition I bought (with the yellow header) which I'm sure had the main game and two other items when I initially downloaded. Perhaps they were both applied to the game when I played the trial and that's why they have disappeared.

GoxRx

The packs are given 1 a week for 15 weeks.

I know. I'm just worried because when I go to manage game, there is just one file. I will wait to see what happens next week and if I don't get anything I will talk to EA support or something.

I was playing be a pro online but now you can't play 11 vs 11, just 5 vs 5. It was like that in FIFA 14 too?

darscot

Any one having issues with the UI first make sure you TV is set properly. Then go into the Display Area settings on you PS4 and this will adjust the UI. The only thing the setting effects on FIFA is the UI. Gameplay will render the same no matter what this is set too but it will allow you to zoom the UI in and out how you want.

Nyx

ByTadm0IQAEPn8G.png:large

Wha does In form TOTW mean in FUT?

Van Rhijn? :D

''Ok guys we need a rightback that played good this weekend, let's check the scoresheets. Oh hey this dude from Ajax scored a goal, put him in? Yeah!''

''But, it seems his team played terrible, it was a fluke win''

''Nobody cares''

Reid looks fantastic!

Big CR7 Standard.

The super rich of the game are about to get richer, invest in a CR when people find out he's has an IF.

When they are removed and his standards are back you just more the price 500k to 1M below the IF.

OneUh8

I am really enjoying this years FIFA so far. Played a few matches against the CPU and had a blast. I feel it is much better than last years. Love the presentation and the game just feels better to play. Love the way your AI teammates makes runs and puts themselves in much better positions on offense.

omgkitty

I've got some gripes with this game. The gameplay improvements and all of that is fine, it's mostly with stupid things. The team management screen is awful. Having these huge large boxes, makes it much harder to arrange a team, only being able to see a row of players at once is crap. I admit the old team management menu was getting stale, but it wasn't broken, and now it is. Hell, in the profile manager where you buy things in the in-game store is shit too. You can't sort by type of item, and now it's in one huge long row that you have to scroll through to find what you want. Thankfully it does remove what you've already bought, but still an annoyance.

In Career Manager, the search for players is ugly and a pain to navigate. Instead of the list, now you have all of these huge boxes again you have to switch between, and when you pull up the team, it's divided into those terrible screens that were used for scouting in 2014, that I never used. Now I have to switch around instead of just looking at the entire team at once.

My last gripe so far, is with the amount of money Arsenal is given. It's around the same as it was last season, slightly higher, and it's insane. We've spent more money in the last two seasons than FIFA allows the team to have. Arsenal have reserves of upwards of 180 million right now, and our transfer budget is easily 70 or 80m on the low end. Just because we don't spend it doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option in the game. It's hard to fix our broken ass squad with only 25m to spend.

Basically, EA's decision to move to huge boxes for everything annoys me. They've taken a page out of Microsoft's book, and it sucks.

akileese

The game feels a bit slower and more realistic this year to me. Fouls have gone up a bit too. Hilarious bad calls are still a thing. Win the ball completely and get a yellow card 15 minutes in.

I feel like defending corners is harder and manual switching is still completely broken (never gets you to the man you want). One day they'll fix it :(

I don't understand. How does this work?

In-form cards are released in packs for a limited time (one week). Once that window is closed, said cards are only available through the auction house.

When a big player like Ronaldo gets an in-form card, users tend to buy an insane amount of packs hoping to find it, thus releasing on the auction house a shit-ton of other cards, dramatically increasing the offer.

Prices go down pretty fast for "normal" (i.e. not the rarest) cards.

Worldwide launch (tomorrow is Europe's turn) and Ronaldo in-form could be a little market-crash.

EDIT: sorry if I'm over-explaining, I don't know how familiar with FUT you are ;)

Top Bottom