• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

sneaky77

So I noticed on seasons that I set my formation and tactics and players in the management screen and is saved in there because after the match it shows the right settings, but when I checked it during the match it was all the default stuff.. ideas?

Also it seems one more yr midfield play is pretty much discouraged in online play..

Dartastic

BOUGHT VALERI. FUCKING YES. I GOT HIM FOR LIKE 250 COINS TOO. HAPPY WITH THAT. I have a feeling that after each game I'm going to have enough coins to steadily get a better squad... I won my first game 12-1 also... oh fuck I'm going to get so addicted to this.

Rikkun

I'm already hating this game.

How do I mute people when playing online.
How do I blacklist people since my PS4 doesn't show me ANYONE I've played with under "players met"

I can't stand some 12 years old shouting in my ears with his fucking friends EVERY-FUCKING-GAME-I-PLAY.

Tainted

Seems like GAF reaction to FIFA 15 is a bit of a mixed bag. Lots of positivbe comments but every 5 posts or so, someone hates it

I think this happens every FIFA

AcridMeat

Banned
In FIFA World, the free to play FUT on Origin, they at least have a pack specifically to buy contracts that's like 750 coins. I was expecting the same thing here, the fact they're 200 a pop is fucked.
That's what offline mode is for.

No matter who you're using, just beat the crap out of the cpu in the first two-three seasons, then get relegated, and win anew.

Easy coins. And quite fast (you don't even have to play the games: score 2-3 goals and let the cpu be dumb while you browse/work).

Rinse, repeat and profit (no insane amounts, but easily 50-100k in a week or so).
This sounds fuck awful to me and not fun at all. Would rather be able to just make enough to at least get contracts while still growing your coin total.

Gibbo

This was the worst Day 1 impression I got of a FIFA game since the big changes in the franchise in FIFA 08 and I played every single one of them.

I love Tactical Defending but they messed up the defense big time with this one. I was constantly playing in League 1 and 2 in Online Seasons in the last games so I know how to defend in FIFA. But in 15... Wow, the defenders are really bad. It's incredibly easy to literally just sprint around a defender with a fast and agile player. I've seen a bunch of people in previous FIFAs trying to run through directly from kickoff out of fun but in 15 almost everybody tries to do this all this time, since it is a legitimate "strategy" this time around. It easily can get you into a good situation. Defenders are often terribly slow to change their running direction and get to a full speed sprint.

I won most of my matches, but the scores and the way the goals were scored are ridiculous. Last 4 match results: 5-4, 5-3, 6-2, 6-5.

The goalkeepers being totally shit doesn't help this either. How do they even dare to heavily advertise this game with "Next Gen Goalkeepers" when they are so much worse than in the last games?

I'm one of those people who buy FIFA year after year without a break although I know there will be big issues every time but I usually don't care, I need my FIFA. This time it is the first time I kind of regret supporting this shit on day 1.

Yeah i think they messed up tactical defending this time. You will never be able to catch up to a fast player. I totally agree on your point on them being sliow to change their directions.

Dartastic

Is there a way to make Ultimate Team halves shorter? It sucks being up like, 11-0 at the half and having to wait a long ass time just because I'm destroying the computer.

Tecl0n

What's the best approach to contracts?

BOUGHT VALERI. FUCKING YES. I GOT HIM FOR LIKE 250 COINS TOO. HAPPY WITH THAT. I have a feeling that after each game I'm going to have enough coins to steadily get a better squad... I won my first game 12-1 also... oh fuck I'm going to get so addicted to this.

In the basic Arg team i'm using, quite good for the price.

Is there a way to set only International teams for the Tournaments or at least have it so once you add in one team, each additional team you add starts from that same league? Gets really annoying having to scroll through every league.

quoting myself from a previous page

EA pls

Also for Career mode I'm unsure if I want to use my bros the Red Bulls or use an EPL team because of the superior level of play. hmm

Roulette

Also for Career mode I'm unsure if I want to use my bros the Red Bulls or use an EPL team because of the superior level of play. hmm

Try using 'Swap Teams' to swap them in for a premiership or 2nd division team and then trying to get promoted to the Premier League through high finishes and team development. I do that every year with the Newcastle Jets.

Because the AI was no challenge I used to set rules for myself (scouted youth players as my only acquisitions, for example). Legendary might give me a run for my money this year, though.

madmackem

Its not just the UI which is too close, it also zooms everything in slightly and shows up the horrible AA issues the demo had (which I presume are also present in the full version)

It seems like the Xbone version is the optimal version (until the PS4 version is patched)

It takes the safe zone into account you set in the video settings on the ps4 dash. You can set it so the score etc is right.

Hasney

Fuck sake. The game keeps really pissing me off, but the FUT part is addictive. Think I've only got a couple of weeks in me, that PES demo has spoiled me.

So maybe I'm dumb, but in GM mode, how do you actually send transfer negotiations?

Edit: I am dumb, it's probably available only in the transfer window right? Also I really wish there was a way to edit/make custom kits.

Did the final game manage to tone down on every player's shoulders?

Not really, still full on assaults that go largely unnoticed... but the ref will stop play and award a free kick against the player that goes to the ground. I assume he believes they've dived or something.

Devil

Has anybody had this problem too?

In Online Seasons the game doesn't give me the right players I set for the bench. Right there in the menu before searching for a game I correctly set up my starting 11, the bench, tactics, roles. But as soon as the game starts I have totally different (worse) players on my bench. Every. Fucking. Time. I tried changing to another team and back and changed another squad and so on, but nothing helped.

In Online Seasons the game doesn't give me the right players I set for the bench. Right there in the menu before searching for a game I correctly set up my starting 11, the bench, tactics, roles. But as soon as the game starts I have totally different (worse) players on my bench. Every. Fucking. Time. I tried changing to another team and back and changed another squad and so on, but nothing helped.

Sometimes it doesn't save your changes until you back right out of all the menus so you can see the 'start' game screen again.

Gibbo

Team sheets is abit broken i think. My formations do not load correctly in friendly seasons

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I woke up this morning, turned on my Xbox and decided to check whether FIFA was ready yet, it was, owh joy, so I booted up, played the Liv-Che match, lost 2-0, got into the main menu and got asked to create an Origin ID.

Wait, what?

I already have an Origin ID, with this very same emailaddress. No fuss, I'll just do that later, I want to dive into this Ultimate Team business. Except you can't. You need Origin signed in and ready to go. So I got online, and there it was; use the same email-address on your Xbox Live and Origin account and everything will connect automagically. Except it doesn't.

So I tried to tie them manually; download the Origin client app, add a friend, click to connect to Xbox Live; nope sorry, this Xbox Live account is already tied to an Origin account. What? Then why can't my FIFA sign in to Origin?

Seriously, this thing is a mess!

Hasney

Can someone tell me why I should ever buy packs when I can buy a teams worth of British Gold players for 150 each?

Might get lucky and get a player you just can't afford. It's a roll of the dice.

Got a Mata last year that sold for 30k and funded most of my final team.

UrbanRats

How long do they usually take until they close the servers for a FIFA entry? Say i buy FIFA15, usually how long will i be able to use all the features having to do with online? I have FIFA12 and that's closed up, so i'm wondering if it's worth investing full price, if they're cutting service in a year or so, expecting you to jump on FIFA16.

Hasney

How long do they usually take until they close the servers for a FIFA entry? Say i buy FIFA15, usually how long will i be able to use all the features having to do with online? I have FIFA12 and that's closed up, so i'm wondering if it's worth investing full price, if they're cutting service in a year or so, expecting you to jump on FIFA16.

I think it's usually 2 games? So until FIFA 17.

EDIT: The web app is fucking full. How about using some of that money ya fucking EA tools?

Double D

Can someone tell me why I should ever buy packs when I can buy a teams worth of British Gold players for 150 each?

Well, I wait til I've got a bit of extra coin and buy some packs for chemistry and contract cards. Also, when it comes to the special limited time packs, I'll see what the number of rares to price ratio is and sometimes jump on them if I have extra money.

bjaelke

Hate playing in the snow. The brightness gives me a headache and I'm having a hard time keeping track of the yellow ball - half the time I'm navigating using the radar.

Courage

Defense is shit. Goalkeepers are shit. It's like they downgraded everything from FIFA 14 and just improved animations and dribbling. Might have to trade it in.

v1lla21

Defense is total shit in the game. The goalie was good almost all the time except for once where he just stood there and the guy practically ran into the goal with the ball.

paranoid44

Neo Member
Playing yesterday I noticed I'm unable to sprint while in ball possession.
On launch day I've played whithout a problem.
PS4 version. Control configuration on Alternate. No problem with my DS4, Playing Destiny normally.
Anyone ever seen this happen?

Top Bottom