• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

alterno69

Banned
Thanks for the impressions, good and bad. Makes it easier for me to wait till november to see which game is better. I almost went to the store to buy this today but i was able to control myself lol.

Peterpan

Is there any AC Milan fans. Would really appreciate it if someone, looked if 'Hachim Mastour' is in the game and if so what is his rating? Only getting the game next week.

Swance

Neo Member
Is there any AC Milan fans. Would really appreciate it if someone, looked if 'Hachim Mastour' is in the game and if so what is his rating? Only getting the game next week.

He isn't. There is only one 16 year old in the game (Jimmy Bakela) and it's a mistake, he's actually 25 and his name is Jeremy Bokila lol

Peterpan

He isn't. There is only one 16 year old in the game (Jimmy Bakela) and it's a mistake, he's actually 25 and his name is Jeremy Bokila lol
Thanks a lot man. Really disappointing that he isn't, would have loved to see how he grew in career mode. Lol EA. Have mixed feelings about the game, the impressions have been really up and down. Fifa 14 was disappointing, if this is worse...no words.

Fifa 15 looks good in general, the pitch is a great upgrade you can see the grass perfectly, however some players still don't look next gen and referees still look the same... Robotic as fuck.. Hair also is a let down most players it looks like a wig, the only player with "decent" hair textures I've noticed is Falcao

normanski

Neo Member
I haven't seen anything mentioned about this so far, but I found out yesterday that pressing the main buttons (square, triangle etc) before a penalty while playing as the goalie will make him taunt the taker!

Is this brand-new?

GHG

Gold Member
I've already spent $30 on FUT and have no clue what I'm doing. Opening packs are damn addicting.

Stop.

Please, just stop.

If you insist on spending money on FUT buy coins from a reputable coin seller, not packs. That way at least you can get the players you want.

holygeesus

Banned
I've only opened my free packs, but it is *so* akin to buying those Panini sticker packs when you were young, that it is scary. They nailed that aspect of it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Best player I've gotten so far is Hamsik. Granted I've opened 3 packs total but still that gigantic mug went straight on the market.

That pack came with only 3 players and one of the rares was an injury consumable, but at least it gave me 4 gold contracts. :/

God I hate the contract system so much when there's no contract specific pack you can buy.

dakun

Stop.

Please, just stop.

If you insist on spending money on FUT buy coins from a reputable coin seller, not packs. That way at least you can get the players you want.

didn't they prevent this from happening?? i thought i heard about them removing trades or something like that to prevent coin selling

Anyone having consistently horrible connection online?

Me, and the way they removed the latency bar is a joke, I fucking hate the way I get suckered in every year I eventually adjust to the changes and enjoy it though.

At least I got it off the us store and game share it with my brother £17.50 its worth that 👍

Hasney

Me, and the way they removed the latency bar is a joke, I fucking hate the way I get suckered in every year I eventually adjust to the changes and enjoy it though.

At least I got it off the us store and game share it with my brother £17.50 its worth that 👍

Yeah, I'm now judging it by not playing games on FUT unless I'm the home team and I'll exit if the other person takes more than a second to join the lobby. If I hit 3 games I don't want to play, I'll just go do something else.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The Headers Skill game is frustrating me to no end. Even with Piqué I can't win from Pepe it seems. Any tips from seasoned players?

Hasney

Player likenesses are still f*cking dire and the animations robotic. Great, EA. I expect a true next-gen FIFA to come in 2016.

When was the first big engine change for FIFA last gen? I keep wanting to say 12, but I was on PC, so I think that's just when we were graced with it.

How can this game have so many issues? They only make the graphics prettier and change a few game play elements around...seriously thinking of sending my Amazon order back.

educator

Player likenesses are still f*cking dire and the animations robotic. Great, EA. I expect a true next-gen FIFA to come in 2016.

Players turning around looks really weird sometimes during the "cutscenes" (before a free-kick or when they're given a yellow card). It's like they rotate 180 without moving their legs or body.

Hasney

This happened last night, which was super annoying since I couldn't even finish the challenge when I'd already bloody passed it.

BadAmpleHalcyon.gif

Just seen this as well. GK=rhino... Penalty not given

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lb8ra0MN3w

RAIDEN1

I'm sure patches will be released over the next few months or so to iron out the engine glitches etc..there were a fair few for FIFA 14..

Hasney

Once I buy Rodrigo to replace Ruben Castro tonight, my team will be in the right place for the cheapo players. Fast and a great finisher paired with a brilliant headerer of the ball.

goXwXYs.png

After that, it's onto the next wave. Jordi Alba and Casillas as priorities, with Ramos and Dani Alves to finish the back 4. Happy with my wingers as they're not massive ratings, but pacey and good dribbling. Isco to take up alongside Busquets as a fake CDM... Then it's on to opening packs to see if I get lucky enough to make big money to buy some of the better cards.

My copy arrived yesterday and I had a few games after real footy last night.

First impressions are that it looks and sounds a lot better, but as with every FIFA, it takes quite a few games before it's possible to make a fair assessment.

One thing that did piss me off in the very first game I played online, was that the game allowed a ridiculous clash of kits to occur. It meant the very first game I had was ruined as it was very hard to tell the teams apart.

I'm going to get stuck into it properly tonight and over the weekend and come back with a more comprehensive opinion on the game on Monday.

What is up with the insane stuttering from menu to game on the PS4 version? Is it installing slowly in the background (disc based)? It's literally unplayable and yes, the PS4 is fine and other people have been having this problem.

Hasney

What is up with the insane stuttering from menu to game on the PS4 version? Is it installing slowly in the background (disc based)? It's literally unplayable and yes, the PS4 is fine and other people have been having this problem.
Turn off UPnP on your router or if that doesn't fix it, stay disconnected from the internet until the game starts up and then connect. Seem to be the workarounds in the thread.

OneUh8

The one thing I am struggling with is winning headers, especially in the box against the CPU. They always seem to win them. It cost me 2 losses now where I just can't seem to win a header. Any tips?

Double D

The one thing I am struggling with is winning headers, especially in the box against the CPU. They always seem to win them. It cost me 2 losses now where I just can't seem to win a header. Any tips?

From crosses, corners, or both? Also UT or clubs? If UT, you might just not have someone that great at headers. Don't underestimate that stat. Also if kicking a corner, use tactics (down on dpad) and look for the open man. Right at 2 bars power will get you in the middle of the box. I'll also hold the left stick (just off center and up, don't lean into it too much) while powering up my shot to curve it a bit.

Stop.

Please, just stop.

This is the thing, recently I programmed an automated coin selling system for one of these websites, and until doing that I didn't realize quite how much money gets spent on coins. These kind of sites turn over hundreds of thousands a year... and there are so many of them.

FUT is HUGE, not just for EA but for all the sellers too. And EA seem to just let them keep selling (instead of shutting them down and selling coins themselves) because they know how much popularity is driven to these games by the eco-system of coin selling websites and their youtube sponsors.

jesalr

Never played FUT before.

How feasible is playing without ever paying any money? Also, can I buy packs with the points you get from playing other modes of the game? I've built up so many of thise over the last few years.

Hasney

Never played FUT before.

How feasible is playing without ever paying any money? Also, can I buy packs with the points you get from playing other modes of the game? I've built up so many of thise over the last few years.

I never spend a penny
except when drunk me buys sober me a present
, won Division 1 online last year. Personally, I think it's easiest to do with a Spanish national/La Liga aim for bringing in players as there are so many delicious bargains. Then once you have a good core, use your coins on premium gold packs to see what luck you can get in bringing in one of the top tier guys.

florin3k3

I tried to get a feeling for the shooting and noticed that... longshots are insane now. Like seriously.

Some goals from a SINGLE game with horrible bronze players and 10 chemistry. 50 longshots/shot power:
http://youtu.be/6LiB-culfO8

I mean... huh?

Edit: Video currently still uploading. Takes a few more minutes but I am out now :p

Came to post this. I've only played around 10 games and already scored more goals from the 30 yard range than I did in all of Fifa 14. Out of any 10 shots with the right power (3-3.5 bars) 2-3 are goals another 3-4 hit the post and the rest are just barely wide
Another thing I found (online co-op) is that I can't bring the keeper out. I am the red (main) player but holding triangle doesn't work most of the time. I checked button layout and its still the same. Am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom