• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

jonno394

In Sheffield.

Damn, I was in SUtton Coldfield, they had all the boxes behind the counter, display boxes fully priced up on the shelves (probabbly preparing for a midnight launch) and when I took one to the counter the guy refused to sell it me. I thought the fact I was in business attire might give me a sneaky chance (always seem to get better customer service in my suits) but nope :(

CanaryRob

Loving the game. But why wont my teams ai players ever go for the ball or attempt to tackle it away?! Wtf is up w this?!

Nothing more frustrating than watching the CPU run in on goal and your AI team mates just crab walk away.

It's made worse because the player switching manager would rather select your center backs rather than your defensive mid fielders. So you end up ruining your defensive shape your self by frantically trying to switch to a DMF who's either standing there watching the world go by or crab walking away.

EA have gone with the Paul Lambert school of football for years; fuck defensive and score more than the other team. They need to hire Mourinho as a 'Parking the Bus advisor' for 16.

CLR_CMOS

Neo Member
I kind of regret buying this. The defense and goalkeepers are absolutely terrible. Also the overscan bug on the PS4 is embarrassing. How did that go unnoticed?!

Ralemont

not me
Am I correct in assuming there's no way to play 2v2 online with buddies using 3 different consoles? Like me teaming up with my friend in Virginia to play against a friend in LA and another in Chicago?

Also the overscan bug on the PS4 is embarrassing. How did that go unnoticed?!

For the love of god, fix this EA. It is my only major complain of the game so far. Been having a lot of fun. I think the defenders are ok, it is just a lot harder to defend in this game, but once it clicks it clicks.

I agree that the goalkeepers are a disaster though.

MMaRsu

So is the game worth it on PS4? 1080p/60fps?

I already have Fifa14 and played the demo but id like to gear some of your reactions.

I could go pick the game up right now.

So is the game worth it on PS4? 1080p/60fps?

I already have Fifa14 and played the demo but id like to gear some of your reactions.

I could go pick the game up right now.

Personally, I think it's worth it. But then again I skipped Fifa 12,13 and 14 so the gameplay feels really "new" to me. My friends that had played Fifa 14 before are divided though. Some think is a big improvement, others are disappointed.

Edit: As for how it compares to PES, I've never been a big fan of that series, since they don't have the licensing rights. That's what makes Fifa special I think.

Congrats EA on the dumbest feature removal of all time: the connection status indicator for opponents.

Welcome to your new rubberbanding world.

Fuck you EA.

Was just about to post the same. Can't even connect at all. Fucking shocking.

Game comes out in the UK tomorrow.... Sure that will help.

My plan was to open my loyalty packs and then play Destiny with friends. Unfortunately with all the damn tutorials and connection issues that took 90 mins. Love it.

Congrats EA on the dumbest feature removal of all time: the connection status indicator for opponents.

Welcome to your new rubberbanding world.

Fuck you EA.

Wut? I had played a couple of online matches, and I'm pretty sure I can still see their connection status (Bar strength??). Am I missing something here?

Edit: What I do have a problem with is that if your opponent loses their connection after the match, and disconnect you will be granted a lose. Happened to me a couple of times to me post match after winning. I really hope people don't start exploiting that.

Wut? I had played a couple of online matches, and I'm pretty sure I can still see their connection status (Bar strength??). Am I missing something here?

Edit: What I do have a problem with is that if your opponent loses their connection after the match, and disconnect you will be granted a lose. Happened to me a couple of times to me post match after winning. I really hope people don't start exploiting that.

Am I missing something maybe?

Can't see their status on FUT. It used to be right in the middle of the screen.

Hasney

Hahahaha holy shit. I decided to grab a trophy while the servers are down, beat a 5 star team on legendary with a 3 star team, so I fucked with the sliders. Putting the game on 100 pace for your players is ridiculous and hilarious.

EA messed up on the overscan, which is quite shocking really - surely someone tested the game on the PS4?!
They are using the system setting for the safe area.

Only they forgot they then need to add padding to that.

As you say, a pretty basic error to make I literally have no idea how that slipped through.

Tainted

They are using the system setting for the safe area.

Only they forgot they then need to add padding to that.

As you say, a pretty basic error to make I literally have no idea how that slipped through.

I changed the PS4 dash screen size area to minimum which everyone was saying is the fix / workaround. Funnily enough it doesn't seem to cause issues with my other games (and fixes FIFA 15)

I'm a bit confused now on what that setting actually does

BrumGB

Enjoyed what I played of it today, spent a few hours just looking around the FUT hub (when it was working)

This glitch happened to me earlier (the managers wanted a piece of the action) Clip 1 / Clip 2

Is it me or is the rubber band ai even worse then before?

Everything is worse than before.

It could very well be the worst Fifa ever.

Players collisions are just completely broken online. There's nothing to predict whether you'll win the ball or not.

It's a bugfest with one of the worst netcode I've ever seen.

And don't get me started on the bullshit they pull to make the game accessible to everyone.

Am I missing something maybe?

Can't see their status on FUT. It used to be right in the middle of the screen.

Oh, I haven't played a FUT online game. I always play with friends, and their status bar do appear.

Everything is worse than before.

It could very well be the worst Fifa ever.

Players collisions are just completely broken online. There's nothing to predict whether you'll win the ball or not.

It's a bugfest with one of the worst netcode I've ever seen.

And don't get me started on the bullshit they pull to make the game accessible to everyone.

Never change Gaf.

educator

My feelings after a full day of playing is pretty torn. On one hand - everything around the pitch is great and EA did a good job of portraying crowds, chants and making the surroundings feel authentic. Sure, I would love to see pyrotechnic and crowds going absolutely crazy like they do where i'm from, but thats too much to ask for.

On the pitch however, I have a hard time actually enjoying my time with FIFA 15. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game per se, but something feels off. While FIFA 14 felt fresh and fun, '15 feels slower, uncreative and just meh. I have a hard time explaining why though, it's just a feeling I get while playing it.

Even though scoring goals feels better now due to the shaking camera and crowds cheering even louder, the game feels like a mix between something really awesome and something really recycled and boring.

Just my take on it. I have a hard time explaining why, but hopefully you guys will understand anyway.

Goron2000

best junior ever
My friend preloaded Fifa on his ps4 in the UK ready for midnight and when he tries to launch the game he gets this error
P2jDD2ll.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this?

sneaky77

My feelings after a full day of playing is pretty torn. On one hand - everything around the pitch is great and EA did a good job of portraying crowds, chants and making the surroundings feel authentic. Sure, I would love to see pyrotechnic and crowds going absolutely crazy like they do where i'm from, but thats too much to ask for.

On the pitch however, I have a hard time actually enjoying my time with FIFA 15. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game per se, but something feels off. While FIFA 14 felt fresh and fun, '15 feels slower, uncreative and just meh. I have a hard time explaining why though, it's just a feeling I get while playing it.

Even though scoring goals feels better now due to the shaking camera and crowds cheering even louder, the game feels like a mix between something really awesome and something really recycled and boring.

Just my take on it. I have a hard time explaining why, but hopefully you guys will understand anyway.

As I was playing seasons yesterday I felt that way, so I understand the feeling.. there is so much potential with this engine but they stop themselves short of going full steam ahead in the gameplay by keeping too many legacy bs issues.

Top Bottom