• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Raxious

So how's the career mode compared to 14? I noticed that in 14 it just didn't feel as great as 13. I'm not that much of a MP person, nor do I play UT. Would it still be worth getting for just the career mode?

Does anyone know if you can do seasons mode online with a guest on the same console on the next gen versions?

Go to Seasons where you see the search screen and on the second controller press Y/Triangle and it will add in the second player.

edit - oh, I thought you asked how oops.

robertoci

Well i'm confused, got the game today but everything is stuttering, went on UT and had to quit out of a match as it was constantly stuttering, wasn't like online lag, more of a problem with the game anyone else have this problem at all?

Doc_Drop

Anyone know if I buy the PS3 version that the PS4 version would be a free/cheap upgrade? Not sure whether to go for PS3/360 and I may get a PS4 sometime 2014/2015 or in the black friday deals if there is a good one

Ta

Hasney

Anyone know if I buy the PS3 version that the PS4 version would be a free/cheap upgrade? Not sure whether to go for PS3/360 and I may get a PS4 sometime 2014/2015 or in the black friday deals if there is a good one

Ta

Nah, no upgrade plan this year.

So how's the career mode compared to 14? I noticed that in 14 it just didn't feel as great as 13. I'm not that much of a MP person, nor do I play UT. Would it still be worth getting for just the career mode?

I'm enjoying it but I enjoyed career mode in 14 as well. I'm 25 games or so into my first season, it's largely the same but there are some small differences.

- Players can grow a lot faster now. I acquired Pogba (83 OVR) in the first transfer window and he's already grown to 85. Pretty much everyone in form has grown at least a point so far.

- There aren't nearly as many press conferences.

- Fully scouting a player now reveals their OVR.

- Being able to switch tactics mid-game easily is nice.

- Player morale is kind of a pain in the ass in find, as it's not available in the redesigned squad window.

- The new EPL presentation is great.

holygeesus

Banned
I am enjoying it no end, but it is the most frustrating FIFA I think I have played, primarily because, the single player feels 'scripted'. By that, I mean there are occasions, no matter what you do, the scenario the CPU has planned out, will happen, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

For example, you have times where players will twist and turn, with the ball glued to their feet, and no matter what defender you have, he will not win the ball, and as soon as you turn and tackle, the opponent instantly changes direction - this is usually followed by a cross into the box, that always finds a player's head.

Then there are free-kicks - the referees are biased. Plain and simple. I'm working on a video that shows all the times I have been taken out and not been awarded even a free-kick. It is staggering. Then, when the opposition takes a free-kick - the number of times, where the CPU hits a low flat cross that lands plumb on the strikers head, where he is unmarked, and able to just head the ball in, even before I have a chance to react - it's like the ball is on elastic!

I know it sounds like sour-grapes, but it does at times feel like the CPU is cheating, and that's just in professional difficulty!

Pachimari

Guys, I really need your help. For the first time, I'm gonna try build me a team with great chemistry. I want to do a Spanish/La Liga team and only have around 900 coins. This is my current team:

mWfvWYY.jpg

What should I do? I have 33 items in "My Club" but I bet I can't get anything for those cards. A few of them are rare but bad players.

Right now, I'm trying to do all the Manager Tasks to get a Gold pack, and to complete offline tournaments and seasons.

Is this the way to go?

Hasney

Guys, I really need your help. For the first time, I'm gonna try build me a team with great chemistry. I want to do a Spanish/La Liga team and only have around 900 coins. This is my current team:

mWfvWYY.jpg

What should I do? I have 33 items in "My Club" but I bet I can't get anything for those cards. A few of them are rare but bad players.

Right now, I'm trying to do all the Manager Tasks to get a Gold pack, and to complete offline tournaments and seasons.

Is this the way to go?

Yeah, do the tasks, then the starter cup for a gold gift pack.

The ones you can't sell are the gift players, you just have to deal with them unfortunately.

For La Liga/Spanish players, here's a few quick wins that can be had for under 700 coins:

Inigo Martinez: 80 CB
Artiz Aduriz: 80 ST that's great in the air. Great for holding up play if you only want to play one up front, or good to play off a second striker that's quick, which is where the next one comes in
Ruben Castro: 78 ST with 83 pace
Benoit Tremuliounas: 77 LB, but good pace
Vicente Guita: 79 GK. Should hold you over until you can afford Casillas

Pachimari

Yeah, do the tasks, then the starter cup for a gold gift pack.

The ones you can't sell are the gift players, you just have to deal with them unfortunately.

For La Liga/Spanish players, here's a few quick wins that can be had for under 700 coins:

Inigo Martinez: 80 CB
Artiz Aduriz: 80 ST that's great in the air. Great for holding up play if you only want to play one up front, or good to play off a second striker that's quick, which is where the next one comes in
Ruben Castro: 78 ST with 83 pace
Benoit Tremuliounas: 77 LB, but good pace
Vicente Guita: 79 GK. Should hold you over until you can afford Casillas
Thanks. I got myself Aduriz for 450 coins.

I'm saving my loan players for online matches. Wouldn't that be the best idea?

Can I put the offline tournaments and seasons on any difficulty and be rewarded?

First ever online FIFA game: going against Man U at home, tons of stuttering, keeper failed to save pretty much every lobbed through ball. Hmm, probably sticking to offline.

rob305

Thanks. I got myself Aduriz for 450 coins.

I'm saving my loan players for online matches. Wouldn't that be the best idea?

Can I put the offline tournaments and seasons on any difficulty and be rewarded?

Since your nick is Madridista you should get Keylor Navas, you can get him for around 700 coins if I recall correctly and hes a 79 GK. But Im sure the stats are going to increase since its looking like Casillas is going to spend more and more time on the bench

Portugeezer

Facism

anyone had that bug in offline be a pro career where the game unlocks all your unlocked accomplishments again?

I went from 77 to 86 rating after 1 game LOL

Guys, just don't play FUT. The gameplay is markedly better and more enjoyable in Seasons mode. Yes, you don't get the addictive minigame, but the gameplay feels much better to me. Less sweat involved.

Hasney

Just change the CDM positions to CM to boost the individual chemistry.

Guys, just don't play FUT. The gameplay is markedly better and more enjoyable in Seasons mode. Yes, you don't get the addictive minigame, but the gameplay feels much better to me. Less sweat involved.

Nah, I'm good. Get to 100 chemistry with a good team and you're fine, it's the same thing.

Gandie

Is there any way to check the injury of a player while in the game? The wait to come back to the main career menu is killing me everytime.

Pachimari

Since your nick is Madridista you should get Keylor Navas, you can get him for around 700 coins if I recall correctly and hes a 79 GK. But Im sure the stats are going to increase since its looking like Casillas is going to spend more and more time on the bench

I got him right away. Thanks! :)

Got Inigo Martinez as well.

I now need a right winger, and a attacking midfielder or someone who can be right behind the striker.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Love Welbeck on this, 2 goals against City in 19 mins on world class.

Top goalscorer in the league too

Dat guy

T-Rex.

Banned
Looking to join a pro club. If anyone needs an attacking midfielder (or winger, I ain't really fussy) drop me a PM. I've been playing clubs for a few years now and am quite good. I play on PS4.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I got neuer on goal. First play he makes is rushing towards an attacker, gets tricked out, striker shoots at open goal.

I wasn't even mad, neuer gonna neuer.

j3ff3

Banned
has anyone noticed that the xbone version is about as smooth as my arse? not played any other version so got nothing to compare to.

not talking gameplay, just menus and their animations. janky as fuck.

Hasney

Servers are shagged. Buy buy buy and keep trying! Just got Rodrigo for 500 coins. I can fucking quick sell him for more than that!

EDIT: Well, it's stuck on completing...

EDIT2: Fuck, just seen an Alba sell for 250 coins. Bid wouldn't go through in time it's so slow... And lost a second one by 100 coins because it shagged up. went for 3.2k.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm enjoying career mode, the game feels a lot more realistic. You can't just blaze past players and play massive through balls from anywhere on the pitch. It's hard just to retain possession, as in real life you don't have time to dwell on the ball when attacking.

Presentation is fantastic too.

Hasney

Well, that Alba was actually 3.7k in the end...

ByewmcJIQAAm33Z.jpg

*sobs uncontrollably*

BUT at least if this ever completes, it'll cheer me up

Byew5rBIIAAr0SG.jpg

EDIT: It went through!

Devil

The bench in Online Seasons is totally faulty. I changed it to different random players on my bench several times, quit the menu and went back in to seasons and everything showed up alright everytime in the menu before searching for a player. But every fucking time the match starts my bench consists of totally random players. They're not the same from one of my tests, they're just a random mix.

It sucks so much when you're in a match with two tired DMs and got not one suitable substitution on the bench because the game is just a buggy mess. More than 20 matches and not one was with the correct bench I selected.

Top Bottom