• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

sestrugen

I was surprised myself lol that he scored that one.

Is Emmanuel Eminike worth the coins?
He costs +/- 10k coins on the transfermarket at the moment.

He is an OP player, his cost will come down as time passes. His strength and pace are coveted by many even if he plays in the Turkish Super Liga. He plays really well in front of Diego and Wesley Sneijder.

Hasney

Just one more since I need to go earn some coins before the servers work properly...

Bye020YIMAAHLV7.jpg

:D

Was hoping to get in on this sever sale, but mobile app won't go through.

Nah, neither web nor phone app were working, console is spotty, but just goes through now and again.

j3ff3

Banned
XB1 version - fucked sound (no commentators, crowd sound fades in at start of match, no whistle / ball noise for penalties/replays).

newsguy

has anyone noticed that the xbone version is about as smooth as my arse? not played any other version so got nothing to compare to.

not talking gameplay, just menus and their animations. janky as fuck.

Can you post a pic of your ass in order to give you a more educated opinion?

Certinty

Anyone else getting stuttering on PS4?

Not read the thread so don't know if this is a large issue. Any fix?
My friend had this, deleted the installation of the game and reinstalled it and it's all good now, so that might be worth a try.

yatesl

Brother just bought this for £55 on PSN. Moments before I go to tell him that it's $60 on US PSN or £40 on Amazon.

Never mind.

Hasney

Sold Hernandez for 7,800 after getting him for 1,100. Pretty happy right now.

FUT servers seem smooth again though, but the first UK weekend? Might save my cash for them...

Hazard bounced out of Chelsea during my second transfer window, nothing I could do about it and I really tried.
I had him put in a transfer request before the season even began and board told me to sell him.

Played him in the opening match and he got red carded... oh well! Swapped him for Bale + £10m. Seemed fair trade.

Anyone not having trophies unlock? I scored off the post and toe poked in the same match but nothing...

j3ff3

Banned
Can you post a pic of your ass in order to give you a more educated opinion?

:)

going left is worse than going right for some reason.

not really a problem. the sound thing is. commentary volume is up, but nothing.....

gameplay is quality though, so much better than 14. still a bit of 'momentum', and the AI are still pretty thick, but so much better.

PS finesse shots are way over powered. keepers are amazing at straight saves, but can't save a curled ball for shit.

Into

5-1
5-6
5-4
5-3
3-3
3-4
7-5 (this was a classic)

..so i am playing co up with my buddy, how do we defend in this game? We make sure to use our midfielders instead of defenders to put pressure yet any random through pass and especially lobbed through pass opens up a defense. There is like 1 or 2 cpu guys there at best. And we have 4 in the back just playing a regular formation even

Scoring goals seems easy for both teams, its just so much harder to defend than in 14. Or we just fucking suck. Both seem possible at the same time. Ive rarely had FIFA 14 games with 5+ goals.

We legitimately want to improve, but the defense is all over the place. Just merely controlling a defender i feel like i have less control and room for mistakes than when i am attacking. When the opposite should really be the case. Also there seems to be some issues we played a tons of 2v2 games but only 3 registered?

I'm getting my ass handed to me on Professional, consistently losing by 1 or 2 goals as the Red Bulls in career mode. Problem is, when I tried turning it to semi-pro I won a kick-off game 7-1 as the Netherlands against Germany.

Antti

This game is so unbelievably buggy. I've played Pro Clubs for 7h today, and exactly one game has registered and counted towards my Pro's accomplishments/stats. Now my team can't even reach the dressing room as it says "there was a problem connecting with your teammates in Pro Clubs". Jesus fucking Christ, EA.

j3ff3

Banned
another problem - injuries. ok my player is 'injured': but it doesn't tell me anywhere how badly. wtf!

*edit: lets see if this update helps

sneaky77

So based on my few games on seasons, it seems ultra high pressure, ultra d, it's still king.. is so boring to play the same setup game after game after game...

8 people in the box, long pass to the forward... that seems to be the most common tactic I've seen so far.. I wonder if they ever playtest this thing

Every time I boot up FIFA it asks me to create an Origin account, I put in my existing user name but then it says I can't use that one as it already exists... god I hate EA.

Xeteh

Alright, super dumb question from a Canadian that doesn't know soccer.

I've been messing around with the FIFA 15 demo because its the most fun I've had playing a sports game in a long while. So I'm overall pretty unfamiliar with soccer rules, I'm more of a hockey guy. I get how offside (I really have to stop myself from saying offsides) is called for the most part but I just had a goal disallowed because I took a shot and the player that scored off the rebound was offside when the shot was taken.

Is that a thing or is it just a wonky mechanic in the game? At that point I just can't fathom how hard it is to call every offside in a game of soccer if that is the case.

Portugeezer

Alright, super dumb question from a Canadian that doesn't know soccer.

I've been messing around with the FIFA 15 demo because its the most fun I've had playing a sports game in a long while. So I'm overall pretty unfamiliar with soccer rules, I'm more of a hockey guy. I get how offside (I really have to stop myself from saying offsides) is called for the most part but I just had a goal disallowed because I took a shot and the player that scored off the rebound was offside when the shot was taken.

Is that a thing or is it just a wonky mechanic in the game? At that point I just can't fathom how hard it is to call every offside in a game of soccer if that is the case.

That is part of the offside rule, pass or shot, if a player is offside during a pass/shot and it goes to them then it's offside. Even if a keeper saves it or it bounces off a defender before going to the offside player, because that is not seen as the opposing team having ball control.

That are about as hard as it gets for offsides, many times assistant referees get it wrong in real life.

Xeteh

That is part of the offside rule, pass or shot, if a player is offside during a pass/shot and it goes to them then it's offside. Even if a keeper saves it or it bounces off a defender before going to the offside player, because that is not seen as the opposing team having ball control.

That are about as hard as it gets for offsides, many times assistant referees get it wrong in real life.

That is absolutely brutal... but now I know, thanks for the answer!

Portugeezer

Ugh, fucking spammers sending me phishing messages on PSN. My "players met" list on PS4 didn't show FIFA players so I couldn't even report the dude, I doubt it would work, probably some throwaway account just waiting for matchmaking to pair them with someone. Sad.

"fifa15origin" message said i am entitled to some free packs yo, just follow the link yo.

Red Comet

I'm getting my ass handed to me on Professional, consistently losing by 1 or 2 goals as the Red Bulls in career mode. Problem is, when I tried turning it to semi-pro I won a kick-off game 7-1 as the Netherlands against Germany.

This has been my problem with FIFA since I started playing last year. Semi-pro is ridiculously easy, while Professional is too hard. I started kicking ass on Professional in FIFA 14, but I'm back to semi-pro for now in 15.

This has been my problem with FIFA since I started playing last year. Semi-pro is ridiculously easy, while Professional is too hard. I started kicking ass on Professional in FIFA 14, but I'm back to semi-pro for now in 15.
Yeah, Professional seems to be much easier playing International or EPL due to increased speed, but I like my sub-par MLS games career...
Did you check the subs/reserves?

If he is not there then it may be because he took a break from international duty until at least next season, so he won't be in this game I guess.
Well that blows.

Dartastic

Have you guys played the PES demo yet? It's hella good. Definitely better, IMO. I just wish it had the same atmosphere as FIFA... =(

This game is so unbelievably buggy. I've played Pro Clubs for 7h today, and exactly one game has registered and counted towards my Pro's accomplishments/stats. Now my team can't even reach the dressing room as it says "there was a problem connecting with your teammates in Pro Clubs". Jesus fucking Christ, EA.

Welcome to FIFA Friday!

Was the commentary this bad in FIFA 14? Alan Smith hardly says anything.

Leave Alan Smith alone, he's got the touch of the Alan Smiths.

v1lla21

Game is fucking ridiculous. Barcelona's squad is fucking strong as hell. Messi and neymar were knocking Real's back line like they were was bowling pins.

Peterpan

Is it just me or is this game way easier than 14? I can hand the AI 4 goals on World Class. Thinking I'm moving up to legendary now. It doesn't feel like you turning a boat anymore, when you turn the player, it feels fast.
It does feel a bit like you on ice the way the players stride across the field, don't know what's causing that, maybe visual feedback, note I am playing the 360 version, going to get the PC version as well later.

Is it just me or is this game way easier than 14? I can hand the AI 4 goals on World Class. Thinking I'm moving up to legendary now. It doesn't feel like you turning a boat anymore, when you turn the player, it feels fast.
It does feel a bit like you on ice the way the players stride across the field, don't know what's causing that, maybe visual feedback, note I am playing the 360 version, going to get the PC version as well later.

Wassup, you got tips for a soccer noob outchea?

Top Bottom