• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Any manual players out there? I've been playing FIFA on manual for the last few years. Love it.

Its impossible to find anyone else that plays online though :(

Yep, I am and you're right, we are few and far between. I've generally had to struggle against assisted players ping ponging me all over the pitch.

Which platform are you on?

flyshow

Yep...that's how I read it anyway. The only perk EA Access subbers get for pre-ordering is the 10% discount. All ea access ppl get the 6hr trial

Thx. Can't say I'm surprised or disappointed, just thought that being an Access member and a FIFA fan should get rid of the time limit and have a five-day headstart if I choose to pay beforehand.

I know not a lot of people play the offline single player career modes, specifically the one where you make your own player, but ever since EA started including training modes like PES had in their games (you know, crossing, dribbling, finishing, etc) it bothers me that they don't implement them (at least optionally) into that mode. It seems like such an obvious fit, maybe as an in between seasons session to raise some extra stats, impress a club you want to move to or something.

I've played be a pro / manager mode exclusively the past few Fifa's (well 09, 10, 12 and 13... skipped 14), I play the occasional online multiplayer game but my Fifa games are about 90% offline / single player compared to playing against someone else.

Debating whether I should make a purchase, I skipped 14 as I was over Fifa after playing 13 for a long time it got boring (played 08, 09, 10 in a row, purchased 11 but I NEVER actually played it - it's still in my sealed game pile of shame, 12 and 13 - all but '11 were purchased 2x or more (ps3, 360, pc)).

The demo is ok, but i am not sure how long the game will hold my attention... i usually play Fifa for 4-6 months before having a mini break, then play it again for a few more months (stopping about 1-2 months before the new version comes out).

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Is be a pro still based on achievements to increase your player rank, or have they gone back to xp? I sorta hit a wall after getting to 86 rating for my player using both achievements unlocks as well as the store bought career unlocks.

Also, can you play as a player manager like you could up until a few versions ago? Don't know why they took it out.

Hasney

Well I was going to wait for the reviews/impressions to make absolutely sure they fixed the goalkeepers from the demo, but it looks like my mum sent my US PSN codes for my birthday to buy this. She'll find out I didn't get it when I don't play with my brother if I don't, so looks like I'm locked in.

It could be worse, she knows I like wrestling and could have told me to get WWE 2k15....

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I went on EA Access last night and it downloaded another version of FIFA 15.

I have 2 installed now. 15GB and a 12GB.

One is preloaded another early access.

So I went on EA Access last night and it downloaded another version of FIFA 15.

I have 2 installed now. 15GB and a 12GB.

One is preloaded another early access.

That makes 0 sense considering the trial is the full game and unlocks if you purchase it.

There shouldn't be 2 separate downloads. Which region was this?

Nyx

I played FIFA 14 online last year and all it was was Madrid v Madrid... and if I was lucky Madrid v Barca or Madrid v Bayern...

As an Everton player this was kind of annoying cause there was no way I was able to win with Everton so I had to play one of the 'stronger' teams....

Will skip this one and just play the old offline... :(

In Fifa Seasons, I only use 3.5 star teams at max, it makes the online game so much more fun…

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Here you go guys. This was from the UK store.

I decided to just check about the times for the UK from the store about my pre-loaded version. When I clicked view game details and it brought the store up I scrolled to the right and it had Better with EA Access so when I clicked it allowed me to install. I have no idea if it just glitched or not. But I'm more wondering whats with the 12GB and 15GB.

Typically my internet seemed to cut off throughout the night so it's only done 25% but here is are screenshots showing the different versions and sizes.

xlprfg.jpg

rjpypc.jpg

Hasney

Is the PS4 version available for pre-load? I bought it from the webstore, hit download and it was added to my queue, but it says waiting and has no graphic.

stay gold

Any UK people bought the digital version from The US store? What was the price in £ roughly if so?

Not having to change the disk to play FIFA makes so much sense, but I don't know if it's worth paying an extra £12 from the UK store.

Edit: I'm referring to the XB1 store btw.

Any UK people bought the digital version from The US store? What was the price in £ roughly if so?

Not having to change the disk to play FIFA makes so much sense, but I don't know if it's worth paying an extra £12 from the UK store.

Edit: I'm referring to the XB1 store btw.

around £37.

Hasney

around £37.

Yup. With my currency conversion on my card with Nationwide, the $60 of credit from Amazon came to £37.89.

It's a bonus too because you can't then buy microtransactions for Ultimate Team with the UK account. Drunk Hasney won't feel lucky and buy packs to open.

Yup. With my currency conversion on my card with Nationwide, the $60 of credit from Amazon came to £37.89.

It's a bonus too because you can't then buy microtransactions for Ultimate Team with the UK account. Drunk Hasney won't feel lucky and buy packs to open.

I spent too much money last year so I am happy about that too! Should save me some money haha.

stay gold

Aw man, I'd switch to digital at that price but I'm a sad act who wants to buy packs lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
sold my gamestop uk copy on ebay for £40

gonna get this digitally for £42 off us store (UT edition)

jesu

No, DLC bought in the UK store will still work with FIFA bought in the US store.

malcher

Only get the UT edition if you plan on using your US account for UT. It won't give you packs for your UK pack.
No, DLC bought in the UK store will still work with FIFA bought in the US store.

This is getting confusing. I know you can buy Fifa Points on US marketplace with UK GT. I thought the US Ultimate Team edition will also work on UK gamertag. Will it? (On Xbox One that is).

This is getting confusing. I know you can buy Fifa Points on US marketplace with UK GT. I thought the UT edition will also work. Will it? (On Xbox One that is).

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about PS4 like the other guy. I think using the US marketplace with UK GT should get you the packs. On PS4 it won't though

EBreda

Trial available on EA Access (US market at least).

I queued before leaving home, will only be able to try it tonight.

What is the EA access version listed as in the store? I see FIFA 15 and FIFA 15 Preorder edition listed, but I can't download either

What is the EA access version listed as in the store? I see FIFA 15 and FIFA 15 Preorder edition listed, but I can't download either

If you Bing FIFA 15 it's the 3rd option, the one showing as unavailable (US marketplace). The first 2 options are both available for pre-order and include the FUT packs.

malcher

I dont buy packs

i can still play with uk friends no bother, right?

Yes, you can.
On Xbox version (probably PS4 too), there is even an option in the menus that will tell the matchmaking system to look for people to play according to your location.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Argh. Hopefully it is up for us when I get home!

Yep but I would get the normal edition cause the UT is basically just extra packs which won't get credited to your UK account.

ah, so its credited to me us account? I'll get regular then. Not a big UT player anyway.

Top Bottom