• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Hasney

It's a pity that trade offers have been dropped or the US FUT version would still be worth it. You can still get around it by putting someone up as buy it now for more than they're worth, buying it and then doing the same in reverse with a bronze player from your main account, but that'll cost coins with EAs cut.

I understand why it's been dropped due to coin sellers, but still.

Hixx

@EASPORTSFIFA 1m
We're continuing to work on the new #FUT Web App and a launch in the UK evening, today (Thursday). We'll provide another update at 6pm UK.

At least it will come today, I suppose.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
@EASPORTSFIFA 1m
We're continuing to work on the new #FUT Web App and a launch in the UK evening, today (Thursday). We'll provide another update at 6pm UK.

At least it will come today, I suppose.
Maybe but the same guy who said this, the EA Community manager spent all yesterday saying it was coming out, then said the uk morning, then said later today, then said 6.

So im not holdin gmy breath.

stay gold

Cancelled my amazon order and grabbed UT edition from the US store. $62 with ea access so I think it still works out cheaper than I would have paid for a physical copy.

I hope MS don't take issue with this loophole, it's awesome having digital be a fair option.

holygeesus

Banned
Isn't your purchase tied to the country of the marketplace you bought it from? I'm not sure just changing the location afterwards will allow you to unlock games early. It's not out till the 25th in the EU and the 26th in the UK so with EA Access only allowing early access 5 days before, you can work out when you will unlock the trials by counting back 5 days.

Isn't your purchase tied to the country of the marketplace you bought it from? I'm not sure just changing the location afterwards will allow you to unlock games early. It's not out till the 25th in the EU and the 26th in the UK so with EA Access only allowing early access 5 days before, you can work out when you will unlock the trials by counting back 5 days.

EA Access said today was the unlock day worldwide.

Hasney

Yeah, it didn't work with Destiny on XB1 from reports.

It does work on PS4, however.

WJD

What are the logistics involved in getting FIFA 15 on the 23rd if I live in the UK? (PS4)

Just make a US account?

Would it be tied to any particular account?

Any online restrictions?

pls talk to me like I'm 5

What are the logistics involved in getting FIFA 15 on the 23rd if I live in the UK? (PS4)

Just make a US account?

Any online restrictions?

Create a US account and buy PSN cards from Amazon. Be sure to use an address from Oregon or any other tax free state in the US to avoid sales tax, add this address to your Amazon account.

It can be accessed from any user on that console as long as the account is set as primary.

No online restrictions.

Hasney

Just make a US account?

Any online restrictions?

1. Create an account at http://www.borderlinx.com/GB/en/ to get a US address, or use one in a tax-free state like Idaho (look up a takeaway there)
  2. Create a USA PSN account and set your console as the primary console for that account
  3. Buy PSN credit from amazon.com and use that USA address as your billing address
  4. Login to your US PSN account, add the credit to the account and pay for FIFA 15

Following all those steps will make it so it's bought, unlocked at Tuesday midnight PST and playable from your UK account. Online will be fine, but you won't be able to buy DLC/FUT microtransactions for your UK account. DLC bought from the US account will be usable by the UK account.

Seanbob11

It's not up for pre load yet. There's a download link on the Web store, but it just hangs as waiting. Will probably start when it's up, which may be the 21st.

What? I preloaded my game a few days ago. Unless you're talking about something completely different

Hasney

X1 US version. Must be different. Special partnership ;)

Ahhh yeah, plus it has to be up for those EA Access people.

Just got home and logged onto my PS4 and it does indeed say download date should be around the 21st. Should be fine though, XB1 version appears to be 12-15GB depending on the version, so I should blast that in less than a day easy.

I'm in for another season of pro clubs with the usual North American PS4 crew. I don't play many of the other modes these days.

Tomorrow is busy as fuck for me and I'm moving house on Saturday without my Xbox One. Was hoping to be able to download and play a few hours tonight but I guess not!

I just checked again and underneath the game it used to say 'Trial Available' but that has gone now. My guess is they are waiting for the Web App to launch first but fuck I just want to play!

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA 56s
Progress on the #FUT Web App is on track for a release this evening. We'll update you again at 8pm UK. #FIFA15

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fuck EA they can't even work it out so we only have to pre-load/download once. I'm not wasting another 8 hours for 12GB to install. That would be the 3rd time this week..

Messi

Fuck EA they can't even work it out so we only have to pre-load/download once. I'm not wasting another 8 hours for 12GB to install. That would be the 3rd time this week..

Wait... If you have preloaded you can just play. Someone here did.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wait... If you have preloaded you can just play. Someone here did.

It's wanting me to download again. I have no idea whats going on here.

First download was 15.5 GB
Second download was 12.9 GB
Third download is 12.5 GB

Whats up with all these versions. I mean why is one 2.5GB bigger than another. :\

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
It's wanting me to download again. I have no idea whats going on here.

First download was 15.5 GB
Second download was 12.9 GB
Third download is 12.5 GB

Whats up with all these versions. I mean why is one 2.5GB bigger than another. :\

try to restart the console, maybe that would solve the issue :/

Top Bottom