• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Won't get the game for a few months, but ended up with this:
IyMPs.jpg

kaskade

This is going to be my first FIFA I buy. I played some 14 with my friend but the FUT mode looks pretty awesome. I'm not too up on soccer much though, I really just started watching it. Is that going to detract from my experience there or is it pretty accessible?

Sell now during the trial period when noone has coins. I'm an economist, trust me.

Certain players would be better sold now than later. Most gold players under 80 for instance.

I'm trying to build up my coin count and get a 86+ player while they're cheap now then sell later.

On an unrelated note the XB1 version looks like it might not be 1080p. The image quality is pretty poor either way. Lots of jaggies and blurred text etc.

Hixx

Certain players would be better sold now than later. Most gold players under 80 for instance.

I'm trying to build up my coin count and get a 86+ player while they're cheap now then sell later.

On an unrelated note the XB1 version looks like it might not be 1080p. The image quality is pretty poor either way. Lots of jaggies and blurred text etc.

Pretty sure it's 1080p. Framerate on the replays can get pretty bad, though, and the menus (especially in game) are horrible to use. So unresponsive.

Keepers suck. In clubs, anyway. They're TERRIBLE. Luckily shooting is weird as fuck... shooting was almost perfect in 14 to me and they've gone and fucked with it and I don't really like it at all initially. Put about two and a half hours in, so very early impressions and only of clubs which plays quite differently to 1 v 1s as you'd imagine.

vgBR.com

Banned
Pretty sure it's 1080p. Framerate on the replays can get pretty bad, though, and the menus (especially in game) are horrible to use. So unresponsive.

Its 1080p and 60 FPS during the matches. Replays are 30 FPS with drops, if I'm not mistaken

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This is going to be my first FIFA I buy. I played some 14 with my friend but the FUT mode looks pretty awesome. I'm not too up on soccer much though, I really just started watching it. Is that going to detract from my experience there or is it pretty accessible?

really accessible, don't worry

abuC

This will be my first Fifa in ages, how beneficial are the skill moves? I love the demo but I'm mostly playing a reserved style and didn't even know they existed until yesterday.

Hixx

This will be my first Fifa in ages, how beneficial are the skill moves? I love the demo but I'm mostly playing a reserved style and didn't even know they existed until yesterday.

Not as strong against humans as they were in 14 (which was very) but still utterly bamboozle the AI. Though running in a diagonal line confuses the AI.

abuC

Not as strong against humans as they were in 14 (which was very) but still utterly bamboozle the AI. Though running in a diagonal line confuses the AI.

LOL, yeah I noticed the AI had some trouble there when I turn the corner and sprint at an angle.

Guys should I buy the standard edition or the Ultimate team edition? The last Fifa I played was 09, and to be honest I have no idea was ultimate teams are about.

I'm pretty excited to buy a Fifa game after so long. I loved how the demo played on the PS4. Please help.

v1lla21

Lel so true. Even in the demo playing world class you can ran diagonally after kick-off and score a goal right away. Back in 13 it was easy to do moves on people but I have t tried it in 15.

Messi

Jesus is everyone godly online. I just got hockeyed 3 times online by dudes using all kinds of skill moves. Oh and using Barcelona.

Finally EA early access is working after some stops and starts.

My first FUT game with the shittiest started squad. Me on 45 chem, opponent on 100 chem. I started out in group 8 because of making it to div 1 in FIFA 14. I don't celebrate my first goal, skip skip out to the match. Entire match, he's trying to hit his 90 pace wingers with LB+Ys and I'm scrambling to cover with my shitty defenders. I win a penalty. I score the penalty. I don't watch the replay, skip celebrations. Immediate "waiting screen" and he rage quits.

The FIFA community ladies and gents. Why am I even buying this game when the community is so shit. Better yet, why the fuck am I playing against wankers like this.

Reconsidering if I actually want to pre-order this.

My first FUT game with the shittiest started squad. Me on 45 chem, opponent on 100 chem. I started out in group 8 because of making it to div 1 in FIFA 14. I don't celebrate my first goal, skip skip out to the match. Entire match, he's trying to hit his 90 pace wingers with LB+Ys and I'm scrambling to cover with my shitty defenders. I win a penalty. I score the penalty. I don't watch the replay, skip celebrations. Immediate "waiting screen" and he rage quits.

The FIFA community ladies and gents. Why am I even buying this game when the community is so shit. Better yet, why the fuck am I playing against wankers like this.

Can you please tell me if unranked online lobbies or play is in this game because they removed it from fifa14.

I'm not, nothing has even come close to changing my mind.

Watched a couple of people streaming UT last night and the points spent to just build up 100k of coins were scary and at the same time very few 85+ rated players were acquired.

Genio88

I've found this little guy in my first FUT 15 loyalty pack...Neymar IF 87 what a luck! i've never had that luck in three years of Ultimate Team!

Cattura_aaa.png

Now the dilemma, Would you sell him and create a good gold team or would you keep him in the team as the top player?

Red Comet

Is the Ultimate Team Edition of the game worth it? I mainly only play FUT - do people feel they get value from it?

If you're playing on console then I'd go for it. I bought it on PC and the price difference between the ultimate edition and the regular edition, which I got for a discount, was over $25 so I couldn't justify it.

Matush

I've found this little guy in my first FUT 15 loyalty pack...Neymar IF 87 what a luck! i've never had that luck in three years of Ultimate Team!

Cattura_aaa.png

Now the dilemma, Would you sell him and create a good gold team or would you keep him in the team as the top player?
Sell hom now and buy gold players when prices drop in 2-3 weeks.

Cattura_aaa.png

andy carroll is the real gem there m8

youll know his value on a rainy laggy away match at stoke on tuesday nights

Spades

"EA Access Trial users do not have access to the FUT Web App"

What the hell is this about? Why would EA Access subscribers (who give more money to EA) be excluded from this? What utter BS.

Hasney

"EA Access Trial users do not have access to the FUT Web App"

What the hell is this about? Why would EA Access subscribers (who give more money to EA) be excluded from this? What utter BS.

Wait, so who does have access? Pre-orderes only?

EDIT: I seem to be in and my UK account hasn't bought it. How odd.

adburns

Is normal league mode back this year? Not Master League, or whatever it is called in Fifa. The mode where you just play in a league without any transfers etc.

Thanks

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Want so bad but It's hard to justify £49.99 for a yearly fucking sports game. Unless I can get it on disc somewhere or find a place to sell me a cheaper PC download.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Pretty satisfied with how my first day of the webapp turned out:
lWCOwHZ.png

Still a few days until the PS4 release, but that team is already WAY better than the one I started Fifa14 UT with.

Hasney

Pretty satisfied with how my first day of the webapp turned out:
lWCOwHZ.png

Still a few days until the PS4 release, but that team is already WAY better than the one I started Fifa14 UT with.

Damn, was felling OK with mine since it was the best start I ever had, but you've rekt me.

A9mihbJ.png

Top Bottom