• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Alex and Urien in the launch roster (not DLC of any form) - You choose my avatar for a month
Sim and Gief in the launch roster (not DLC of any form) - I choose your avatar for a month
Any other characters in those last two returning spots - No one changes their avatar

OK I'm down, I bet the first one is what's gonna happen: Alex+Urien are among the launch roster.

JC can be our witness if he so wishes, and a screenshot of this post may saved for evidence~

Tizoc

Incidentally enough, and assuming my HDD doesn't crash, I do happen to have a rather silly looking avatar in case I win :V

Tizoc

I'm strangely looking forward to NWS beating both of you.

This is me in case I win-
>=3

This is me in case I lose-
OYYOPcW.png

The thrill of wondering what that avatar may be is exhilarating!

Clawww

clawww has the lion's share of dumb posts in that thread

Are you seriously calling people out for assuming that Karin is not Japanese, clawww? You dumbass

Seriously?

She doesn't look asian in the least. She's blonde, and her name is Karin ffs.

yes, they would be wrong, but it's NOT an unreasonable initial assumption

you're missing the point (re-reading your post just has me mindfucked by just how far off you are, in fact) and calling me a dumbass. lovely. i wouldn't blame someone for thinking she's not japanese. that's not what the discussion was about. I never said or implied anyone was dumb for thinking she's not japanese, just that idea of making her (an anime style character) look 'more asian/japanese' requires some goofy assumptions about race and ignorance of the context of her creation. nice of you to bring that shit in here, though. you can PM me your grievances instead of flaming me in a separate thread. the whole thing got started out with me agreeing with zissou that she looks pretty white but acknowledging/referring to the fact that she's anime as to why that's the case. it's absolutely correct that random folks would think she's European or something. that makes perfect sense. trying to compensate for that by making her look unwhite just doesn't really make sense in the anime/japanese/capcom/video game context, though, and the idea of wanting people or characters to look more like a specific ehtnicity or nationality is not an idea to be taken lightly if we look at history or the world (big jump from anime, I realize, but that's why it's troubling; people slay others for fitting perceived profiles). I'm someone who definitely wishes we'd get more authentic representations. I'm low key butthurt about beard ryu for looking like ben affleck outta Argo, for example.

i say dumbass not in a mean way. i like clawww

goddamn it!

it's all good, man. whatevs. I did kinda go on tilt because of some stuff that sounded really silly re: assumptions about race and perception, but let's leave it at that. zissou's a good guy, too, I'm subbed to him on yt.

most of my arguing is a consequence of my mostly braindead job, anyways. grasping for stimulation in all the wrong places. won't blame anyone for rolling their eyes at my self-indulgent paragraphs, I guess. sometimes I slip out of delicately aloof irony and it gets cringey and I edit posts a dozen times. yolo

Clawww

I do hope he still has some sick burns tho cuz they're hilarious. his quotes wiki is a goldmine of angsty Yankee kitsch

Players have started receiving notice that they are in Japan's 2nd premier event, which they had to apply for.

Yossan
Nemo
Younashi
Aiai
Gonzalez
Sasa
Shiro
Inco
Kindevu
Hameo
Keiji N
1P
Harumi
Kichijojiken
Reiketsu
Hishou
Shimauta

Kumubou

It's probably a good thing I was busy at work all day, as the character announcement thread looks like a real trainwreck. Now at least I can put this Youtube channel's playlist up while going through all this noise.

Man I hate this webcomic, no offense to the author, but just reading it is like stabbing rusted knives dipped in vinegar into my brain, ugh.
How can you hate Kawaiikochans? It's just about two kawaiis who go on boukens with gamesoft. You're making me frownface over here. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't remember. Were Smash players and Mortal Kombat players this bitter about returning characters in their franchise? Or does Street Fighter alone attract these type of people?

It's really depend on characters.

People were extremely bitter about Roy being DLC character (they cited Roy being clone is waste of dlc slot) and Dark Pit being clone-iest clone in Smash 4. Some posters ignore Lucina being clone because she simply have boobs so most of people didn't complain about that.

For Newcomers, there are some people really hate it when Pac Man, Palutena, Rosalina, and Mii Fighters got in the game. The rages and bitter haven't really start until we found out the full roster. No Ridley, No King Rool, No (your favorite characters) That's when it went crazy.

Skilletor

I am 100% content with the roster.

Mika, Cammy, Karin, Charlie for the starting roster as main squeezes. Then I'll definitely just mess around with Ryu, Bison, Ken and Rashid. When/if Alex is revealed, he's played, and I don't know what I'll do if either of the final new characters appeal to me.

I can't fucking wait for this game.

Edit: I do hope that there is at least one zoner and one Gief type grappler (faster grabs, hella life) in the game for diversity's sake.

Horseress

I am 100% content with the roster.

Mika, Cammy, Karin, Charlie for the starting roster as main squeezes. Then I'll definitely just mess around with Ryu, Bison, Ken and Rashid. When/if Alex is revealed, he's played, and I don't know what I'll do if either of the final new characters appeal to me.

I can't fucking wait for this game.

Me too! I'm so ready to dunk fools with ma boy Necalli

Edit: I do hope that there is at least one zoner and one Gief type grappler (faster grabs, hella life) in the game for diversity's sake.

Yeah, this game needs Dhalsim, or someone like him

Infinite

Sunday in Japan, Sat. In the states. I'll have a thread tonight unless somebody beats me to it.
Thanks dude.
Players have started receiving notice that they are in Japan's 2nd premier event, which they had to apply for.

Yossan
Nemo
Younashi
Aiai
Gonzalez
Sasa
Shiro
Inco
Kindevu
Hameo
Keiji N
1P
Harumi
Kichijojiken
Reiketsu
Hishou
Shimauta
Which event is this? The Japanese closed Beta for SFV or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom