• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shin, yes or no to the list request? No pressure, I just want to know.

Nothing says elegance like a boob window. :V
I consider elegance to be a reference to refinery of movement, not dress style. I would say Morrigan is elegant as well, but Nine isn't, and neither is Cammy.

Litchie is a combination of Chun and Vega. Interesting. She isn't elegant though.

Who are the charge characters?
ASW isn't big on charge characters.

Agree to disagree on her elegance.

Shin, yes or no to the list request? No pressure, I just want to know.

I consider elegance to be a reference to refinery of movement, not dress style. I would say Morrigan is elegant as well, but Nine isn't, and neither is Cammy.

ASW isn't big on charge characters.

Agree to disagree on her elegance.

You're right, she does move elegant.

ShinMaruku

Why Capcom nerfed Cammy's vtrigger where I could blender people... I mean I can still do it but I'm ass and can't hit confirm... :(

You're right, she does move elegant.
:)

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make a boob window joke.
I dig.

Well I did forget about him :p
He's probably the least interesting character in the game, visually.

Why Capcom nerfed Cammy's vtrigger where I could blender people... I mean I can still do it but I'm ass and can't hit confirm... :(
Why do I feel ignored. :/

Rhapsody

Banned
I lost to a Kagura at the CF tourney... :(

I don't know how to fight netplay styles offline lol. Getting wakeup grabbed/DP near the start really screwed me up. Same goes for the constant DPs, 6D~C, and command grabs. The first part shouldn't even have been a problem though. Unless they changed the properties and frame data, Izayoi could easily 2A meaty and block the DP.

As for Carl, his new move is so dumb lol. I really do miss Con Tenerezza though. I got a lot of mileage with that move.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I lost to a Kagura at the CF tourney... :(

I don't know how to fight netplay styles offline lol. Getting wakeup grabbed/DP near the start really screwed me up. Same goes for the constant DPs, 6D~C, and command grabs. The first part shouldn't even have been a problem though. Unless they changed the properties and frame data, Izayoi could easily 2A meaty and block the DP.

As for Carl, his new move is so dumb lol. I really do miss Con Tenerezza though. I got a lot of mileage with that move.

Did you ever meet up with prototype? He told me he pm'd you lol

ShinMaruku

:)

Why do I feel ignored. :/
Not ignored I am compiling a listof short to show their game plans.

For example,
NyoTengu: is a range spacing character who has to space her normals and punishes to get optimal damage, she has a great aerial game in a game where very few characters are in the air. She has great ground throw set ups that give guaranteed damage.

Lei Fang: spacing character with all the tools to deal with everything you throw at her due to her parries and offensive holds, her quick lows and set ups with knock down are sublime. If you play the game perfect it's between her and Ayane who is the best damn character in the game. She's kinda viper like in marvel if you play her perfectly she's top 2 easily. Most people can't so she's top 5.

Hitomi: She's great because you can play the string game with her punch parries where if somebody throws a punch you will parry it and hit them and that sets up her knock back wall game. You can also play her as a defensive, knock back whiff punish character where you send people into walls. She's a character with sublime environmental combos with wall bounces giving her follow ups.

Serah: She's a rush down character with good range which allows her to have a great range game and her flamingo stance gives some really nice set ups with pokes and counter hits

Momiji: Spacing queen probably only outshine by only Lei Fang where her long legs are great at poking and she has a tenku set up where she goes into the air and can set up a 4 way mix up she can kick you that will knock you back, a punch which will hit you to the ground, throw where she can reset you do another combo, lastly she can do nothing and then poke again. Also from Tenku she can also do a aerial power blow. Her whole game plan is either stun and launch or you can poke and see if somebody will mash counter where her great throws come into play where she can throw you from a counter into a wall,floor or she can send you back to where she can start her spacing game again.

Ayane: This character is always within top 3 with the great variety in her moves and skill set, however she's hard to use like Lei Fang, she has great evasive moves, her moves send you into bounds,she has 2 critical burst moves that are really easy to use, she has the best midrange game, she does STUPID damage on walls with counter hits and counter throws, if you get high counter thrown near a wall any of her folow ups will take 40% of your life really easily. Outside of Leon,Bass,Bayman and Phase 4 she is one of the few characters that can kill you in 2 wall combos. But you need high counter on walls. Also be mind ful on stages, because she also has wall bounce set ups where she will send you into walls twice and do sick damage, or places with ground danger zones due to her bound combos. Really well designed character and my main.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh yeah, I did! It was cool meeting him for the first time. He placed higher than I did actually lol

Proto almost learns new shit faster than me now.

Best person I taught fighters to lol

BBCT was pretty much the first time he took a 2d fighter seriously

ShinMaruku

Cammy is still getting karma from her AE2012 appearance

image.php

Yeah it's like a mini version of the punching super
I think I'd rather that than tick throws and unblockables. :p

is your avatar man wearing a shirt
Of course not, he's a superior being.

Not ignored I am compiling a listof short to show their game plans.

For example,
NyoTengu: is a range spacing character who has to space her normals and punishes to get optimal damage, she has a great aerial game in a game where very few characters are in the air. She has great ground throw set ups that give guaranteed damage.

Lei Fang: spacing character with all the tools to deal with everything you throw at her due to her parries and offensive holds, her quick lows and set ups with knock down are sublime. If you play the game perfect it's between her and Ayane who is the best damn character in the game. She's kinda viper like in marvel if you play her perfectly she's top 2 easily. Most people can't so she's top 5.

Hitomi: She's great because you can play the string game with her punch parries where if somebody throws a punch you will parry it and hit them and that sets up her knock back wall game. You can also play her as a defensive, knock back whiff punish character where you send people into walls. She's a character with sublime environmental combos with wall bounces giving her follow ups.

Serah: She's a rush down character with good range which allows her to have a great range game and her flamingo stance gives some really nice set ups with pokes and counter hits

Momiji: Spacing queen probably only outshine by only Lei Fang where her long legs are great at poking and she has a tenku set up where she goes into the air and can set up a 4 way mix up she can kick you that will knock you back, a punch which will hit you to the ground, throw where she can reset you do another combo, lastly she can do nothing and then poke again. Also from Tenku she can also do a aerial power blow. Her whole game plan is either stun and launch or you can poke and see if somebody will mash counter where her great throws come into play where she can throw you from a counter into a wall,floor or she can send you back to where she can start her spacing game again.

Ayane: This character is always within top 3 with the great variety in her moves and skill set, however she's hard to use like Lei Fang, she has great evasive moves, her moves send you into bounds,she has 2 critical burst moves that are really easy to use, she has the best midrange game, she does STUPID damage on walls with counter hits and counter throws, if you get high counter thrown near a wall any of her folow ups will take 40% of your life really easily. Outside of Leon,Bass,Bayman and Phase 4 she is one of the few characters that can kill you in 2 wall combos. But you need high counter on walls. Also be mind ful on stages, because she also has wall bounce set ups where she will send you into walls twice and do sick damage, or places with ground danger zones due to her bound combos. Really well designed character and my main.
Thank you!!! :-D I look forward to the whole list.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think I'd rather that than tick throws and unblockables. :p
Carl's new move can actually combo and setup a 3k unblockable too!

CF Carl is dumb lol

I'm going back to Round 1 tonight since it's been awhile. I got my Izayoi from 8 to 11th Dan in one sitting lol. But I might try some more Hibiki. I still need to get my first win with him.

Uploading my first foray onto BB online.

Getting into fights rather than staying in training helped me like a lot more.

Mind that I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm running on straight instinct.

notworksafe

Super hurt that Splatoon requires the Wii U Gamepad. Got it as a gift and was super excited to get into it tonight, but now I'm probably just gonna sell it on CL or here instead :(

notworksafe

There doesn't seem to be anything that really requires the Gamepad to be used either, which makes it even more confusing why I can't use the Pro Pad.

Super hurt that Splatoon requires the Wii U Gamepad. Got it as a gift and was super excited to get into it tonight, but now I'm probably just gonna sell it on CL or here instead :(
Are you sure it does? I think you only need the GamePad if you want to use the launch feature. The demo didn't require it at all.

I played the entire time with my Pro controller. I would ask in the Splatoon OT to be sure.

Who wants to play bb?
Where were you last night? :-(

Evenings are my time to play this week, since wife and baby are asleep.

notworksafe

Are you sure it does? I think you only need the GamePad if you want to use the launch feature. The demo didn't require it at all.

I played the entire time with my Pro controller. I would ask in the Splatoon OT to be sure.

Not a bad idea. I googled and most folks said Gamepad was required but I'll check Splatoon OT to make sure. I want to avoid opening the game if possible if I can't use the Pro Pad.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Where were you last night? :-(

Evenings are my time to play this week, since wife and baby are asleep.

In bed back was killing me x.x Can you play tonight?

Not a bad idea. I googled and most folks said Gamepad was required but I'll check Splatoon OT to make sure. I want to avoid opening the game if possible if I can't use the Pro Pad.

Why cant you use the gamepad? Splatoon plays really good on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom