• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
For anyone that's excited for BBCF, you guys really should just keep playing BBCPEX. I've been juggling both versions with friends because they're similar enough. Doesn't matter if your combo route becomes slightly different, what you learn in one game will transfer in both.

Line_HTX

For anyone that's excited for BBCF, you guys really should just keep playing BBCPEX. I've been juggling both versions with friends because they're similar enough. Doesn't matter if your combo route becomes slightly different, what you learn in one game will transfer in both.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

This'll make things easier as Ragna. Maybe Nu or something.

How do Excel (accel?) attacks work? I haven't read info on that yet.

My main issue is that I'm waiting on Nine, and in the meantime the best thing I can do is watch Nine videos. I've watched over a hundred. They just don't come out fast enough. Plus they tend to have abysmal quality, and only one or two people are doing interesting things with her.

I still enjoy Hakumen, but I don't have passion for him.

I wish I bought Guilty Gear and not Blaz Blue. I still haven't fought a single fight in BB. I dunno, it hasn't clicked yet.
Want to play?

You could always get both.

SFV is nothing like 3S.
Street Fighter is still Street Fighter!

Sure it is. There isn't a 1-1 parallel between it of course but the similarities between it and other SF titles namely alpha 2 are there.

I'm not seeing the 3S connection. People think that because SFV is more in your face, but it's not like 3S is the only SF like that and the zoning/footsies is nothing like 3S so far. Zoning especially.

Tornix

Exactly what I'm doing with Izayoi in BBCPEX. BB has always been a series I've kept trying to get into, but always got bored with so I'm hoping CF will keep me hooked.

I'm not seeing the 3S connection. People think that because SFV is more in your face, but it's not like 3S is the only SF like that and the zoning/footsies is nothing like 3S so far. Zoning especially.

I think part of the comparisons stem from the normal priority system being in SFV and a weaker fireball game.

When I saw the first trailer initially I thought it looked a bit like 3s or that it'd play like it.

the biggest similarity between the two that i've noticed is how good/fast forward dashing is.

Tornix, if you want to do some BB sometime, I'm up for it.

For Karst, here is some great Lady Kstoute matehs to show you how she is to be played and her spacing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ItXRqqs7Y
Lightsonic is very good.
If he is very good, why did you beat him? :p

I didn't really see anything interesting about Nyotengu in that video. The throw combo was beefy, like you said, but I didn't see any of that interesting aerial mobility you talked about. Is it actually useful, or just aesthetic like her wind gust?

This is the first 3D fighter I want to learn outside of Soul Calibur, and I don't want to spend too much time figuring out a main. :p

What was that move where Nyotengu charged forward and you dodged it?

When I saw the first trailer initially I thought it looked a bit like 3s or that it'd play like it.

the biggest similarity between the two that i've noticed is how good/fast forward dashing is.
3S forward dashing is on its own level. Direct_Quote kept dashing in and grabbing me, and I couldn't even get c.MK out in time to punish when I was looking for it. -_-

Exr

SF5 still looks so limited to me, granted I havent played it at all. The lack of a big mechanic like a parry or a focus still makes me worried that the game wont be as dynamic as Id hope. More looking forward to Tekken 7 and KoF strange as it sounds...hopefully ill warm up to 5 when I get my hands on it in Feb.

Tornix

That's true Cindi. It's just that every article I saw that talked about it would only reference 3S. I'm also the same with BB as you. Another reason why I got bored with the series.

I'd be down Karst. I'll have to relearn Azrael again while I'm at it. I had so much fun with him in CP.

ShinMaruku

Tornix, if you want to do some BB sometime, I'm up for it.

If he is very good, why did you beat him? :p

I didn't really see anything interesting about Nyotengu in that video. The throw combo was beefy, like you said, but I didn't see any of that interesting aerial mobility you talked about. Is it actually useful, or just aesthetic like her wind gust?

This is the first 3D fighter I want to learn outside of Soul Calibur, and I don't want to spend too much time figuring out a main. :p

What was that move where Nyotengu charged forward and you dodged it?
The reason you saw little of the arial mobility is because Ayane in particular can blow her up, there is a reason why Bboy said she's a mobile character. If you space correctly Ayane will evade an attack and whiff punish. The Wind gust is a ranged attack that must either be side stepped or blocked, it can scoop people out of the air.

I'll find more Lady sktoute vids with LightSonic we go 40/60 in his favor most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-b1xde2LDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mjiKAAg5c

If you buy last round you get everybody yes.

I just watched the GGXrd sign trailer and yeah, I should have went with that. I don't "get" Blaz Blue's characters. Usually I can find something appealing in most of a fighters cast but I can't find anything in BB besides Kokonoe. It doesn't help most of the characters have their own meter and are played with really unorthodox fighting styles.

I'll get GGXRd. Can't wait to bring out the MILLIA RAGE.

There's a local GG group so I plan on visiting.

SF5 still looks so limited to me, granted I havent played it at all. The lack of a big mechanic like a parry or a focus still makes me worried that the game wont be as dynamic as Id hope. More looking forward to Tekken 7 and KoF strange as it sounds...hopefully ill warm up to 5 when I get my hands on it in Feb.
I wish they would change the V-Trigger system so that it's a permanent power-up for each character. I think it would be awesome if you could "upgrade" each character 3 times throughout a match, each time adding a twist to how the game plays. It would be pretty hype, too.

I've never played XRD. I used to play the original XX. I like a lot of characters. May, Milia, Ky, Axl, Ino, most of the cast really. GGXX was my fighter in my high school days.
BenStillerDoIt.gif

That's true Cindi. It's just that every article I saw that talked about it would only reference 3S. I'm also the same with BB as you. Another reason why I got bored with the series.

I'd be down Karst. I'll have to relearn Azrael again while I'm at it. I had so much fun with him in CP.
I am going to try Alpha out soon and see if it's more like SFV than 3S is.

Are we already friends on PSN? I forgot. PSNID is Karsticles.

The reason you saw little of the arial mobility is because Ayane in particular can blow her up, there is a reason why Bboy said she's a mobile character. If you space correctly Ayane will evade an attack and whiff punish. The Wind gust is a ranged attack that must either be side stepped or blocked, it can scoop people out of the air.

I'll find more Lady sktoute vids with LightSonic we go 40/60 in his favor most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-b1xde2LDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mjiKAAg5c

If you buy last round you get everybody yes.
Cool. Would you do me a significant favor in helping me find a main, and give me a list of characters along with major pros/cons they come with? Just a few words per character, like:

Nyotengu: good aerial mobility, damage, and throw combos, but slow.

If that's too much to ask, no big deal. I am thinking about how in every game I play, I use a projectile character. Except for Street Fighter IV, because I don't like the risk/reward system at play there. In SFV, too, I don't use a projectile character. I need a bigger scope of knowledge to evaluate how my style of play will translate to Dead or Alive 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PaRqIUiHSg&feature=youtu.be&t=48m44s

That hype comeback
that got denied

also LOL at the puppets new move
The berserker barrage move?

I'm picking random in BB. I WILL find a character I like.
You strike me as a Litchi player. I know very little about you. :p

Rhapsody

Banned
How do Excel (accel?) attacks work? I haven't read info on that yet.

My main issue is that I'm waiting on Nine, and in the meantime the best thing I can do is watch Nine videos. I've watched over a hundred. They just don't come out fast enough. Plus they tend to have abysmal quality, and only one or two people are doing interesting things with her.
EA are usable only during Overdrive, input is the burst input while in OD. Minimum damage is somewhat low, so it's best to use it as a reversal or from a suitable OD combo. The move has invul, but doesn't seem to be that great (no idea if its universal on the amount). If used raw when your character is in Active Flow, it does a whopping 4k. If you've never reached Active Flow yet in the round, landing in EA will automatically put you into Active Flow afterwards (which is faster burst regen and more damage dealt during the 10 seconds AF is active).
Exactly what I'm doing with Izayoi in BBCPEX. BB has always been a series I've kept trying to get into, but always got bored with so I'm hoping CF will keep me hooked.
She's the one I'm using most. Fortunately her routes are very similar to the point where I can easily switch between the two versions of BB.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
SFV is nothing like 3S.

Woah, I'd take that back. SF is SF no matter which version it is.

I've thought about it again and again and rewritten this a couple of times. I don't want to write an essay on game design so I'll keep it simple, not to say that you're wrong or right, just that the game hasn't released yet so I have to temper my expectations of it for now. SFV is basically a re-imagining of 3rd Strike. Removing the majority of the flaws parries brought into the game and making it not as powerful as it was and making fireballs viable as a footsies tool. Sure it can be used to zone, but that type of strategy is much more punishable now and expands the thought process in the game instead of mindlessly chunking fireballs, hoping that they consecutively hit you.

ShinMaruku

Nothing says elegance like a boob window. :V

FlimsyFewAsianlion.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
SFV feels like SF3 without parries and better fireballs. The footsies in that game reminds me of it, just with slower walk speed.
Litchie is a combination of Chun and Vega. Interesting. She isn't elegant though.

Who are the charge characters?

Kagura is the only charge character from what I remember (barring any characters with one random charge move).

But even then, he's a bit different than what you'd expect

Anne

The good comparison of 3S > 5 is the pacing, aggressiveness, and footsies all play similarly. Watch high level 3S, lots of walking and aggravated poking, then somebody gets thrown 7 times in a row cause there's high risk. Lots of explosions once walking stops. It's different than 3S in the sense 3S has a metric fuck ton of setplay and parry causes some weird situations to happen.

Game is probably somewhere between the first two Alpha games and 3S as far as pacing and situations go. It's pretty neat that it's kind of it's own thing with that.

Also Litchi is a hyperly aggressive rushdown character, she controls space really well cause staff, but the entire point of staff is to put them in blockstun so you can do stuff freely.

Kalamari

I've found BB a little easier to get into than Xrd despite the added complexity. It just feels more fluid for some reason, and the timing required is more uniform for combos and such. At least for the characters I have tried out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom