• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
My Juri and ibooty will be waiting in towels. :E

9e700e419cd6a0b4f5171a014ecad5d0-d4yy0e2.jpg
would you ever play a male character

Shin, a question:
Sometimes I see Nyotengu float instead of walk. Is that a stance change, or something? Or purely cosmetic?

I just find it very uncomfortable to use for any extended period. It's a bummer too because imo the Pro Pad is the best controller of this generation.
Agreed and agreed. GamePad is easily the worst thing about the Wii U.

Which reminds me - we never got around to playing Smash. Want a set later tonight?

notworksafe

Sure I'll hit you up later tonight when I get home. Don't expect any decent level of skill though lol. I don't know shit about Smash.

ShinMaruku

Shin, a question:
Sometimes I see Nyotengu float instead of walk. Is that a stance change, or something? Or purely cosmetic?
Stance change that allows her to hit airborne people and set up different throws and other moves, if somebody is back turned she can do 70% life combos off it.

Stance change that allows her to hit airborne people and set up different throws and other moves, if somebody is back turned she can do 70% life combos off it.
Ah, thank you.

Your descriptions have been great so far - thank you!

You should save them all to help get more people into DoA.

Sure I'll hit you up later tonight when I get home. Don't expect any decent level of skill though lol. I don't know shit about Smash.
No worries. It's all in good fun.

Kumubou

4gamer interviewed a bunch of JP developers about what they plan on doing in 2016. One of them was Nobuya Narita, the producer at French Bread:

In 2016 we’re planning to release a proper console version of (that game you know about) and a new-ish arcade game, so please be excited for those.

The console version is almost certainly for UNIEST (as the only other game they've worked on recently, DBFC just has its arcade revision released on console -- Aksys demoing the game at their tournament in February is also in line with that) and the "new-ish" game (what a weird phrase to choose -- and that does seem to line up with the original 4gamer text, from what I can tell) is... well, given comments made by Kamone Serizawa (designer and battle planner at French Bread) in an earlier interview regarding a new Melty Blood, that would point to a remake/remaster/whatever of the game.

ohboyohboyohboy

4gamer interviewed a bunch of JP developers about what they plan on doing in 2016. One of them was Nobuya Narita, the producer at French Bread:

The console version is almost certainly for UNIEST (as the only other game they've worked on recently, DBFC just has its arcade revision released on console -- Aksys demoing the game at their tournament in February is also in line with that) and the "new-ish" game (what a weird phrase to choose -- and that does seem to line up with the original 4gamer text, from what I can tell) is... well, given comments made by Kamone Serizawa (designer and battle planner at French Bread) in an earlier interview regarding a new Melty Blood, that would point to a remake/remaster/whatever of the game.

ohboyohboyohboy

PC still getting the old version of UNIEL next year tho?

WarRock

Man, Alex is cool. That MP elbow feels good.

I wish they would change the V-Trigger system so that it's a permanent power-up for each character. I think it would be awesome if you could "upgrade" each character 3 times throughout a match, each time adding a twist to how the game plays. It would be pretty hype, too.
So you want to play Q? :V

Kumubou

PC still getting the old version of UNIEL next year tho?
Yeah... and they (presumably?) won't be able to use the excuse that the newer version isn't available outside of arcades at that point.

Watch as they announce the new version of MB days before the Steam release, so that game isn't current either. :x

Nightii

Banned
Splatoon OT regular here, the Gamepad is the only way to play Splatoon I'm afraid, the Pro is only available to a second player in the crappy 1v1 mode.

I strongly recommend that you give the game, Gamepad and all, a long shot. I'm not a really fan of the thing's ergonomics either, but it works surprisingly well with Splatoon once you get the hang of the gyro controls, you can hold it lightl grip to not cramp your hands and play smoothly without tiring yourself.

MrDaravon

Old? Kenny Omega is the next guest on Excellent Adventures, preview here. Heard the name but I don't watch wrestling so have no context for this.

Also what's up with the sudden outpouring of 3S love lately? I've barely ever touched the game so I don't have much of an opinion either way (other than that the game looks gorgeous in motion), but it seems like recently it's all over the place with people talking about it or playing it again. Some sort of side-effect from the upcoming SF4 -> SFV transition?

Old? Kenny Omega is the next guest on Excellent Adventures, preview here. Heard the name but I don't watch wrestling so have no context for this.

Also what's up with the sudden outpouring of 3S love lately? I've barely ever touched the game so I don't have much of an opinion either way (other than that the game looks gorgeous in motion), but it seems like recently it's all over the place with people talking about it or playing it again. Some sort of side-effect from the upcoming SF4 -> SFV transition?

yessssssss

shaowebb

KENNY FUCKING OMEGA
rCdnetS.gif

He is and he is legit actually. In japan he actually draws a crowd with his Cody in SFIV. He uses a hadouken as a strike to kneeling opponents and at one point did zangiefs ultra to a blow up doll in a match he had with it. Legit awesome nerd. Here is the footage of him doing Zangief's Ultra in a match

Current NJPW junior heavyweight champion. He's pretty hilarious at all times and now after joining Bullet Club and going heel as Kenny "The Cleaner" Omega he is even more hilarious because when he went heel he did it the most over the top way ever. Suddenly had dark stubble everywhere, wore nothing but black, frowned, had shades and bad guy gloves and adapted a moniker...a really really dumb one too for the lulz.

xcZuKPM.jpg

Check out his over the top hilariously insane heel intro he came up with :)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Iirc a judgement will happen if the round ends in a draw. Three judges show up and they decide who won.

Ah, thank you.

He is and he is legit actually. In japan he actually draws a crowd with his Cody in SFIV. He uses a hadouken as a strike to kneeling opponents and at one point did zangiefs ultra to a blow up doll in a match he had with it. Legit awesome nerd. Here is the footage of him doing Zangief's Ultra in a match

I haven't seen that video since it was Super days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom