• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikirin

So some of you know I work as a freelancer for french websites/magazines and I only write about fighting games. I'm launching a new project still about fighting games but this time in english.

It's called FG Weekly and it's a weekly newsletter about fighting games. My goal is to find the more interesting and quality news/articles/posts/videos each week and send them to you directly in your mailbox.

I also intend (even if I didn't mention it on the website) to put in light the names of content creators so people can start to identify and remember them. Also I want to put varied things inside. It can be a well edited combo movie, a tournament result page like EH does or a big translation from japanese like SRK did a few days ago. And of course, various games (even dojins!) because that's cool.

I hope you'll enjoy it and will share it. :)

Subscribed!

notworksafe

As of last night, I have even more old man games in the house...and one more on the way.

aw41NXW.jpg

Didn't even know there was a version of SFA3 for Naomi until I got this thing...it's pretty dope

xCobalt

when was he not top/high tier?

The only moment I could think where he wasn't top tier was the initial release of AE, and it wasn't because Akuma was worse. It was because Yun and Yang got released and stomped everybody. Then add fei getting buffed IIRC

Meant specifically for usf4.

Akuma is pretty much still top 5, hes up there with eryu imo.

He's a great character but I think he falls just outside the top 5 in usf4 whereas he was always too 3 or top 5 in the previous iterations.

Hyun Sai

So some of you know I work as a freelancer for french websites/magazines and I only write about fighting games. I'm launching a new project still about fighting games but this time in english.

It's called FG Weekly and it's a weekly newsletter about fighting games. My goal is to find the more interesting and quality news/articles/posts/videos each week and send them to you directly in your mailbox.

I also intend (even if I didn't mention it on the website) to put in light the names of content creators so people can start to identify and remember them. Also I want to put varied things inside. It can be a well edited combo movie, a tournament result page like EH does or a big translation from japanese like SRK did a few days ago. And of course, various games (even dojins!) because that's cool.

Subscribed, but I didn't receive the confirmation mail, I guess I'll try again later.

Nightii

Banned
If he's not in the SF5 starting roster I can't imagine he'll be in the game. Not like anyone will want to purchase that character ala carte.

Eh, you'd be surprised, among the niche few Deejay fans and OCD completionists I can see the likes of him being used to pad out certain years.

ShinMaruku

I wanted to say I appreciate you two writing up those quick "character in a nutshell" lists. So, thanks very much.

I recently won a $25 gift card from a holiday party at my job, and I'm looking to spend it on DOA Last Round for PS4. I hope to get some sessions in when I have time off of work. On a related note, hopefully most places I shop at accept American Express, because that's what the gift card is.

No problem if we get 2 people into doa that would be fine.

I'll see what week 1 is like, but I am curious.

notworksafe

the explanation is the same as it is for any time this comes up in anime anything: pedophilia is somehow a hilarious joke

cue blazblue fans chiming in with "You just don't UNDERSTAND"

Line_HTX

Worst character of all time with the most gimmicky shit ever.

Deserves to be hit with Vergil Level 4.

Actually no. She should always be destroyed by Makoto's Fist of the North Star Astral.

peter0611

Well, there's a reason fighters are so niche. Most people don't play video games to go through months of humiliation and frustration just to get decent.

ShinMaruku

Well, there's a reason fighters are so niche. Most people don't play video games to go through months of humiliation and frustration just to get decent.

Exactly why when people say "Fighting games should be as big as CS or LoL" are batshit insane.

DJ is the worst character ever made not Platinum

ShinMaruku

CS and LoL/Dota aren't exactly easy to get into.

Bigger player base makes them easier to get into.
LoL has millions on the bottum, they have people to get there. Dota I give you, but they were right place right time. There will never be right place right time for fighters.

Kikirin

Nah, you still get humiliated after that

It never stops

Too true.

At least when you're a beginner, only people more experienced than you are clowning on you. When you get decent, you're (sometimes) clowned on by people less experienced than you, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom