• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris

Disco Devil
I went to the FPS darkside and I've been getting bopped a little too much. Who wanna play some Xrd or 3s or garou??? ultra? jojo?

So about this image. It happened last night.

WaRjVMZ.jpg

What gives?

Someone explain.
You were fighting a Taokaka player or CPU, weren't you? Tao barely remembers names, so she calls Ragna the "Good Guy" because he bought her food. Sometimes she even forgets that and she assumes anything new to her is food. She is literally a cross between Goku and a cat in that sense. Platinum just can't stop calling Ragna a pedo because she hates him. If little girls were like that irl I wouldn't even come within 100 meters of them. -_-

rookiejet

I've been looking up Sin matches and have seen it used a few times. The burst/super thing, I have no idea what's the difference in that vs a regular wakeup super.

some characters' supers don't work well as reversals (for example sin's) because of lack of invulnerable frames or slow startup, burst super gives full invulnerability and changes startup length for some characters' i think tho i'm not sure about that last part

I went to the FPS darkside and I've been getting bopped a little too much. Who wanna play some Xrd or 3s or garou??? ultra? jojo?

how about hearthstone

shaowebb

If I ever play that I'd probably use Shana just because she's awesome

A lot of folks place her and Kirino at the top from what I read awhile back in Climax so probably not a bad choice :)
If you wanna see awesome Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition stuff check out D-1 Festival DFCI tournament. This thing was LOADED with solid players for just about the whole cast. Super long and stylish combos.

Morris

Disco Devil
some characters' supers don't work well as reversals (for example sin's) because of lack of invulnerable frames or slow startup, burst super gives full invulnerability and changes startup length for some characters' i think tho i'm not sure about that last part

how about hearthstone

Nay I don't wanna go down that path. RNG is the devil, man.

You down for some Xrd? I actually haven't played in a while. I bet my Elphie is butt now.

CPS2

You were fighting a Taokaka player or CPU, weren't you? Tao barely remembers names, so she calls Ragna the "Good Guy" because he bought her food. Sometimes she even forgets that and she assumes anything new to her is food. She is literally a cross between Goku and a cat in that sense. Platinum just can't stop calling Ragna a pedo because she hates him. If little girls were like that irl I wouldn't even come within 100 meters of them. -_-
Either that or its some kinda of subliminal message that pedos are good guys.

JeTmAn81

Do you guys think a new Star Wars fighting game could be interesting? It's been almost twenty years since the crappy Masters of Teras Kasi. That always seemed like a missed opportunity. I'd love to see a 2D Star Wars fighting game including characters from all the movies and other fiction which have occurred since 1997.

Line_HTX

Speaking of Anime Fighters I've been playing more Dengeki. At first it felt slower than other fighters, but then I started to realize that trump cards last a LONG while once activated and during trump card states your combo options are FAR greater. You get things like OTG properties, new links between moves, cancels, and even additional hits and new properties to specials like launchers and wall bounces. Once I started abusing the long lasting trump cards for combos with less reservation I started getting half health stuff pretty easy out of folks.

Yukina and her spear and Kirito feel pretty good for combos. Especially Kirito. Yukina can link any knockdown into a ton of hits but Kirito can simply start and end better IMO. The main thing I am finding so far in this game is that as far as assists go, due to the limited combos options on some things its often best to look for assists that are for relaunches. Launcher combos are hard to get for some folks outside of Anti Air stuff and most air combos need double jumping into somekind of player grounding followup into super for real damage. This is why Kirito felt good...he could finish things up with super and relaunch assists mean longer combos that give him more meter to use for this stuff again later.

Can't wait to play Ignition sometime. Climax feels pretty good.

Kirito is like Vergil. He just needs more power.

Do you guys think a new Star Wars fighting game could be interesting? It's been almost twenty years since the crappy Masters of Teras Kasi. That always seemed like a missed opportunity. I'd love to see a 2D Star Wars fighting game including characters from all the movies and other fiction which have occurred since 1997.

Absolutely. I'd main Rey.

If TR-8R was playable I'd play it.

xCobalt

Doubtful. When you have a franchise as big as star wars, a fighting game isn't exactly the best way to capitalize on it. They seem to be doing a pretty good job of catering to the market at the right time too (battlefront, kotor, lego). Although I hear the mmo didn't do very well. It's also pretty difficult (maybe impossible) for new IPs to flourish in the fighting game genre.

Either that or its some kinda of subliminal message that pedos are good guys.
Definitely the former. It's part of a recurring them with Ragna. He really has bad luck with women.
Only if Emperor Palpatine cackles in the background during pushblocks or after someone gets chipped to death.
Lol at Activision buying MLG. Guess that means no more fighting games/Smash for MLG in the future.
Esports - $46,000,000

Fighting games - $8.95

Dahbomb

Controversial opinion but I never saw the appeal for a Star Wars fighting game. Mostly because any character worth a damn is a jedi/sith so it would be a game where 80% of the roster is some light Saber wielding dude.

Better make a Berserk fighting game instead!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
happy new years fgc folks, gonna drink some negra modelo and enjoy the night at home. year has honestly been ridiculous and next one will be even more since I'm practically going to a tournament a month.

Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal is the only one you need.

yah, thats on my watchlist.

im no casual. dont insult me breh.

OPM is clearly the love story of Genos and Saitama

Very heartfelt and Saitama has some deep thoughts

:D

I saw some genderbend stuff that my friend showed me where genos is a chick. holy fuck man.

Never played CvS2 but it definitely is on my radar. What caught my eye is how they mentioned a new generation of street fighter and to stay tune for next year. There has to be a hint there... Capcom Cup is clearly being made to form a league of sorts for Capcom games so I'm just patiently waiting to see which new game is going to be added next to SFV. That or it can be the crowd funding source through DLC that KI is doing that everyone is guessing about.

CvS2 PS4 port is probably happening.

CvS3 doesn't make sense for Capcom- TxSF is going to be coming in a few years, and honestly? SNK isn't close to on their level right now.

Don't say port please, we need new games.

Laura play was too flowchart and obvious, gotta bait out the counter hit from Ice and punish him for it, he did it so many times throughout the matches. DFL caught on during the last match though.

Should I buy it or wait for that new Blazblue Q? I'm willing to grind and become a true weeb.

No more Berserk projects until Miura does another two or three volumes. At this rate I'm going to have more grey hairs than Guts by the time he and his crew make it back to Midland.

Astarte

I can see a CvS2 port on the PS4 I guess.

Nice, finally got a shipping notice for my PS4 Hitbox.

Ooh, nice. My hitbox is gathering dust because I found myself unable to play any cab fighting games when I finally got the chance to :/

No more Berserk projects until Miura does another two or three volumes. At this rate I'm going to have more grey hairs than Guts by the time he and his crew make it back to Midland.

Ha, not with that im@s summer 2016 delay mixup

Dahbomb

In the time since Berserk began (assuming it began in 1988)... I have been born, finished elementary school, middle school, high school, undergraduate college, medical school, had sex, finished my residency, got a job and worked my ass off, gotten engaged, witnessed the death of all my grand parents, got to play DMC1-DMC4SE, got to witness the 2015 E3 conference of dreams...

By the time he releases the next volume I will probably be married and have a kid, finished my computer science/engineering degree (yes I am planning on doing this on the side because I want to get into the game industry if I can) and have played/finished Devil May Cry 5.

If Berserk ever finishes I am going to be like this old lady:

tumblr_inline_mru6pebj0e1qz4rgp.gif

No, that Plat beat me. *I* was Tao tao.

Rhapsody

Banned
Time to enlighten myself.

Yes, definitely do it, especially at that price. Doesn't matter if there's a new game in arcades, it'll take awhile.

You can spend valuable time learning mechanics and matchups in the time of a year. Adjusting to new combos only takes like a week at most when most everything's optimized by then.

kirblar

Don't say port please, we need new games.
We're getting an truckload of them next year. Hopefully they're planning out whatever comes next after SFV for Capcom - I just don't think CVS3 makes any sense whatsoever at being that game for about a billion reasons, a CVS2 port, though, would help cross-promote KOF 14.

In the time since Berserk began (assuming it began in 1988)... I have been born, finished elementary school, middle school, high school, undergraduate college, medical school, had sex, finished my residency, got a job and worked my ass off, gotten engaged, witnessed the death of all my grand parents, got to play DMC1-DMC4SE, got to witness the 2015 E3 conference of dreams...

By the time he releases the next volume I will probably be married and have a kid, finished my computer science/engineering degree (yes I am planning on doing this on the side because I want to get into the game industry if I can) and have played/finished Devil May Cry 5.

If Berserk ever finishes I am going to be like this old lady:

tumblr_inline_mru6pebj0e1qz4rgp.gif

This is like me and Detective Conan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom