• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Tempted to try a stick again. Need to find a carpenter to nail it to a table or desk or something so I can drive my wheelchair up to it, though.

Got into an accident in October and got some nerve damage / tingles on my left arm / hand, so not backdashing / forward dashing as quickly as I used to. Of all the things to rage about, the accident hurting gaming ability feels odd being #1. Maybe a stick is easier.

So about this image. It happened last night.

WaRjVMZ.jpg

What gives?

Someone explain.

she's anime grill Deadpool

Clawww

jerry1594

Tempted to try a stick again. Need to find a carpenter to nail it to a table or desk or something so I can drive my wheelchair up to it, though.

Got into an accident in October and got some nerve damage / tingles on my left arm / hand, so not backdashing / forward dashing as quickly as I used to. Of all the things to rage about, the accident hurting gaming ability feels odd being #1. Maybe a stick is easier.
Have you tried a hitbox? If you have use of your four left fingers it should serve you well.

honestly tho I'm not even sure how I'd feel about a CvS3 today. I shared some of DS fan's ambivalence at the notion of a modern sequel. Like there's no way it's going to nail the vibes, even if the game is good. Not that I'm against it, and that was a pretty exciting tease/shoutout, mostly because that's the GOAT announcer tho
It wouldn't be hard, especially if SNK is willing to play ball. I kinda wanna see some SF characters use HD Mode tbh

kirblar

CvS2 PS4 port is probably happening.

CvS3 doesn't make sense for Capcom- TxSF is going to be coming in a few years, and honestly? SNK isn't close to on their level right now.

shaowebb

We need Capcom vs Sega.

I actually got bored and wrote up a fantasy roster for that once. It was fun figuring out interesting surprise cast from both that seemed fitting. I like the idea of making an actual playable Death Adder from Golden Ax. His boomerang ax throws from the game and armor would be nice to see undertaken for a vs game. I also enjoyed the concept of putting Captain Commando back in from capcom to face Phantasy Star IV's Alys Brangwin would could similarly call her game's other cast in for attacks. The idea of finally giving the heartbroken fans a return of Alys was a fun thought plus the other characters would let her use actual macro attacks.

All fanboy dreams I'm sure. Still they are fun and enjoyable daydreams that passed the time on break for me.

New Blitz shield that you can charge after blitzing into a focus crumple sort of thing.

The side dust now works midscreen because it sends people tumbling on the ground.

some burst super thing nobody uses

I've been looking up Sin matches and have seen it used a few times. The burst/super thing, I have no idea what's the difference in that vs a regular wakeup super.

Joule

I've been looking up Sin matches and have seen it used a few times. The burst/super thing, I have no idea what's the difference in that vs a regular wakeup super.

Generally speaking burst overdrives have full start up invul and do 20% more damage. If they hit they also restore a third of your burst gauge. Supposedly they might have other benefits specific to an overdrive but I'm not aware of those details.

How many more mechanics can they fit into this damn game b, it's gotta be over 40 by Revelator

Good matches. DaFeetLee goes for Laura's target combo more than I do (I don't go for it ever tbh). Saw some other things that I saw in Rocwell/Jibbo's Laura as well. I couldn't find out what to do after a far st.HK Crush counter but I've found out the answer is mp. Elbow :p. ah I just wanna play again

Rhapsody

Banned
Treating Hibiki in BBCF as if he was Slayer made him a much more fun character. I'm starting to piece together all the tools while messing with possible OSes. A lot of this would be easier if I had frame data for him, but some I can do without.

Been having a lot more ideas on how to incorporate his drives outside of combos too which is great.

Honestly thought he was super boring at first, but the ways you can force your opponent to act a certain way is extremely fun.

shaowebb

I have a problem.

I'm addicted to trying to figure out how fighting game characters and systems work.

Welcome to my life

Same. I collect and hunt down all fighting games now. There is so much to study and see. I love testing out different meta environments and trying to figure out what tools promote and deter within those systems and then brainstorm of their possible potentials outside those environments or with subtle changes. Its why I liked Arcana Heart so much. Those Arcana's are pretty much entire movesets you can slap onto a ton of already detailed and character specific tool loaded movesets. Doin things like taking Nazuna and her ridiculous unique meter fueled zoning and coupling it with stuff like homing orbs, beams or armor is just wild.

Speaking of Anime Fighters I've been playing more Dengeki. At first it felt slower than other fighters, but then I started to realize that trump cards last a LONG while once activated and during trump card states your combo options are FAR greater. You get things like OTG properties, new links between moves, cancels, and even additional hits and new properties to specials like launchers and wall bounces. Once I started abusing the long lasting trump cards for combos with less reservation I started getting half health stuff pretty easy out of folks.

Yukina and her spear and Kirito feel pretty good for combos. Especially Kirito. Yukina can link any knockdown into a ton of hits but Kirito can simply start and end better IMO. The main thing I am finding so far in this game is that as far as assists go, due to the limited combos options on some things its often best to look for assists that are for relaunches. Launcher combos are hard to get for some folks outside of Anti Air stuff and most air combos need double jumping into somekind of player grounding followup into super for real damage. This is why Kirito felt good...he could finish things up with super and relaunch assists mean longer combos that give him more meter to use for this stuff again later.

Can't wait to play Ignition sometime. Climax feels pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom