• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Well...at least you gave it a try.

It's the best smt game. It's followed by nocturne.
It doesn't insult your intelligence, doesn't give you shit, and is incredible.

I got to like the 5th dungeon I believe, realized it wasn't for me, and put it down. I would have been more of a fan of the game if it handled itself sort of in a way metriod prime handled the planet you explored. Instead it was a slog through dungeon to dungeon while experiencing a very predicable SMT scenario. I'm not a fan of strict dungeon crawlers in general however so the game was never going to appeal to my tastes. My favorite SMT games are Nocturne followed by DDS1.

jerry1594

Well...at least you gave it a try.

It's the best smt game. It's followed by nocturne.
It doesn't insult your intelligence, doesn't give you shit, and is incredible.
It's the only MT game ive been interested in trying. Is it a first person dungeon crawler like the old games or am i remembering random stuff

Astarte

I got to like the 5th dungeon I believe, realized it wasn't for me, and put it down. I would have been more of a fan of the game if it handled itself sort of in a way metriod prime handled the planet you explored. Instead it was a slog through dungeon to dungeon while experiencing a very predicable SMT scenario. I'm not a fan of strict dungeon crawlers in general however so the game was never going to appeal to my tastes. My favorite SMT games are Nocturne followed by DDS1.

Yeah, and it's fine. It's really different strokes for different folks, but I recommend that any person who wants to really dip into the SMT pool try out Strange Journey. I'm a masochist and love first person dungeon crawling so it was great for me.

It's the only MT game ive been interested in trying. Is it a first person dungeon crawler like the old games or am i remembering random stuff

It's a first person dungeon crawler, yeah.

Ha, not with that im@s summer 2016 delay mixup
Too late, idolmaster for PS4 will come out before then.

spookyYoaaa
VR idolmaster is going to kill manga and anime.
In the time since Berserk began (assuming it began in 1988)... I have been born, finished elementary school, middle school, high school, undergraduate college, medical school, had sex, finished my residency, got a job and worked my ass off, gotten engaged, witnessed the death of all my grand parents, got to play DMC1-DMC4SE, got to witness the 2015 E3 conference of dreams...

By the time he releases the next volume I will probably be married and have a kid, finished my computer science/engineering degree (yes I am planning on doing this on the side because I want to get into the game industry if I can) and have played/finished Devil May Cry 5.

If Berserk ever finishes I am going to be like this old lady:

tumblr_inline_mru6pebj0e1qz4rgp.gif
Only 83 years to go now.
No, that Plat beat me. *I* was Tao tao.
Still got the match up right. :3

2016 is the year of 3S

Those Alex and Urien rumors were a Godsend. Sucks that Chun is nearly Saitama tier in it, but fightcade isn't tournament level anyways.

Line_HTX

Happy New Year, Fighting Game GAF!

Here's a toast to Tekken 7 Fated Retribution and Blazblue Central Fiction!

2016 Year of the Fighter, maybe? XD

Korigama

Happy New Year. Hm, guess I could ring it in with some beatings, given or received. Any UNIEL or BBCPEX players here? I haven't tried the online in either yet.

jerry1594

2016 is the year of 3S

Those Alex and Urien rumors were a Godsend. Sucks that Chun is nearly Saitama tier in it, but fightcade isn't tournament level anyways.
Fightcade sucks. Played on it earlier. So much wacky shit happens because of a few frames dropping here and there, and the rollback. Dash in mixup nonsense is viable unless you have a sub-100 wired connection both ways.

Fightcade sucks. Played on it earlier. So much wacky shit happens because of a few frames dropping here and there, and the rollback. Dash in mixup nonsense is viable unless you have a sub-100 wired connection both ways.
PC GGPO is really strange. I've put hundreds of hours into SG and it's not uncommon for me to fight a 250 ping opponent (or someone literally from Japan) without a single rollback at a frame delay setting of 1 or 2. PC GGPO and fightcade on the other hand usually gives me rollbacks as soon as I hit a ping of 150 or so, but it's still pretty good.

So strange

Coda

I really wish I could play more Third Strike with people. The Dreamcast version is a dream which is the only copy I own and I got rid of my 360 so I have no online play available to me I suppose.

FACE

Banned
PC GGPO is really strange. I've put hundreds of hours into SG and it's not uncommon for me to fight a 250 ping opponent (or someone literally from Japan) without a single rollback at a frame delay setting of 1 or 2. PC GGPO and fightcade on the other hand usually gives me rollbacks as soon as I hit a ping of 150 or so, but it's still pretty good.

So strange

I played the PC version of SG with a fellow gaffer from the Netherlands and it incredibly smooth, whatever Lab Zero did should've become the standard for netcodes.

I played the PC version of SG with a fellow gaffer from the Netherlands and it incredibly smooth, whatever Lab Zero did should've become the standard for netcodes.
Sort of like how the PS3 fightstick driver works great for L0, but no one else seems to get it to work right.

Nightii

Banned
Happy almost New Year, FGaf! May 2015 be filled with hype and as little dumbfuckery as possible!

...New Year's Eve kinda sucks when spending it home alone. Netflix has nothing good left for me to watch, Splatoon is a nightmare with 99.5% of Japanese players running rampant tonight, I have run out of Mario Maker stages to play for now, and Mario Kart 8 GAF is obviously not playing tonight.

I guess I could go fight randoms in Smash 4 *shudder*... I miss my PC lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom