• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
aqN6e1C.jpg

When you make Help Me change from his fun getup
He gets serious

Iconic outfit right there. Make it canon.

Numb

You can always find better stuff in concept. Especially when they don't have those dumb ass bunny arms. Jeez what a trainwreck.

Also Harada and Ono trolling.
Tekken X Streetfighter. Still waiting

jerry1594

Muh roster slots

I like Lucky Chloe, she is harmless and the way she clashes with the usual Tekken BuffGruff Dudes delights me, I need more like her.
Wtf are you talking about, as if there aren't a ton of fanbase pandering female characters, she's just the high pitched nasal cat voice model.

You can always find better stuff in concept. Especially when they don't have those dumb ass bunny arms. Jeez what a trainwreck.

Also Harada and Ono trolling.
Tekken X Streetfighter. Still waiting

There are some characters that have better final designs than concept ones. Juri is one of them imo.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ these charades.

I love how Kayo did the sign for fat belly and Ono/Ayano quickly said "yup that's Birdie".

AYY LMAO!

ALSO DAIGOAT SIGHTING!!!

Nyoro SF

Wow those Lucky Chloe concepts are better than everything we got. I like the far right one the most, it reminds me of Air Gear.

mbpm1

Those Lucky Chloe concepts still look bad to me imo

Character's just a mess.

But a troll character is fun either way

Numb

This. Final Juri is best Juri.
nah man
Juri is the best now too so won't fight
I see another person too much. Atleast with Urien and Guile and Gill you can see who they are.
Rose and Juri too close.
Everyone knows Yoshi and Bryan are best to use in Tekken Brawl.

That cheap vision!

They did some physical and painful stuff during last time(pokken time)
Not this game and chill stuff. It was more hardcore

Nightii

Banned
Meh, the cat paws jacket is my favorite part of the design, it's unique, stands out, and makes her much more memorable than all of those concepts where she just looks like a FF reject.

Plus, they complete the salt factor, so yeah, go cat paws.

Numb

That bear
lol
"their own person" is not a thing in sf. It's a Saturday morning cartoon/anime.
Can't help it lol.
Still like em alot
Meh, the cat paws jacket is my favorite part of the design, it's unique, stands out, and makes her much more memorable than all of those concepts where she just looks like a FF reject.

Plus, they complete the salt factor, so yeah, go cat paws.
Helps with her standing out indeed. Don't see many breakdancers with those

Dahbomb

I am enjoying the pacing of this tournament.

Even in the down time they showed something hilarious. Unlike Capcom Fighters which just shows a loading screen during down time.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah, I'm gonna second both Skullgirls and Arcana Heart here for the Marvel needs...Skullgirls is by far the closest though. Arcana Heart is great though and really deserves more play. Every Arcana is like equipping an entire character's worth of tools onto any character you want. Custom xfactor abilities is a part of that too. Major differences though make it far less marvel than Skullgirls is, but its still got that super deep excitement too it though it has its own spin on it. Homing dashes and homing dash cancels instead of wave dashing and clashable/nonclashable attacks are the biggest differences.

Definitely try it out sometime. I can't say anything much for the waifu aesthetic, but the gameplay is fucking great. As for Melty Blood I've yet to play it. Anyone here able to elaborate on it?

I play Skullgirls lol, its fun. I want to get into Melty but there isn't any way for me to get it.

She looks bad to me. Most of her concept would have been much better

I think that if Lucky Chloe had one of those concept outfits, she would be much better received. Probably still hated, but much better received than her final design. I like those a lot more than the caw paw, cat ear...ensemble, for lack of a better term.

On a different note, I recently bought Rivals of Aether on Steam, which is the eight bit Smash-clone. This game feels really good, and more characters are coming. I'm not good at Smash games, but this game is really well made, I think. I can see myself playing this game with some of the folks in my scene who play Smash as their main fighting game.

Crocodile

As I said in the other thread, I can't wait till that artbook for SFV gets released. There will be infinite salt over "I wish that design got into the final game, its so much better!" for I'm sure every character :p

CO_Andy

Anybody else find it strange Bengus is doing a crap ton of art for SFV considering the last game he worked on was MVC2 (which was 15 years ago)? Everything from the in-game story images to promo art.

Anne

Anybody else find it strange Bengus is doing a crap ton of art for SFV considering the last game he worked on was MVC2 (which was 15 years ago)? Everything from the in-game story images to promo art.

I don't find it strange, I find it pretty rad.

ShinMaruku

Tekken got style but fuck them for expecting me to put in masters thesis type time into it. I have a real one staring me down the barrel soon. :E

Sayad

There's more talk about graphic in Xrd PC thread than there is about the game! :|

Alisa is ridiculous too but people complained about her long time ago.

Lars get hate too.
They didn't get as much hate as Chole, but that could just be a sign of the times.

Numb

There's more talk about graphic in Xrd PC thread than there is about the game! :|

They didn't get as much hate as Chole, but that could just be a sign of the times.

When you put a game that sexy on PC...
Nowadays everyone has much easier ways to hate lol

Dahbomb

It's like a tipping point kind of thing. When they added Lili there weren't many complaints, then they added Alisa and people got kinda annoyed then they added Luckly Chloe and people had enough.

If they add another character like that for the next game then the reaction will be even harsher.

Tekken got style but fuck them for expecting me to put in masters thesis type time into it. I have a real one staring me down the barrel soon. :E
If you can play DOA then you can play Tekken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom