• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Just got it recently myself. The dimensions are 210mm x 150mm x 87mm with stick lever according to the datasheet which is in terms of length and width slightly bigger than a DVD case. Weight is 0.5kg. Cable length 2.5m. Buttons are about 20mm big.

Not sure about build quality, but from first glance it seems ok. Not a stick user myself though.

Nice, might be worth a try even if it can't be modded. Still trying to decide between that and the FC4.

Isn't that mini $40 Hori stick one of their ones that's far, far too small to install any kind of real parts, with tiny baby buttons?

DOh. Didn't think about button diameter in terms of modding.

shaowebb

fuck arcana hearts [/yipes voice]

I'd dare him to try it out for 4 hours in the lab with that little list of arcanas in front of him I set up. :)
Aesthetic is ass, but my god does it become a sandbox of excitement when you start to realize just what exists in that game. Too bad its as unintuitive as it gets. It really needs a proper breakdown of Arcanas at the Arcana select screen as well as character tactic tutorials.

EDIT: In general, I think MOST fighting games need to rethink how tutorials and training work. Folks need tactics, a metronome rhythm game with a ghost performing the combo you need to learn, and some kind of reward system for taking on various scenarios and either beating moves, blocking strings, or outpoking shit. A whole currency system of rewards would need to be in place though for that last one but it'd be a great thing to have people challenged to take on various pressure strings and reward them for learning to block or for out poking/trading vs stuff. It'd teach them proper skills, how to handle/bait/beat stuff, and make it a fun game learning these things as it should be.

shaowebb

Yeah you can padhack an MKX pad or FC4 into any existing stick. That's what I did.

You just sodder the lines direct to the PCB dont you? Is the MKX pad's pcb labeled on one side to state which wire goes to what button like the ones you can buy for dual modding stuff on the PS3/360?

DunpealD

Nice, might be worth a try even if it can't be modded. Still trying to decide between that and the FC4.

Seems to be a matter of preference between stick and digipad. If there is one big difference it's that the FSM4 has 8 face buttons. Since buttons are smaller the distance between buttons are also smaller, which means your pinky could reach the L1/L2 buttons without issues. That's also the reason why I prefer it over a normal arcade stick.
Also tried it on PS4 USF4. Both PS3 mode and PS4 mode works like a charm.

If you play with FC4 with claw style you got 6 face buttons and 4 shoulder buttons I wouldn't know how to use.

An alternative would be the new and coming Madcatz Fightpad Pro which even comes with a touchpad and stick. Thinking about getting one myself if they ever decide to release it in Europe.

EDIT: The FSM4 has a square gate. The buttons have a "click" on pressing which is supposedly a change from the previous version.

MechaX

Man, it goes $100 just when I bought a $80 HRAP V3 a few months ago (unless for some reason that also works on Ps4).

Fuck it, I'm buying everything on PC. C'mon Xrd Steam release, get Arksys' ass in gear for PC Revelator too.

Silent_Z

If you've got a PS3 stick you're looking to upgrade to ps3/4, I'd recommend checking out the Brook fightboard. Just replaced the stock PCB in my Namco TE with one; it's worked pretty nicely so far. Added bonus, they do Xinput on PCs. Definitely more pleasant than padhacking.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1630-brook-ps3ps4-fighting-board.html
if these existed when I did my padhacks I probably wouldve went with them.

They should put out a screw terminal version

Silent_Z

if these existed when I did my padhacks I probably wouldve went with them.

They should put out a screw terminal version

Paradise and Jasen's Customs are collaborating on an add-on board for these where you can drop the Brook in and get screw terminals and a switch to wire in another PCB, if I'm remembering everything correctly. Crazy stuff but no idea what the timeline is on it.

Zissou

Since Crush Counter now also builds V-Meter, you can now do the D.E.D. option select into meterless guard crush setup. This new change probably also opens some more V-Trigger D.E.D. OS hitconfirms than the given example.
Hitting backdashes now results in counter hit which also means crush counter chance.

That sort of OS seems pretty limited in use given how unsafe sweeps are on block in SFV. If they get hit, you get a nice set-up, but if they block, Ryu is eating a full punish.

LegatoB

If you've got a PS3 stick you're looking to upgrade to ps3/4, I'd recommend checking out the Brook fightboard. Just replaced the stock PCB in my Namco TE with one; it's worked pretty nicely so far. Added bonus, they do Xinput on PCs. Definitely more pleasant than padhacking.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-console-joystick/1630-brook-ps3ps4-fighting-board.html
Wait, no 8-minute timeout issue on PS4? Is that true? Did I look away for a couple months and someone found a solution?

LegatoB

『Inaba Resident』;188886404 said:
Yeah, the brook products don't have the 8 min timeout.
There was PS4 firmware update a few week ago that brought it back but they fixed it in a day.
Damn, guess I'm going to have to order one or two of these soon. (And hope that the PS360+ guys can figure out what they did differently and replicate it in software.)

Well, no, but you wouldn't want to be fishing with sweep like that in the first place, since on block or whiff your life sucks.

There are plenty of GOOD HPs and HKs where this is worthwhile.

I think the devs are doing this so you can punish a missed DP with a hard knockdown.

If the opponent misses a DP and has 35% life but your best combo is 28-30%, get that hard knockdown rather than the max punishment.

notworksafe

What channel is this Tekken tourney on?

e: nvm i guess it's twitch.tv/tekken. not sure if that's the english stream though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
the customs
Hwj830H.gif

Dahbomb

Ok Shaheen pulling out the gun to shoot a dead Devil Jin who is being lifted up into the heaven was pretty fucking funny.

jerry1594

I played 2k2um with a friend in spain and it felt like underwater. Is the netcode just bad or are there some settings I can mess with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom