• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to play Rivals of Aether? >_>

AFJHLCn.gif
Best Disney movie.

Ok time for some advanced Movement with Misty and Ayane then Lady Kstoute and Momiji are next. :E
Looking forward to it.

Why couldn't you learn it?

It wasn't comfortable in the slightest, although I did end up learning it (I've long forgotten the muscle memory though). I deduced it had something to do with the fact that I had been playing fighters on pad since the SNES days, and when I went to arcades it was mainly to play The Simpsons, or one of the many TMNT games, or Gauntlet Legends when that finally dropped.

I miss Gauntlet Legends. :(

I'm blessed in that I'm a pad player who also played quite a bit in arcades growing up. So when I play stick, even if my play isn't great, I still feel comfortable even if I hadn't played on in over 10 years. Can't wait to get my own.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I prefer stick, I just can't physically play it anymore xD

Outside of some very specific stuff pad is just fine if not easier and more consistent for other things

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Don't get blisters with a DS4 but hands get all weird after a while. I'm using a wannabe Xbox Hori pad for anything other than fighters. It's a whole lot more comfortable.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The Dualshock dpad is actually quite good. It's two biggest problems: the gaps in the dpad and the rough texture. Rolling motions are very uncomfortable on it which is why it's better suited to 3D fighters.

The secret is to play with the middle joint of your thumb.

It covers more motion faster plus you can input stuff faster than stick players with little effort.

Numb

Pad warrior.
Use the weirdest thing where it is put under a layer of thin clothing for smoothness
Also happy new year FGC-GAF

CO_Andy

The secret is to play with the middle joint of your thumb.

It covers more motion faster plus you can input stuff faster than stick players with little effort.
I'll give playing the middle part another chance since it's been so many years.

Don't see anyone 'round here recommending the Hitbox when it's S-Kill's preferred implement of destruction these days.

Infinite

BlazBlue is such a slow game I dont know how anyone can enjoy it.

Kappa, I remember someone here was trying to argue sf4 was faster than it LOL

I'll go buy it if you play me in BB :p
Wasn't that back when combos took six months and hit stop was longer?

WarRock

Got destroyed by a Urien/Gouki player with the best spacing and defense I've ever seen in Fightcade today.

Scrubbed a win against his Urien doing the craziest shit: threw a Shinkuu Hadouken, while he was parrying it I crossed him up, scored a knockdown, pushed him into the corner and outpoked him with EX Hadoukens :V

smurfx

get some go again
anybody ever play better after you stop playing a game regularly? think i've gotten much better at marvel after not playing it so often. my decision making has become much better. obliterated this one guy that used to give me problems before. like a 24-1 beat down.

Bison and Honda is why I switched to a stick. All that charging hurts after a while on a pad.
i always have trouble with charge characters on pad. kind of sucked to learn that fang was a charge character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't get why charging hurts on pad? Why are you pressing so hard to make it hurt? o.o

Edit: Shin stop already big ass filler pictures taking up chunks of my screen are 100% pointless and repetitive

Edit 2: Spoilers don't solve the issue

smurfx

get some go again
I don't get why charging hurts on pad? Why are you pressing so hard to make it hurt? o.o

Edit: Shin stop already big ass filler pictures taking up chunks of my screen are 100% pointless and repetitive
my problem isn't about it hurting but getting unwanted inputs. like i'll often get diagonal inputs and get blown up for it. maybe its a problem on madcatz pads since its easier to get diagonal inputs.

ShinMaruku

What is point and what is not.
How people hold pad can cause pain in some ways , just how their Sonic the Hedgehog protein worked.

jerry1594

Got destroyed by a Urien/Gouki player with the best spacing and defense I've ever seen in Fightcade today.

Scrubbed a win against his Urien doing the craziest shit: threw a Shinkuu Hadouken, while he was parrying it I crossed him up, scored a knockdown, pushed him into the corner and outpoked him with EX Hadoukens :V
Games? Just wanna mess around on stick a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom