• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puente Hills Mall. Been practicing a ton there. I feel like I'm one of the best as far as the mid-tier players go. There's still a nasty wall to climb to reach and keep up with the top players here, but I'm slowly figuring more out.

I've been putting off Rachel since I need to spend a day and figure out proper neutral for her in CF. Carl, I could easily go back to but haven't. Most of my games accumulated are with Izayoi and Hibiki, so I've been busy ranking them up. I'm focusing more on Hibiki however. Playing Izayoi feels like playing Vergil in a lot of ways. So many dumb things I can do, but I don't think I'll be learning matchups properly as I would with Hibiki lol
Ahh lucky you. With my Japan trip over I can't play until console

Too bad the Springs doesn't have an arcade.

I couldn't get that one because I play my FC4 on my knee.

Yams, I just got GGXrd today. Right now I'm deciding which game I want to dedicate time into before SFV drops: SFIV, Xrd, or BBCPEX.
Rotate. You have two months.

Will watch in 10 min. Thank you!

In terms of numbers, I would say SCV. It had a ton of comp in its first year, a bunch of people for it at EVO, Namco throwing money at it when it was at MLG for 3 events. It also had a ton of Japanese players for the game when there hasn't been much of a scene for the game since SC3AE. An now we're going into 2016 and there's still events for the game.

I wish I knew what the numbers were for SC2 back in the day, but it was helped by Tekken 4 turning out the way that it did. And when SC2HD released, it only got play for a little bit in Cali by a few people, so I doubt there's many people who really enjoy competing in the game. Even with SC4's problems, it still wasn't bad enough to go back to SC2.

For SC4, the scene was 1/4 the size of the scene for SCV, and competition was pretty much dead once EVO 2009 and Nationals were over except on the east coast and France. But the people who stuck around were really competitive at the game and dedicated to it. I miss those days.

SC usually breaks out the key moves, stances, and moves out of stance for each character. In SCV, they went further by offering explanations in the training mode for new players which I'm sure helped because a bunch of newer players still compete in the game, on top of the game being simplified overall.

I think VF is fine in how moves are ordered, but there's so much to the game that it may be overwhelming for someone new unless you know how to approach it, or you have other people to play and learn from.
Thank you!

how have you decided what an important move is?

if youre going to separate it, allow something meaningful like "just show me circulars" or "mids" or "-2 to -7" etc
I mean a move that makes a character stand out. Separate stances and stance moves from the rest as well. It's just basic organization.

Um. Besides the unlocked character bullshit, Xrd has the best overall package I've seen from a fighting game in a long time. Presentation, graphics, crazy characters...this is my shit. I missed you GG. ;_;

Sheroking

It's pretty amazing how perfect Floe's FF7 run is.

First Mike Ross stole a Turbo (Ether) and then Triforce dissolved the empire, nuked his own team.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yams, I just got GGXrd today. Right now I'm deciding which game I want to dedicate time into before SFV drops: SFIV, Xrd, or BBCPEX.

I'd say take it easy on SFIV, it teaches a number of bad habits that aren't relevant in a lot of other street fighter games. I'd say get into Xrd since Revelator is right around the corner then play SFV.

ShinMaruku

I'd say take it easy on SFIV, it teaches a number of bad habits that aren't relevant in a lot of other street fighter games. I'd say get into Xrd since Revelator is right around the corner then play SFV.

Revalator might be a ways away since it's Arc Sys and we are in the west.

I will be enraged if we get Revelator without Dizzy.

But Testament when?

I would like to play it with you, but I can't do so until next week. Work keeps me away from any serious game time.

Once Tuesday rolls around, I'll have seven days off. I'll get back to you via PM after that.
Dang. I got my controller fixed and want to play someone. :-(

tumblr_ln485euWkf1qhoxx9o1_250.gif

Give me Robo-Ky

Kikirin

Also, I think Hakumen's 214A is a ridiculously bad special. I have never seen it win an exchange in the neutral. :-(

Wut. I feel like you're not doing it right if you're just tossing it out raw in neutral. It's more used as an efficient combo part vs airborne enemies or as a frame trap / pressure reset tool for blockstrings (+1 on block).

jerry1594

I just own Xrd and Bloodborne.

Try out the Indivisible demo if you haven't already.
I have the demo on pc but haven't played it yet. Not that interested in bloodborne. Would love a Dark Souls remaster though. I kind of hate the shitton of remasters coming out this gen but that is a game that really needs one.

Wut. I feel like you're not doing it right if you're just tossing it out raw in neutral. It's more used as an efficient combo part vs airborne enemies or as a frame trap / pressure reset tool for blockstrings (+1 on block).
I would rather 623A for pressure. Yeah, it is necessary for combos, but that alone doesn't make a move good.

Just cleared arcade with I-no. First time in a long time I've cleared arcade mode just because I find the game so fun.

GGXrd it is. Sorry BB and SF, but this game is just too fucking good.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can you elaborate(i'm far from mid level)?

Yrc and the slowdown is the dumbest shit ever
Removal of throw techs *fixed in rev*
Top tiers are REALLY stupid like wtf why levels
Danger time is garbage
A good chunk of characters in a small roster are meh at a competitive level
Hellfire is dumb too

I still enjoy it but damn it's not as good as people act it is specially coming off of ACR+

It's like if instead of bbcf building off of bbcpex they decided to go with bbct again and change some stuff

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey Q what's with people saying it wasn't the creator's game after a certain iteration? Did Sega send some people over to wrest creative control away or something?

Daisuke took a beak on a bunch of elements after #reload. It's one of the reasons why AC was so different. Nothing to do with sega

Danger time is garbage
Hellfire is dumb too

I still enjoy it but damn it's not as good as people act it is specially coming off of ACR+

It's like if instead of bbcf building off of bbcpex they decided to go with bbct again and change some stuff
God, why on earth is Danger Time still in the game. Is it supposed to be hype?

Hellfire is dumb, but not really a big deal.

The character relevancy complaints are a bit unfair - every fighter takes multiple iterations to have a balanced roster.

Agreed with the rest.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God, why on earth is Danger Time still in the game. Is it supposed to be hype?

Hellfire is dumb, but not really a big deal.

The character relevancy complaints are a bit unfair - every fighter takes multiple iterations to have a balanced roster.

Agreed with the rest.

But revelator has no balance changes

and they should know what's too much, the series is ancient now. That said Az is stupid in bbcf

FACE

Banned
Cancel slowdown abuse.

25-49% meter burst bait could be added to that list I think.

That OS was removed, so people developed a 50 meter version of it.

Danger time is garbage
Hellfire is dumb too

Thanks for the answers.

PS: Danger time is, indeed, pretty garbage. Who thought that'd be a good idea?

Korigama

Hm, up for BBCPEX if anyone else is. Of course, this would still be the first I've actually played against actual people in BB since CS II.

RIP Beef. Gone and already forgotten.

damn shame how that went down
I don't see anything noteworthy in his recent history. :-/

But revelator has no balance changes

and they should know what's too much, the series is ancient now. That said Az is stupid in bbcf
Maybe they just want to give the game more time to breathe. /shrugs

No doubt the AC+ is better, though. Testament play is mesmerizing.

Thanks for the answers.

PS: Danger time is, indeed, pretty garbage. Who thought that'd be a good idea?
Probably for spectator hype.

FACE

Banned
I don't see anything noteworthy in his recent history. :-/

Maybe they just want to give the game more time to breathe. /shrugs

No doubt the AC+ is better, though. Testament play is mesmerizing.

Probably for spectator hype.

They need to understand that the slo-mo in T7 is hype, that random ass bullshit isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom