• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Tuned into the Haken tourney for the Dengeki Bunko Ignition facebook group just in time to catch grand finals. Shiba Miyuki(cat assist )vs newcomer Yuuki (Dokuro Chan assist) and I think both rocked as their blaster the same dude. It was either Shiba Tatsuya or that dude from Devil is a part timer with Miyuki using power, and Yuuki using escape as their options selected.
http://www.twitch.tv/hakensann
It was really great stuff. Off a touch either player would destroy most of the other player's health. Lots of forcing the other person into clash scenarios and forcing them to use trump cards early in sets leaving someone with the claws effectively gone the next round or two. The Ice user Miyuki eats up a TON of space and when you call the cat assist its dirty. You knock someone down, send out the assist and it appears BEHIND the opponent and tosses several cats out onto the ground that walk to the edge of the screen like a slow moving series of Get em missiles assists from Phoenix Wright. Except since the assist goes out so far before it starts tossing cats you can high low AND left right mix them up once its called and Miyuki has huge hitboxes. Super nasty.

Yuuki though...damn. That character WITHOUT Trump card only combo links just does ridiculously long combos in the air. Huge damage if you can hit it.

Ending was weird. Bracket nearly reset but someone put their controller down early and didn't attempt to clutch out the round when both were on last hit.
Great stuff. Hope to see more next week. Check the stream archive.

If they rematch again we'll play more.

Your I-no has sky-rocketed in the last few days. Nice work man.

i've only played the two/three times with gaf the past few days lol

but i am getting kinda comfortable with i-no

i'm doing the wrong move maybe 10% of the time versus the 50-60% the first two times

now i just need to learn what i should actually be doing . . . . .

i've only played the two/three times with gaf the past few days lol

but i am getting kinda comfortable with i-no

i'm doing the wrong move maybe 10% of the time versus the 50-60% the first two times

now i just need to learn what i should actually be doing . . . . .
GGs. Sorry I had to bail. Baby woke up crying.

A lot of I-No players do lots of multi-hops on oki with different overhead combinations. It is pretty hard to block. Essex on here has a good I-No IIRC.

I am constantly annoyed by how inconsistent my strings are with Zato, and how often I accidentally let Eddie get hit because I can't manage Eddie and Zato in the neutral. I feel like I even do better just playing Zato against you in the neutral, and forgetting about Eddie entirely. Lol. I just don't think my brain can handle it.

ggs Lost confused, my hand is starting to hurt from all the beak driver mashing :p
Nice win record.

ggs lost, good half a round count lol

GGs. Sorry I had to bail. Baby woke up crying.

A lot of I-No players do lots of multi-hops on oki with different overhead combinations. It is pretty hard to block. Essex on here has a good I-No IIRC.

I am constantly annoyed by how inconsistent my strings are with Zato, and how often I accidentally let Eddie get hit because I can't manage Eddie and Zato in the neutral. I feel like I even do better just playing Zato against you in the neutral, and forgetting about Eddie entirely. Lol. I just don't think my brain can handle it.

yea ggs, no prob, figured it was some kinda emergency

yea, i try to use her dash to mix-up, but i'm not good at it. it's just me going high every time lol. but it'll come with practice

i think your eddie is pretty effective, against me at least. trying to hit it gets me counterpoked a lot, and when you get going we might as well just move to the next round lol. you seem to have a good grasp of zato's normals though, so even without eddie you handle the neutral fine. i never feel like it's time to steamroll just because eddie is gone.

And here I was thinking about moving away from Az for a character with a more solid neutral in CF. What buffs did he get that make him so strong?
He got a real DP, I hear.

ggs lost, good half a round count lol

yea ggs, no prob, figured it was some kinda emergency

yea, i try to use her dash to mix-up, but i'm not good at it. it's just me going high every time lol. but it'll come with practice

i think your eddie is pretty effective, against me at least. trying to hit it gets me counterpoked a lot, and when you get going we might as well just move to the next round lol. you seem to have a good grasp of zato's normals though, so even without eddie you handle the neutral fine. i never feel like it's time to steamroll just because eddie is gone.
Oh geez, were you guys still playing? I shut off the PS4 while my TV was off because of the light. I thought everyone left already. -_-

You learn to do a few highs in a row, and then train me to block high so you empty jump into grab or a low. Plus I think she might have double overheads and such.

I can control Eddie well, OR I can control Zato well. So I can do smart Eddie stuff, but then I get hit by I-No's music note like a moron. Or I can avoid the music note and let Eddie die. I think a grand total of three times I successfully mounted an assault by controlling both and evading the note.

None of the characters I play in fighting games have DPs, so I am pretty patient in my blocking.

If they make Zato without Eddie, and the drills were like Purification that could be done while Zato flies around in that demon form, I would be so happy...

I always feel good when I use all of a character's normals in different situations. It shows me that I have an intermediate understanding of the character.

you know, i still don't have sin unlocked . . .

i don't like doing trials and being in training or online doesn't seem to earn points ._.
Story mode.

you know, i still don't have sin unlocked . . .

i don't like doing trials and being in training or online doesn't seem to earn points ._.

You get a ton of in game currency by going through the story mode. You also get some by doing arcade runs iirc.

yea, i let story mode play itself back when the game first came out

but stuff that isn't training mode or online is boring as all hell so grinding the rest is a pain

i've only got like 15k to go so i'm sure i'll do it eventually

or maybe i won't have to when the new one drops

GG, I'll call that karma for all the suffering it was causing me.

Your Sin is at least about where it should be now, better than I am.

I thought i had an answer for bandit bringer until like 3 games in when I realized that I didn't :/

We both kept changing up a little bit throughout the set until I realized you didn't have a clear answer for beak driver xx whatever special I hope you don't block.

Then you started doing mid screen ground viper or whatever it's called attacks which I didn't realize; hits low, and it's not a block string :/.
Sol sounding more and more like the most complete SF character ever b
I kept bursting through them because I know there's a timing which I can come down and punish it.. I just don't actually know the timing lol

Tularensis

Neo Member
He got a real DP, I hear.

Well that's a good addition I guess. That will definitely help with corner pressure, because right now I try to keep at least two bars for counter assaults when I'm fighting certain characters. Trying to fight out of the corner vs Makoto is pretty much ggpo without bar in CPEX.

Also, all this Xrd talk is making me want to try it again. I already double dipped on PC just incase.

We both kept changing up a little bit throughout the set until I realized you didn't have a clear answer for beak driver xx whatever special I hope you don't block.
I think the answer requires timing that I wouldn't be able to have especially online.

Also yes grand viper does hit low and will low profile some attacks. It can be comboed into if you are close enough. Guaranteed punish if it whiffs though.

Man I am getting so tired of getting beat up as Sol, maybe I'll finally learn Venom.

The one saving grace of all that was that Sin has average weight unlike stupid Ky.

Rhapsody

Banned
And here I was thinking about moving away from Az for a character with a more solid neutral in CF. What buffs did he get that make him so strong?

5D doesn't cause knockdown, so it's a bit scary to deal with as it is. He got a new move that's a DP. The DP is actually really bad. Startup has to be like 13 frames or something since I'm sure you can attempt a meaty and block the DP. Still, that means you can't just OS against his backdash on his wakeup and that's it. There's other buffs, but I haven't paid close enough attention.

IMO, he's not top 3. I'd reserve that for Izayoi, Carl, and Arakune in no specific order. 4th and 5th, I'd need more time.

Edit: While his DP isn't the greatest, it's still a good tool added which makes things a lot more annoying to deal with as a whole

Rajang

Just posted this in an another topic as well, but do you guys have any experience with fightpads? I've mostly been using PS3/PS4 pads, but I want to get a dedicated fighting pad for Tekken 7, SFV and older fighting games on PS3. But I dont know which one to buy. I've read some good stuff about the Hori Fighting Commander 4, is that one worth getting? I know that Mad Catz is releasing the SFV FightPad PRO in february but that d-pad is looking real suspect. Would love some advice.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Just posted this in an another topic as well, but do you guys have any experience with fightpads? I've mostly been using PS3/PS4 pads, but I want to get a dedicated fighting pad for Tekken 7, SFV and older fighting games on PS3. But I dont know which one to buy. I've read some good stuff about the Hori Fighting Commander 4, is that one worth getting? I know that Mad Catz is releasing the SFV FightPad PRO in february but that d-pad is looking real suspect. Would love some advice.

The Hori FC4 is the first pad I've used that feels like an adequate substitute for the Sega Saturn pad, which has been my go-to controller for the past 20 years for any game that doesn't require analog input. Nice D-Pad, 6 face buttons + 4 shoulder buttons, a toggle switch that allows L3 & R3 to be used and also allows the right hand to access L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 by itself, and a pretty long USB cord. You can also adjust the D-Pad's alignment and diagonal input sensitivity, although I haven't really messed with that. I like it a lot. I just have to see how well it holds up after extended usage.

The last Madcatz pad I bought was their SF4 branded fightpad in 2009. A couple other friends and I bought some, and we were less than impressed. The D-Pad was too floaty, and the rubber parts beneath it broke on all of our controllers within a year, rendering them unusable. Not really opposed to giving their upcoming model a try, but they've really got to deliver in order to justify that MSRP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The FC4 is the best pad on the market. It's just unfortunate I don't use pads anymore otherwise. I have one collecting dust right now. Used it for less than 10 minutes.

The Hori FC4 is the first pad I've used that feels like an adequate substitute for the Sega Saturn pad, which has been my go-to controller for the past 20 years for any game that doesn't require analog input.

The FC4 is the best pad on the market. It's just unfortunate I don't use pads anymore otherwise. I have one collecting dust right now. Used it for less than 10 minutes.

Be right back, going to Amazon to buy one now.

Essay

Who are the good Sin players to watch? I think Dogura plays him, are there any others?

Some good ones were already mentioned, but Zadi has to be included too in the list of top Sins too. Also, GAKU, the former Robo-Ky god, shows a lot of Sin tech and confirms in his matches that shouldn't be overlooked.

Welp, the psychological autocorrect I get for looking British! But, yeah, I have pointers to give if anyone wants to PM me so I don't miss it between checking the thread from work.

Marz

I-no is impossible to block. Her, Millia, and Chipp whenever they force me to block and i dont have burst i just say fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom