• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

all this talk about xrd, you would think people here are actually playing the game.

I own it from the sale. Haven't touched it. I got like 6 games I'm working through at the moment.
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax & Ignition
  • Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend
  • Under Night in Birth Exe Late
  • Phantom Breaker Extra
  • Chaos Code
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max

And I got a preorder on Koihime enbu at the end of this month and will be getting Nitroplus Blasterz as soon as the US release date is finalized this month and eventually Blade Arcus because I might as well complete the release list as well. Just too much man. I can't get good at any of them with this many to shuffle through between all the shit I'm building. Its over a year's worth of work easy playing and studying this many. It'll be fun though and well worth it. I'm already seeing after playing some of these some stuff I should adjust on what I'm making animation-wise to avoid pitfalls like what I'm seeing in the Examu titles. Plus there are a few assists I'm finding noteworthy in how they affect these games.

EDIT: Oh and dont forget Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Its not a new game but I got it running on Dolphin as well as on a custom server homebrew channel users enjoy on Wii. Sucks that the stick layouts I have from Wii and PC differ though.

Essay

all this talk about xrd, you would think people here are actually playing the game.

I play it enough to have gotten Top 16 at NEC last month. :O

Helps that it's the biggest fighter in my city alongside Smash right now, with 20+ showing up when we plan a tournament at our weeklies.

you guys should make sure to have your online ids updated in your gaf profiles

Oh geez, were you guys still playing? I shut off the PS4 while my TV was off because of the light. I thought everyone left already. -_-

we were lol, but i guess we'll know to just remake the next time you're afk lol

You learn to do a few highs in a row, and then train me to block high so you empty jump into grab or a low. Plus I think she might have double overheads and such.

i feel like i was getting jabbed out of anything that wasn't an air approach. yea, she's got double overheads, according to this i-no video q posted, so hopefully i can incorporate that into my game soon

I can control Eddie well, OR I can control Zato well. So I can do smart Eddie stuff, but then I get hit by I-No's music note like a moron. Or I can avoid the music note and let Eddie die. I think a grand total of three times I successfully mounted an assault by controlling both and evading the note.

that's probably more match-up experience than anything. and the fact that you've already done it means it's certainly not beyond you. i imagine you'll get better at that sooner rather than later

At my local last night the only method of control was stick.

I use a pad (FC4).

It got better the more games I got in but at first it was awful. But by the end of the night, I had won 6-7 fights with a controller that isn't my primary method of control by just sticking with the basics.

It felt really good. One dude in particular, who played Cody, was salty. But I've played so much better Cody's online. lol At first he's treating me like I don't know what I'm doing because I tell him I don't play stick. He's like that's cute, let's play. And then I lost to him because I'm having input issues, and then he mentions that "you know there's an SFV, right?", and I'm like,"yeah I know, can't wait" and he's shocked I know about SFV for whatever reason. Then I'm annoyed that he thinks I don't know SFV is a thing and preceded to beat his ass 4-0. When I was excited I could pull off my combos with a stick he got so salty. The look on his face was real defeat.

Felt good and makes me want to learn stick.

I use a pad (FC4).

It got better the more games I got in but at first it was awful. But by the end of the night, I had won 6-7 fights with a controller that isn't my primary method of control by just sticking with the basics.

It felt really good. One dude in particular, who played Cody was salty. But I've played so much better Cody's online. lol At first he's treating me like I don't know what I'm doing because I tell him I don't play stick. He's like that's cute, let's play. And then I lost to him because I'm having input issues, and then he mentions that SFV is coming out soon, and I'm like,"yeah I know, can't wait" and he's shocked I know about SFV for whatever reason. Then I'm annoyed that he thinks I don't know SFV is a thing and preceded to beat his ass 4-0. When I was excited I could pull off my combos with a stick he got so salty. The look on his face was real defeat.

reminds me of this http://thephoenix.com/boston/recroo...st-the-anxious-masculinity/?page=1#TOPCONTENT

Piccoro

Hey guys, the Vampire Savior community is having an open tournament on PSN tonight.
The winner gets a 20$ psn card! So if you have DS Ressurection please join us!
You can register here: challonge.com/vsavpsn

Kalamari

I use a pad (FC4).

It felt really good. One dude in particular, who played Cody, was salty. But I've played so much better Cody's online. lol At first he's treating me like I don't know what I'm doing because I tell him I don't play stick. He's like that's cute, let's play. And then I lost to him because I'm having input issues, and then he mentions that "you know there's an SFV, right?", and I'm like,"yeah I know, can't wait" and he's shocked I know about SFV for whatever reason. Then I'm annoyed that he thinks I don't know SFV is a thing and preceded to beat his ass 4-0. When I was excited I could pull off my combos with a stick he got so salty. The look on his face was real defeat.

Haha! Great story. You should learn stick just so you can hustle unsuspecting dudes who don't think you can play.

MechaX

Holy hell, I tried to practice Juri in Ultra for roughly 20 minutes, and my fingers and wrists are fucking killing me.

I'll admit I haven't picked up the stick in awhile, but this is distressing to say the least.

Holy hell, I tried to practice Juri in Ultra for roughly 20 minutes, and my fingers and wrists are fucking killing me.

I'll admit I haven't picked up the stick in awhile, but this is distressing to say the least.

thats b/c another game is calling to you

I go to game underground and know the people who ran brainbox, so this is a weird article to me. Maybe things were different a few years back.

yea not sure, only just know of the article

ShinMaruku

She has quite the execution requirement.

Also Juri is unique in the dames that she requires thorough use of your noodle.
One of you will misread that and this is for you. :E

ShinMaruku

I'm saying that all the female characters (except maybe elena) require you to use your brain

I'd argue Elena needs brain usage too if you can bait fools into her building meter and whatnot. But why I say Juri is more conspicuous is because she can quickly move from Offense to defence on a time and since she has some intresting tools and meh buttons she takes more thought than say the vortex dames, the ones with insane buttons and the backdash queens.

CO_Andy

I think The original KI2 had Jago lusting after his sister Orchid.
548097-killer-instinct-snes-screenshot-orchid-finishes-his-brother.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom